PDA

View Full Version : # 55 Pickup Out At Motorfest

Pickup55
11th September 2007, 14:02
A very sad sight indeed. I really felt for Tony last weekend.

I felt sorry for myself Hicksy

The engine was brand new and is now scrap - when I removed the sump guard lots of bits fell on the floor

However, in true Pickup style I have been helped out and will be able to make Motorfest

Sonny has pulled a few strings and I have been loaned a new engine from another driver just for Rockingham

Thanks to everyone concerned and also for other crew members that have been helping out when I have been crewless, and Wilky for putting the motor in last night (he might even set it up for me !!)

I need to keep the truck in one piece with Nick spotting and so won't be setting any records,(not that I usually do) but hopefully can help the others in putting on a good show

Tony

hicksy
11th September 2007, 14:08
Excellent news Tony. I will try and get some good (happy) pictures for you. Cant really help mechanically so its the least I can offer.

Rob

deadsquirrel
11th September 2007, 14:42
I need to keep the truck in one piece with Nick spotting and so won't be setting any records,(not that I usually do) but hopefully can help the others in putting on a good show

Tony
:up:

Hopefully, we'll give you one of these :up: at the beginning of the races and not see you again (in the nicest way of course). :)

briggs'mechanic
11th September 2007, 14:45
Good news Tony see at the weekend if you need any help again give me a shout.

hicksy
11th September 2007, 15:15
Sean, Have you fixed Dave's truck yet.

briggs'mechanic
11th September 2007, 15:20
Nope not yet engine back on thursday so install will be thursday night be leaving at 5 on friday so should be at Rock by 8/830.

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 18:29
I did get your message Tony and yes I shall be spotting for you, but I've run out of cred so couldn't reply, lol. :laugh:

racing59
11th September 2007, 19:01
Is that run out of Street Cred?

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 19:30
Is that run out of Street Cred?

Cheeky so and so, what's wrong with my Merc, it's from when Mercedes still knew how to build cars, not cheap poorly build crud they throw out these days. ;)

racing59
11th September 2007, 19:36
Did I mention your Mercedes Benz executive saloon car? I do hope you've de-badged it, and fitted an AMG badge (as purchased from eBay).

Like all of those M3's - with single wheelbarrow handle tail pipes, and 1.8 engines.

fastbob
11th September 2007, 19:37
Cheeky so and so, what's wrong with my Merc, it's from when Mercedes still knew how to build cars, not cheap poorly build crud they throw out these days. ;)

Oi!!!!!

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 19:45
I most certainly haven't added any ebay AMG Badges, the bonnet stars enough for me thank you.

I take it you've got a new mercedes than Bob. My condolences. :p :laugh:

Abo
11th September 2007, 21:12
Good to see you back out Tony, it's not the same without you going round.

JDPower
12th September 2007, 05:23
What, it's THAT old?!?! :p : Can't say I've seen any spotters with flying goggles and leather cap but I'll keep an eye out next time :D :D :D

Nick Brad
12th September 2007, 08:46
What, it's THAT old?!?! :p : Can't say I've seen any spotters with flying goggles and leather cap but I'll keep an eye out next time :D :D :D

You know what, if I had them or could get hold of them in time, I'd wear them this weekend, just for you. ;)

deadsquirrel
12th September 2007, 10:46
I take it you've got a new mercedes than Bob. My condolences. :p :laugh:
Let's just hope he remembers to put some oil in this one then! ;)

motorman
12th September 2007, 18:05
if deadsquirrel can do better he should offer to help tony

tambow21
12th September 2007, 23:15
hi tony thomas here from cheerios gd to c you get back out for motorfest. if u need any help am sure me and the boys will be more than happy to help.

deadsquirrel
13th September 2007, 07:28
if deadsquirrel can do better he should offer to help tony

Motorman, you've got it wrong! I was having a friendly dig at Fastbob, not Mr Mumford.

motorman
13th September 2007, 16:30
hi deadsquirrel i apologize if i got it wrong ,but the way it reads u were having a dig at at tony as this was a tony/engine thread

deadsquirrel
13th September 2007, 16:38
hi deadsquirrel i apologize if i got it wrong ,but the way it reads u were having a dig at at tony as this was a tony/engine thread
No problem - the dedication Tony shows to get his truck out on what I understand is zero budget is not something I would ever have a dig at.

Fastbob and his sorry tales of F150's however, .... :)

marshal-babe
13th September 2007, 19:36
Great to see you out Tony x