PDA

View Full Version : Rd 10 - V8 Supercars - Sandown Enduro Details

Peter Vuko
13th September 2007, 11:00
Back to Aussie land for the Sandown Enduro. Here are the details for Qualifying:

QUALIFYING DETAILS:
*Free Set Up for everything except TYRES:
*Sloma, Vuko Snr & Jnr, BobZee & J.B." MUST USE 100% HARD TYRES!!!"
*All other entries have "Free Tyre" Choice.
*Qualifying must be done in TIME TRIAL MODE
*ALL TIMES must be posted on CODIES HALL of FAME.
*Qualifying ENDS TUESDAY EVENING 8pm .
*Details of Enduro will go up Tuesday evening.

GENTLEMEN: START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 13:12
Had a quick test and I was over a second faster than I was last year on default settings. The most difficult thing about this track is negotiating the rumble strips. Some parts of this track remind me of Snetterton.

Peter Vuko
13th September 2007, 21:38
The Supercheap Commodore of Vuko Snr took to the track today & posted an impressive start. In his first session he was able to better his last year's qualifying time & was just outside last years pole time by Muz - and this was on 100% hard tyres - just shows how much we have improved!
*Last Years Top 3 Q/T: 1.Muz..53.39 2. Vuko Snr..53.76 3.Homer..53.84

2007 QUALIFYING SANDOWN:
1.Vuko Snr...53.51s

Brown, Jon Brow
15th September 2007, 16:30
1.Brown.......53.44
2.Vuko Snr...53.51s

Adam Sloma
15th September 2007, 20:34
1.Brown.......53.44s
2.Vuko Snr...53.51s
3.Sloma.......53.80s (unofficial)

I hate this track. Maybe tomorrow will be better.....

Neil Adams
15th September 2007, 21:31
1.Brown.......53.44s
2.Vuko Snr...53.51s
4.Neil..........54.56s

thought id give this a go as i havent done one of these in a while, not sure if i'll do the race

tannat
15th September 2007, 23:20
[quote="Neil Adams"]
1.Brown.......53.44s
2.Vuko Snr...53.51s
4.Neil..........54.56s
5.Tannat.......58.31

Only a 3 lp session as our kids woke from their naps. Would be happy with a 55.xx

Brown, Jon Brow
15th September 2007, 23:29
Jon Brown will feature St.Andrews cross on his car this weekend in memory of rallying legend Colin Mcrae who is to believed to have been killed in a helicopter accident on Saturday evening. :(

RobZee
15th September 2007, 23:49
1. BobZee....53.19
2.Brown.......53.44s
3.Vuko Snr...53.51s
4.Sloma.......53.80s (unofficial)
5.Neil..........54.56s
6.Tannat.......58.31

Still a bit of work left, I think. High 52's are a possibility

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 00:30
53.71!

man this is close...and I know I can get at least another 10th or 2... hope I get more time to make another run!

1. BobZee....53.19
2.Brown.......53.44s
3.Vuko Snr...53.51s
4.J.Shell......53.71
5.Sloma.......53.80s (unofficial)
6.Neil..........54.56s
7.Tannat.......58.31

tannat
17th September 2007, 04:33
Just a random thought, PV, but is there the possibility of having a wet race at one of the upcoming venues?

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 14:12
wow. last year's race here took 45 freakin' minutes! talk about seperating the men from the boys!

hey -Real Illusions - can you link that cool new archives page to the main page or something? the only way I know how to get to it is from the link you posted in another thread.

real_illusions
17th September 2007, 14:22
hey -Real Illusions - can you link that cool new archives page to the main page or something? the only way I know how to get to it is from the link you posted in another thread.

oh yes..thought there was something i forgotten to do!

johnny shell
17th September 2007, 14:39
muchos gracias senor

looked up last year's race - it was 45 laps with the AI at 110%, default settings, and no restart after the third lap!!!!!! whew

I wasn't in the series yet. don't know what Vuko has in mind for this year but that sure looks like on heck of race last year! wowsa......

