PDA

View Full Version : Dennis reveals rift with Alonso..

Zico
19th September 2007, 18:46
McLaren boss Ron Dennis has revealed he and driver Fernando Alonso have not spoken since the Hungarian Grand Prix.

"We've not spoken. The relationship between Fernando and I is extremely cold - that is an understatement."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7003042.stm

Anyone else reckon Ron will sabotage FA's WDC chances in revenge?

markabilly
19th September 2007, 18:51
Not until the last race when both are neck and neck, tv revenue and ratings are at their highest.....and then some lug nut will come loose....but only if really necessary...... much like JV's final race in japan his rookie year when he still had a shot at a rookie WDC.......

for more details please see A Knight's Tale.....

weeflyonthewall
19th September 2007, 19:55
You reap what you sow in life and Alonso will get his due. I doubt that would include a WDC.

rabf1
19th September 2007, 20:15
How can Ron Dennis let Alonso do this and just sit there and take it? He seems to be dealing with a totally mutinous employee. Most employees who were asked by their employer to attend a hearing would be fired if they didn't attend. I am now actually starting to believe Alonso tried to "blackmail" RD. Why is RD leaving this guy in the car? If he wins the WDC it is going to be absolutely bizzare.

truefan72
19th September 2007, 20:33
he has no choice, Mad Max threatened RD and McClaren if they took action against Alonso. I hope that they find some valid reason, minor or not to get rid of him this year.

The team principle at STR chokes his driver and MM does nothing, Last Year, Klien gets dumped because he refuses to sign a champ car deal for 2007 while in the middle of driving in the 2006 season and he does nothing,

now a driver actually sabotages his own team, threatens blackmail, tries to take his teamate out on the track, actually get's sanctioned by the FIA for unsporting behaviour ( towards non other than his own teammate) refuses to talk to any principles in the team, tries to keep his own data to himself, regularly bashes the team in the press, refuses to attend the FIA meeting in Paris, of which he is central to, he who supplied the information to MM, and the FIA is worried about THAT driver being unfairly treated! WTF!

I think the $21 million he has received so far is compoensation enough to kick him out.

I guarantee you that if he returns to renault, Neither Kovaleinen or Piquet Jr would be happy with his presence. It will only be a matter of time before that situation blows up. I expect Kovaleinen and Piquet JR to leave or lodge a complaint to the FIA if FA's insists on #1 treatment next year over there, when KH starts beating him.

rabf1
19th September 2007, 20:45
"Mad Max threatened RD and McClaren if they took action against Alonso"

What was the threat? If it were me, i wouldn't care what the consequences were, i would toss this nut out.

N. Jones
19th September 2007, 21:21
Oh no, Flavio would treat him like a #1 while telling the kids on his team to keep shut...

Buzz Lightyear
19th September 2007, 22:30
I think McLaren would have a case for sacking Alonso, before the end of the year.

Blackmail seems a good enough excuse in any job.

People has done jail for such.

BDunnell
19th September 2007, 22:45
Well, as Fiero stated on another thread, Alonso has got off very lightly so far as a result of the way the FIA has meted out its punishment. I agree that his behaviour seems utterly unacceptable, and I would be very interested to hear what an employment lawyer feels about what's gone on!

fandango
19th September 2007, 23:11
I think it's impossible to draw conclusions about this. We don't really know half of what goes on. Based on being a fan of F1 for a long time, I wouldn't expect any driver to sign for McLaren and get automatic, "Flavio-style" no. 1 status.

Based on what I have seen of Alonso, I don't think he'd go there unless he thought he'd be the no. 1, and he doesn't seem like someone who makes decisions lightly or fancifully. So why does he feel so hard-done by? I reckon there's more than simple ego that Lewis has been so astoundingly quick, but I don't know.

I don't believe Ron Dennis' claims about treating his drivers equally, I never did, neither with Coulthard, Hakkinen, Senna, Andretti, Brundle, Prost or even with Lauda and Watson. I've always found this "English gentleman fairplay" to be unconvincing, perhaps partly because I'm Irish (with apologies to real English gentlemen).

So now there's talk of getting on with things and getting down to the business of sport and racing, but the only one who seems to be capable of this seems to be Alonso (and I include us). At the moment that says more than anything to me...

Buzz Lightyear
19th September 2007, 23:52
it could be the case the McLaren are 'letting' Alonso have the slight advantagne in qualifiying, as Lewis can afford to, with his points advantage.

That way it stabilies the team, and keeps Alonsos mouth shut.

