PDA

View Full Version : Works BMW in 2008?

norwichsam1
17th September 2007, 15:18
Just wondered what the chances of a official 'works' bmw running in the btcc were for next year? Thought that it might be an ideal time for BMW uk to put Andy Priaulx into the uk series, now that wsr have proved that the beemers can run competitively on dunlops. I realsise that it may be seen as a backwards step but surely in this country the BTCC recieves more coverage than the WTCC so as a marketing tool it would make sense. After all theres not much more they can prove in WTCC anyway. And once teams of the caliber of BMW start joining in the fun wouldn't the profile and standard of the BTCC be likely to increase anyway?

ready2rock
17th September 2007, 18:16
it would be nice to think this would happen wouldn't it. its an interesting idea for sure but whether or not BMW regard it as an option i don't know. As formula bmw has gone from the UK for next year, there isn't much high profile bmw coverage in the UK. we can all hope i suppose :)

SEATFreak
18th September 2007, 08:28
If your the team boss of such a big manufacturer like Mario Thiesen is at BMW Motorsport where he is Director and you are doing so well in the WTCC with such a big factory presence like they do, would you enter a factory team in the BTCC?

tin-top fan
18th September 2007, 10:48
it would be nice to think this would happen wouldn't it. its an interesting idea for sure but whether or not BMW regard it as an option i don't know. As formula bmw has gone from the UK for next year, there isn't much high profile bmw coverage in the UK. we can all hope i suppose :)

maybe we could look at this as them saving budget, which could then be put into a works team. I would also say that the best way to do a works team would be to put funding into WSR.....