PDA

View Full Version : Any "Road Racing" Karters here?

Sandfly
25th September 2007, 03:50
I'm new to Karting and have done some sprint karting but am changing the kart over to belt drive for longer 2 mile roadcourse racing. Anybody here with experience in that type of karting?

bennybigb
25th September 2007, 18:11
No, but I have thought about changing my shifter kart over to road racing specs. Do you know of any good kart road racing websites? Where are you from?

Thanks,

Ben

CCFanatic
26th September 2007, 00:13
I have done a few races. Using Enduro Karts though. Races were you switched racers half way through a race. The length of the races is the part that is hardest to adjust to.

Sandfly
26th September 2007, 01:13
The WKA has road racing in the Southeast at places like Road Atlanta, Daytona, Roebling Road ( Savannah ). There are races at many other real roadcourse tracks as well. I am going to the Savannah race in Oct so I can tell you more then.

There is a race in Road Atlanta in Nov and Daytona in December. I am not sure about other areas of the country.

JETFX...
8th October 2007, 17:45
I used to race SuperKart in 250cc national class here in Australia, that was a long time ago now it seems way back in the mid 80's.... Lots of fun on the local race circuits (Amaroo, Oran Park, Eastern Creek) infact most fun I have ever had on four wheels, bloody amazingly quick 240 kph and my one was slow for its class... :rolleyes:

Sandfly
10th October 2007, 02:05
Just finished my first road race karting weekend - what a blast!! Learned a lot. Tuned the Kart up a bit - could only get it up to about 97 mph, but that was great once we found the bent road end and fixed the toe-in and out
( Had a little of both just to make it interesting ). Love the belt drive setup - no mess, no chain lube. This fast stuff and a little easier on an old guy like me. Still plenty of G's, but more time to enjoy the straights and think the drive. If you ever get a chance - it is worth the effort to try out a real road race circuit in a kart. I will be back!

USKartGrandPrix
31st October 2007, 22:20
No, but I have thought about changing my shifter kart over to road racing specs. Do you know of any good kart road racing websites? Where are you from?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben,
you might want to consider the US Kart GP December 14 -16 to be held at VIR in Danville, VA.

I have also sent an E-mail Invitation to Sam Zavaglia and Brian Stockman from Australia as well as to several of the European drivers, including Trevor Roberts and all have accepted at this time. I have had response's back from several of the Europeans who are prominent in the field of Superkarts who have said that they are coming.

We believe that this has the potential to have the largest group of Superkarts assembled at one time and venue in the United States.
Memo Gidley will also be competing with a 250 Twin.

At this time there will be a Twenty Seven Thousand US Dollar Purse for the classes that are running.

CIK 125 and Stock Honda will be running for a Three thousand dollar purse each.
We are also going to be running a "Rotax Only" class with very small modifications to RMAX rules, ie: One weight only at 380lbs, and with Open tires.

We are also running a Spec 125 Class (TAG) as well and we are getting the same amount of feedback on that as well.

Hegar Manufacturing, Sharkshifter and CMC karts are all coming out from West Coast and bringing Rotax's, Motos and Stock Honda's with them. Eurokart Racing is coming down from NJ and i believe Andy Finke is coming out with guys from Jetkarting in Iowa.
Nick Weil from Speedquest also coming from Florida and he tells me he will be bringing several DD2.

Here is a link to the story that has been running on Ekarting News : http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=7669

Speeds over the weekend will vary from approx 63mph for the cadets to somewhere in the 150mph range for the Superkarts.

I have included a link to a video of what the 4 mile circuit looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mqA5xvFM0

Thank you for your time Ben and I look forward to hearing back from you. If nothing else would you be as kind as to spread the word amongst any of your friends.

Yours in Karting
Bernie Adamson
www.USKartGrandPrix.com (http://www.USKartGrandPrix.com)
Tel : 703-802-9771
Cell: 703-463-0715

Sandfly
12th December 2007, 04:48
Hey Bernie! Whats the weather like up there. Wish I could be there - but have to work. Best luck for a great event!!

Sandfly
31st January 2008, 03:42
The Southern Kart Club will be hosting the first Road Race of the year at Roebling Road Raceway outside Savannah. The 2.02 mile road circuit is smooth and fast and the SKC puts on a great event with WKA rules. Come join in Feb 9-10

Link http://www.southernkartclub.com/