PDA

View Full Version : Forum Jump

Caroline
17th September 2007, 17:57
It might be just me.....but why does the 'forum jump' drop down thing at the bottom of the page only show limited choices. It used to be a way of jumping from one forum to the next. I am sure that I used it at the weekend.

Hmm. Me puzzled.

Mark
17th September 2007, 18:29
Side affect of something I did it is good that it did something. I will fix.

Dave B
17th September 2007, 20:12
Side affect of something I did it is good that it did something. I will fix.
Did is affect it your sentance abilty to string together? :\ :p

Hazell B
17th September 2007, 21:29
My god, Mark and Yoda really are from the same town :p :

I was just coming in here, via the home page whatsit, to ask if I was the only one.

Nice to know I'm not :)

schmenke
18th September 2007, 00:19
When fix?

Valve Bounce
18th September 2007, 03:45
Why am I being directed to User Control after posting?
I have to go back to my browser's bookmarks to get back into F1 forum. :(

Not Happy!!! :(

Mark
18th September 2007, 08:31
Using a mobile to post really messes up everything :p

Daniel
18th September 2007, 09:18
Yes. But it's a good excuse for posting nonsense :D

Valve Bounce
19th September 2007, 00:21
I have great difficulty getting back to the F1 forum after posting. In fact, it is easier to just use my bookmark to get back into the F1 forum.

Mark, could you please use the restore function on your computer? :p :

Valve Bounce
19th September 2007, 11:40
Hurrah!! The Forum Jump works. I guess the restore function worked on Mark's Computer. :p :

RaceFanStan
19th September 2007, 14:15
Yep, the forum jump works, now the quote function doesn't work. :laugh:

Flat.tyres
19th September 2007, 16:25
Why has the order changed on the Jump? It used to be that CC, FFB and F1 were all relativity close together but they are really spread out now :(

RaceFanStan
19th September 2007, 17:39
The rest of us got shafted because someone thinks the Rally forums should be the top tiers ..... :s

Speedworx
19th September 2007, 20:13
Rallying should be down the bottom. FIA ruined it years ago.

Put racing back at the top.

Storm
3rd October 2007, 21:00
Using a mobile to post really messes up everything :p

Is one allowed to post in txt spk if using a mobile? :p :

Mark
4th October 2007, 14:02
No! :p

Daniel
4th October 2007, 14:29
The rest of us got shafted because someone thinks the Rally forums should be the top tiers ..... :s
Not true :) Mark was merely working on the rallyforum style and obviously it had an effect on other forum styles :) I wouldn't want NASCAR to be at the top but if I visited through NASCARisgreat.com then I would want it to be at the top ;) I personally don't even use the forum jump function. Takes too long to go to the bottom of the page and select the appropriate forum. I prefer to just go to the front page and choose the forum from there :)

RaceFanStan
4th October 2007, 15:30
Daniel, you should know the facts BEFORE you say something is "not true" ...
because you don't use the Forum Jump, you had no way of knowing anything was ever moved.
I guess not knowing things were moved should stop you from trying to put me down.
I don't appreciate being called a liar in an open forum, consider this a friendly warning.

The facts are that :
Someone moved the Rallying Forums block above the Racing Forums block ...
Shortly after these forums were relocated, the entire Forum crashed ...
Related or not, it really doesn't matter, the Forum is back !

Said change was to only effect rallyforums.com but I come in from motorsports.com & I saw it.
Unfortunately the changes were more widespread & ALMOST everyone noticed it.

Daniel
4th October 2007, 15:45
Daniel, you should know the facts BEFORE you say something is "not true" ...
because you don't use the Forum Jump, you had no way of knowing anything was ever moved.
I guess not knowing things were moved should stop you from trying to put me down.
I don't appreciate being called a liar in an open forum, consider this a friendly warning.

The facts are that :
Someone moved the Rallying Forums block above the Racing Forums block ...
Shortly after these forums were relocated, the entire Forum crashed ...
Related or not, it really doesn't matter, the Forum is back !

Said change was to only effect rallyforums.com but I come in from motorsports.com & I saw it.
Unfortunately the changes were more widespread & ALMOST everyone noticed it.

WTFsticles? :crazy:

Read my post through and then reply again :) I never said you were a liar at all Stan. Just that the changes which were made weren't mean to influence people who weren't using the rallyforum style. Obviously it did have an effect on everyone but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't meant to. Mark is the only person who makes this changes and he wouldn't try to force anything on racing fans just to make rallying fans happy :mark:

RaceFanStan
4th October 2007, 15:51
If you have an opinion to express, you can do it without quoting me.
To quote me & then post "not true" gives the impression you are saying I am lying.
Nuff said, you have reported my post & now forum management will look into it.

Daniel
4th October 2007, 16:13
If you have an opinion to express, you can do it without quoting me.
To quote me & then post "not true" gives the impression you are saying I am lying.
Nuff said, you have reported my post & now forum management will look into it.
I never called you a liar :confused: I was simply debating the facts as I see them. I know Mark would never "force" the rally forums to be on top for everyone purely even if only for the fact that Mark's not particularly interested in it unless it was an accident.

Mark
4th October 2007, 23:22
The intention was to have the rally forums at the top purely for rallyforum users. But vb3 has strange caching and updating that it affected everyone