PDA

View Full Version : Ain't double-headers brilllllliant!!?

Dave B
11th September 2007, 16:10
I love the fact that the dust has barely settled in Monza and yet we're already looking forward to Spa :D

Sure it's bloody hard work for the teams, but personally I'd like to see more double-headers in the calendar, rather than having to wait weeks on end for the next race.

In the BTCC we've got a 6-week gap until the deciding round :eek:

Put me in charge and you'd have 20 races a year, made up of 10 double-headers with a week's gap in between each - maybe a single 2 week gap so they can get their breath back halfway through.

Sleeper
11th September 2007, 16:18
This time no, I dont like it as I'm off to a music festivel this weekend and so will miss the GP, which is bloody anoying as its Spa.

Flat.tyres
11th September 2007, 16:25
I know what you mean Dave. We have hardly finished the battles over what happened in the last GP before we have to start them all again.

markabilly
11th September 2007, 16:25
I love the fact that the dust has barely settled in Monza and yet we're already looking forward to Spa :D

Sure it's bloody hard work for the teams, but personally I'd like to see more double-headers in the calendar, rather than having to wait weeks on end for the next race.

Put me in charge and you'd have 20 races a year, made up of 10 double-headers with a week's gap in between each - maybe a single 2 week gap so they can get their breath back halfway through.

Personally I always prefferred the old world superbike format----but add different circuits to keep it at one week per race for 20 different circuits at one week gaps...

TWO DOUBLE headers on the same day

One hour like at Monza is not enough

Do it like the World Superbike races---always more fun than motogp anyway......

I would say eliminate all pit stops as well to shorten the races slightly..but that would eliminate passing.....oh well....

Bagwan
11th September 2007, 16:28
I'm with you , Dave . It's great .

And this time , we have the added bonus of not even knowing how many cars will line up .

Yes , the off-track action will be fierce on Thursday .
I hear Nascar's France family will be sending reps , so they can get first crack at anyone who is banned .

markabilly
11th September 2007, 16:31
and make the second race a reverse order but for only those who finish the first race

Allyc85
11th September 2007, 17:40
I like it cos il be at Spa myself, wahoo!!

Kevincal
11th September 2007, 23:26
2 weeks in a row is great. I really hate those 3-4 week breaks... :/

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 06:56

Agree :up: And Spa is the best race of the year and I always look forward to it even if my driver/team are not doing well. It is just such an awesome track.

Dave to replace Mad Max and increase calendar races to 20+. Dave for President, Dave for President :D

millencolin
12th September 2007, 07:42
as someone waiting for 6 weeks between champcar races... thank god F1 has a decent schedule! Monza is done, then its SPA TIME.... and after that im GOING to Fuji!!!!

Gotta love f1 atm!

pino
12th September 2007, 07:46
Dave to replace Mad Max and increase calendar races to 20+. Dave for President, Dave for President :D

I agree :up: :D

Mark
12th September 2007, 07:50
Am I the only one who liked the regularity of a race every 2 weeks, no 1 week gaps, no 3 week gaps, every 2 weeks!

janneppi
12th September 2007, 07:55
If there is a race every other week, people here have too much time on their hands and they bring up the same old moaning about how Schumacher cheated by driving over Ron Dennis's copier resulting in re-incarnation of Senna who was just as bad as ever.

Let's race every other day i say. :D

ioan
12th September 2007, 07:57
Am I the only one who liked the regularity of a race every 2 weeks, no 1 week gaps, no 3 week gaps, every 2 weeks!

No you are not. 2 weeks gaps make life easier for me , I get one week end off to do something different!

leopard
12th September 2007, 07:58
Let's race every other day i say. :D
twice a week preferably ;)

555-04Q2
12th September 2007, 11:24

I also like the 2 week gap, but every now and then it is nice to have a "double header", especially when I have nothing else planned for the weekend :)

ShiftingGears
12th September 2007, 11:53
Double headers are good, especially when its at Spa :p : F1 should race at more tracks like Spa.

MAX_THRUST
12th September 2007, 12:36
I'll be busy plastering, but I'll make time for quali and the race......two great tracks on two weekends. Love Monza, and get very excited over Spa.....

Eau Rouge baby......

stevie_gerrard
13th September 2007, 00:17
Great Double Header in the making, and the fact that it's Spa and it's back means it's the race i've been looking forward to all season :D

veeten
13th September 2007, 12:50
When looking at the majority of the schedule, the European races, as was shown with the North American dates, are in places that can be scheduled as back-to-back weekends due to their proximity to each other. Add in a two-week break between the back-to-back races, for assessments, maintenance and rest time, and it works really well.

The only part that will remain the same way as before is the Asian/Far East races, as many of these are in countries that air transport is the only option to get the teams there, as well as to the other races between them.

just an idea, make of it what you will. :)