PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Jordan to BTCC in 2008

Lousada
26th September 2007, 13:21
Excuse me if this was already posted somewhere?

In the biggest story of the 50th anniversary season of the BTCC, the father and son team will race a pair of Honda Integras for Lichfield-based Team Eurotech, with backing from John Guest and Pirtek. The team will run the two Integras in matching livery, with the ex-Gordon Shedden 2006 car having recently been acquired from Team Halfords.

http://www.teameurotech.com//news.htm?bM=9&bD=26&bY=2007&bT=160

I have seen Andrew a few times at various Rallycross meetings. He's a really good driver, in dry and wet conditions. The way he adopted from a Mini to the Ford Focus was really impressive. He also seems a nice and well-balanced person. I will be following his career with interest!

dwboogityfan
26th September 2007, 14:37
Great to see another car on the grid for next season which is capable of troubling the S2000 teams. Andrew has shown himself to be a good young driver and he won't get a better team-mate than his dad. I think it will also benefit Mike to have a team-mate.
I wonder how many of the old cars will be on the grid next season. Alan Taylor is supposed to be doing 2008 in his Honda and thought James Kaye had bought a Honda as well. Along with 3 or 4 MG's (3 Kartworld and possibly Paul Luti for Dreadnought Racing) the BTC class could be alot stronger than in 2007.

BDunnell
26th September 2007, 16:27
I really hope the Integra is still competitive next year for both the Jordans. There is probably no better privateer team to get the most out of it now than Team Eurotech, given that it will be their third year with the car and the fact that they have so much preparation experience.

Captain VXR
26th September 2007, 16:40
Cool news; is it me or do andrew and mike have the exact same height?

MBailey06
26th September 2007, 17:44
Great to see another car on the grid for next season which is capable of troubling the S2000 teams. Andrew has shown himself to be a good young driver and he won't get a better team-mate than his dad. I think it will also benefit Mike to have a team-mate.
I wonder how many of the old cars will be on the grid next season. Alan Taylor is supposed to be doing 2008 in his Honda and thought James Kaye had bought a Honda as well. Along with 3 or 4 MG's (3 Kartworld and possibly Paul Luti for Dreadnought Racing) the BTC class could be alot stronger than in 2007.

Don't forget others like Erkut and probably John George, as well as the rumours of Michael Doyle partnering Alan Taylor in a Civic Type R, so the BTC field is far from dead yet.

Alfa Fan
26th September 2007, 17:56
Rumoured BTC Spec entries for 2008 in order of likelyness

Mike Jordan Team Eurotech Honda Integra (100%)
Andy Jordan Team Eurotech Honda Integra (100%)
Alan Taylor Robertshaw Racing Honda Integra (99%)
Michael Doyle Robertshaw Racign Honda Civic Type-R (99%)
Jason Hughes Kartworld Racing MG ZS (99%)
Erkut Kizilirmak Arkas Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch (95%)
John George TH Motorsport Honda Integra (90%)
Fiona Leggate Kartworld Racing MG ZS (80%)
Paul Luti Dreadnaught Racing MG ZS (70%)
TBA Kartworld Racing MG ZS (50%)
TBA Arkas Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch (50%)

Percentages are just a rough gestimate of the chance of the entry materialising.

mattie007
26th September 2007, 18:02
From what Ive been told by a very good source, Paul Luti is 99.9%, seeing as they have the car, driver, team and funds in place.
Fiona Leggate is 100% IMO, whereas Jason is 50%.

I half expected the BTC field to be gone in 2008 but its getting bigger!

peewhee
26th September 2007, 18:13
Michael Doyle Robertshaw Racign Honda Civic Type-R (99%)

Mark Proctor's old car!

VkmSpouge
26th September 2007, 20:17
Great to Mike and Andrew Jordan will be racing next season. Andrew will have a steep learning curve but I hope they have a fine year.

Alfa Fan
26th September 2007, 23:04
From what Ive been told by a very good source, Paul Luti is 99.9%, seeing as they have the car, driver, team and funds in place.
Fiona Leggate is 100% IMO, whereas Jason is 50%.

I half expected the BTC field to be gone in 2008 but its getting bigger!

I don't see Fiona racing for Kartworld if Jason doesn't!!

Daz
26th September 2007, 23:28
This is great to see Mike and his son Andrew racing together in the same team. Really hope Andrew doed well and he couldn't ask for a much better teacher :)

peewhee
27th September 2007, 01:05
The thing I find interesting is, Why has this information been released now?

These stories are normally left until after the season is over. As good as the story is...

Why now?

VkmSpouge
27th September 2007, 01:07
Andrew will certainly have a nurturing environment within his Dad's team. Perhaps they should change the team name to Jordan & Son :D

Iain
27th September 2007, 06:57
Cool news; is it me or do andrew and mike have the exact same height?

It's almost as if they're related.

MBailey06
27th September 2007, 07:16

These stories are normally left until after the season is over. As good as the story is...

Why now?

Well I didn't believe it either at first, but having seen the picture of them together with the car in their race outfits it has convinced me it will happen.

peewhee
27th September 2007, 09:55
Well I didn't believe it either at first, but having seen the picture of them together with the car in their race outfits it has convinced me it will happen.

I didn't say I don't believe it! I have been aware of their plans for a while now.

LiamM
27th September 2007, 10:48
Its good news, although im slightly disappointed Mike didn't go after an S2000 car, although we have seen the problems of running 2 different cars in a team before!

cos
28th September 2007, 00:18

Why now?

The deal presumably had been done for a few weeks at least, but the motorpsort press will have been focused on the F1 "spy" scandal in the last few weeks. Now we're in the middle of a 6 week gap between BTCC race weekends and Stepneygate has been "resolved", thus by releasing this info now Team Eurotech get Pirtek and John Guest a nice Motorsport News front page story!