PDA

View Full Version : Stomach ache - USR

Jonte
29th December 2006, 10:15
Now my yearly stomach ache starts again, and this year its worse than ever. It is absolutely no snow what so ever in sweden at the moment, it is not even cold.

Not only am I worried about the swedish rally, i've also planned to do 'Vasaloppet', a cross country ski competition... It is 90 km, so I desperatley need to practice...

I really hope it works out.

DonJippo
29th December 2006, 10:21
Don't you worry everything will be ok for the rally :D

Tomi
29th December 2006, 10:23
really miss the board 4-5 years back, then it was much more about the sport, and the chit chat topics was at chit chat :)

Magnus
29th December 2006, 13:00
Yepp - unfortunately the cgree house effect affects not only our environment, but the nature of this forum aswell. Not much to do abt that though

MHjerpe
30th December 2006, 12:19
Hottest December ever in Sweden.... (well since they started to measure it that is) .... but remeber last year... the real snow came around 20 Jan...

GigiGalliNo1
30th December 2006, 15:29
.... but remeber last year... the real snow came around 20 Jan...

My B-day!

Viktory
30th December 2006, 17:51
My B-day!

Make sure to put "Snow in Sweden" on your wish list ;)

Daniel
30th December 2006, 18:56
really miss the board 4-5 years back, then it was much more about the sport, and the chit chat topics was at chit chat :)
Yes. I miss bashing Makinen and Burns.

Sulland
30th December 2006, 19:37

Is not this a job of the moderators, and if they cant do it all - also an admin tasker to make sure that the chit chat is kept at the right place ?

Simmi
30th December 2006, 20:06
Ultimately its down to the people who post in the thread as to what direction the thread goes, be that mindless chit chat or a rally related issue.

Is the lack of snow representative of all of Sweden or is it just Hagfors/Karlstad that always seems to suffer?

swordsman
30th December 2006, 22:52
Ultimately its down to the people who post in the thread as to what direction the thread goes, be that mindless chit chat or a rally related issue.

Is the lack of snow representative of all of Sweden or is it just Hagfors/Karlstad that always seems to suffer?

From what I know, most of Sweden (except far north of course) and even neighbors like Norway and Finland. However, I'm not worried yet... :)

cosmicpanda
31st December 2006, 01:51
I think we've had the solution before. Just hold a rally in Antarctica.

I know NZ has control over some portion of it, we could shift the NZ round down there, and then have the cars fly back to do the superspecial at mystery creek.

pino
31st December 2006, 08:02
Is not this a job of the moderators, and if they cant do it all - also an admin tasker to make sure that the chit chat is kept at the right place ?

After reading the first post, it looks like Jonte is worried about wheather conditions for the Swedish Rally so this is the right place. :) Anyway I also do hope there will be a lot of snow, after 2 years I've finally bought a pair of real snow-booths, wont' need to "dance" to keep my feet warm anymore :p :

Tom206wrc
31st December 2006, 08:46
I think we've had the solution before. Just hold a rally in Antarctica.

I know NZ has control over some portion of it, we could shift the NZ round down there, and then have the cars fly back to do the superspecial at mystery creek.

We will ask organizers of the Arctic Lapland Rally(1st round of finnish championship held in northern Finland in january) if they don't want to receive the swedish WRC round :p :

Tomi
31st December 2006, 09:04
Yes. I miss bashing Makinen and Burns.

Still wondering how a crap driver like Burns, ever could have been leading driver for any team. :)

No what i mean, is that, people dont look what excisting treads there already is, for instance someone posted a week ago a topic "winter rally weather reports" or something like that, same about the videos, i think there is a tread for those too.
Some posters from the past also did have great knowledge of the sport, and their post was always bringing some value to this forum, I wonder why they have left?

Jonte
31st December 2006, 10:30
Well, perhaps WRC isnt more interesting than this at the moment?

I see some frustation here. Instead of trying to write something interesting, its easier to complain on someone eleses post for not being intelligent enough. Thats really intelligent imo.

And what is the problem about starting new threads? Just because someone discussed an issue some time ago, doesnt men that someone else is trying to put a new angle, or have the time to read through all the threads just to make sure someone else hasnt already writen about it. Should we only have 10 threads? Video, weather, driving technique, teams, drivers, rounds, pickems and som more, and fit everything within those?

Tomi
31st December 2006, 11:27
And what is the problem about starting new threads? Just because someone discussed an issue some time ago, doesnt men that someone else is trying to put a new angle, or have the time to read through all the threads just to make sure someone else hasnt already writen about it. Should we only have 10 threads? Video, weather, driving technique, teams, drivers, rounds, pickems and som more, and fit everything within those?

Lol, thats not the case, you can write what ever you like, who cares, just noticed that before people had actually something to say, if you think its relevant to write about some ski contest in a rally board it's ok by me, or speculating how the weather will be after more than 1 month from now, it's ok too. I dont think its about how many treads there is, it's what is written in the treads. :)

Simmi
31st December 2006, 12:25
It is off season so there isnt very much to talk about.

pino
31st December 2006, 12:56
It is off season so there isnt very much to talk about.

That's the 2nd reason this thread stays here :p :

A.F.F.
31st December 2006, 13:01
So.... this guy walks in a bar and...

Tomi
31st December 2006, 13:56
Jonte, nothing personal against you, or this tread, yes now it's off season, but it has nothing to do with it, the level of the forum has dropped a lot.

Jonte
31st December 2006, 15:26
Ok, so lets bring it back to a good level.

The ski contest was mora about the general problem about the (lack of)winter. And to put a personal touch to the thread. I'm worried about the winter, last time it looked like this, the rally got cancelled (1990).

Lets stop this thread right here.

FrankenSchwinn
31st December 2006, 16:22

sits down and orders a beer. as the tender hands it, our man notices two familiar figures at the end of the bar and asks "mate, is that George W Bush and Dick Cheney over there???????" the bartender replies "yeah, they've been at it since 1 o'clock this afternoon. go over there and talk to them, it's interesting!"
so our good friend grabs his beer and his balls and walks to George and Dick. he's nevervous as hell to meet his heroes but introduces himself and offers to buy them a drink. to which George replies: "no need to buy us drinks, we're loaded. instead you can help me with uh.... this..... i'm going to dispatch the army to Iraq next spring and kill 400,000 iraquis and also the bike repair man from accross the street." with great astonishment, our friend asks W: "why are you going to kill the bike repairman from accross the street?" Bush imediatly turns to Cheney and says "you SEE!! i told you no one would ask about the 400,000 iraquis!"

Koppomsbo
31st December 2006, 16:30

and steals all the ice from the drinks and bring to sweden and norway and makes the two best winter rallies ever :D

pino
2nd January 2007, 04:18
Snow-situation for Sweden is a seriuos issue, so I still don't understand why we can't have a thread about it :confused: We had plenty in the past...