PDA

View Full Version : new chassis design for BUSCH Series in 08

Galveston dunes
16th September 2007, 18:23
I heard on nascar today next year the Bush cars will be the smaller version of the cup cars.Anyone else got anyting on this?

harvick#1
16th September 2007, 18:43
I heard the Nascar Series was gonna run with the muscle cars

I left out Busch, because they are leaving and no title has been named yet

Galveston dunes
16th September 2007, 18:53
Yea thats what I heard. The Mustang,Camero,and the likes.Sounds cool to me.But I'm waiting to see the modafations that are introduced to the cars before I totally agree with the theme.

RaceFanStan
16th September 2007, 18:58
from jayski's.com :
Pony Cars Coming To Series:
NASCAR hopes to inject new life into its Busch Series by changing the types of cars raced,
beginning as early as 2009, according to multiple sources familiar with the project.
If plans go according to schedule, the next-generation Busch Series cars will be Chevy Camaros, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustangs and an as-yet-to-be named Toyota model, sources said.
A switch to these cars ... would help the Busch Series have its own distinct identity apart from Nextel Cup and help remove the stigma of the series as "Cup Lite," as some call it now.
Sources familiar with the project said NASCAR has discussed the idea of switching cars with the manufacturers and has received a positive reception for the idea.
(9-15-2007)

Galveston dunes
16th September 2007, 19:22
from jayski's.com :
NASCAR hopes to inject new life into its Busch Series by changing the types of cars raced,
beginning as early as 2009, according to multiple sources familiar with the project.
If plans go according to schedule, the next-generation Busch Series cars will be Chevy Camaros, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustangs and an as-yet-to-be named Toyota model, sources said. A switch to these cars ... would help the Busch Series have its own distinct identity apart from Nextel Cup and help remove the stigma of the series as "Cup Lite," as some call it now.
Sources familiar with the project said NASCAR has discussed the idea of switching cars with the manufacturers and has received a positive reception for the idea.
(9-15-2007)
Will they adopt the cot package as well? Just how much lower can the camero get without losing the Firebird/IROC look?

Jonesi
16th September 2007, 21:05
Will they adopt the cot package as well? Just how much lower can the camero get without losing the Firebird/IROC look?

My guess not for a few years at least. There must be +400 of the CoYs chassis sitting around with no where to race after Homestead. I doubt they will end up looking much like a pony car though.

muggle not
17th September 2007, 00:06
my understanding is that they will use the current Cup car chassis.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
20th September 2007, 12:00
But i have read interviews with nascar officials saying busch would get a cot style car over the next 2-3 years.

tassiedevilAB
20th September 2007, 13:38
sounds to me that the v8 style cars could become the race package for globalisation of nascar! If that happens the exidus will be aussie & kiwis dominating the series, & hardly a yank in site!

muggle not
20th September 2007, 23:08
Yeah right. :) :) :) :)

RaceFanStan
21st September 2007, 00:01
What our Aussie friend fails to understand is ...
that if NASCAR would remove American drivers from a series ...
many many American fans would say good-bye to that series ...
NASCAR is smart enough to realize that & it ain't gonna happen ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

(I have to laugh at the thought of it.) :rotflmao:

muggle not
21st September 2007, 01:02
Besides, they would still have to qualify to make the races. :)

BenRoethig
24th September 2007, 18:00
I'm kind of disappointed really. I would have liked to have seen the cup series representing the full size cars (Impala, Taurus, Charger, Avalon) with Busch representing midsizers (Malibu, Fusion, Avenger, Camry). If NASCAR wants to do something with they pony cars, they can purchase the rights to Trans-AM and return it to its former glory.

BenRoethig
24th September 2007, 18:02
Besides, they would still have to qualify to make the races. :)

And then pass people in the races.

RaceFanStan
24th September 2007, 18:56
....If NASCAR wants to do something with they pony cars,
they can purchase the rights to Trans-AM and return it to its former glory.
Why bother with the rights to Trans-AM ????? Trans-Am is DEAD !!!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
NASCAR does what it wants, when it wants & the way it wants !!!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
NASCAR doesn't merge into another series, it makes it own !!!!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

luvracin
24th September 2007, 19:53
from jayski's.com :
If plans go according to schedule, the next-generation Busch Series cars will be Chevy Camaros, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustangs and an as-yet-to-be named Toyota model, sources said.

Of course Toyota would probably bring back the Celica nameplate :p : to totally mess things up.