Iain
27th December 2006, 19:16
What's the point in that?

Dave B
27th December 2006, 19:20
Has any online petition in history ever worked? :s

BeansBeansBeans
27th December 2006, 19:20
I'm sure we'd all love to see more works teams in the BTCC, but I should imagine we'll only see Ford return if and when they consider it commercially beneficial to do so. The same goes for every other manufacturer, really.

Captain VXR
27th December 2006, 19:32
What's the point in that?

Just mentioning what I read on the BTCC.net forum while browsing the web.

Hazell B
27th December 2006, 20:22
Has any online petition in history ever worked? :s

Yes. One put me completely off ever signing another petition for worthless dross :p :

Stupid girl in the middle of York city centre trying to get online signatures (she didn't actually have a laptop with her, though :dozey: ) for some pointless US TV show to return - Angel or something equally dire. She thought she could change the world :rolleyes:

Marketing people aren't stupid. If something will work, be it TV show or racing team, they'll realise it without a load of signatures being waved at them. No big company ever looks at petitions these days, anyhow. If it was aimed at a small venture, say Steve Neal employing one driver instead of another, it might help a bit. Anything larger, there's no point.

Sorry :(

CarlMetro
27th December 2006, 21:04
Two minor points really..........

1). I thought the promotion of online petitions on the forum was banned a few months ago, along with anyone who promoted them?

and rather more importantly.........

2). When Ford pulled the plug on Jaguar Racing, it did so because it stated that it was concentration all of it's motorsport efforts on WRC.

Oh and then there's the small fact that Ford, as a company is somewhere in the region of £2billion in debt, is planning to lay off 30,000 staff over the next two years and is estimated to be losing just under a £1million pounds a day.

But then a few hundred people signing some crummy, virus-ridden online petition will surely make Ford re-enter into Touring Cars, NOT!

Dave Clark
29th December 2006, 10:48
I'm sure it was all done in good spirits, not a bad idea, lets face it, the btcc grid of manufacturers is down to 4 cars this year.
Surely the more enthusiastic people are about it the better.