Wait till the last next couple of races and I think you will see Lewis getting the upper hand again, as he had done up until a couple of races ago.

Malbec
20th September 2007, 00:07
I dislike Ron. I don't know what it is but I've always disliked him. However, I am absolutely certain that Ron is utterly honest and fair. When it is said by various members of the McLaren organisation that there is a commitment to treating both drivers fairly frankly I believe them.

Its truly tragic that Alonso hasn't been able to beat Hamilton in the points race so far but that has as much to do with Alonso's mental state as anything else hasn't it? After all had he got his head down like Michael would have done he would have had Hamilton licked. Instead he had to play political games which backfired on him in quali in Hungary and with the revelations afterwards in the FIA hearing.

No I don't believe McLaren would ever harm Alonso's world championship chances and I believe that Max knows that. The lines in the FIA declaration referring to McLaren treating Alonso fairly were an insult and Max knows it.

stevie_gerrard
20th September 2007, 00:42
Can Anyone else see Alonso going back to Renault next season? It doesn't surprise me, you can tell from the start of the season all was not well at Mclaren, i can't see Lewis-Alonso partnership lasting beyond this season.

Tazio
20th September 2007, 02:33
fandango

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's impossible to draw conclusions about this. We don't really know half of what goes on. Based on being a fan of F1 for a long time, I wouldn't expect any driver to sign for McLaren and get automatic, "Flavio-style" no. 1 status.

Based on what I have seen of Alonso, I don't think he'd go there unless he thought he'd be the no. 1, and he doesn't seem like someone who makes decisions lightly or fancifully. So why does he feel so hard-done by? I reckon there's more than simple ego that Lewis has been so astoundingly quick, but I don't know.

I don't believe Ron Dennis' claims about treating his drivers equally, I never did, neither with Coulthard, Hakkinen, Senna, Andretti, Brundle, Prost or even with Lauda and Watson. I've always found this "English gentleman fairplay" to be unconvincing, perhaps partly because I'm Irish (with apologies to real English gentlemen).

So now there's talk of getting on with things and getting down to the business of sport and racing, but the only one who seems to be capable of this seems to be Alonso (and I include us). At the moment that says more than anything to me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very well said. Apparently Fred is able to cheese these guys off, and simply go on about his business. Occasionally venting over some slight he has received(either perceived or real)After iterating his position, he gets into his car, and as with last year, does some of the best driving of anyone in the field, just to put an exclamation point on it!
If you talk allot of **** you better be able to back it up. Fred always has backed it up on the track. This is his style! It is somewhat calculated. If RD really was concerned about Fred the gentleman, he never would have signed him. He didn't expect LH to be his equal. Never considered this eventuality, or, rather this set of circumstances. And the situation is still fluid. The British Gentleman now has to remain outwardly neutral. Fred has been feeding off this for some time now. And it probably had something to do with a "GENTLEMANS" agreement when he signed on. Fred is on his way out in a blaze of glorious self promotion. I'll be very surprised if any one can stop him

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 02:52
Not being a fan of SchM ever, forum members will see that anything positive that I say about Michael would efinitely not be biased.

Michael has always been a team man. I remember when he won one race and jumped into Flavio's arms. When Michael joined Ferrari, whatever anyone may say on how he behaved towards other drivers, he was always a Ferrari man. I am not aware that he ever showed disrespect towards Flavio or Jean Todt.

Having said all this, while I will admit that I was one of Fernando's greatest supporters at Minardi, I am extremely disappointed with his behaviour now. I think that he can take a leaf out of Michael's book in how to win friends and influence people.

In the not too distant future, Fernando might find that the only friend left would be his physio, because he certainly will not have nay respect from anyone else in F1. OK, there will be team principals who would want him in their team, but only because they want to do well in races. He will never be a valued mamber of any team in the future, and history will not remember him kindly.

Roamy
20th September 2007, 02:58
FA signed with McLaren expecting to be treated like a 2x WDC - instead he was treated like ****. Using him to advance LH. If I were FA I would be pissed as well. RD is a certified POS but then again FA should have known before signing. FA is very quick and should be with a respectable team.

ratonmacias
20th September 2007, 03:29
i dont get the british definition of fairness and gentlemanship

in your books its completely fair for lewis to chop on the starts, be craned of the sandtraps, overtake massa outside the track, and even to use alonsos expirence to his own benefit by simply using the same setup as him.

why do you insist both are drivers are treated equally when it is clear lewis was getting all of alonsos data.where is the fairness in that? what does alonso get in exchange? and dont tell me he gets 20 mil as that is just what mclaren agreed to pay. is it just a mere coincidence that alonso has 45 points out of the last 60 while lewis has only 33 from the last 60? or is it that alonso played a few tricks where he didnt setup his until the last second and left lewis struggling (silverstone) or that he has simply refused to benefit lewis with his setup since turkey.

truefan72
20th September 2007, 07:26
these arguments are soooo ridiculouis I don't know where to begin.

