PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race - Belgian GP

jens
16th September 2007, 16:11
For me such threads have always been a place, where to highlight performances of those drivers, who due to the machinery didn't drive at the front and therefore got little or less attention, but deserves credit by his performance anyway, which by no means was less impressive than winner's performance. Therefore I have usually found no point in voting for the race winner (to who usually most of the people give their vote), who drives the best car on the grid and gets all the winning honour anyway.

So therefore for me the driver of the race was definetely Adrian Sutil. He passed Trulli and was trying to pass Coulthard and was running strongly in 12th for some time - already his qualifying was impressive. Although he had less fuel onboard than DC & Co, then the performance itself was still very impressive. And the underfunded Spyker is also the team of the day as they have made the biggest step forward during the last month with their B-spec car.

HM's to Rosberg and Webber. The first one seems to shine in every race. The latter again clearly managed to outdrive Coulthard. I also enjoyed Sato's racing.

BeansBeansBeans
16th September 2007, 16:16
I'd choose Raikkonen or Webber.

I don't agree with you about purposefully ruling out the winning driver in these polls. You don't need to be driving a uncompetitive car to drive well!

jens
16th September 2007, 16:24
I don't agree with you about purposefully ruling out the winning driver in these polls. You don't need to be driving a uncompetitive car to drive well!

Winner gets most of the votes anyway, therefore I like to give my vote to someone else to create some balance. It doesn't mean that the winner has driven in some way weaker than others. I find it boring, when everybody votes for the winner. And as I have noticed, winner has got the majority of votes on most of the occasions this season.

ioan
16th September 2007, 17:13
Winner gets most of the votes anyway, therefore I like to give my vote to someone else to create some balance. It doesn't mean that the winner has driven in some way weaker than others. I find it boring, when everybody votes for the winner. And as I have noticed, winner has got the majority of votes on most of the occasions this season.

You are right!

I vote for Sutil too!

Viktory
16th September 2007, 17:14
Räikkönen and Sutil in my opinion.

Roamy
16th September 2007, 17:53
I'll go with Viktory

Rak was flawless sutil was exciting and fast - one more of these drives and look for him to move up to a faster team.

FIA
16th September 2007, 18:50
Raikkonen was super from pole as usual, Webber did a stunning job, but I have to say Adrian Sutil showed his true potential, great drive Adrian.

F1boat
16th September 2007, 18:56
Kimi and Heikki.

markabilly
16th September 2007, 20:21
Sutil, without question, in that car, was an exceptional drive until right towards the end

In two races, this year he has shown a certain amount of real flair of making a show in a stinker of a car produced by near bankruptcy...

maybe it is just luck, but even if it is, being lucky is often more important than being good...just look at Kimi........really do not know much about him otherwise :s mokin:

Robinho
16th September 2007, 21:10
Kimi was peerless, Webber had a great drive and sutil spent a portion of the race far further up than he should have been, albeit on a 2 stopper and soft tyres

stevie_gerrard
16th September 2007, 23:44
No-one really had a brilliant drive, the only one to get anything out of their car was Sutil, whose speed was immense for periods of the race. He gets my vote :up:

wedge
17th September 2007, 00:45
Raikkonen - but only just!

It was the doughnuts that swayed my vote! I take it KR was confidant his car would pass through scrutineering!

Ranger
17th September 2007, 04:01
Raikkonen, then Sutil or Webber. Great drives.

Flat.tyres
17th September 2007, 11:25
KR was faultless all race, Sutil showed what raw promise he has (reminds me a bit of a young Sato) and MW drove above expectations so he gets my vote.

555-04Q2
17th September 2007, 12:22
Kimi for me. He was simply awesome at Spa all weekend :up:

ShiftingGears
17th September 2007, 13:22
Raikkonen, Sutil and Webber are my trio. They all drove excellently.

dpatt
17th September 2007, 13:35
Kimi without a doubt.
Pole - Then Win. Many people are critical of KR, but who got the 10 Points.
What is better than a 2 horse race? A 3 horse race - Go Kimi!!!