PDA

View Full Version : Megane vs Garden Wall

Daniel
17th September 2007, 12:01
Our front garden wall got used in a crash test today by a P reg Megane :mark:

D-Type
17th September 2007, 15:06
Our front garden wall got used in a crash test today by a P reg Megane :mark: Who won?

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 15:15
With a mere ninety break-horse-power available, progress is too leisurely to be called fast, but on the motorway in fifth gear the Megane's slow pace really becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane, while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long, drawn-out affair. Not my words. The words of Top Gear magazine.

Daniel
17th September 2007, 16:00
With a mere ninety break-horse-power available, progress is too leisurely to be called fast, but on the motorway in fifth gear the Megane's slow pace really becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane, while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long, drawn-out affair. Not my words. The words of Top Gear magazine.

This was a more powerful Megane though. It had the most powerful motor of all. Gravity. Turns out the driver left the handbrake off and it rolled down the road :-/ I have pictures here at work but it's hard to upload them plus I need to take the registration number out as well :)

Don't know if the Megane drove away under it's own power so couldn't possibly say who won.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 16:19
I have pictures here at work but it's hard to upload them plus I need to take the registration number out as well :)

No leave the number on so if we ever see him on the road we can tell them what a numpty they are. :)

Daniel
17th September 2007, 16:35
Well it was an accident ;) Plus I think there are legalities involved in posting someone elses numberplate on the internet.

Caroline
17th September 2007, 16:36
It drove away. Just. It was parked in our garden and has squashed the shrubs and the frogs that live there. The bumper was wrapped around part of the wall and there was a horrible scraping sound as it managed to pull out. Somehow the Megane made it up the street butI am not sure just how it made the corner :\

There will be no uploading of photographs as I am trying to forget the whole incident, thank you!!

Daniel
17th September 2007, 16:40
It drove away. Just. It was parked in our garden and has squashed the shrubs and the frogs that live there. The bumper was wrapped around part of the wall and there was a horrible scraping sound as it managed to pull out. Somehow the Megane made it up the street butI am not sure just how it made the corner :\

There will be no uploading of photographs as I am trying to forget the whole incident, thank you!!
Poo to you! Power to the people I say. I do hope no frogs died in the making of that incident :-/ Would be a pity.

Captain VXR
17th September 2007, 16:58
There are no legalities about posting reg numbers - just look at barryboys.co.uk

Caroline
17th September 2007, 17:00
Poo to you!

This is what I have to put up with.

The photos aren't that great tbh. Good enough for the insurance company and that's all really.

Mark
17th September 2007, 17:32
If they are good enough for the insurance company they are way too good for us :p

Dave B
17th September 2007, 19:09
I used to have a P-reg Megane. Wasn't P109GBD, was it? :p

(Mine had more than a mere 90 horsepower though ;) )

Daniel
17th September 2007, 19:17
Nope Dave. Would it have been a good thing? :p

GridGirl
17th September 2007, 19:41
You didn't say whether your wall happens to be on a dangerous bit of road or if the said Megane driver is just a bit of a spoon.

Daniel
17th September 2007, 19:45
The driver left their handbrake off and it rolled backwards :) Which I did mention :p

GridGirl
17th September 2007, 19:54
Sorry, I must of just got lost in all the excitement of the possibility of seeing pictures of your beloved wall. :p

Daniel
17th September 2007, 19:58
I've been veto'd by Caroline who doesn't want the woman to deal with the shame of pictures of her car planted in a wall getting out on the internet into one of those often forwarded emails. I swear it must be part of being a school teacher training to learn how to spoil someone's fun :hmh:

Hazell B
17th September 2007, 20:40
Caroline 1
Daniel 0
Gravity 1
Wall 0

Home team advantage, I say :p :

Want an insurance bill for some very costly replacemnet shrubs? I expect your spring and autumn bulbs are all squashed, along with at least three highly prized summer flowering shrubs you'd just cut down so low they couldn't be seen in the pictures? Let me know and I'll send a receipt happily ;)

Dave B
17th September 2007, 20:41
Nope Dave. Would it have been a good thing? :p
Not particularly, I'd just be amazed if it were still running - I put 107,000 miles on it!

Daniel
17th September 2007, 20:56
she's a cruel mistress she is Hazell :( not sure what shruberies have been crushed but we do hope they are expensive.

Daniel
17th September 2007, 20:58
Not particularly, I'd just be amazed if it were still running - I put 107,000 miles on it!
French cars are good :D Mine is great other than the fact the rev counter doesn't work some of the time and when that doesn't work the air conditioning also doesn't work :mark:

Drew
17th September 2007, 22:39
Is the wall at all damaged?

Daniel
18th September 2007, 00:11
Oh yes. Bloody great big hole in it :mark:

Wilderness
18th September 2007, 19:14
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/worthless.gif

schmenke
18th September 2007, 20:21
This thread is uselss without pics!

Brown, Jon Brow
18th September 2007, 22:15
PICS!!PICS!!PICS!!PICS!!PICS!!

Caroline
20th September 2007, 16:52
No pics. Sorry. :(

Wilderness
20th September 2007, 17:33
If privacy is the concern, blur faces and license tags.