1. Yes Alonso may have come into the season being the #1 driver and having a rookie as a teamate gave him little to worry about. Perhaps he didn't do his homework on LH but the guy has been a winner at every level and heralded a phenom since he got behind his go kart wheels.

2. LH drove exceptionally well at the beginnig of the year and simply did a better job than FA.

3. At Monaco, he was asked not to pass FA inspite of a very good chance that he would have takne it to FA.

4. At that point, LH made his move by more consistent driving to take the points lead.

5. He outdrove FA in Spain further adding to FA's problems, As well as establishing himslef as a contender for the WDC in 2007

6. FA starts bitching, complaining, whining, backdoor chatter about not being #1 etc. (instead of proving it on the track) Then the whole set up thing ensues. Complaing about LH taking his setup etc. which I think is completely overblown, but to humor you guys...If indeed that is true, then Hamilton does a better job with FA's setup than FA himself. So what does that say about FA.

7. Hamilton wins convincingly in Canada, USA, expanding his WDC lead.

So FA continues to bitch, I am not sure what hew can be griping about. He tried the setup complaint, goes to the press and badmouths the team, accusing them of playing favoritism,

8. Then we get Hungary, :down: FA's lowpoint
After the race he threatens RD with blackmail unless he be made #1 . The whole notion is so farcical that it defies logic. Stupidy at it's most refined.

9. RD goes to FIA to preempt FA's ghastly deeds. FA keeps his own set up.
In Turkey, LH has his number and save a cut tyre would have increased his wDC lead over him.

10. Monza, FA is already on non speaking terms, and Wins the race,
oh BTW LH finishes second

11. before Spa, LH is in Paris, FA doesn't bother to show up and does his own thing, while the RD and LH are over there desperatley trying to save the team ( and coincidentally FA's ride as well!!!) I think FA was somehow wishing that they did get banned and he could get a head start over at Renault.

12. LH is obviously not in the best frame of mind, after finding out all the backahanded attempts by his teammate to sabotage his drive. Despit all that he keeps his line at the start and Alonso tries to push him off it , entering eau rouge he moves wide around Alonso and alonso this time more blatantly tries to/nay succeeds at running him off the track.

13. with 3 races to go LH is still Leading the WDC, Alonso is second.
Lets not talk about the perfectly legal crane job in Germany ( show me where what he did was wrong. He kept the enging going and by the rules was allowed to be craned out)

FA has no friends left in F1 and much less respect in the community. As Valve said, his legacy will forever be tarnished by his actions in 2007.
What has evoloved is the true picture of an arrogant driver with no class, no loyalty and an absolute stinker of a personality. Someone who absolutely cannot cope with the pressure of a competitive teammate.

The final straw in my books were his antics on the podium in Spa. Not a hint of reverence, instead, chumming it up with the Ferrari guys and dousing the Ferrari tech Dir with Champagne. No hint of quiet defiance towards the situation. Or the team that nearly ended his season, then again he was part of that too wasn't he...

leopard
20th September 2007, 08:15
Someone said elsewhere that Kimi and FA are good friend, who said FA has no friend? FA would logically accept any treatment alongside Kimi instead of being the second to rookie.

Driving together with Kimi at the Ferari will absolutely empower the team to win both WDC and WCC and heave more opportunity to play hookey into Hamilton and McLaren.

