PDA

View Full Version : Wsb 2008

NinjaMaster
15th September 2007, 14:34
News of next years WSB is just starting to come to fruition now with a few signings like Fabrizio and Kiyo coming through. Also Kawasaki have released a couple of images of the 2008 ZX10R that will be their Superbike weapon.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/091107top.jpg
I love it and hope it goes as good as it looks. It would be great to see them as a contender again.
Also, there are some rumoured photos of the new Honda Fireblade.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/706/newmodel04lt5.jpg
:laugh: That is possibly the worst looking sportsbike I've ever seen if it is genuine. They woiuld probably win lots of races though as their riders would be keen to get off the racethrack as soon as possible due to embarassment of the 'Blade!

The Phantom
15th September 2007, 17:14
The 'Blade pics appeared online when Honda announced the release of a number of new and updated models for 2008, but were hastily pulled within an hour. The text of the model information completely omitted any mention of a new Fireblade, so someone screwed up. Look for it to be 'officially' released at some stage, but let's hope they restyle it first :)

Love the Kawasaki!

ChrisS
15th September 2007, 17:41
its obvious the designers of the new fireblade drew their inspiration from the RC212V (engine exposed, rear) and somehow managed to turn the CBR1000RR from one of the best looking bikes to one of the ugliest.

even if the pics appeared accidentally I hope Honda sees people's reaction to them and restyle the bike.

Kawasaki looks nice, both bikes now have side exhausts, shame, I liked underseat exhausts.

Mach24
17th September 2007, 11:59
Seems Carlos Checa has secured what will be the 3rd and final position at Ten Kate WSB.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154532.htm

NinjaMaster
17th September 2007, 14:04
Seems Carlos Checa has secured what will be the 3rd and final position at Ten Kate WSB.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~154532.htm
Really uninspired signing that. I would rather see him bring money to DFX and help make them more competitive and see Barros return with Klaffi if the old men of MotoGP are to join WSB rather than taking the plumb factory rides. At least that would bolster the depth of the series.
I am really hoping for a changing of the guard over the next few years, similar to what MotoGP has witnessed in the past couple of seasons. The likes of Bayliss, Corser, Haga, Kagayama, Xaus and Laconi will likely be gone over the next 1-3 seasons and I would hate to see them replaced by MotoGP has-beens.

Mach24
17th September 2007, 22:56
Andrew Pitt has also signed with Ten Kate and is yet to confirm if he will ride WSS or WSB.

It is a two year deal with a performance clause after one year.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/september/sep17-23/sep1707worldsuperbikesandrewpitttsignstenkatehonda/

ArmchairBikeFan
18th September 2007, 14:08
I think Checa's a decent signing because Ten Kate will be developing a brand new bike. No point sticking inexperienced kids on it and shouting at them when they can't find a setup.

Mach24
18th September 2007, 23:02
I think Checa's a decent signing because Ten Kate will be developing a brand new bike. No point sticking inexperienced kids on it and shouting at them when they can't find a setup.

I like the way you think except for one thing, Checa has a 15 year history in GP and the odd race here nor there on Superbike.

May as well have thrown Neil Hodgson at the bike, at the least he has local knowledge.

WSB need to be careful they do not become GP's dumping ground.

The Phantom
19th September 2007, 04:51
WSB need to be careful they do not become GP's dumping ground.

You mean they're not??? LOL

I don't mind Charly joining WSB. I remember reading that he tries to take his modified R1 to each round and in downtime gets it out on the track for a fang. Respect :) He might prove to be pretty handy on a Superbike...

ArmchairBikeFan
19th September 2007, 09:07
Another rumour I've heard is that Honda want somebody who's quick and experienced to win the Suzuka 8 hours next year. They think Checa's their man, so they'd like him to have loads of experience on a Superbike before then. Should do better than Toseland when he turned it into the "Suzuka 6 minute". :)

Wim_Impreza
19th September 2007, 09:46
I hope Checa can move to the WSB, because he has shown some speed in the last GP's. On a private Honda, he did a better performance then as example Capirossi and Edwards on their factory bikes. He has so much experience and I think he can do a good job by Honda in the WSB next year.

NinjaMaster
20th September 2007, 14:04
Chubby Checa had more than enough opportunities on Factory GP bikes and never made full use of them. Ten Kate would have been far better to sign Andrew Pitt (who has had a distinct lack of opportunity) to their superbike and promoted a young rider to their supersport program alongside Charpentier in my opinion. But good luck to Carlos, he always seems to land on his feet doesn't he?

tha_jackal
21st September 2007, 07:43
I wonder why? :) Its all that talent *cough* sponsors *cough* and pure dedication to being a world champion *cough* money *cough* :D

For what its worth, I agree with you Clint, although Pitt is riding for Ten Kate WSS next year if thats any consolation.. I think he'll be champion, then move to WSBK the year after to finish some business with the likes of Yamaha WSBK and Mr Corser ;)

ChrisS
21st September 2007, 17:12
Pedercini will drop Ducati for 2008 and use 07 factory Kawasaki ZX-10Rs, they will also help PSG-1 with development of the bike. IMHO with Kawasaki increasing its involvement next season they are trying to get more bikes out there to speed up development.

