PDA

View Full Version : History of the TRD off-line championships

johnny shell
12th September 2007, 14:17
who started these off-line championships? how long ago? I came along when I got TRD3 but I know that a lot of you did it with TRD2 also, right?

are any of the 'originals' still here?

tannat
12th September 2007, 16:01
who started these off-line championships? how long ago? I came along when I got TRD3 but I know that a lot of you did it with TRD2 also, right?

are any of the 'originals' still here?

I'v been postin in the Sims area for over two years. At that time there was a TRD1 V8s in progress ( in which I was at least competitive with PV :D ), TRD2 DTM by racer69, TOCA2 BTCC by cossie. Peter Vuko conducted a fab enduro for TRD2 V8s at Bathhurst, but I don't recall there ever being a TRD2 V8s.

Last year there was the GTs in TRD3 with which you are quite familiar...

Brown, Jon Brow
12th September 2007, 16:04
I think that I made my debut at the same round as Johnny Shell (DTM Eurospeedway)

Hope they continue with TRD4

johnny shell
12th September 2007, 16:49
I've read some stuff about TRD4 on the codies site - sounds they're going in a different direction with it, but we'll see.

they're dropping the toca for starters, so it's just RD1. there's more urban racing on city streets too.

ahhh yes... the DTM round at Eurospeedway last year. you finished 2nd JB and I was 30 seconds back in 9th.

And it actually took me a while to work up to that - I started last year in the GT's and didn't get fast enough to even compete in the DTM cars until Eurospeedway.

I actually won the very first race I ever entered, a GT Cup race. It would be many many moons before I would see victory lane again!

johnny shell
12th September 2007, 18:07
during me lunch break I flipped back through the archives for a bit, just for fun. well, except it wasn't really fun. it was more out of total boredom :)

but anyway it looks there were a few one-off races here & there, but then Paddy put together the first toca1 championship back in Jan '05 or so. it was loosly based on similiar rally championship ran here.

Pawprint
12th September 2007, 18:26
Me and others do offline racing on some other sites, we did a Summer Season BTCC on TRD1, and have done WRC3 on another sit, and WRC Evolved as well. But im new to this site :)

tannat
12th September 2007, 19:17
Me and others do offline racing on some other sites, we did a Summer Season BTCC on TRD1, and have done WRC3 on another sit, and WRC Evolved as well. But im new to this site :)

We had a pretty dcent TRD1 BTCC that finished in April or May.

Sorry you weren't around, Pawprint..

Pawprint
12th September 2007, 23:12
Ah shame. I was second on ours, although we had few competitors. What were your top cars?

tannat
12th September 2007, 23:14
Ah shame. I was second on ours, although we had few competitors. What were your top cars?

I think the Alfa was top choice with the Vauxhall a very close second (if not tie for first)

real_illusions
12th September 2007, 23:45
I have the dtm and v8 archives on the trd3racing website.

I haven't got the btcc archives though..

Would you want me to add them onto the site? If so..if anyone has the original files then pm me, and you can email me them over and i can add it onto the site. For everyone to see, in one place, nice and easy.

i remember joining on toca 2..did 2 or 3 seasons i think..before the trd series came out.

:)

tannat
12th September 2007, 23:52
I haven't got the btcc archives though..

Would you want me to add them onto the site? If so..if anyone has the original files then pm me, and you can email me them over and i can add it onto the site. For everyone to see, in one place, nice and easy.

I'd have to cut/paste from forum posts :(

Sorry, but no thanks..

real_illusions
13th September 2007, 00:07
if i get time..then i'll trundle thru the posts and see what i can do.

jso1985
13th September 2007, 00:15
. there's more urban racing on city streets too.

what a big sh**!, if I'd want arcade crap racing a la Fast & Furious, I'd buy Need For Speed :mark:

racer69
13th September 2007, 08:48
Here is a link to a post with all the first TRD1 BTCC season results.
http://archive.motorsportforums.com/vb2/showthread.php?threadid=106814&highlight=TRD1+BTCC

The following season's will just have to be gone through with the posts.

One season was started then aborted, then another one came along, followed by another one earlier this year :)

real_illusions
13th September 2007, 16:05
http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/archives.php

:D

Thats all i can find at the moment...

tannat
13th September 2007, 19:52
http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/archives.php

:D

Thats all i can find at the moment...

You go the important one:

http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/trd1btcc2006.php

The one that I won!!!

Need to compare my times with Peter Vuko from this past spring's edition...