PDA

View Full Version : Coors Light to be Official Beer Sponsor of NASCAR Beginning with the 2008 Season

Jonesi
25th September 2007, 21:07
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070925005417&newsLang=en

I don't know how this could work without the Bud shootout switching names too.

Sparky1329
26th September 2007, 02:18
Nextel Cup is changing to Sprint Cup so I don'r see this change as a big deal. There's no such thing as "tradition" in NASCAR anymore anyway. I like Coors Light way better than Bud so I'm fine with it. :D

Jonesi
26th September 2007, 03:26
Nextel Cup is changing to Sprint Cup so I don'r see this change as a big deal. There's no such thing as "tradition" in NASCAR anymore anyway. I like Coors Light way better than Bud so I'm fine with it. :D

I was refering to the obvious problem of the "Coors Light Pole Award" at each cup race entering the driver in the "Budweiser Shootout". I would expect that that race would change to a Coors named event in Feb '09 and it was part of the deal.

jslone
26th September 2007, 06:49
It doesnt sound right,Coors Lite pole award or the Cors Lite shootout,doesnt sound right at all.

Jonesi
26th September 2007, 08:07
It doesnt sound right,Coors Lite pole award or the Cors Lite shootout,doesnt sound right at all.

How about Coors Clash for Competitive Cup Cars?

RaceFanStan
26th September 2007, 12:58
If a sponsor comes up with the most money doesn't mean that I have to consume their product ...
being a Sterling Marlin fan I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...
I would compare the taste of Coor's Light to what I think cow urine would taste like ...
I will watch Coor's Light Pole Qualifying but I won't drink their lousy beer !!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

I will happily sip on my Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser or if I'm real lucky maybe a Corona. :D

muggle not
26th September 2007, 14:36
If a sponsor comes up with the most money doesn't mean that I have to consume their product ...
being a Sterling Marlin fan I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...
I would compare the taste of Coor's Light to what I think cow urine would taste like ...
I will watch Coor's Light Pole Qualifying but I won't drink their lousy beer !!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

I will happily sip on my Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser or if I'm real lucky maybe a Corona. :D
Jeez, I am glad that you added "what I think" to that statement. :D

luvracin
26th September 2007, 14:38
I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...

It has a taste??? Last time I tried a Coors Light I took it back to the seller and accused them of ripping me off for giving me water in a can. :p :

Sparky1329
26th September 2007, 15:00

If we're talking about Corona I'd take that over Coors Light any day. My usual beer is Rolling Rock. :D

Cow urine? :rotflmao:

muggle not
26th September 2007, 15:25
I don't know, but I've been told :D that cow urine actually has a strong taste. :)

RaceFanStan
26th September 2007, 16:37
Strong maybe but I also imagine the taste of cow urine would be nasty ... ;) :laugh:

Sparky1329
27th September 2007, 02:04
I don't know, but I've been told :D that cow urine actually has a strong taste. :)

Ya think? :D

Sparky1329
27th September 2007, 02:05
Strong maybe but I also imagine the taste of cow urine would be nasty ... ;) :laugh:

Ditto - check my response to muggles. :D