:)

redson
20th September 2007, 08:39
Instead he had to play political games which backfired on him in quali in Hungary

Alonso played political games in Hungary??? When he came to the pits for the second attempt, the mecanics put on his car old tyres because Ron wanted Lewis to take the pole and he couldn't punish him for disoveying team orders.
I think was LH who talked to the stewards and then came the sanction to McLaren.So I guess the only political one was Lewis.

ioan
20th September 2007, 09:18
Will we get the chance to quote other members posts again?!

janneppi
20th September 2007, 09:25
As soon as mark fixes the problem, whatever it might be.
In the mean time, i suggest you copy/paste the text you want to quote, and add it your post, preferably mentioning the name of who you have quoted.

pino
20th September 2007, 09:43
The problem won't be fixed until Monday...sorry :(

SteveA
20th September 2007, 10:02
The problem won't be fixed until Monday...sorry :(

Oh, that's a shame ;)

leopard
20th September 2007, 10:23
How could you quote pino's :) :D

Dave B
20th September 2007, 10:31
How could you quote pino's :) :D
Cut and paste, then surround it with [ quote ] tags.

pino
20th September 2007, 10:34
Problem fixed Guys :p :

leopard
20th September 2007, 10:35
Problem fixed Guys
You mean fixed using cut and paste?

jens
20th September 2007, 11:59
Alonso won't be sabotaged as long as Ferrari has a theoretical chance to win the title. If FA retires next time around, then KR will have practically caught him in the WDC and if then something happens to LH, then the drivers' title has been played into the hands of Ferrari.

But if McLaren continues treating both of their drivers equally, then if something happens to one of the drivers, then at least the other one still has an advantage.

If McLaren has managed to secure WDC before the last round, then maybe... although it also depends, who happens to lead WDC before the last round and what's the point difference.

jens
20th September 2007, 12:10
Depends, what can be meant by "sabotaging". They can't allow a retirement for FA, because KR is still too close in the WDC. Then what about screwing a pitstop and allowing LH to get ahead? In some way that is risky too as such action will get a lot of criticism from the public and maybe even sanctions from FIA. I also have got a feeling that if McLaren really wanted to sabotage Alonso, they would have already done it - at Monza and Spa he finished ahead and those races would have been a perfect chance... but they didn't and as a result FA has constantly closed the gap between him and LH.

ioan
20th September 2007, 12:27
Cut and paste, then surround it with [ quote ] tags.

I don't have as much time to do it every time.
Maybe I'll read the forum and do something else in the spared time. :)

Tazio
20th September 2007, 13:16
A little something for everybody.
Only a sociopath could try extortion tactics
After he had already given the info to the authorities!
Which renders the extortion an empty threat?
And RD a big @$$ liar. Not news to me

So Norbert Haug essentially extorted Bernie, Max, and the council to save 2007wdc and the 2008 season.

And when things don't look like they could ever get worse. Look who may be coming back. And who do you think he will have in tow?

http://www.manipef1.com/news/2007/index.php?id=1731&redirect=1

Previously, it was believed that Ron Dennis tipped off the FIA after what he believed had been an empty threat issued by reigning world champion Alonso during a heated argument in Hungary. The 26-year-old Spaniard was subsequently described as an extortionist in the world's press.

But Dennis suggested in Paris that “Bernie said that he may have seen something” and that he “would pass it to Max [Mosley]”. “I do not know what that is,” the McLaren boss added. “I do know that Bernie said it was in Spanish, but I do not know how this material came to the knowledge of the FIA,” he added, also in the presence of Ecclestone, who is F1's chief executive.

Nigel Tozzi, a lawyer acting for Ferrari, soon cleared up the mystery, jointly crediting the emergence of the emails to both Ecclestone and Alonso. “If Alonso had not shown the documents to Mr Ecclestone, and Mr Ecclestone had not alerted Mr Mosley, who then wrote to the drivers, we would not have found out about these e-mails,” he said.

Elsewhere in the transcripts, when it was clear that exclusion from the 2007 and 2008 championships was a real threat for McLaren, engine partner Mercedes-Benz's Norbert Haug spoke about the impact that it would have on formula one. In a possible reference to McLaren-Mercedes' alliance with Prodrive, he said: “We are speaking to a second team now; as you know, there are other issues in formula one now. This is not a threat; this comes from my heart.”

Former Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn was also present as an expert witness for the Maranello based team, and he confirmed that he is in talks about returning to the sport. “I know that you have left Ferrari to take a break from motor racing. Are you planning to return to motor racing?” McLaren lawyer Ian Mill asked the Briton. Brawn replied: “I am currently in discussion with Ferrari about that possibility.”

janneppi
20th September 2007, 13:19
Tazio, as i said in the other thread:

How could Dennis know about Alonso's talks with Bernard Ecclestone, if neither of them told him about it?
Dennis did inform Max Mosley once he was told by alonso that there exists something, after Alonso's manager came back to Dennis and withdrew his previous announcement, Dennis informed that to Mosley as well.

It is possible that Alonso played both Dennis and Ecclestone to see what happenes

Tazio
20th September 2007, 13:27
These two paragraphs seem to contradict RD'S and aparrently your Claim!

