PDA

View Full Version : Euro F3 - Round 4 - Norisring

real_illusions
17th September 2007, 14:19
We're off to the Norisring Street Course in Nuremberg, Germany for some F3 steet action! The first and only street race of the season.

Race 1 is an open round - Free setups and qualifying. For race 2, the handicaps are as follows.:

Positions 1, 2 and 3 - default settings, except tyres on 100%, and start at the back of the grid.
(Adam, Johnny and Piotr).
Positions 4 and 5 - default settings, except the gears and tyres which are free, and start in the middle.
(R_Illusions and CCFanatic).
Positions 6 and 7 - default settings except gears, tyres and downforce which are free and start at the front.
(Tannat and Penske_ALMS).

Anyone else who wishes to participate, then speak now (or forever hold your peace) and i shall issue you with appropiate handicaps!

Car Settings - See above.
AI - Hard
Free practise
Corner cutting - off (but at least 2 wheels on the black stuff at all times, unless you crash or decide to run some spectators over...)
Careless driving - off
Flags - on
Restarts - only upto the end of lap 2 of each race

Race 1 - 5 laps with compulsory pitstop where you must stop and change tyres.

Race 2 - 10 laps with no pit stop required.

Times to be submitted to me no later than September 26th at midnight (ish) british time.

Race 1 - QT, FL and RT.
Race 2 - FL and RT.

Have fun!

All cars to run with no sponsorship, and with a scottish flag somewhere on the car in memory of Colin Mcrae.

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 14:50
I watched BBC last night and before the show they said "you'll be hearing accents in tonights show that you would be hearing a lot more of if you hadn't thrown all that tea in the harbor. So if you really want to understand things you should turn on the closed captioning"

then I realized two things - one, I no longer need to feel stupid for turning on the captions when I watch the British version of The Office.

two, when I read you Brit & Aussie posts I need to start reading them with an accent, instead of in american.

I already read the Poles' post with an accent, because they kind of type with an accent.

you brits don't type with much of an accent though, you just use different words sometimes.

ok, carry on!

real_illusions
17th September 2007, 14:53
you brits don't type with much of an accent though, you just use different words sometimes.

I type with the accent of silliness and wierdness ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 14:55
:erm:

Johnny - Have you seen a comedy on BBC called Saxondale?

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 15:19
never seen saxondale. But I've been keeping an eye on BBC ever since I saw that special on the Page 3 girls. or maybe it was page 6...

but last night was something about the stones. seems they're British. But Modonna isn't???? you all want to trade????

should I keep an eye out for saxondale? I loved the british office, once I turned the subtitles on!

Brown, Jon Brow
17th September 2007, 15:28
I'll swap the Stones for the Chili Peppers ;) But we already have Madonna :mad:

Oh johnny - http://www.page3.com ;) :p

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 15:35
OH YEAH :cool:

you mean you all don't want Madonna either???? someone must want the poor lady. maybe they middle east should take her. I mean, if they like Michael Jackson still they might like her!

anywho - on a race related note: I got one word for ya this round: Hand Brake.

CCFanatic
17th September 2007, 20:38
I might not run this race. Alot of school work. Plus with the McLaren situation, Ron Dennis isn't there to help me out and go around the rules. I don't need another DNQ, after getting caught.

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 20:50
I never completed my fist season either (in GT cars) because I thought I was tough **** but the results didn't back me up.

but then I remembered it was fun :) and that I would get better.

not that that has anything to do with you though... just brings back memories, that's all :D

CCFanatic
17th September 2007, 21:14
I will probably race, but I just really do not like the track. I have fun, but sometimes, I get angry, as I am not getting the times or getting even close to Piotr, or Kubica, I mean Adam Sloma. I do not have time to practice, so I usually just start a race with a lap or two of qualifying.

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 21:31
yeah, but look at it this way - at least if you run, then next time we come back to this track you'll be better prepared

Pawprint
18th September 2007, 16:52
Well, Pawprint has got his sponsarship together, after WRC3F.TK Racing were un-able to fund Half Pike to run the car for the last event at Oulton.

johnny shell
18th September 2007, 18:32
I am not getting the times or getting even close to Piotr, or Kubica, I mean Adam Sloma.

Piotr is like the fasted F3 driver in the world - literally.

There's no way you're going to get close to him right off the bat. He holds the codies record for almost every track in all of trd3 F3 racing.

check the hall of fame.

I think there's only two tracks he doesn't hold the record on, including the bonus tracks. And I think one of the two he doesn't, Sloma does and Sloma said he got it by corner-cutting.

johnny shell
18th September 2007, 18:39
:wave: so anyway

:)

did my first session for race 1 today. had a totaly blast.

in F3 cars that track is nothing like it is in DTM cars. it doesn't even feel like the same track.

there's plenty of room, for starters.

and the car is so precise... and ohhh, the sound of the engine going from one of those hair-pins straight up to top speed.

very exciting stuff :D

threw a base set up on the car & went out & posted a 38.84 by the end of the session.

that's good enough for 6th on codies.