Peter Vuko
17th September 2007, 23:14
Qualifying ends tonight guys at 8pm Aussie time. BobZee holding firm at the moment. I will have one more session tonight along with Vuko Jnr - there may be some last minute movement!!

dcr22B
18th September 2007, 09:09
Peter,

I have a time saved at home but didn't get around to posting it on the web, I think it was a high 54/low 55 so if you're handicapping this event, base it on that and I'll post the actual time this evening when I return from work.

Peter Vuko
18th September 2007, 12:05
FINAL QUALIFYING RESULTS - SANDOWN:

1. BobZee......53.19s.....5pts
2. Vuko Snr....53.26s.....4pts
3. Brown........53.44s.....3pts
4. J.Shell........53.71s......2pts
5. Vuko Jnr....54.22s.......1pt
6. Tannat......58.31s
7. Sloma........53.80s (unofficial)
8. N.Adams.....54.56s(unofficial)

Well done to BobZee for taking pole. Very close times - this will be an interesting enduro. Race details will follow shortly!!

Peter Vuko
18th September 2007, 12:24
Here are the details for the big enduro:
RACE DETAILS:
*LENGTH: 35 laps
*A.I: 110% Custom
*Corner Cutting & Dangerous driving OFF
*TYRES: BobZee, Vuko Snr & Jnr, J.Brown & Sloma must use 100% HARDS-
Free choice of tyres for all other competitors.
*FREE SET UP for ALL other things.
*PITS: Set to MANDATORY - one pit stop compulsory. What you take on( fuel or tyres or neither) is up to you.
GRID POSITIONS: *BobZee, Vuko Jnr/Snr,J.Brown & Sloma start at BACK.
*J.Shell & N.Adams start in MIDDLE of grid.
*Tannat starts at the FRONT of the grid.
TIMES: Due next Tuesday 25th Sept. by Midnight

CHEERS everyone - this will be TOUGH!!!!!!!

johnny shell
18th September 2007, 12:34
looks like a great event. way to keep the series interesting :up:

dcr22B
18th September 2007, 12:40
Peter, where do I start?

real_illusions
18th September 2007, 14:54
where do i start?

Haven't had a chance to turn a single wheel at this circuit this year yet..so..could be interesting..

:)

tannat
18th September 2007, 15:14
GRID POSITIONS:*Tannat starts at the FRONT of the grid.

And the series' 'poster child' sangs another pole :laugh:

I apologize, guys. My daughter has been sleeping horribly at night, and I can't escape to the X Box.

But she gives me plenty of kisses and hugs to make up for it :D

johnny shell
18th September 2007, 18:46
eeee gads

can you imagine tannat on a poster? or a bill board or something?

chivers

how lucky your daughter gets to ride along in the races with you.

when I used to race at the local short track, once I won on a rare night when my son was there. the races were usually not over 'till 11 or 12 so, at 2 years old, he wasn't often there.

but I won one night he was & got to get a victory lane photo with him. (note to old-worlders: victory lane is where we drive the car to for a huge party instead of standing on some podium)

but anyway letting the young one ride along on my chest would be even better :)

tannat
18th September 2007, 19:37
eeee gads

can you imagine tannat on a poster? or a bill board or something?

chivers

how lucky your daughter gets to ride along in the races with you.

when I used to race at the local short track, once I won on a rare night when my son was there. the races were usually not over 'till 11 or 12 so, at 2 years old, he wasn't often there.

but I won one night he was & got to get a victory lane photo with him. (note to old-worlders: victory lane is where we drive the car to for a huge party instead of standing on some podium)

but anyway letting the young one ride along on my chest would be even better :)

That's a pretty cool experience, JS. Great you could share it with the little guy :up:

dcr22B
18th September 2007, 22:53
My qualifying time was a 54.95s so I'm assuming a mid grid start but I'll wait for Peter to confirm in the morning.

Peter Vuko
19th September 2007, 11:06
real_illusions start at the FRONT of the grid.
dcr22B start in the MIDDLE of the grid.

dcr22B
20th September 2007, 19:33
Completed my race as I'll be in Paris for the rest of the week (work not pleasure unfortunately).

This has been my favourite V8 race in the 2 years I've competed in the championship. Nailbiting stuff and a big gamble on tyres which backfired when I got put off the track and had to pit for minor repairs after lap 15, had intended 18 laps in 1st stint but they held out for me near the end when I set my fastest lap on L33.