But Dennis suggested in Paris that “Bernie said that he may have seen something” and that he “would pass it to Max [Mosley]”. “I do not know what that is,” the McLaren boss added. “I do know that Bernie said it was in Spanish, but I do not know how this material came to the knowledge of the FIA,” he added, also in the presence of Ecclestone, who is F1's chief executive.

Nigel Tozzi, a lawyer acting for Ferrari, soon cleared up the mystery, jointly crediting the emergence of the emails to both Ecclestone and Alonso. “If Alonso had not shown the documents to Mr Ecclestone, and Mr Ecclestone had not alerted Mr Mosley, who then wrote to the drivers, we would not have found out about these e-mails,” he said.

Valve Bounce
20th September 2007, 13:38
Now you guys have me all confused; I'm going to bed :(

janneppi
20th September 2007, 13:41
Tazio, how do they contradict Dennis?
No where in the transcript is mentioned that Alonso or Bernard told Dennis the context of their discussion so how could he know what they contained? For all he knew, it could have been Alonso's mothers paella recipe. ;)

He wen't to Max straight after Alonso told Dennis that he had something.

Tazio
20th September 2007, 13:59
Technically you are right!
My gut feelings have gotten the better of me.
But they are right more often than wrong!
Something is rotten in the state of F-1
Cheers!!

“Bernie said that he may have seen something” and that he “would pass it to Max [Mosley]”. “I do not know what that is,” the McLaren boss added. “I do know that Bernie said it was in Spanish, but I do not know how this material came to the knowledge of the FIA,"

markabilly
20th September 2007, 18:49
Valve Bounce said;19th Sep 07, 20:52

Not being a fan of SchM ever, forum members will see that anything positive that I say about Michael would efinitely not be biased.

Michael has always been a team man. I remember when he won one race and jumped into Flavio's arms. When Michael joined Ferrari, whatever anyone may say on how he behaved towards other drivers, he was always a Ferrari man. I am not aware that he ever showed disrespect towards Flavio or Jean Todt.

Having said all this, while I will admit that I was one of Fernando's greatest supporters at Minardi, I am extremely disappointed with his behaviour now. I think that he can take a leaf out of Michael's book in how to win friends and influence people.

In the not too distant future, Fernando might find that the only friend left would be his physio, because he certainly will not have nay respect from anyone else in F1. OK, there will be team principals who would want him in their team, but only because they want to do well in races. He will never be a valued mamber of any team in the future, and history will not remember him kindly.

Valve :bounce: Alonso wants a kick up the backside

Somewhere and at sometime, I remeber MS saying he considered mc Laren and then later again when Mecredes added their name to the mix, but there was something about RD that convinced him not to do it or it would not be a good amtch or something to that effect...perhaps others remeber????...

Juppe
20th September 2007, 20:06
I am fairly sure at the moment that at McLaren there is nobody who wants to have Alonso as a champion.

I'd go as far as to say that if Lewis cannot be a champion, they would probably give the championship rather to Kimi than to Fernando.

The problem is that they cannot risk sabotaging Fernando’s car, cause that would cause Max to penalise McLaren even further, so what's left? Well, Lewis - of course - is left, I bet Ron has advised him that its perfectly ok, if you need push Fernando aside, if there is an opportunity.

That's why he didn't object them driving side by side to Eau Rouge. Ron wants Fernando out, but so that nobody can blame him for it.
Watch the races to come; I hope that the boys will be close to each other on the grid. This will be the most exciting showdown for a long time.

Malbec
20th September 2007, 20:15
"Driving together with Kimi at the Ferari will absolutely empower the team to win both WDC and WCC and heave more opportunity to play hookey into Hamilton and McLaren."

Alonso will not join Ferrari, they don't want him.

Why?

They've got a good driver in Kimi who they won't want to get rid of. You could argue that Massa could go but he hasn't done a bad job has he? However Alonso's main weakness (apart from showing that he isn't a team player) is that he isn't managed by Jean Todt's son. Massa is.

How do you spell nepotism again?

Malbec
20th September 2007, 20:20
"Alonso played political games in Hungary??? When he came to the pits for the second attempt, the mecanics put on his car old tyres because Ron wanted Lewis to take the pole and he couldn't punish him for disoveying team orders.
I think was LH who talked to the stewards and then came the sanction to McLaren.So I guess the only political one was Lewis."

I was actually referring to him trying to blackmail Ron Dennis, but you reminded me about the whole quali pitlane thing.

