PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Calendar 2008

tin-top fan
19th September 2007, 00:39
according to btcctimes.com, this is the provisional calandar for next year's btcc:

Mar 29/30 - Brands Hatch Indy
April 12/13 - Rockingham
May 3/4 - Donington Park
May 17/18 Thruxton
May 31/June 1 - Croft
July 12/13 - Oulton Park
July 26/26 - Snetterton
Aug 16/17 - Knockhill
Aug 30/31 - Silverstone
Sept 20/21 - Brands Hatch GP

I'm quite liking this calendar, shame about no Mondello though

cos
19th September 2007, 01:19
Sept 20/21 - Brands Hatch GP

...which is the same date and circuit the 2008 WTCC calendar has provisionally listed.

Les
19th September 2007, 06:32
that clashes with every European WTCC round....

Phil H
19th September 2007, 09:32
There are two good points though,
1) At least were only repeating one circuit and at least we are finally going to drive the proper Brands Hatch circuit!
2) I have the dates nice and early to take with me to Australia next week on my sponsorship hunt for touring cars! Yeah!

Northern Monkey
19th September 2007, 09:40
...which is the same date and circuit the 2008 WTCC calendar has provisionally listed.

The Brands WTCC date is expected to swap with the Valencia meeting - so it won't be a problem.

Marc W
19th September 2007, 10:21
Thats a very early finish compared to this season. Although its a shame not to visit Mondello, my bank account will be in a much better state without it!

It's a shame about all the WTCC clashes, I guess with ITV wanting them to not clash with The F1, it leaves very few weekends to use that don't clash with something. Looks like I'll be missing the WTCC and DTM at Brands Hatch next year though :( .

BeeJ_UK
19th September 2007, 10:53
Nice to see Silverstone back but it is a shame that it is at the expense of Mondello. Looks like at least 4 BTCC meetings for me to marshal maybe 5 if I go back yo Oulton which there is a good chance of especially if I can get a caravan by next season.

SEATFreak
19th September 2007, 10:58
Overjoyed at the shedule.

Again looks like I will be booking my Croft tickets early. I now know a meeting at the start of June is perfect for me for handling the temperature. It was this year and it will be so again next year. In fact if the date stays as it is May 31/June 1 it will be the earliest it has ever been staged.

The BTCC in it's 50th year will run the full GP circuit of both Brands Hatch and Silverstone. So I am predicting the cars will get a real lengthy run.

BeeJ_UK
19th September 2007, 11:09
Overjoyed at the shedule.

Again looks like I will be booking my Croft tickets early. I now know a meeting at the start of June is perfect for me for handling the temperature. It was this year and it will be so again next year. In fact if the date stays as it is May 31/June 1 it will be the earliest it has ever been staged.

The BTCC in it's 50th year will run the full GP circuit of both Brands Hatch and Silverstone. So I am predicting the cars will get a real lengthy run.
According to the email I got from BTCC Media Silverstone is being run on the national Circuit again.

"25,26&27, Silverstone (National), Northants., Sat.30/Sun.31 August"

wedge
19th September 2007, 13:30
Nice to see Rockingham back. Hopefully it'll be a permanent fixture in years to come :)

BeeJ_UK
19th September 2007, 13:46
Nice to see Rockingham back. Hopefully it'll be a permanent fixture in years to come :)
Yes I enjoyed it this year.

Eunos
19th September 2007, 14:35
I've asked Mr Gow himself why Mondello was Missing and Here's your Answer

http://www.btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=54101#post54101

Ian McC
19th September 2007, 14:46
Good to see the Rock is in there again :)

VkmSpouge
19th September 2007, 18:04
I like that calendar, nice to see Silverstone back.

nicemms
19th September 2007, 20:46
I'll hope to go to Rockingham next year, to make it the only venue I have 100% attendance at! And also I'll hope to go to Croft, my local circuit.

NoahsGirl
20th September 2007, 16:40
Nice to see Knockhill round in the middle of "summer", we might have some nice weather, instead of will it/won't it be sunny!

reidy_fan
20th September 2007, 18:37
dont think it will make much difference LOL if you can see the top of the hill it is going to rain, if you cant it is raining

Henry Cutts
20th September 2007, 21:16
It's good news that Rockingham is still on the calendar, great circuit for spectators.

Liz Bolton
21st September 2007, 16:25
Shame that the DTM at Brands clashes with BTCC at Silverstone. Hopefully will be able to attend at least 4 BTCC race weekends next year and DTM at brands.

SEATFreak
22nd September 2007, 08:53
nicemms
And also I'll hope to go to Croft, my local circuit.

What do you think of Croft?

It came in for it's usual stick for having poor facilities but I see on the motorsportvision website at http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk, it appears the same company owns the BTCC tracks Oulton Park, Snetterton and Brands Hatch. They certainly carry the same logo do they not?

If Croft was owned by the same company would it not come up to the same standards as Oulton, Snetterton and Brands Hatch interms of facilities?

nicemms
23rd September 2007, 14:48
I don't mind croft that much. Its not as good as Donington or Rockingham but its certainly not awful in terms of facilities.

The toilets can sometimes be pretty disgusting but they are only tempoary.

Teletubby
24th September 2007, 10:14
Croft is owned by the British Automobile Racing Club, who also own Thruxton, Mallory Park and Pembrey.

thompp
24th September 2007, 10:54
Shame that the DTM at Brands clashes with BTCC at Silverstone. Hopefully will be able to attend at least 4 BTCC race weekends next year and DTM at brands.

I Know - I will have to forfeit the Silverstone meet to go to the DTM at brands.

Mark
24th September 2007, 11:19
Croft is not owned by Motorsport Vision.

BDunnell
24th September 2007, 12:59
The BTCC in it's 50th year...

Slight correction needed there! 2008 is the BTCC's 50th anniversary year, which is different to being its 50th year. This is the BTCC's 50th year; 2008 will be its 51st. However, there's no doubt that the 50th anniversary is more important.

BeansBeansBeans
24th September 2007, 13:25
Mark is correct, MSV do not own Croft. Coicidentally, I was at Croft on Saturday and saw Jonathan Palmer land his helicopter behind the paddock. He was there for the Formula Palmer Audi finale, and I was quite starstruck!

SEATFreak
24th September 2007, 16:06
Slight correction needed there! 2008 is the BTCC's 50th anniversary year, which is different to being its 50th year. This is the BTCC's 50th year; 2008 will be its 51st. However, there's no doubt that the 50th anniversary is more important.

What's the difference between the 50th year and the 50th anniversary year?

BeansBeansBeans
24th September 2007, 16:26

It's like birthdays.

I don't celebrate my 28th birthday until December 12th this year, but I'm in the middle of my 28th year.

BDunnell
24th September 2007, 19:44

To be fair, it is easy to confuse, and I'm being pedantic. However, count them up and you'll get it. As BBB says, take a birthday as a good example.