PDA

View Full Version : Connecting phones to PC via USB!

Bezza
29th December 2006, 17:33
I have a new Samsung D900. I have installed everything on the CD - the PC Studio and the USB Driver. I have connected the phone to the PC via USB. The USB is recognised.

However...

Connection Wizard times out and never works.
Occasionally a box pops up saying "Camera Connected" and asks for a program to open it but none are listed and there isn't an option to search.
Accessing the USB direct on E-Drive does not work - it recognises the USB when the phone is in "Mass Storage" mode yet when E-drive is clicked on, it says "Insert a Disk in Drive E" !!

Tried the phone in Modem, Mass Storage and Pictbridge mode but access doens't work. The readme file is useless and of no help. The Orange website is useless and of no help. The Samsung website is useless and of no help.

Can anybody help? I am intensely frustrated.

Drew
29th December 2006, 18:04
Have you restarted the computer since you installed the software?

If not, try that.

Iain
29th December 2006, 18:43
I've had three phones now where you can connect them and it's always frustrating. :s If only I had a bluetooth laptop or I knew how to work the infrared on it, I'd be laughing. Instead I've got to put up with my dodgy USB port.

Keep on trying Bez, that's all I can suggest.

Daniel
29th December 2006, 19:14
Does it prompt you to try and install something on the phone?
My 3230 and Caroline's 6230i both asked me to install software on the phone.

Erki
29th December 2006, 20:44
Get a proper phone. :) My both sisters have Samsung E350E and they're lucky we have two PCs in household as one PC only recognizes one phone...

real_illusions
29th December 2006, 21:00
bezza - i had a similiar problem with my d600..go to samsungs website, register and/or login, then download the software from there, as the software on the website can be updated more easily, they'll have the very latest on there.

try that

if that fails, call up samsung and complain

:)

Bezza
30th December 2006, 12:31
Real_illusions thats my next step...

Unless the memory card I've ordered still doesn't help. The PC Studio thing is stupid I don't care about it - I just want to transfer files! Think the memory card should solve it.

Valve Bounce
30th December 2006, 23:00
Well, I intend to get a Motorola V3i when I get to San Fran - hope the thing will connect to my lap top then. :(

harsha
31st December 2006, 02:41
no problem in the v3i VB,i got the phone,just install the CD,it should work just fine....even the software is easy to use...

as for the samsung models,my brother has a D600,but the software CD that came with it doesn't work...you can store items in the memory,it will first fill up the phone memory and then the memory in the memory card...

and how is the D900 btw,i wanted to buy it but it seemed to delicate to me :s

Dave B
3rd January 2007, 16:29
Mine just worked. I never even installed Samsung's software, the PC simply recognised it as an external drive.

Make sure the phone is in mass storage mode, it resets itself to modem every time you disconnect. :s

If all else fails, try a Bluetooth adaptor for the PC instead, they're under a tenner but a little slow. Even better use a card reader, but be aware that not all of them support micro-SD so you'd better get used to fiddling round with the little adaptor.

viper_man
4th January 2007, 04:02
Ive had a similar problem with a few phones Ive had, I ended up never installing any software with the phones that had SD cards, and then just plugging the phone in to me laptop and going onto 'removeable disk' or something similar and thats the phone.

Failing that when Ive wanted to transfer songs I just do it by infrared and have a blast on the Xbox while its transferring.

pino
4th January 2007, 05:57
I've got a new mobile (800i Sony Ericsson) last month and I've installed both the PC Suite, File Manager, and the PC 2 Phone software. But so far I've only managed to use the PC2 Phone to transfer MP3 files to my mobile. The PC Suite doesn't work and the File Manager says : Device no connected :s

odykas where are you ? :p :

Dazz9908
4th January 2007, 07:38
Are running Windows XP with SP2 installed with updates enabled?
What about your M/board Bios ?, is it up to date?
Have you checked that the software and drivers are Current?
Or as they say on the "I.T. Crowd"
Have you turned it off and on again?IS the Moon in the Seventh House, and Jupiter in line with mars?
Oh, Computers have a mind of their own!, Don't they :D

Sorry no help from me, I'm afraid!.

Daniel
4th January 2007, 08:39
I've got a new mobile (800i Sony Ericsson) last month and I've installed both the PC Suite, File Manager, and the PC 2 Phone software. But so far I've only managed to use the PC2 Phone to transfer MP3 files to my mobile. The PC Suite doesn't work and the File Manager says : Device no connected :s

odykas where are you ? :p :
Why are you not asking DonJippo for help? ;)

Donney
4th January 2007, 09:50
I recently acquired a Nokia 6280 (I think) I love the thing but after installing the PC Suite software that came with it, it just didn't recognised the phone so I have to use it as an external drive. Not that I really care but I feel there's something I'm missing.

Drew
4th January 2007, 15:51
I looked all over Plymouth (well, pretty much) to buy a Nokia CA 53 data cable. Either they had no idea what it was or didn't sell it :s

Guess I'll have to get it off t'internet