PDA

View Full Version : New hope for MMSP ?

6thgear
21st September 2007, 10:33
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1117053,00.html

It`s a bit too early and optimistic, but it would be good to see Lancer WRC once again this season (maybe even 2008 ?)

In ideal world (a privately owned ?) MMSP could maybe form a company similar to M-sport.

Looking forward for further news...(edited) certainly better and happier ones than this very sad period of time has brought so far.

6thgear
21st September 2007, 10:40
sorry for inapropriate smiley...

6thgear
21st September 2007, 10:40
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1117053,00.html

It`s a bit too early and optimistic, but it would be good to see Lancer WRC once again this season (maybe even 2008 ?)

In ideal world (a privately owned ?) MMSP could maybe form a company similar to M-sport.

Looking forward for further news...(edited) certainly better and happier ones than this very sad period of time has brought so far.
sorry for inapropriate smiley...

calibr
21st September 2007, 10:52
And what about ralliart on group N then and Evo X?

MikeD
21st September 2007, 14:31
I think that's excellent news. The Mitsu WRC05 is one of my favorites (especially the look from the front), so I hope to see more of them in the future. And John Easton is a clever guy, he can make it work!

grugsticles
22nd September 2007, 12:45
I too am please to hear of this news.
I like the Lancer. For a car that wasnt hugley developed, its certainly seems to have a lot of potential. Its still competitive now days, 4??? years after its introduction.

Fischer
22nd September 2007, 18:41
Good news, I really like the sound of the Lancer, it's a distinctive roar...

Langdale Forest
22nd September 2007, 20:43
It would be good if Mitsubishi continue in the WRC.

The lancer 05 WRC is different from the other WRC cars because the rear spoiler is further foward on the car.

Helstar
22nd September 2007, 21:18
The Lancer was good looking car but slower than all the others (except Skoda, maybe !).
If I've understood well, Mitsubishi is going to lose/sell the ownership of MMSP right ? So will they be legally able to keep the cars and rent them in 2008 too ?
I wonder who want to rent a 4 years old car though ... unless they are improving it (but it didn't seem so from Aava pace in NZ).

Tomi
22nd September 2007, 21:47
actually they rented the cars for a relatively cheap price, mitsu was i think a good choise for upcoming drivers like Aava and others who needed WRC experience.

jonkka
22nd September 2007, 21:53
I do wonder how Mitsu can't make the math (or maybe I don't know all the variables), they could easily produce a competitive "a poor-mans-WRC for hire" with Lancer WR05. Citroen doesn't rent out Xsaras, Focus is expensive and Subaru is bad choice so there should be market...

koko0703
23rd September 2007, 04:04
I welcome this decision if it becomes true. I love to see Lancer WRC05 even if it's an old car. Besides it is strange if there is no Mitsu on the stages when Mitsu is promoting their new Lancer as "rally inspired".

Helstar
23rd September 2007, 04:10
Besides it is strange if there is no Mitsu on the stages when Mitsu is promoting their new Lancer as "rally inspired".
Not that it would be first time they do something totally non-sense ... what about testing and developing the car with a total passive diff for 2006 and then withdraw just one month before starting ? ^^

Tom206wrc
23rd September 2007, 08:33
Now I'd also wish a WRC team praparator to buy some whales for 2008(an more) WRC :mark:

cut the b.s.
23rd September 2007, 09:45
Its strange that we have seen so few 'whales' this year, they were very impressive in private hands last year, Henning and Manfred would have done a better job in them this year than they have done