PDA

View Full Version : Colin White wins Sat race

ascar dave
15th September 2007, 17:55
Colinn White won the race today, couldn't make it myself at a family wedding. Skid, Mark Willis & Martin Heath failed to finish results at http://www.msttiming.com/thunder/2007/73767.pdf Anyone got any info on the race?

darknessrock
15th September 2007, 18:41
Nice... 15 cars,, What happened to Skid, and is Rob still running the V7? I'll be there tomorrow, so see you all then...

turn 4 mad
15th September 2007, 19:59
Nice... 15 cars,, What happened to Skid, and is Rob still running the V7? I'll be there tomorrow, so see you all then...

robs engine was fine today, more than could be said for the bodywork, having gone into the wall at turn 3 backwards very heavy. im ure he will be on here soon to tell more.

darknessrock
15th September 2007, 20:35
Sorry to hear that,, hope you get it fixed for tomorrow Rob.. If you need any help, just shout!

EarWig
15th September 2007, 21:00
With superb hard work and determination by various crew members from other SCSA teams and Rob's own crew they rebuilt the back of the 59 car and made it on track with literally seconds to spare for the 2nd race.

You should have heard the roar from all teams and spectators when the car fired up and was pushed into the pitlane.

A remarkable achievement by everyone concerned despite the huge amount of damage

Round 9 race results on web site: http://www.v8trophy.com/2007results.shtml

Regards
Ray

shuz7
15th September 2007, 21:47
(sorry, using Suzanne's account - my pooter is offline)
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you............ ad ifinitum.

While I was relaxing on the bed in the medical centre, boring the poor guy who had to take my obs, Duane and his Revolution crew, together with people from just about every crew in the pitlane, set about fixing my scuffed car.

It just goes to show how GOOD the Mac Tools V8 Trophy is, with the teams pulling together like a great big family. Just like NASCAR.

The car went well, but yes, it was a V7 again as the new plugleads that came in from the 'states early last week have committed hare kare one by one because they are about 1" too long, and foul the exhaust manifold in some cases. Thankfully, I have some good spares, and will be back to V8 tomorrow.

A BIG thank you to my crew (most of whom could not be with me this weekend due to being stitched up with work etc..)
Scotty (Chief), Rikko (Understudy), Henry (double-understudy), Beery, Ben, Jon, and by no means last & least - the voice in my ear..... Nick.

Rookie Champions 2007. Not just me - the WHOLE team.

Thank you thank you thank you.....

To all who have supported Team Air Ambulance this year, from those who just say "Come ON!" to those who have supported the air ambulance charities directly.

See you all tomorrow. Come and see us. You're all welcome.

Expect gratuitous donuts following our race!!!!! ( I still have tyres to wear out! )

All the best

Rob.

turn 4 mad
15th September 2007, 23:08
Well done rob, it was worth it just to hear the cheer from the crowd when we pushed the car out. Gasman Andy.

JDPower
16th September 2007, 00:37
...and made it on track with literally seconds to spare for the 2nd race.
Second race, I thought there was one race saturday, one sunday???

EarWig
16th September 2007, 06:34
Thanks JD, my apologies, my error, old age and tiredness setting in after a long day :)

It was of course the first race

Regards
Ray

JDPower
16th September 2007, 11:07
Thanks JD, my apologies, my error, old age and tiredness setting in after a long day :)

It was of course the first race
Phew, thought I'd missed two races by not going yesterday!!!

english4ever
16th September 2007, 21:01
We all had a tap on the shoulder by the 12 dude in park ferme after qualifying and he said Robs car may be fixable can you help? Stupid question!! We was all straight in there , Jon, Henry, Squirty, Duane, Me Other Neil, Nick and a whole load others there to Colin White and John Steward gave us advice on how to set about it. We nicked an old bumper from our unit and a very broken but fixable back end and set about welding it in place while the others were getting fuel tank ready and back bumper and wing. everything was bolted in and rob fired it up and we all pushed it out for the race!!!! To hear other teams and the crowd go mad was awesome!! And Rob finished both races good job everyone that helped!!!

Tractor

racing59
16th September 2007, 22:24
You all are top banana's!!!

The VERY best.

I am proud to have raced in the Mac Tools V8 Trophy this year.

Winning the Rookie Championship was a team(s) effort, and I could not have done it without the help from just about every team in the pitlane. Including some very good friends in the Pickups!

The job is done. Thank YOU all.

Rob Compton Racing with Team Air Ambulance will be back in 2008 and..........

darknessrock
16th September 2007, 22:38
Hey Rob, to many YOU are the very best,, Including my son, who after sitting in your car decided you must be a very brave man... coz the doors don't open!! well done champ, and see you next year. :)

Nick Brad
18th September 2007, 16:14
I'm proud to be a part of the team, sadly I wasn't able to help out much apart from knocking out rivets and slapping tape on before having to run off to spot for the pickups, but a fantastic job was done by all to get that car out. Henry's ears were probably bleeding from me constantly asking if the car was going to make the grid, (sorry mate,) I didn't want everyone's effort to be repaid by missing out on the race by a lap or two. :p

Henry Cutts
18th September 2007, 17:02
I'm proud to be a part of the team, sadly I wasn't able to help out much apart from knocking out rivets and slapping tape on before having to run off to spot for the pickups, but a fantastic job was done by all to get that car out. Henry's ears were probably bleeding from me constantly asking if the car was going to make the grid, (sorry mate,) I didn't want everyone's effort to be repaid by missing out on the race by a lap or two. :p

The last few minutes were a bit hectic everyone busy finishing the car getting Rob strapped in and having you asking how long we were going to be! It was an interesting day as crew chief!