Went straight to Bathurst to test and set my fastest ever Falcon lap on default settings, bring on the next round!

johnny shell
21st September 2007, 21:57
ugh. I forgot about the 110% AI rule.

sure am glad I checked the rules before heading home for the weekend!

Peter Vuko
24th September 2007, 07:15
Because I'm so busy at the moment I'm giving everyone an EXTENSION until THURSDAY evening for the Sandown Enduro. I just have not had the time. I will probably try to get in the race tomorrow night.

Peter Vuko
24th September 2007, 07:22
Because I'm so busy at the moment I'm giving everyone an EXTENSION until THURSDAY evening for the Sandown Enduro. I just have not had the time. I will probably try to get in the race tomorrow night.

real_illusions
24th September 2007, 10:50
thats ok Peter, gives me time to get the race done..24+ hours of work over the weekend isn't a good idea if you like sleep ;)

johnny shell
24th September 2007, 14:05
ran my races over the weekend.

wowsa. let's just say it took a lot of practice to be able to work my way up through the field. started practice around midnight saturday maybe & got done at like 2:30. whew!

I was happy with my race though, ran consistant laps in the 55s. haven't bothered to look at last year's time to see how that compares, but it was all I had.

it was fun racing the AI. I didn't take the lead of the race until the end laps.

tannat
26th September 2007, 17:11
Just finished our race. Was knocked off the track twice in the closing laps on the back straight. Believe our car will be ready for the crusher...

johnny shell
26th September 2007, 21:14
cool. so you'll have a fresh new car to send to the crusher after the next round at Bathurst!

tannat
27th September 2007, 03:45
cool. so you'll have a fresh new car to send to the crusher after the next round at Bathurst!

:laugh:

Peter Vuko
27th September 2007, 07:29
This enduro was sure a challenge on 110% A.I.!! They were very quick down that straight! Starting from the back was murder! Trying to get through the field was very tough - so I had to gamble on a strategy - make an early pit stop to give me a fairly traffic free run. I came in at the end of the 4th lap. That meant I had to make the 100% Hards last 31 laps. The tyres just lasted - very orange - but still enough grip at the the finish to post 55's. This will be a close race! Times are due in TONIGHT! I've received times from:BobZee, dcr22B, tannat, Shell & real_illusions. Haven't heard from J.B or Sloma?? Vuko Jnr had to pull out of the enduro because of other committments.

Peter Vuko
28th September 2007, 09:00
THE SANDOWN ENDURO:
Seven drivers turned up for the Sandown Enduro - 35 laps of gruelling 110%A.I was going to make this a very challenging event.
THE RACE..........
Tannat made a flying start from the front of the grid but was swamped on the first corner by both dcr22B,real_illusions & Johnny Shell. The backmarkers Vuko Snr, BobZee & J.B got very much tangled up in traffic & were going to find it tough to get through. At the end of lap 4 Vuko Snr caused some drama when he pitted early - to get some free track - the big question being could he do 31 laps on the hards??
dcr22B took the lead for the first 15 laps with Shell very close behind. BobZee also pitted early at the end of lap 8 - maybe following Vuko's strategy! real_illusions' race came to an early end at the end of lap 4 when his car refused to go any further. J.B took up the lead on lap 19 with the field now starting to settle. The big movers being Vuko Snr & BobZee who were doing consistent high 54's & BobZee posting the fastest lap of the race, a 54.40!!
With 5 laps to go Vuko Snr had taken the lead from BobZee - the early pit stops looking like succeeding but dcr22B was screaming home - on the 33rd lap clocking the equal fastest lap of 54.40. J.B & Shell were having a ding dong battle for 4th & 5th spots - J.B right on the tail of Shell for 10 laps, but he just could not get past the very large Ford!! On the last lap Vuko Snr held only a half second lead. dcr22B made one last effort on the last corner & down the straight the two V8's hit the line together!!!!! Behind these two BobZee, J.B & Shell came to the last set of corners three abreast...... BobZee managing to push J.B into Shell & the 3 drag raced up to the finish line together!!!! What a race!! After 35 laps less than 10 sec separated the top 5 cars!!! U.S driver tannat managed to bring home his car in 6th with real_illusions a DNF. This is how they crossed the line...................
1.Vuko Snr......33m.02.62........30pts
2.dcr22B.........33m.02.99........26pts
3.BobZee........33m.08.73........24pts
4.J.Brown........33m.10.86........22ps
5.J.Shell..........33m.12.19........20pts
6.tannat.........35m.13.91........18pts
7.real_ill............D.N.F..............0pts
F/Ls: 1)BobZee/dcr22B...54.40s...2)J.Brown...54.63s..3)Vuko Snr...54.77s

What a sensational finish guys!!! dcr22B very unlucky. Vuko's risky strategy working. Bathurst should be incredible!!!!! I'm hoping that we may get more entries for the biggest enduro in the world - come on all you old drivers have a go at Bathurst - its a major title to hold for the rest of the year. I'll be posting more on this event later on. The current series standings will go up later.

Peter Vuko
28th September 2007, 09:19
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/vuko_bucket/WRCNZ002.jpg Vuko Snr receiving the the winners trophy for the Sandown Enduro.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th September 2007, 10:48
Might have got a podium if Shell hadn't held me up :mad:

Peter Vuko
28th September 2007, 11:16
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/vuko_bucket/v8s.jpg This is just to show dcr22B my official time!!... as you can see Vuko Snr has found "photo bucket." We use this on the WRC forum I'm involved in to authenticate times - not a bad idea!! The picture in the other thread is from my drive at Eastern Ck last year for my 50th birthday - notice that the car for the picture was a Ford!!!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
28th September 2007, 12:00
This is just to show dcr22B my official time!!... as you can see Vuko Snr has found "photo bucket." We use this on the WRC forum I'm involved in to authenticate times - not a bad idea!! The picture in the other thread is from my drive at Eastern Ck last year for my 50th birthday - notice that the car for the picture was a Ford!!!!!!

It's a good idea but it doesn't prove how many laps has been raced ;)

Have you anything special planned for Bathurst?

Peter Vuko
28th September 2007, 13:43
V8 STANDINGS AFTER Rd 10:
1.Vuko Snr....305
2.BobZee......252
3.J.Brown......234
4.Vuko Jnr.....222
5.dcr22B.......180
6.J.Shell........159
7.A.Sloma......139
8.real_ill........106
9.tannat........100
10.Spackman...28

J.B has leap frogged Vuko Jnr into 3rd & Shell has overtaken Sloma. Still a great battle for 2nd spot! Can tannat overhaul real_illusions??

tannat
28th September 2007, 17:15
Not really proud of our finishing time, but we had a few offs, not to mention the aformentioned collisions in the waning laps..

Just happy to get our lap times in the 56s

dcr22B
30th September 2007, 19:57
Ah darn it, to miss out on an enduro win by fractions of a second.

Congrats Peter and in my early testing in Bathurst, I will be hoping to make it 2 podiums in the enduros.

hollydog954
30th September 2007, 22:15
hi guys, this looks like a bit of fun. if you have room, where do i sign up.

Peter Vuko
30th September 2007, 23:07
Hi hollydog954, just keep your eyes peeled for the next Rd details - the big one - Bathurst!! These will go up this Thursday for Qualifying. Post your team name & car in this thread & if possible give me your best lap time for Sandown which was the last Rd, so that I can get an idea of where you are placed in terms of handicapping. Hope you join!

johnny shell
1st October 2007, 03:35
well, fresh back from getting married! be here fomr a few days before heading off to Jamaica to honeymoon :D

glad to see a top 5. can't believe that the top 5 were seperated by only 10 seconds afer 33 minutes of racing!

I mean, sure, I wish I was further up the top 5 but at the start of the season my goal was just to get competitive in these cars & have fun & even without the handicaps I've achieved that.

plus, as a consolation prize there's always this to make me feel better:

Might have got a podium if Shell hadn't held me up :mad:

just kidding JB! I did my best to stay out of the leaders' way. sorry if I heald you up. had you been as fast as the top 3 you could have just worked your way around me through the turns - with that low downforce set up I was running slip streaming me ont he straight was just too tough I guess!

thanks for a super even peter!!!!