PDA

View Full Version : Another one for Eki

Daniel
18th September 2007, 10:05
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/18/blackwater_iraq_shooting/

I personally think this is a lot more interesting than Oil and a lot less speculative ;)

BTCC Fan#1
18th September 2007, 15:28
If Condi Rice manages to convince the Iraqi PM that Blackwater shouldn't be expelled from Iraq, then the Bush administration will have finally lost any tiny shred of credibility they may still have had when dealing with the Iraq War.

Daniel
18th September 2007, 15:35
Yep. Perhaps some money will change hands and it will all be good :mark:

Dave B
18th September 2007, 15:55
I've seen the way that private security companies and wheel clampers in the UK believe in their heads that they're at least equal to the police. I assume this bunch of clowns are in the same league.

Only with automatic weapons :s

Daniel
18th September 2007, 16:00
In Australia we call them toy cops :) Wouldn't say that to them if they had an M16 though :uhoh:

Tomi
18th September 2007, 21:20
I belive this will be an another amusing episode, Iraq wants a few us mercenaries quaranteed immunity by usa to answer for their crimes in an Iraqi court.

BDunnell
18th September 2007, 21:22
I've seen the way that private security companies and wheel clampers in the UK believe in their heads that they're at least equal to the police. I assume this bunch of clowns are in the same league.

Only with automatic weapons :s

But, alas, these companies are viewed as being representatives of private enterprise and are thus never to be criticised to too great a degree by virtually any political party of any colour in government in the West nowadays.

Daniel
19th September 2007, 16:03
Something bad about the US and Eki's not here? :eek: :p :

The pope refuses a meeting with special fried Rice

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/europe/7002988.stm

Eki
19th September 2007, 17:24
Well, I guess the Pope just wasn't interested in the views of Ms Rice:

First, it was Ms Rice who just before the outbreak of the Iraq war in March 2003 made it clear to a special papal envoy sent from Rome, Cardinal Pio Laghi, that the Bush administration was not interested in the views of the late Pope on the immorality of launching its planned military offensive.

Roamy
22nd September 2007, 10:11
Well it seems the Pope is a Bigot !! fancy that!! No Rice - She is such a sweetheart. Bless me father for I have sinned - I binned 100,000 iraqis.

BrentJackson
23rd September 2007, 23:48
The Pope's catholic. That alone will piss of the Pat Robertson types.

As far as Iraq goes, groups like Blackwater should get told to either obey Iraqi law or get the hell out of Iraq. That simple.

Eki
25th September 2007, 10:51
How many of you would pick up a thing such as detonation cord just out of curiosity, just to take a closer look what it is? Especially if you're a young boy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297903,00.html

U.S. Army Snipers Accused of 'Baiting' Iraqi Insurgents

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WASHINGTON — Army snipers hunting insurgents in Iraq were under orders to "bait" their targets with suspicious materials, such as detonation cords, and then kill whoever picked up the items, according to the defense attorney for a soldier accused of planting evidence on an Iraqi he killed. Gary Myers, an attorney for Sgt. Evan Vela, said Monday his client had acted "pursuant to orders."

"We believe that our client has done nothing more than he was instructed to do by superiors," Myers said in a telephone interview.

Myers and Vela's father, Curtis Carnahan of Idaho Falls, Idaho, said in separate interviews that sworn statements and testimony in the cases of two other accused Ranger snipers indicate that the Army has a classified program that encourages snipers to "bait" potential targets and then kill whoever takes the bait.

The Army on Monday declined to confirm such a program exists.

"To prevent the enemy from learning about our tactics, techniques and training procedures, we don't discuss specific methods targeting enemy combatants," said Paul Boyce, an Army spokesman.

Camelopard
25th September 2007, 11:22
How many of you would pick up a thing such as detonation cord just out of curiosity, just to take a closer look what it is? Especially if you're a young boy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297903,00.html

U.S. Army Snipers Accused of 'Baiting' Iraqi Insurgents

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WASHINGTON — Army snipers hunting insurgents in Iraq were under orders to "bait" their targets with suspicious materials, such as detonation cords, and then kill whoever picked up the items, according to the defense attorney for a soldier accused of planting evidence on an Iraqi he killed. Gary Myers, an attorney for Sgt. Evan Vela, said Monday his client had acted "pursuant to orders."