Alonso is supposed to be the cool experienced 2xWDC, not the type to get upset by a rookie teammate. So when Lewis refused to pass him by in quali I expect a much more mature and private response than very publicly sitting in the pits 10 seconds too long to ensure your teammate doesn't get his last lap in. You're right of course, Lewis played a political game in Hungary. Alonso reacted publicly and lost 5 places as a result. Who outwitted who?

Flat.tyres
20th September 2007, 22:21
[font=verdana][size=75][color=#000000] Somewhere and at sometime, I remeber MS saying he considered mc Laren and then later again when Mecredes added their name to the mix, but there was something about RD that convinced him not to do it or it would not be a good amtch or something to that effect...perhaps others remeber????...

Mac was too honest a team so perhaps it was too Machiavellian for him. :D

ioan
21st September 2007, 09:17
Have to love good ol JPM:

"Then he went to McLaren, and when (wife) Connie and I heard that Lewis was going to be his teammate, we said 'Oh my God.'

"We immediately felt sorry for Fernando because Lewis is Ron's baby. Ron paid his whole career, so Ron wants him to win and not Fernando. He would rather see Lewis win, who is like his own child to Ron. Fernando is nothing to him."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62583

ioan
21st September 2007, 09:18
this thing is broken or what???

ioan
21st September 2007, 09:18
Another double post :rolleyes:

ioan
21st September 2007, 09:19
double post

wmcot
21st September 2007, 09:33
Does anybody doubt that if it comes down to the last race of the season and FA is a couple of points ahead of LH, that he will do a "Senna" to LH's "Prost"????

555-04Q2
21st September 2007, 12:50
[Quote] The problem won't be fixed until Monday...sorry [Quote]

Poor management !!! :p :

ioan
21st September 2007, 13:36
:laugh:

fandango
22nd September 2007, 15:01
I think there's an interesting cultural rift in the differences between Alonso and McLaren. In Latin cultures people like to have a good oul' moan and complain when they're not happy, but others don't pay much attention to the details, rather they just see that the person is pissed of and then move on. In Anglo-Saxon people are often a lot more specific about what bothers them, and expect others to take note.

For example, look at Alonso and Massa. No-one would say there's a rift between them, even though we saw them arguing in public, and their cars have clashed on different occasions. It blows up into a big row and then it's over. That is the Latin way. My feeling is that Alonso is the kind of person who prefers to be told to his face to shut up, rather than Gentleman Ron's more measured approach. Probably a bit late now, though...

Tazio
23rd September 2007, 00:16
But the question is: who's the better dancer, LEWIS or FERNANDO

Tazio
23rd September 2007, 00:17
But the question is: Who's the better dancer, LEWIS or FERNANDO?

veeten
23rd September 2007, 17:40
Have to love good ol JPM:

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
"Then he went to McLaren, and when (wife) Connie and I heard that Lewis was going to be his teammate, we said 'Oh my God.'

"We immediately felt sorry for Fernando because Lewis is Ron's baby. Ron paid his whole career, so Ron wants him to win and not Fernando. He would rather see Lewis win, who is like his own child to Ron. Fernando is nothing to him."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62583 (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62583)

well, what can you say, ioan. :o

Alonso should've talked to Montoya first before accepting that contract with McLaren. The best information you can get on any employer is from those that had worked there before, that way you won't get blindsided by news of their real intentions.

BDunnell
23rd September 2007, 17:48
Well, Nigel Roebuck says in this week's Autosport that it is likely that, in Hungary, Alonso demanded in a meeting that Dennis slow Hamilton down or maybe even drop him at the end of the season.

jso1985
23rd September 2007, 23:20
before or after the incident?

now is interesting to see Rd didn't listen to him anyway, while I think Lewis' dad could demand RD to wear pink wigs and he'd do it!

Rudy Tamasz
24th September 2007, 08:09
There's a pattern in how RD selects drivers lineup. Sometimes he tries to combine a proven champ with a young star. The idea is to have the champ educate the youngster. He did it with Prost and Senna and now with Alonso and Hamilton. He also tried it in 1997 with Hill and Hakkinen, but Hill refused to be Hakkinen's deputy. Problem start when the youngster proves equal to the champ and the relationship get explosive. Ron should have learned long ago all advantages and disadvantages of this method.

leopard
25th September 2007, 03:05
Ron might have forgotten this theory, combination of drivers whomever Kimi partnered with didn't raise any explosive. :)