Interesting sidenote, Pedercini are running a 1098s at superstock this season so they know the bike, does this mean they think that 1000cc 4s will be better than private entered 1098s?

they don't say how many bikes they will run next season and there is no mention of Dean Ellison

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=5&id=154701

Mach24
22nd September 2007, 00:45
I do not believe Pedercini have made a decision based on the 4 being better than the twin.

I believe Kawasaki need/want a partner and Pedercini were going to struggle with little/no factory support from Ducati.

Perhaps this gives Pedercini a life line in WSB with some factory support.

Its great to see Kawasaki stepping up.

ChrisS
23rd September 2007, 13:48
Crazy Rumor of the Day: BMW Plans To Field Alex Hofmann In 2008 World Superbike Series

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30342

tha_jackal
23rd September 2007, 14:05
Maybe thats why he called it quits (not literally) during the race for D'Antin, has he allready signed a deal?

ChrisS
23rd September 2007, 18:02
MV Agusta in SBK may not happen though.

In an interview a few weeks ago Foggy explains how he is willing to honor the SBK paddock with his presence yet no-one is willing to give him the money to do it. And that despite wasting Petronas' money for 4 seasons with very little results

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegraph.co.uk/display.var.1667897.0..php

seriously though I don't think MV Agusta will be in SBK next season. Apparently the sale of Husqvarna to BMW didn't help as much as expected and resources are now focused on production.

leopard
24th September 2007, 05:44
The rest is fine, I just don't too much agree on the shape of the muffler of that Kawasaki exhaust system. I have hot coffee container looking similar with it :D

ChrisS
24th September 2007, 19:41
PSG-1 confirmed that Nieto wont be riding for them next season.

3rd Alstare Suzuki then?

ArmchairBikeFan
24th September 2007, 20:41
I've actually read somewhere or other that King Kenny Roberts is a serious possibility to run the MV Agustas. MotoGP has kicked him right in the teeth with the change to 800's, and World Supers would welcome Team Roberts with open arms. I hope MV Agusta join the series somehow. It'll mean attracting loads of sponsorship so I'm not holding my breath.

The Phantom
25th September 2007, 00:58
Rossi to WSB with MV Agusta, managed by King Kenny with JB as crew chief! ;)

Now that would be fun...

NinjaMaster
7th October 2007, 09:46
Here are the latest on next years lineups as I read 'em:

WSB
DUCATI
Xerox Ducati: Troy Bayliss, Michel Fabrizio
Sterilgarda Ducati: Ruben Xaus
Ducati RG: Lorenzo Lanzi
GSE Ducati: Leon Haslam, Niccolo Canepa

HONDA
Ten Kate Honda: Kenan Sofuoglu, Carlos Chuca, Ryuichi Kiyonari
Alto Evolution Honda: Karl Muggeridge, Yoann Tiberio
Althea Honda: Roberto Rolfo

YAMAHA
Yamaha Italia: Noriyuki Haga, Troy Corser
GMT 94: Seb Gimbert, Anthony Gobert - nah just kidding (dreaming), David Checa
Yamaha YZF: Shinichi Nakatomi, Shaky Byrne

SUZUKI
Alstare Suzuki: Max Biaggi, Yukio Kagayama, Max Neukirchner, Fonsi Nieto
Celani Suzuki: Steve Martin

KAWASAKI
PSG-1 Corse Kawasaki: Regis Laconi, Gregorio Lavilla or Alex Barros
Pedercini Kawasaki: ?,?

MV AGUSTA
Luca Scassa to race the three Italian rounds. KR has said he isn't running a MV WSB team unless they come to him.

WSS
HONDA
Ten Kate Honda: Andrew Pitt, Jonathon Rea
Althea Honda: Seb Charpentier, Gianluca Nannelli
Stiggy Honda: Robin Harms, Josh Brookes

YAMAHA
Yamaha Deutchland: Broc Parkes, Fabien Foret

SUZUKI
Hoegee Suzuki: Barry Veneman, Vesa Kallio

KAWASAKI
Gil Kawasaki: Katsuaki Fujiwara, Gianluca Vizziello and/or Mark Aitchison

TRIUMPH
SC Caracchi: Mauro Sanchini, Craig Jones
BE1: Ivan Clementi, ?

Some interesting lineups there. WSB looks to be increasing in depth and whilst I'd like Lavilla to get a factory Kwak because he is from Superbike, I think Barros would be more competitive. More Kwaks and Zooks can only be good for the series that is a bit thin on machinery at the moment. That list would make a grid of around 27 starters which is much better than the current 20ish.
I really hope that 2008 really sees the return of the classic tight WSS racing of it's early days as I'm sick of the Ten Kate benefit it has become. More help to Gil Kawasaki, a new Zook (hopefully with more backing from the factory) and a strong Yamaha lineup on a new R6 will hopefully make the Ten Kate boys have to work hard for the title next year. Also, hopefully Trumpy's foray into WSS will be as successful as the 675 has been on the streets.

Corny
7th October 2007, 15:35
2008 WSBK champion: Troy Bayliss :p

jonny hurlock
7th October 2007, 15:56
Here are the latest on next years lineups as I read 'em:

WSB
DUCATI
Xerox Ducati: Troy Bayliss, Michel Fabrizio
Sterilgarda Ducati: Ruben Xaus
Ducati RG: Lorenzo Lanzi
GSE Ducati: Leon Haslam, Niccolo Canepa

HONDA
Ten Kate Honda: Kenan Sofuoglu, Carlos Chuca, Ryuichi Kiyonari
Alto Evolution Honda: Karl Muggeridge, Yoann Tiberio
Althea Honda: Roberto Rolfo

YAMAHA
Yamaha Italia: Noriyuki Haga, Troy Corser
GMT 94: Seb Gimbert, Anthony Gobert - nah just kidding (dreaming), David Checa
Yamaha YZF: Shinichi Nakatomi, Shaky Byrne

SUZUKI
Alstare Suzuki: Max Biaggi, Yukio Kagayama, Max Neukirchner, Fonsi Nieto
Celani Suzuki: Steve Martin

KAWASAKI
PSG-1 Corse Kawasaki: Regis Laconi, Gregorio Lavilla or Alex Barros

Return of GSE Ducati that will be good, would it be the same deal year old works ducati? also, Shane 'Shaky' Byrne in SBK, IMO he will stay in BSB next year of a good shot of the title.

2008 WSBK champion: Troy Bayliss :p

don't count out Haga, Corser, Kiyonari, or Biaggi

The Phantom
8th October 2007, 03:57
don't count out Haga, Corser, Kiyonari, or Biaggi

I think Bayliss, Kiyo and Biaggi will be the strongest, but Sofuoglo on the TenKate CBR1000RR is sure to be a force.

Yamaha became very strong during 2007, before that they were not quite as fast as the other top teams. I just wonder whether they'll slip again for 2008.

ChrisS
8th October 2007, 14:11
Ten Kate confirmed its 5 riders line-up in SBK and SS as mentioned in NinjaMaster 's post

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~5~id~155589~pid~1.htm

motorsportfan
13th October 2007, 18:17
If the mechanics spent a little less time in the Hospitality tent laughing and joking and more time in the garage doing what they are paid to do then perhaps the bikes wouldnt break down all the time. No wonder Neucherchner walked out last year and look what he did last week....podium
Anyone riding their bikes next year....I pity them

patnicholls
17th October 2007, 23:35
According to worldsbk.com the Italian Guandalini squad will be running a 1200 Ducati in WSB next year for Jakub Smrz. Good stuff!

jonny hurlock
18th October 2007, 10:21
don't count on max being in superbikes next season his quit suzuki

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/156057-0/biaggi_leaves_suzuki.html

tha_jackal
18th October 2007, 10:25
Well if he's not in superbikes, then he'll be unemployed..

ChrisS
18th October 2007, 11:15
who will ride for Alstare now? Kagayama is confirmed, where does this leave Nieto and Neukirchner? Nieto to Alstare with some Spanish sponsorship, Max to continue with year old bikes?

neninja
18th October 2007, 12:08
Shame Max is looking like he'll be without a ride. He definitely brought some extra spice to WSB this year.

Too good a rider to be sitting out another season

leopard
22nd October 2007, 05:28
If Max confirmed to leave, then Suzuki Yoshimura of AMA I think the mainstay of Suzuki from any categories of racing they participate in.

patnicholls
22nd October 2007, 23:13
Provisional calendar out today on worldwbk.com:

February 23 - Qatar - Doha/Losail
March 2 - Australia - Phillip Island
April 6 - Spain - Valencia*
April 27 - Netherlands - Assen*
May 11 - Italy - Monza*
June 1 - United States - Salt Lake City
June 15 - Tba - Tba
June 29 - San Marino - Misano*
July 20 - Czech Rep. - Brno*
August 3 - Great Britain - Brands Hatch*
August 24 - Tba Tba
September 7 - Great Britain - Donington Park*
September 28 - Italy - Vallelunga
October 5 - France - Magny Cours*
October 26 - Portugal - Portimao*

*with Superstock FIM Cup

-----------------

That's 15 events, from this year's events Silverstone and Lausitzring are missing. Salt Lake City (Miller Motorsports Park) and the Portugese round are new, and there are two TBAs.

ChrisS
23rd October 2007, 02:01
any info/track map about Portimao? all I could find is news from about a year ago that they plan an f1 level circuit

I would like it if one of the tbas was Japan or some place elsewhere in Asia, that would help make the championship a real world championship

NinjaMaster
23rd October 2007, 10:10
Every year they have a couple of TBA's so expect it to remain a 13 round championship. I reckon they need to spread the Donington and Brands rounds further apart. I would suggest sending Brands to last as I reckon it would be a sensational finale to the season in front of a packed crowd.

ChrisS
23rd October 2007, 17:15
Ayrton Badovini moves from superstock 1000 to ride for Kawasaki PSG-1 though he may end up riding for Team Pedercini.

Silver
23rd October 2007, 23:37
I'd like to thank whoever makes these decisions for moving the Silverstone round to Donington Park - and I say that with Silverstone only being 30 minutes away from me... I hate the place.

Anyway, in reference to the post further up about GSE etc. Rumours are abound that they're still negotiating the use of the 1098 Ducati in British Superbikes and that will be their first choice since their sponsors are evidentally not interested in the world stage. Oh, and Leon Haslam is rumoured to be signing for HM Plant Honda in BSB any day...

NinjaMaster
24th October 2007, 09:57
Ayrton Badovini moves from superstock 1000 to ride for Kawasaki PSG-1 though he may end up riding for Team Pedercini.
As a Kwak fan, I am stoked to see team green go for a talented, fast young bloke rather than another recycled veteran in the twilight of his career. I'm looking forward to the next few years seeing a pregression of these young riders coming through from STK1000 to the WSS and WSB fields and giving the establishment a good shake up.

Mach24
24th October 2007, 12:58
I hope this comes off!

I can see Greg Lavilla in at No 2 to the Emperor.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/156379-0/biaggi_to_gse.html

vivaldi
26th October 2007, 18:50
Not on a BMW but on a Aprilia!!

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/foto-spia-aprilia-v4-a-cheste/big_aprilia_v4_cheste_1.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/foto-spia-aprilia-v4-a-cheste/big_aprilia_v4_cheste_2.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/foto-spia-aprilia-v4-a-cheste/big_aprilia_v4_cheste_3.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/foto-spia-aprilia-v4-a-cheste/big_aprilia_v4_cheste_4.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/foto-spia-aprilia-v4-a-cheste/big_aprilia_v4_cheste_5.jpg

The Hoff : Home alone in Valencia

I dont know of he has contact to BMW but Aprilia is wonderful , too

tha_jackal
27th October 2007, 13:01
That cant be real can it!?!?!

Mach24
28th October 2007, 10:03
Kenan on the hunt for a sponsor, talking up his chances and trash talking MotoGP.(Of cause it could be as simple as the language barrier)

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=125174

The Phantom
29th October 2007, 14:35
'He noted that he won eight out of the 13 races in the championship, becoming the rider with the highest number of wins at the same championship. “I raced the last leg of the World Supersport Motorbike Championship at France’s Magny-Cours racecourse. I became the rider with the highest number of wins in a single season in the world."

'Same championship' may refer to WSS? I think Charpentier may have won more than 8 races in a single season?

Plenty of other riders have - Doohan, Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo come to mind.

ChrisS
30th October 2007, 16:07
'He noted that he won eight out of the 13 races in the championship, becoming the rider with the highest number of wins at the same championship. “I raced the last leg of the World Supersport Motorbike Championship at France’s Magny-Cours racecourse. I became the rider with the highest number of wins in a single season in the world."

'Same championship' may refer to WSS? I think Charpentier may have won more than 8 races in a single season?

Plenty of other riders have - Doohan, Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo come to mind.

yes he is talking about WSS and no Charpentier did not win 8 races in a season he won 6 races both times. Muggeridge however won 7 races from a 10 races season in 04

ChrisS
30th October 2007, 16:17
worldsbk.com reports that Team Hannspree Honda Althea Confirmed Gianluca Nannelli for WSS. Craig Jones is expected to ride alongside Nannelli with an official announcement expected shortly.

they also say that the team has lined up just one rider, Roberto Rolfo, for the World Superbike Championship.

http://www.worldsbk.com/dnews.php?newsid=2021&lang=eng

Hannspree Honda Althea? isnt Althea a sponsor? :confused: also is Rolfo confirmed? I couldn't find it anywhere

ChrisS
31st October 2007, 02:20
Biaggi signs for Sterilgarda Ducati

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Oct/071030a.htm

Biaggi vs Bayliss on the same bike, this is going to be good :D

The Phantom
1st November 2007, 01:41
Well no-one saw that coming! Hopefully the Sterilgarda is reliable - it certainly is fast - and maybe it's a stepping stone back to MotoGP with Ducati in 2009?

tha_jackal
1st November 2007, 09:26
Biaggi will never be in MotoGP, ever again...

Mach24
1st November 2007, 09:33
Biaggi signs for Sterilgarda Ducati

Is there any factory support behind Sterilgarda? If not Biaggi is going to be severely handicapped.

leopard
1st November 2007, 10:23
good for whom?

Seeing constant performance of Xaus it's likely a factory supported team.

ArmchairBikeFan
1st November 2007, 16:23
Is there any factory support behind Sterilgarda? If not Biaggi is going to be severely handicapped.

There's no way Biaggi would have signed if it wasn't a full factory spec bike, given his love for equal equipment.

ChrisS
1st November 2007, 19:23

Xaus was riding a factory supported year-old 999 this season, they will probably have factory supported 1098s next season though probably not exactly the same as the factory bikes.

An interesting article by Dennis Noyes published before Biaggi's signing became official, he says its possible that Sterilgarda could also have Xerox sponsorship

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/worldsuperbike/moto/41274/?page=1

Mach24
2nd November 2007, 11:47
There's no way Biaggi would have signed if it wasn't a full factory spec bike, given his love for equal equipment.

Of cause unless he had NO other options!

ArmchairBikeFan
3rd November 2007, 20:38
Of cause unless he had NO other options!

Hmmm. Sitting in one of his many mansions counting his millions of dollars would probably be an option. :)

leopard
5th November 2007, 07:12
Yeah he is not like mostly of us, the worse option is still better than NO. :)

tha_jackal
11th November 2007, 12:36
WSS: Aitchison and Clementi Line Up for Triumph Italia BE1 Racing

Triumph Italia BE1 Racing have secured the services of Mark Aitchison, one of the most promising young riders on the international scene, for the 2008 World Supersport season. Aitchison was runner up in the 2006 Australian Supersport Championship before moving to Superstock in 2007, where he finished fifth.

Mark will compete alongside expert Ivan Clementi, who returns to World Supersport after a season riding the Triumph Italia BE1 Daytona 675 in the Italian championship, finishing with a second place in the final race of the season.

tha_jackal
12th November 2007, 08:03
from racergp:-

"A telephone call received a few minutes ago with his Salvatore Giorlandino, team manager of Team Honda Althea in Superbike and Supersport, I confirmed the final formation of his team in the World Supersport.

Alongside Gianluca Nannelli will be the English Tommy Hill and not Craig Jones as a first time seemed, Hill other young pilot from BSB who played with the Yamaha R1 Team Virgin Yamaha UK and some appearances in the World Supersport Yamaha Germany, run in stable plant in World Supersport with the formation Roman looks one of the most aggressive.

The agreement reached a few minutes ago at Rome where Salvatore Giorlandino met with the English pilot, obviously happy the agreement, Giorlandino now as he himself confirmed to me over the phone start is now preparing the team for the first tests in order to be ready for what probably will be one of the issues most competitive of the World Supersport."

Wonder what that means for Craig Jones? Stobart Honda?

ArmchairBikeFan
12th November 2007, 09:52
The rumours are that Jones is with a different Honda team in WSS, with more HRC backing.

tha_jackal
12th November 2007, 09:54
Yer im thinking Paul Bird's new WSBK effort, i.e Stobart Honda ;) Also, Althea will have a fair amount of backing from HRC, theyre going to be sponsored by Hanspree (same as Ten Kate) ...

works-meister
12th November 2007, 17:07
Yer im thinking Paul Bird's new WSBK effort, i.e Stobart Honda ;) Also, Althea will have a fair amount of backing from HRC, theyre going to be sponsored by Hanspree (same as Ten Kate) ...

I have just read that the legendary Chris Stalker Walker has signed for GIL Kawasaki Team for 2008.....

Can you imagine Hill, Jones & Walker all scrapping it out in the axe murderer class??? It's going to be awesome :eek:

ChrisS
12th November 2007, 18:02
I have just read that the legendary Chris Stalker Walker has signed for GIL Kawasaki Team for 2008.....

Can you imagine Hill, Jones & Walker all scrapping it out in the axe murderer class??? It's going to be awesome :eek:

Johnny Rea too

ChrisS
19th December 2007, 11:56
The FIM released an update of the 2008 provisional Superbike calendar.

The 2 tba rounds are now Nürburgring (Germany) on June 15, and Sentul
(Indonesia) on October 12.

February 23 Qatar Doha/Losail
March 2 Australia Phillip Island
April 6 Spain Valencia
April 27 Netherlands Assen
May 11 Italy Monza**
June 1 United States Salt Lake City*
June15 Germany Nurburgring
June 29 San Marino Misano
July 20 Czech Republic Brno
August 3 Great Britain Brands Hatch
September 7 Europe Donington Park
September 21 Italy Vallelunga
October 5 France Magny-Cours
October 12 Indonesia Sentul**
November 2 Portugal Portimão

Mach24
19th December 2007, 22:25
I hear Tamada San had is first ride on the 08' PSG-1 Kawasaki.

There is lots of talk of extra power and confidence from the Factory supported squad.

Lets not forget, talk is cheap!

ChrisS
19th December 2007, 22:45
about the calendar, rather than Indonesia they should have a round at Japan. all 4 Japanese manufacturers have increased their involvement since 2004 when the championship left Japan. There are at least 4 Japanese riders all 4 riding factory bikes for different manufacturers. I think a Japanese round is a must especially if they could get Suzuka now that it has also lost F1.

patnicholls
19th December 2007, 22:50
Agreed that they should have a Japanese round again, but I'm rather looking forward to seeing Sentul.

In fact, the calendar on the whole is looking rather interesting with the two new venues and also an event at the Nurburgring, which will probably work rather better for bikes than it does for cars.

leopard
26th December 2007, 04:46
The calendar looks fine.

leopard
27th December 2007, 03:06
Probably the judgment is not where the bikes were originally produced in to determine the country was supposed to hold a round of races, but how good potency of a country has to absorb their product.

Although new manufacturers from either of China, Korea, or India has intensified to muscle in on Indonesia, the fanaticism over Japanese bike seems difficult to alter.

Currently the three of four manufacturers of japanese bikes hold an almost equal marketshare in Indonesia the most aggressive of which was Yamaha that has demand more than their annual capacity. They have said an apology to those whose order they cannot fulfill in 2007 and promised to increase their capacity for 2008.

just a piece of food for thought.

Roby44
27th December 2007, 07:20
Go Roby!!! ;) ;) ;)

Rolfo that is in case some of you don't know!! :p :

leopard
27th December 2007, 08:06
Honestly I thought that the 44 tells us about age. ;)

Roby44
27th December 2007, 10:38
Honestly I thought that the 44 tells us about age. ;)

long long ago!!! ;)

leopard
28th December 2007, 03:44
long long ago!!! ;)
I was wrong again, thought it's just one or two years ago ;)

Roby44
28th December 2007, 09:38
I was wrong again, thought it's just one or two years ago ;)

How I wish!! :p :p :p

fireblade1000
28th December 2007, 23:58
Looking like a good schedule for 2008 with a number of additions to the calendar.

Had a look at some of the tracks but couldn't find anything on Portugal Portimão. Is this a new track or an old track waiting to be redeveloped?
Any one know where i might find anything, tried looking on http://www.etracksonline.co.uk which usually has info on most tracks but couldn't anything.

ChrisS
30th December 2007, 10:26
brand new track in fact contraction is set to finish in October 2008 just a month before the sbk round. It's proper name is "Autódromo Internacional do Algarve". Its Website is under construction and I couldn't find a track map anywhere

NinjaMaster
30th December 2007, 10:39
Sounds like a dicey arrangement to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this one fall over and be dropped from the schedule til 09.

axxexs
5th January 2008, 01:34
Hannspree Stiggy Motorsport.

http://www.stiggy.com

tha_jackal
5th January 2008, 05:17
Hannspree Stiggy Motorsport.

http://www.stiggy.com

Freaking exciting for Brookesy and a real coup for Johan to gain that kind of backing :up: .. Hanspree must have a whole lot of moolah, sponsoring the entire WSBK championship and many teams too, are they made of money? hope they can deal with all the added commitment..

ChrisS
5th January 2008, 19:24
Freaking exciting for Brookesy and a real coup for Johan to gain that kind of backing :up: .. Hanspree must have a whole lot of moolah, sponsoring the entire WSBK championship and many teams too, are they made of money? hope they can deal with all the added commitment..

The gains for Hannspree must be huge to up their involvement so much. They now sponsor the championship 5 Ten Kate bikes, 3 Althea bikes and 2 Stiggy bikes (unless I'm mistaken. Did they leave Ten Kate to sponsor the other teams?)

This could offer an interesting inside in motorcycle sponsorship. last year they backed Honda in MotoGP, SBK/SS and MX. I dont know about MX but I bet the cost of the minor Gresini sponsorship was about the same as title sponsorship for the Ten Kate team. Though much less popular it could be that value for money is better in SBK than MotoGP

Mach24
5th January 2008, 21:43
The gains for Hannspree must be huge to up their involvement so much. They now sponsor the championship 5 Ten Kate bikes, 3 Althea bikes and 2 Stiggy bikes (unless I'm mistaken. Did they leave Ten Kate to sponsor the other teams?)

This could offer an interesting inside in motorcycle sponsorship. last year they backed Honda in MotoGP, SBK/SS and MX. I dont know about MX but I bet the cost of the minor Gresini sponsorship was about the same as title sponsorship for the Ten Kate team. Though much less popular it could be that value for money is better in SBK than MotoGP

WSBK is on the rise again, I am sure companies can get in at 'the right' price in a growing spectacle.

Hannspree have made the decision and I hope many more do also.

WSBK has been and will become more of a threat to MotoGP assuming the current trend continues.

patnicholls
11th February 2008, 20:17
Just bumping this thread back up as the season approaches (in ten days!), with this article off Pitpass about the Portimao circuit which, all being well, we'll be concluding the season with in November:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33890

Corny
11th February 2008, 20:39
wasn't there a WSBK test today, with Lanzi on top? Though I saw that on Eurosport text today

axxexs
11th February 2008, 21:45

Hannspree do have one sponsor deal with FG Sport and one with Honda Europe. So the money the different "Hannspree teams" get is from Honda Europe's sponsor deal.

axxexs
11th February 2008, 21:52
wasn't there a WSBK test today, with Lanzi on top? Though I saw that on Eurosport text today

Yes. There is a testing in Qatar 10-13 feb.

Day 2 times.

1. Lanzi (Ducati) 1.59.4
2. Xaus (Ducati) 1.59,5
3. Lavilla (Honda) 1.59,5
4. Biaggi (Ducati) 2.00,0
5. Muggeridge (Honda) 2.01,0
6. Laconi (Kawasaki) 2.01,2
7. Tamada (Kawasaki) 2.01,4
8. Holland (Honda) 2.01,6
9. Badovini (Kawasaki) 2.01,8
10 Iannuzzo (Kawasaki) 2.01,9

Stiggy Motorsport was in Cartagena and did some testing together with the German SBK-team alpha Technik. Robbin did a big highsider the last day and do have a very blue backside now.

Roby44
12th February 2008, 10:09
Anyone going to the Supers at The Island??

This will be my first year at Supers and I am really looking forward to it. The trip down will be boring as I am flying down alone and meeting friends there.

Can't wait..

I have long dark hair and will be in a Roby Tshirt most days!! Say Hello if you see me!!
:p
Say Hello~~

Go Roby!!! ;)

NinjaMaster
13th February 2008, 07:11
Anyone going to the Supers at The Island??

This will be my first year at Supers and I am really looking forward to it. The trip down will be boring as I am flying down alone and meeting friends there.

Can't wait..

I have long dark hair and will be in a Roby Tshirt most days!! Say Hello if you see me!!
:p
Say Hello~~

Go Roby!!! ;)
Wearing a Roby t-shirt would certainly make you distinctive! What is your name if I do see you there or should I just say "g'day Roby44"?! :)
I will be there as always, have already organised the Friday off to head down. Usually hang out at Doohan corner (turn 1) or MG. Would like to view from Siberia for a change but will see how I go. Keep an eye out for a Green 2006 ZX6R with underseat Devil mufflers and a 6 foot skinny guy riding it. That will be me! :D
I really can't wait. I am expecting a real tough tussle in Superbike between Ducati (Bayliss, Biaggi and maybe Fabrizio) and Yamaha (Corser and Haga) but I really reckon Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki will be fighting for the scraps.
Supersport looks to be a very open affair with Yamaha looking as strong as Honda this year. Kawasaki have greater involvement so will hopefully improve but I am particularly looking forward to seeing how Triumph perform.

Hurry up already, it's been too long!!!

maxu05
14th February 2008, 09:41
Great to see Bayliss back on top. Corser and Haga not far behind though. It looks like being an exciting year for the Supers.

vivaldi
18th February 2008, 18:42
This are pictures from the 2008 BMW SBK test is Cartagena/Spain!
Test drivers are Jürgen Fuchs and Thomas Hinterreiter:

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/bmw_superbike_01.jpg
http://www.visordown.com/news/images/bmwsuperbike-4x3.jpg

Roby44
19th February 2008, 10:19
Wearing a Roby t-shirt would certainly make you distinctive! What is your name if I do see you there or should I just say "g'day Roby44"?! :)
I will be there as always, have already organised the Friday off to head down. Usually hang out at Doohan corner (turn 1) or MG. Would like to view from Siberia for a change but will see how I go. Keep an eye out for a Green 2006 ZX6R with underseat Devil mufflers and a 6 foot skinny guy riding it. That will be me! :D
I really can't wait. I am expecting a real tough tussle in Superbike between Ducati (Bayliss, Biaggi and maybe Fabrizio) and Yamaha (Corser and Haga) but I really reckon Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki will be fighting for the scraps.
Supersport looks to be a very open affair with Yamaha looking as strong as Honda this year. Kawasaki have greater involvement so will hopefully improve but I am particularly looking forward to seeing how Triumph perform.

Hurry up already, it's been too long!!!

I'm leaving here, Brisbane, on an early flight Thursday and after spending some time in Melbourne will be heading down that afternoon. Should be at local by 8pm!!

I usually hang about at MG or Siberia. Although I don't mind Lukey Heights either!

Don't forget Roby will be in there too!! :)

Oh I'll answer to Roby!! ;)

Roby44
19th February 2008, 10:21
Great to see Bayliss back on top. Corser and Haga not far behind though. It looks like being an exciting year for the Supers.

My word!! Roby is going to give 'em all heaps!! :)

Laugh now, I know you are all laughing!!, But One Day he'll be right up there!!

Then I'm going to be saying..I told you so!!! :p

pats750
19th February 2008, 23:05
have a look on the new livery of TEAM SUZUKI ALSTARE for their three riders set up
http://www.superbikeplanet.com
A funny and very special outfit full of bubbles , energy for everyone as the season will be very attractive with 28 minimum rider's line up at the start.

pats750
19th February 2008, 23:10
Have a look on
http://www.superbikeplanet.com

for all three riders
YUKIO KAGAYAMA
FONIS NIETO
MAX NEUKIRCHNER

tell me your opinion.....
you like it
you think you can like it
you need to see it on tv before giving opinion

patnicholls
19th February 2008, 23:32
New Suzuki livery - mmmmm. Not sure yet!

It looks pretty bright and busy, which is good.

Possibly a bit cluttered - quite a mix of the old blue/yellow with the new red/white sponsor going on there, but I'll wait and see how it looks on TV.

Would have been good to have three different liveries if that was allowed - Dark Dog for Max, Pepephone.com for Fonsi and a classic factory livery for Yukio.

Not sure how to rate Suzuki ahead of the season, I think they could still be front-runners on occasion.

maxu05
20th February 2008, 03:49
That livery is way too busy for my liking. It looks awful IMO.

leopard
20th February 2008, 05:04
Combination of yellow dark dog and pepephone make the bike looks too busy, but it give a fun look, it's a reminder to the twist livery of Yamaha Fiat 500 Assen, creative work.

The underage drinking and drunk driving/riding could be an issue that have seriously prohibited Corona to appear on the bike. I expect they still want to run another yellow edition of Gracias extra once racing in a country without strict prohibition on beer product, (like Sentul ;) )

tha_jackal
20th February 2008, 07:38
That livery really is woeful, pathetic.. I cannot believe someone got paid for it..

NinjaMaster
20th February 2008, 07:42
Looks rubbish, like a backmarker privateer trying to cram on as many sponsors as possible. Separate liveries would have been more preferable.

I'm not really rating the Zook squad very highly at the moment. I really only see Nieto, Neukirchner and Kagayama as infrequent podium chances with best championship finishes likely around 6th to 10th.

patnicholls
20th February 2008, 13:13
As you may or may not know, 'pats750' is Patricia Batta, wife of Francis Batta, so the feedback will be heard on this occasion!

She ran a competition three years ago to win the team merchandise, which I won (I was a regular member on here at the time as opposed to Mod). I might wear the shirt tomorrow actually!

The Phantom
20th February 2008, 14:19
Cool, hi Patricia.

I looked earlier and elected to wait until I saw it on tv - but the concept looks ok to me.

I certainly am not ready to write Yukio off just yet... but I do think the Ducati and Yamaha teams are likely to be strongest.

maxu05
21st February 2008, 03:46
[quote="The Phantom"]Cool, hi Patricia.

I looked earlier and elected to wait until I saw it on tv - but the concept looks ok to me.

Oh Murry, you really do know how to kiss butts :p : :laugh:

tha_jackal
21st February 2008, 07:08
Anyone have any idea how to get access to live timing via the new SBK site?

Wouldn't mind checking out Superpole or even some practice sessions..

tha_jackal
21st February 2008, 08:56
Nieto tops the sheets in SBK FP! Fantasy league looking good :D :D Touch wood..

21st February 2008, 09:01
I just had a look at the site. One of the little boxes under the bigger main screen thing is "SBK FP1 is underway" There's a "play" icon so select that which then brings up a "play" icon on the bigger screen and it takes you to the live timing screen. At present it is showing some results. I guess the live timing will be on tomorrow for the Superpole etc, the times of which are listed. Hope that is of some help.

The Phantom
21st February 2008, 09:06
Oh Murry, you really do know how to kiss butts :p : :laugh:

Damn, busted again! :D

21st February 2008, 09:19
Or just select Live Timing which seems to have appeared now on left of screen.??

NinjaMaster
26th February 2008, 11:43
A couple of 09 hopefuls have been recently unveiled.

KTM RC8
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/KTM/2008_KTM_RC8_1190_031.jpg

Aprilia RSV4
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Aprilia/Aprilia_RSV4_07-2.jpg

And to think WSB was nearly dead a couple of years ago.

vivaldi
14th March 2008, 18:44
Julian Masuecos can get a BMW contract for 2008/2009!

neninja
18th March 2008, 11:12
That Aprilia is awesome. I can't find it right now but there's a clip of one running at the press launch. WOW - makes the hair on your neck stand up

maxu05
18th March 2008, 22:00
If KTM, Aprilia get a bike on the grid it would be awesome. I would hope that Triumph step it up and run with the big boys soon as well.

vivaldi
19th March 2008, 17:16
A new pic of the BMW superbike !

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.ch/images_msa/1422_6.jpg

:D

patnicholls
31st March 2008, 23:35
A nice article by Randy Mamola about getting a go on some of the bikes at Valencia during preseason testing:

http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/news_ext.php?id=2149

Very interesting too that he did low 38's on Roby Rolfo's bike after just six laps - Roby did a low 36 at the test and the outright pace was Ruben Xaus with a mid 34 which was a quali tyre run and new lap record. Randy's not slow despite his age!

maxu05
1st April 2008, 00:14
Great article Pat. Randy is one of, if not the greatest rider not to win the title IMO. He also sounds very down to earth in his letter. I would love to get hold of the new magazine when it is released. I wonder how much a subscription would cost, from here in China.

Roby44
1st April 2008, 09:46
A nice article by Randy Mamola about getting a go on some of the bikes at Valencia during preseason testing:

http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/news_ext.php?id=2149

Very interesting too that he did low 38's on Roby Rolfo's bike after just six laps - Roby did a low 36 at the test and the outright pace was Ruben Xaus with a mid 34 which was a quali tyre run and new lap record. Randy's not slow despite his age!

Some one mention My Roby!!! ;)

veeten
19th April 2008, 19:37
but, as the Buell 1125R has shown recently in France...

http://www.fsbk.fr/pdf/chronos/080330_lemans_course1_toptwin.pdf

and at Hockenheim...

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/03/27/buell-1125r-takes-2nd-and-5th-in-first-race/

it is quite an introduction to international racing circles, considering that both efforts were run fresh from the factory wthout support, and with minor tweaks by the teams themselves.

Once they are up to production numbers to qualify, don't be suprised if the 1125R's are a constant pain for the top teams & manufacturers competing against them. ;)