"We believe that our client has done nothing more than he was instructed to do by superiors," Myers said in a telephone interview.

Myers and Vela's father, Curtis Carnahan of Idaho Falls, Idaho, said in separate interviews that sworn statements and testimony in the cases of two other accused Ranger snipers indicate that the Army has a classified program that encourages snipers to "bait" potential targets and then kill whoever takes the bait.

The Army on Monday declined to confirm such a program exists.

"To prevent the enemy from learning about our tactics, techniques and training procedures, we don't discuss specific methods targeting enemy combatants," said Paul Boyce, an Army spokesman.

I saw this today in the Sydney Morning Herald and was appalled, aren't "we" meant to be the good guys here?
Next they will be shooting children for playing with toy guns....

Mark in Oshawa
25th September 2007, 14:02
A young boy didn't get shot in this story. Give the Sniper's a little credit, I think they know better. Also, young boys are often told to walk up to US soldiers with bombs on them and detonate them too. Cant blame the US Army for playing games like this when the insurgency has played its share of games. Iraq is a mess, and that is because the people there don't see opportunity in getting on with their lives, it is all about settling scores, and if they can kill a few Americans in the process, that is a bonus to take to Allah. Personally, I think God is gonna have a good time explaining things to these losers as he shunts the majority off down the chute to hell.....

TOgoFASTER
26th September 2007, 13:49
Back to Blackwater
Heck of a job there Erik... said the blind man once again.
Mercenaries, religion and politics blended into one nice little no bid contract package, the true path to freedom. :rolleyes:

Oh, love it when the we kill em and "my" god will sort them out deal shows up.

SOD
28th September 2007, 01:10
Well it seems the Pope is a Bigot !! fancy that!! No Rice - She is such a sweetheart. Bless me father for I have sinned - I binned 100,000 iraqis.

binned. what humanity.

SOD
28th September 2007, 01:14
A young boy didn't get shot in this story. Give the Sniper's a little credit, I think they know better. Also, young boys are often told to walk up to US soldiers with bombs on them and detonate them too. Cant blame the US Army for playing games like this when the insurgency has played its share of games. Iraq is a mess, and that is because the people there don't see opportunity in getting on with their lives, it is all about settling scores, and if they can kill a few Americans in the process, that is a bonus to take to Allah. Personally, I think God is gonna have a good time explaining things to these losers as he shunts the majority off down the chute to hell.....

I'm sure that Mustapha-bloggs wants to get on with his life just like anyone else. When you've had the amount of conventional munitions that were used in WW2 dropped on your country TWICE, it can do a lot to destroy your psyche. I don't blame him for wanting to get even, I'd be more worried if he started grabbing his ankles. Why do they even bother fighting back?

I can't wait for Bill o' to come out and say that having a bunker buster dropped on one's house is no big deal.

Eki
28th September 2007, 08:32
I remember fousto saying Saddam was stupid because he just didn't take the money and run to avoid the war. Looks like he was ready to do just that, but Bush wanted blood:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298229,00.html

Report: Saddam Sought Exile, $1 Billion Before War

WASHINGTON — Less than a month before the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, Saddam Hussein signaled that he was willing to go into exile as long as he could take with him $1 billion and information on weapons of mass destruction, according to a report of a Feb. 22, 2003 meeting between President Bush and the Spanish Prime Minister, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

The White House was preparing to introduce a tough new Security Council resolution to pressure Hussein, but most council members saw it as a ploy to gain their authorization for war, the paper reported.

Jose Maria Aznar, Spain's prime minister at the time, expressed hope that war might be avoided — or at least supported by a U.N. majority — and Bush said that outcome would be "the best solution for us" and "would also save us $50 billion," referring to the initial U.S. estimate of what the Iraq war would cost. But Bush made it clear in the meeting that he expected to "be in Baghdad at the end of March," said the Washington Post.

Breeze
29th September 2007, 01:07
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298229,00.html

Report: Saddam Sought Exile, $1 Billion Before War

WASHINGTON — Less than a month before the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, Saddam Hussein signaled that he was willing to go into exile as long as he could take with him $1 billion and information on weapons of mass destruction, according to a report of a Feb. 22, 2003 meeting between President Bush and the Spanish Prime Minister, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

Of course I can only speculate, but I expect Iraq would be in the same kind of mess its in right now had Saddam left on short notice.