PDA

View Full Version : Rally Finland to stay in Jyväskylä

Woodeye
25th September 2007, 13:47
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1439689

In your face Lahti!

Good decicion IMO. No need to change the location.

Tomi
25th September 2007, 14:00
yes good

AndyRAC
25th September 2007, 14:39
Excuse my ignorance, but has it always been the host town?

A.F.F.
25th September 2007, 14:58
Excuse my ignorance, but has it always been the host town?

Yes it has but city of Lahti desperately would like a slice of that pie.

Very good decision. :up:

Roy
25th September 2007, 15:04
Would it leave that city then? :confused:

Tomi
25th September 2007, 15:14
Would it leave that city then? :confused:
No it stays.

Roy
25th September 2007, 15:16
No it stays.

duh... was it ever the plan....?

Tomi
25th September 2007, 15:21
duh... was it ever the plan....?

Not sure but i dont think so, the arranger of the rally AKK Sports Oy, is only trying to get better facilities and more benefits from Jyväskylä town, thats why they use the Lahti card, not that there also would be good stages too.

Roy
25th September 2007, 15:31
Thnx for info. This is clear for me.

MJW
25th September 2007, 17:49
Jkla - home of the best rally in the world, please follow this sensible move by dropping Helsinki superspecial plans!

SubaruNorway
25th September 2007, 18:04
Lahti, is that were the Artic Rally is located?

Woodeye
25th September 2007, 18:20
Lahti, is that were the Artic Rally is located?

Nope. That would be Rovaniemi.

Lahti is the place where skiiers gather every now and then to deny that they've never used doping.

A.F.F.
25th September 2007, 19:36
Lahti is the city where there has been sprayed a tag on bus station's tarmac which says: Heinola is the BETS. :D

J4MIE
25th September 2007, 20:59
Heinola is the BETS. :D

Oops! :laugh:

AndyRAC
25th September 2007, 22:14
Has this decision caused the same amount of discussion as moving Rally GB permamently to Cardiff?

PuddleJumper
25th September 2007, 23:26
Jkla - home of the best rally in the world, please follow this sensible move by dropping Helsinki superspecial plans!
The plans I heard about sound quite reasonable. Certianly nowhere near as crazy as what went on in Argentina earlier this year. The organisers want to head south from Jyväskylä on the Sunday, using several classic stages on the way to Helsinki where they will have a superspecial in the city followed by the finish ceremony. The only concern would be how popular a stage in Helsinki might be. If half the city turned out to see there would be some serious crowds to control!

FrankenSchwinn
25th September 2007, 23:27
Lahti is the city where there has been sprayed a tag on bus station's tarmac which says: Heinola is the BETS. :D

hum, did your lovely law enforcement staff come knocking at your door about this? :D

wasn't Tampere also looking to get the rally around their parts at some point?

Josti
26th September 2007, 07:59
Can't think of anything else then a Jyväskylän suurajot. Shame people wanted to change that.

A.F.F.
26th September 2007, 08:45
wasn't Tampere also looking to get the rally around their parts at some point?

Yes, Tampere was also interested to host the rally. Some stages were driven in Tampere area in the past. Also a special stage in the actual city. In Ratina if I recall right. Janneppi would remember if he wasn't so damn young :D

janneppi
26th September 2007, 13:11
hey now, I'm not young, I'm just born late. :)

I actually wouldn't like the rally to be here, too many drunken people in the evenings, better to kep them up north.

pantealex
26th September 2007, 15:09
Jyväskylä city pays 150000€/year for rally rights, but rally brings 10-15million€ to the area, so it´s big business

Woodeye
2nd December 2007, 17:26
As an addition to this thread, there won't be SSS in the centre of Helsinki in next years Neste Oil Rally. Jarmo Mahonen confirmed this in MTV3 just a moment ago.

Good decicion me thinks. :up:

Tomi
2nd December 2007, 17:34
As an addition to this thread, there won't be SSS in the centre of Helsinki in next years Neste Oil Rally. Jarmo Mahonen confirmed this in MTV3 just a moment ago.

Good decicion me thinks. :up:

Me too, but they could make a good 1min 50sec tv stage instead, a little same like they did have in ireland, but offcourse more spectacular and demanding.

Woodeye
2nd December 2007, 17:40
Me too, but they could make a good 1min 50sec tv stage instead, a little same like they did have in ireland, but offcourse more spectacular and demanding.

True. Killeri is pretty much the worse SSS in the series.

Tomi
2nd December 2007, 17:43
True. Killeri is pretty much the worse SSS in the series.

yes, a stage would be better, the jumpsection from Ruuhimäki for instance.

A.F.F.
2nd December 2007, 21:57
Or Harju Super Special :hot: