PDA

View Full Version : Complain, Complain, Complain

Lee Roy
29th December 2006, 11:54
I was over on another forum, in the middle of a thread where everyone was whining and complaining about he Car Of Tomorrow, and I ran across this. Oh, I loved it so much I asked the poster if I could copy it over here:

You know.
I've noticed than 90% of NASCAR's fanbase is always whining about something, even after NASCAR fixes what they were whining about in the first place.

People cried when Matt Kenseth walked away with the championship in 2003 and they begged NASCAR to change the point system.
NASCAR listened to the fans and created the chase point system.
And people now are whining about the new point system wishing for the old point system they aslo whined about back.

People cried about NASCAR ending races under caution and begged for the Green-White-Checker system that was used in the Truck Series to be used in Cup.
NASCAR listened to the fans and implemented GWC for the Cup & Busch Series.
Now people are crying that the GWC is contrived and a gimmick.

People cried when somebody would gain a 5+ second lead on the rest of the field in a race.
NASCAR listened and started using cautions to bunch the field back up.
And people cry about this also.

And currently.
People cried that the current car is crap for racing and NASCAR should change the cars and make them more like the Trucks witch produce great racing or make them like the old cars from 15/20 years ago.
NASCAR created the COT, witch borrows from the design of the Trucks & looks like an old 80's/90's Pontiac, to help fix the problems of the current racing.
And now people are crying about the COT and how it's gonna kill racing and that the current car that they complained about is still great.

All and all. Most NASCAR fans are ungreatful.
NASCAR tries to change things to their liking, and they say that NASCAR doesn't listen to them.
NASCAR could start paying fans to attend races and the ungreatful fans that think they're entitled to the world will still complain about how bad NASCAR treats them.

RaceFanStan
29th December 2006, 13:36
I guess I'm in the other 10% of NASCAR's fanbase .....

I didn't have a problem with Matt Kenseth winning the championship in 2003.
I don't care for the chase point system, however I feel it could be tweaked to be much better.
(I'm for locking-in the top 15 to make it a competition to gain the top 10.) :D

I like the Green-White-Checker system, always have.

I hate a runaway race & I personally like NASCAR using cautions to bunch the field back up.
Just don't call it for "debri" that isn't there, call it what it is, a "regroup caution". :D

I like the COT, I think the racing will be awesome & I love that rear wing !

If NASCAR starts paying fans to attend races I hope I can find out where to apply. :D

Mark in Oshawa
29th December 2006, 19:01
I think Race fans always whine if their guy doesn't win, or if they don't like one small thing that they can blow up into a large thing. It is a fan's right to bitch and complain. NASCAR you note does its own thing......

IN short, I would love to be paid to go to the races, but that aint gonna happen. I like NASCAR, but I am not sure they need to do a lot of the things they have done in the last 5 years. I enjoyed NASCAR a lot more before the Lucky dog, COT and the Chase came along. Oh ya, and can we have about 8 less cookie cutter races a year?? Just a thought...

Sparky1329
29th December 2006, 21:45
I'm in the 10% that didn't whine about Matt Kenseth's championship because it worked out the way it's supposed to with no gimmicks. I always thought the "Chase" was stupid and unnecessary. I still do.

I think the GWC finishes are a good idea. Some of the wildest finishes in the CTS were under multiple GWC finish conditions.

If there's a debris caution I want to see some actual debris. IOW don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. No debris - call it a competition caution or whatever NASCAR's spin du jour happens to be.

The COT is ugly. According to a lot of drivers it won't improve racing. Some drivers think the safety implmentations could have been done in a current body redesign. It won't be saving teams money. I'll be a believer if and when it works as it's being sold. My money says it won't.

harvick#1
30th December 2006, 02:18
I think its time to stop calling it the COT, its going to be invovled in racing next year and its time to call it something different.

but I'm also one of the 10%. The chase sucks, the debris cautions suck, cookie cutter tracks suck, NEXTEL sucks. But Brian France will not go back and admit a mistake.

Mark in Oshawa
30th December 2006, 02:47
Harvick my man, you hit it right on the nose. Brian France is driving this bus, and even if it was off a cliff, he wouldn't back down. Some would say that is a sign of a good leader, and so far, he hasn't lost market share or turned off enough fans so maybe we are in a small minority. I doubt it however...

harvick#1
30th December 2006, 03:05
plus the COT is not as bad compared to the Grandam DP :p : the most fugly cars on the planet

Sparky1329
30th December 2006, 04:51
Harvick my man, you hit it right on the nose. Brian France is driving this bus, and even if it was off a cliff, he wouldn't back down. Some would say that is a sign of a good leader, and so far, he hasn't lost market share or turned off enough fans so maybe we are in a small minority. I doubt it however...

THe TV ratings were off significantly this season. There were also a lot of empty seats at a lot of tracks. I don't think I'm part of a minority in being turned off by Brian's "fixing" things that weren't broken.

call_me_andrew
30th December 2006, 07:55
1. I was fine with the point system in 2003.
2. I never liked the chase (that much).
3. I never liked the idea of Green-White-Checkers.
4. I never liked magical "debris" cautions.
5. Officially, I don't care for the COT, but I'm willing to give it a try.

harvick#1
30th December 2006, 19:03
THe TV ratings were off significantly this season. There were also a lot of empty seats at a lot of tracks. I don't think I'm part of a minority in being turned off by Brian's "fixing" things that weren't broken.

only 2 or 3 races actually had a higher TV rating than the 2005 season, the coverage this year was completely horrible though, hopefully ESPN will fix the problems and NBC is finally gone :D

Sparky1329
30th December 2006, 21:46
That might help the TV ratings but still doesn't address the lack of butts in the seats. The addition of Toyota might cause fewer of the diehard good old boy/gal butts in the seats also.

RaceFanStan
30th December 2006, 23:48
As long as the Toyotas get beat every week things will be okay ...
but if Toyota starts dominating all he!! will break loose. :eek:

I look forward to it. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/laff/tr.gif

Lee Roy
31st December 2006, 06:05
The addition of Toyota might cause fewer of the diehard good old boy/gal butts in the seats also.

If the addition of Toyota is they're problem, then I say "good riddance".

Sparky1329
31st December 2006, 06:54

I'm not hearing a lot of dissention about Toyota around here (NE PA), Lee Roy. My friend in KY tells me it's a really big deal in her neck of the woods. Some people understand that there's no such thing as a truly "American" car anymore but a lot of people don't. Although it remains to be seen Toyota could have a bigger negative impact on NASCAR than any of us realize.

Old3Fan
1st January 2007, 16:40
People aren't happy unless they are complaining is the old saying. I guess in Nascar's case alot of Nascar fans are happy.

RaceFanStan
1st January 2007, 17:22
All this crap about what is wrong with NASCAR is a bunch of whiners bitching.
If you don't like it, then don't watch it !
And don't come to the NASCAR forum looking for an argument. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

jslone
1st January 2007, 19:04
I actually like the chase,it means that you win and or be consistent and get in,my man Smoke sucked last year cus he had a lot of dnf's and just plain bad luck;I have to get used to the COT;the main thing I wnat changed is to add more road courses and stop the damned cooky cutter tracks.

jslone
1st January 2007, 19:06
I forgot,lower the ticket prices,they are getting out of hand.How many of people are bitching about that?

Lee Roy
2nd January 2007, 02:46

Even though it doesn't show here, I do know the difference in the proper useage of "they're", "their", and "there".

tstran17_88
5th January 2007, 05:27
They wouldn't be true NASCAR fans if they didn't complain and whine! It's only more noticeable now because of all the internet message boards.

The first thing I turn too in NASCAR Scene every Thursday is the letters from the fans. Scene tries to balance out the letters, but there are usually a few that a good for a laugh, especially when the author is clueless.

jslone
5th January 2007, 06:25
Do something about the damned plates,a lot of times they do more harm then good

Mark in Oshawa
5th January 2007, 08:15
I think to complain about the Chase, Lucky Dog's, and Green White Checker finishes are just part of some of the stuff that is driving some guys nuts. NASCAR is a great product, it doesn't need frills. It does not need gimmicks.

NASCAR shouldn't be love it or leave it. If NASCAR starts to drop in ratings or in attendance, I suspect some of these newer innovations will be dumped.....

SmokeFan20
6th January 2007, 05:54
I'd just like to point out that when I wrote this post on another forum.
I wasn't talking about all NASCAR fans.
I was talking about the wishy-washy fans that complain to NASCAR to fix something, NASCAR listens and fixes it and the same fans turn right around and complains about the fix (ie they wanted a new points system. NASCAR created a new points system. Now they want the old point system that they hated back)

Everybody has the right to complain about what NASCAR does.
Even I do my share of complaining.
But complaining about something until NASCAR fixes it and then turning around and complaining about fix is just wrong.
If you wanted NASCAR to adopt a newer points system that keeps things close or a newer car designed after the Trucks/80's Cars, don't complain when NASCAR gives you what you want.