PDA

View Full Version : New Lambo!

Woodeye
11th September 2007, 06:58
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-reventon.html

The car is sick. Looks a bit like Diablo, especially from the rear.

The name is bit stupid though.

CarlMetro
11th September 2007, 09:28
$1.6 million :eek:

It's just a re-bodied Murciélago, using the same engine and drivetrain. Now I know that's nothing to be sniffed at, but I'd expect something a little bit more special for my extra $1.3 million than the knowledge that I have 1 of only 20.

If I was in that sort of market then I'd buy a Veyron and a nice little boat with the $400,000 left over ;)

Daniel
11th September 2007, 09:37
I'd take that over the Veyron :p But I have the luxury of not having that much money so I can say that :D

TangoR34
11th September 2007, 20:32
Make me think of Ridge racer. Where would the front number plate go?

kalasend
12th September 2007, 01:06
Make me think of Ridge racer. Where would the front number plate go?

Like the Enzo, there's no area reserved for number plate, I believe. What I've seen with Enzo owners is that they put a same size sticker bearing the plate number, on a side of the front nose. That is for, of course, if you ever need to drive it on the street. Some of these cars are never purchased for that purpose, you know.

kalasend
12th September 2007, 01:07
I feel like the Reventon has a hint of the F22 body panel style....

janneppi
12th September 2007, 06:58
It also has a hint of ugly in it. :p :

Donney
12th September 2007, 08:53
It looks good, as most supercars, but not that special.

Literal translation of reventon (http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=revent%F3n)

Not the best of names for Spanish speaking markets

ChrisS
12th September 2007, 10:48
the rear reminded me of the countach

Daniel
12th September 2007, 10:58
the rear reminded me of the countach
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that :)

kalasend
12th September 2007, 21:55
Isn't it kind of pricey given that it is similar to a F430 Scuderia (lightened, slightly more power, some touch in the body)

Oh well, I guess the price level already passed certain threshold of sanity, i.e. it is a you-love-it-so-just-pay price.

Daniel
12th September 2007, 22:32
Isn't it kind of pricey given that it is similar to a F430 Scuderia (lightened, slightly more power, some touch in the body)

Oh well, I guess the price level already passed certain threshold of sanity, i.e. it is a you-love-it-so-just-pay price.
Thing is it's in a different class to the 430. The 430 is a Gallardo rival.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th September 2007, 00:05
I think it looks a bit daft :s

as all Lambo's should :D

fandango
18th September 2007, 00:07
It looks good, as most supercars, but not that special.

Literal translation of reventon (http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=revent%F3n)

Not the best of names for Spanish speaking markets

I'm glad you mentioned that :) I was checking it in my dictionary before posting, just to be sure. Does it mean something cool in Italian, or any other language, anyone know?

Observer7
18th September 2007, 13:55
That is for, of course, if you ever need to drive it on the street. Some of these cars are never purchased for that purpose, you know.

Right, those cars are exclusively collectioner's items. Nevertheless, the average number of kilometers per year run by customer Lamborghinis is about 5000 km.

As to the model's name -- all Lamborghinis are named after some bull from the bullfight hall of fame. Don't translate the names -- 'Murcielago' e.g. means 'bat'.

Cheers,
L.W.

Drew
18th September 2007, 18:18
I'm glad you mentioned that :) I was checking it in my dictionary before posting, just to be sure. Does it mean something cool in Italian, or any other language, anyone know?

I just checked my italian dictionary, it shows nothing there.

Perhaps it's just another Pajero? ;)

Wilderness
18th September 2007, 19:44
Lamborghini is following the tradition of naming their cars after famous bulls (Murcielago, Diablo, Islero) or bull breeds (Miura, Jalpa, Urraco). Reventon was, reportedly, the name of the bull that killed torero Felix Guzman in 1943.

Observer7
21st September 2007, 09:56
To "fandango" and "Drew": don't look at an Italian dictionary. Bullfighting is not a sport in Italy, but in Spain (and parts of France). So those names of bulls are rather drawn from Spanisch, not Italian.

O7

fandango
24th September 2007, 21:19
Hey, now I see why you're Observer number 7. Perhaps one of the 6 ahead of you in the queue will kindly point out that I live in what is officially Spain (monarch photo-burning independistas aside). That's why I quoted Donney. I can see the bullring from my kitchen window. And it's not a sport, but an art (to those non-photo-burners who like it).

tsarcasm
29th September 2007, 02:46
I don't care for that car, yuuuck. 6 standard Murcis would due for me

dime3
1st October 2007, 14:51
Lamborghini - Good

1.6M - bad!!

aryan
5th October 2007, 20:20
I don't care for that car, yuuuck. 6 standard Murcis would due for me

You are right, it's a tricky decision to make.... $1.6m (before tax) for 1 reventon, or about the same price for 6 standard LP640s.

Don't know which one to go for

...... :confused: ............ :confused: ................ :confused: ................ :confused: ........... :confused:

OK, you know what? I've decided on my choice. I'll buy a 1990 E30 M3 Sport Evolution for about $30K-$40K and buy a nice house with the rest of that $1,560,000. As for the fun factor in driving... the M3 is all I'll ever need...

samehere
5th December 2007, 09:23
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-reventon.html

The car is sick. Looks a bit like Diablo, especially from the rear.

The name is bit stupid though.

what a pity I do not have the bucks for the car...but if I did I would buy an Enzo :-)