Piotr (duh) holds the record at 37.25

and I bet I can find at least another 1/2 second.

so then I'll only be one full second behind him! :disturb:

johnny shell
18th September 2007, 19:32
P.S. there's some sloma videos here if anyone wants to be put in their place & made to feel like a drunk teenager.

I mean if anyone wants to see if they can learn a thing or two :D

http://pl.youtube.com/user/AdamSlomek

(to really drive you crazy, watch the DTM spa lap and try to figure that thing where the car twitches to the left before each right hander. :disturb :)

tannat
20th September 2007, 15:17
Hit the track last night and couldn't break a 40 in TT mode :(

Could someone post:

-Min and Max speeds from telemetry
-downforce settings
-suspension settings
-camber/ toe settings
-ride height

The car seemed absolutely non-responsive to any setup changes I made, even if I made the front and rear total polar opposites

johnny shell
20th September 2007, 15:58
I read a post by a codies programmer once that said that in normal sim mode most set-up changes are really dumbed down or muted.

I know downforce makes a difference, and tire hardness, and of course gearing...but other than that???

maybe ride height - a little.

PiotrB
20th September 2007, 18:14
I just did 0:36.80 on Norisring. Look at Hall of Fame:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=32

I also recorded my telemetry (bad quality):

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=GFz5VbU-9D0

Could someone post:

-Min and Max speeds from telemetry
-downforce settings
-suspension settings
-camber/ toe settings
-ride height
Min speed - 92KPH
Max speed - 305KPH
Downforce - 50/50
Suspension - secret :)
Camber & Toe - default
Ride Height - 0.00/0.00

I read a post by a codies programmer once that said that in normal sim mode most set-up changes are really dumbed down or muted.

Can you give me a link?

tannat
20th September 2007, 18:35
Cheers, Piotr :up:

johnny shell
20th September 2007, 18:50
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91053

Pawprint
21st September 2007, 16:59
made to feel like a drunk teenager.

ahem

PiotrB
22nd September 2007, 16:55
THX for a link Johnny !

Adam Sloma
23rd September 2007, 14:04
Maybe someone sees my free time? I don't remember where I left him and can't find him now ;) .
I'm out for this round.

johnny shell
24th September 2007, 13:58
run my races!

here's a trick - make your pit stop right away in race one. that way if when you come out of the pits & get into a big wreck you can still restart.

luckily, I didn't learn that "the hard way". but I almost did.

all in all I'll have fond memories of this little german track from our DTM/ F3 swing through here.

I'll be looking forward to returning next year.

tannat
24th September 2007, 15:33
Min speed - 92KPH
Max speed - 305KPH
Downforce - 50/50
Suspension - secret :)
Camber & Toe - default
Ride Height - 0.00/0.00

My max speed compares favorably, as I'm at 184 mph, but my minimum is a bit off at 45 mph ( about 10 mph off). For me I've found the biggest help is adding downforce, but I doubt I'll be breaking 40 seconds at this venue :(

Are you guys flat through the fast right/left on the back straight?

johnny shell
24th September 2007, 15:50
I'm not, no way.

PiotrB
24th September 2007, 20:22
I think that it's imposible to take these corners flat out in 50/50 downforce setup.

Pawprint
28th September 2007, 16:46
Hey, I'm really having trouble finding time to do anything these days guys. soz.

Paws

real_illusions
1st October 2007, 20:20
many apologies for the delay.

57 hours of work in 5 days isn't good for trying to keep awake ;)

Results and the next round details will be posted either tonight or tomorow.

real_illusions
1st October 2007, 21:02
Norisring Race Results.

Only 4 people came to Nuremberg, the rest probably kidnapped by the german mafia.

Piotr led the way, and moves ahead of Johnny in the championship who bagged a pair of 2nds. With me and Tannat scoring a podium and a 4th each.

Race 1
Qualifying

PiotrB - 36.80
Johnny Shell - 38.99
R_Illusions - 40.78
Tannat - 40.84

Race 1

PiotrB - 3:41.98 (37.93) - 10
Johnny Shell - 3:47.68 (39.76) - 8
R_Illusions - 3:55.32 (41.11) - 6
Tannat - 3:56.04 (40.37) - 5

Race 2

PiotrB - 6:37.37 (38.27) - 10
Johnny Shell - 6:51.43 (40.03) - 8
Tannat - 6:53.67 (40.52) - 6
R_Illusions - 6:56.30 (40.82) - 5

1. PiotrB - 60
2. Johnny Shell - 57
3. R_Illusions - 38
4. Adam Sloma - 36
=. Tannat - 36
6. CCFanatic - 32
7. Penske_ALMS - 19

I will post both Spa and Brands Hatch race details together. As the calender is on a tight schedule and one race is straight after the next.

Watch this space for the next 2 rounds.

tannat
1st October 2007, 21:12
Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this game..

Cheers, ri! :up:

Were you away photobugging over the past few?

real_illusions
1st October 2007, 21:38
Were you away photobugging over the past few?

sorta...but all of those 57 hours were working hours, not many were photos, i have some from the track days at Anglesey (friday) and Donington (today, monday)..they will go on my website soon.

Updating the trd3 website at the moment and working out the Spa and Brands details.