PDA

View Full Version : Cold, lonely office

janneppi
13th September 2007, 09:55
Normally I work in an hip, energetic mediasexy office in a technical university drinking latte's,making fusion reactors and chatting up supermodels as they go to their basic thermodynamics studies. :erm:
which actually is quite nice.
Today however I'm stuck in a remote office connected to a college of some sort, right next to paper mills, No one else in my room, temperature is barely 20C and quite frankly the girls aren't that pretty either.
Come on Thursday, is this the worst you can offer!

Woodeye
13th September 2007, 11:19
Nope, that's not the worst Thursday can offer. I can easily beat that.

I'm sitting in our office, trying desperately do my normal tasks, but since I have terrible hangover after last nite's Finland-Poland game, that's not too easy really. One of the first things this thursday offered was one on one meeting with my new boss. In the agenda there was discussion about by new contract. That was nice.

And it gets even better since I have job interview in the afternoon. Which is nice. Only minor problem is the hangover and the fact that I look like a corpse.

Do I get five quid? :s anta:

gm99
13th September 2007, 13:58
Woodeye, did you stop by at the Lanoinen Lohi after the game last night? :D

Anyways, I feel for you and hope your interview went well!

A.F.F.
13th September 2007, 14:27
Isn't that the same franchise than Kastarannan Kiiski :D

Woodeye
13th September 2007, 15:52
Infact, yes we did stop in Janoinen Lohi. :D But only to find that it was full. Unfortunately the next place wasn't.

Vastarannan Kiiski, Janoinen Lohi, Hilpeä Hauki etc. That's one big happy family! http://www.delifox.fi/kalaravintolat/index.php

And I think that with the impression that I gave few minutes ago in the interview I won't be changing my job anytime soon. :p

janneppi
13th September 2007, 15:54
It's always bad idea to vomit on the shirt of your prospective boss, eh ;)

Woodeye
13th September 2007, 18:16
It's always bad idea to vomit on the shirt of your prospective boss, eh ;)

Apparently it is. The guy didn't even appreciate my efforts to target the vomit to his chest pocket.

What a strange man.