PDA

View Full Version : Ken Blocks jump

Stalks
12th September 2007, 05:03
Heard today that Ken was attempting another rally car jump on the past weekend - this time in New Zealand. Reports are that the car landed heavily and is a real mess, Ken been to hospital for a check up but is generally OK.
Hope to find out more soon.

L5->R5/CR
15th September 2007, 04:03
Heard today that Ken was attempting another rally car jump on the past weekend - this time in New Zealand. Reports are that the car landed heavily and is a real mess, Ken been to hospital for a check up but is generally OK.
Hope to find out more soon.

Ken posted on a US site.

He was filming with the snowboarders his company sponsors for three days and on the final day over jumped a jump and needed to have some medical attention for his back. He says he is fine and is ready to rock and hopefully not roll (his team mate at the next round in the championship in 2005: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Js_BYaU80w).

SubaruNorway
25th October 2007, 18:13
Pictures of the snow jump, you know what the previous jump is actualy the most viewed "Rally video" on youtube hehe

http://www.apartment107.com/article.php?id=1835

Fleur
31st October 2007, 03:30
Block then successfully jumped his car over 70 feet, with the snowboarders jumping beside him, creating epic photo sequences, one of which is featured on the cover of Snowboarder Magazine.

"All in all I'm really stoked on how well it went," said Ken. "In all the experiences I've ever had, it truly was one of the most fun things I've ever done."

Define successful??? The car was a wreak!
It did, however, make for some awesome photos! Hope he keeps doing this kinda stuff, so the rest of us can keep saying "WOW"

L5->R5/CR
31st October 2007, 05:40
Block then successfully jumped his car over 70 feet, with the snowboarders jumping beside him, creating epic photo sequences, one of which is featured on the cover of Snowboarder Magazine.

"All in all I'm really stoked on how well it went," said Ken. "In all the experiences I've ever had, it truly was one of the most fun things I've ever done."

Define successful??? The car was a wreak!
It did, however, make for some awesome photos! Hope he keeps doing this kinda stuff, so the rest of us can keep saying "WOW"

He did jump it many times before it was totally destroyed....

Cool to look at but doesn't make a lot of sense to me.......

SubaruNorway
31st October 2007, 20:41
having fun doesn't always have to make a lot of sense :D

flatOVERcrest
31st October 2007, 21:09
He did jump it many times before it was totally destroyed....

Kevin, that car raced successfully at Nelson two weeks later..It wasn't totally destroyed.

Cool to look at but doesn't make a lot of sense to me.......

Tell you a secret..as long as your sponsors are happy, everything makes sense in motorsport.. ;)

L5->R5/CR
31st October 2007, 22:52
Kevin, that car raced successfully at Nelson two weeks later..It wasn't totally destroyed.

The Stunt Junkies car wasn't totally destroyed either, doesn't mean it was fit enough to want to race with it, hyperbole in this case was not the best choice! Hearing that Ken landed hard enough to need his back and neck checked by doctors one would think that the frame would have deformed noticably. A couple of the landings in the videos on the internet look like the | parts were going to end up ( or ) parts

I am just glad Ken is ok (and the STPR shunt didn't leave you worse for the ware).

Tell you a secret..as long as your sponsors are happy, everything makes sense in motorsport.. ;)

YEP, but why not do it in a one off car? Looks the same, but would fly better and land more gently? Of course as long as the bills are paid who cares... I just hope Ken doesn't end up hurting himself when more specialized equipment would have been better.

It was nice getting a chance to chat at Rally CO (tough break at LSPR but congrats on the wins here and the NZ success).