PDA

View Full Version : Woz Colin robbed?

kellner
16th September 2007, 19:37
In the King of the Rock race, worth £10,000, Colin White was way ahead when the the pace car was called out under yellow flags for no apparent reason. Another driver then took advantage of the situation and took the big prize. It was said over the public address that Sonny Howard had initiated the pace car situation. I think Sonny may owe £10,000 to Colin.
I just hope that this is all wrong and I have misread what I thought I heard!!

Please put me right.

Maurice

LessThanSte
16th September 2007, 20:09
Well, i understand that the drivers had all agreed to share the £10000 between tho, so add £1000 to what they won for winning the other series races!

Was a little harsh maybe, though it could have been to save them from having to do a practice session whilst the crowd were waiting!

darknessrock
16th September 2007, 20:10
The caution was arranged before the drivers got in the cars,, also each driver got a share of the money, so no £10k prize. Yes Colin should of won, but that Jason was pretty fast!!

kellner
16th September 2007, 21:33
Thanks folks. I'm happier now. I was just so concerned for Colin !!

Nick Brad
18th September 2007, 14:44
I'm glad to hear this deal was arranged, very sporting of all concerned. Also, I don't think Colin was too concerned about not winning, judging by the amount of people he was drowning with champagne in the garages sunday evening.
To be honest I wasn't entirely sure who was in what car anyway, the PA system wasn't very clear from on top of the garages and also, the race was pretty boring to me, I went for a walk after two laps unaware that it was Colin leading by a country mile.
My thoughts on the whole weekend are less than complementary though, I can't post them here though as I'm already on probation and I'd hate to be banned for a few months. :mad: :rolleyes: