PDA

View Full Version : have we expected too much from the scsa v8 trophy

car20
13th September 2007, 20:49
after some carful thinking and soul searching of my(our beloved series)
this post is too ask have we in the past 5/6 years come too expect a little to much?

Why! I have looked on the websites and in the Motorsport news, short curcuit and autosport looking for some thing that will not happen for a while at least A SERIES THAT DOES WHAT IS SAYS ON THE TIN.

we seem to go tumbling from one season to another.

so have we come too expect to much too soon ? are we expecting our infant series too run before it can walk?

I BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE COME TOO EXPECT TOO MUCH,

I have expectations as we all do, this post is not a dig, there are a hell of alot of post's that do that already but to look and take a step back from what we expect of the v8 trophy and everytime we turn up at the rock for our monthly dose of v8 action, by the empty seats that suround me in turn4 every meeting other's ecpections are far more that is reality.

have we as fans come too expect out of nowhere a grid of 20+ cars a managment that knows what it is doing , a television deal woth thousands, live transissions on prime time sunday , a full house of 50,000 fans.

remember rome wasn't built in a day, but as we have found out from the msa red card, time is something the series don't have in oval racing, and fans as you can see are fickle!

MGH
13th September 2007, 21:09
To put bums on seats it has to be something spectacular, how about letting 60 National Bangers loose on the full oval?
After all, this is pretty much how NASCAR started.

racing59
13th September 2007, 21:51
The trouble with this sort of series, in fact any major championship, is that it needs sponsors. Sponsors require exposure. Exposure requires spectators. Spectators require something to watch. Something to watch (cars) need sponsors, sponsors .......

This weekend we will have more cars. We also have people in the wings who are waiting on next year's dates, and changes to the championship before committing to join/re-join the series.

Me, well I'm working on deals to bring another car to the grid, and maybe, just maybe, if things go my way, another one on top of that!! No promises, as motorsport is a funny (mind bending, demoralising) business.

So, if Duncan's work to bring one, if not two, more cars to the grid for 2008, plus the hope that Steve Hobday returns, Malcolm Klien may return (if we change tyres to Cross-Plys), plus other new people looking to join - from Pickups, and elsewhere.

Add it all up. We make 18 easy.

The next few weeks are going to be critical as the decisions for 2008 are made.

Keep the faith people!

Rob.

Nick Brad
14th September 2007, 11:22
I know of drivers in the pickups who would love to switch, but they all have the same stumbling block and that is the non refundable entry fees. If we can do something about that, then expect a couple more cars to be racing.

Please give lots of support to Pete Wilkinson this weekend as he's going to be making a massive effort for the series by driving both pickups and V8 trophy which includes non stop driving and vehicle switching from 9am tomorrow so I want to hear the cheers for him drown out the ones for KJW this weekend. :D

Abo
14th September 2007, 15:07
Please give lots of support to Pete Wilkinson this weekend as he's going to be making a massive effort for the series by driving both pickups and V8 trophy which includes non stop driving and vehicle switching from 9am tomorrow

Wonder if we can get catheterised on Saturday...

Chigley
14th September 2007, 15:35
You as well Neill?

Abo
14th September 2007, 15:49
Yes, unless people below don't mind a bit of 'rain' from the grandstand :eek: