PDA

View Full Version : Rules is rules

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 14:12
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=342794&postcount=65

Posted by Pino

This has lasted long enough, stick with your ideas Flat.tyres, while we stick with our rules...just make sure you respect them

Thread closed !Sorry Pino but you closed the last thread because under the rules, you have every right to but I just want to ask a final question about these rules that I keep violating and getting penalised for.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Motorsport.com Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Motorsport.com Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Motorsport.com Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
I did not post any messages that were obscene, perish the thought.
I did not post any messages that were vulgar. I despise vulgarity and find the C word particulaly offensive.
I did not post any messages that were sexually-orientated. I have trouble getting sexually-orientated at the best of times.
I did not post any messages that were hateful. I disagree with people and am blunt with fools but would never hate anyone.
I did not post any messages that were threatening which I consider cowardly when hidden behind a console.
I did not post any messages that would otherwise violative of any laws although I can think of some things that I could suggest that violate the laws of physics :D

If I had of done, I would have expected to get infractions (which aren't mentioned in the rules either).

Do I get a little present for being a good boy and sticking to the rules (even though I get penalised for doing so)

Now, you may find what I write objectionable but since when has being blunt been against the rules and since when has putting a * in a word been against the rules.

If others can use * then why not all of us?

Now, come on, try and be fair and objective please ;)

Daniel
10th September 2007, 14:46
"The owners of Motorsport.com Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason"
Like it or lump it. Pino is 2IC. What Pino says goes.

Garry Walker
10th September 2007, 14:54

hahaha :D . You are quite the character

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 14:59
"The owners of Motorsport.com Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason"
Like it or lump it. Pino is 2IC. What Pino says goes.

What is 21c?

Daniel, I really wish you would read others posts and think before you write your own. Did you even read the rules before you signed up?

Where have I ever said that Pino, or the other Mods, don't have the right to remove, edit, or close threads for any reason although bear in mind it doesn't mention individual posts? ;)

Now, if you would like to respond to what I wrote, I would be delighted to answer you although at the minute, the Mods might not like you to as you seem to be strengthening my case with your posts. For example, when you fudged the swear filter by putting **'s on the chit-chat forum earlier. I didn't think you agreed with using bad language on the forum and thought there was no excuse for it. Please see post 29.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120628&page=2

Glass houses my friend, glass houses. :)

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 15:01
hahaha :D . You are quite the character

Don't you just love it ;)

Now tell me honestly Garry (see, two r's for a change ;) ) you don't seriously expect me to back down when I'm right. there's a principle at stake and I enjoy it :)

Daniel
10th September 2007, 15:18
What is 21c?

Daniel, I really wish you would read others posts and think before you write your own. Did you even read the rules before you signed up?

Where have I ever said that Pino, or the other Mods, don't have the right to remove, edit, or close threads for any reason although bear in mind it doesn't mention individual posts? ;)

Now, if you would like to respond to what I wrote, I would be delighted to answer you although at the minute, the Mods might not like you to as you seem to be strengthening my case with your posts. For example, when you fudged the swear filter by putting **'s on the chit-chat forum earlier. I didn't think you agreed with using bad language on the forum and thought there was no excuse for it. Please see post 29.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120628&page=2

Glass houses my friend, glass houses. :)
What are you on about?

RaceFanStan
10th September 2007, 15:22
Flat.tyres, I'm really tired of your whining & your attitude.
You were ask nice, you were given gentle persuasion & a few points to get your attention.
Whether you realize it or not, all it takes is a couple of clicks & you are gone.
If I were you, I would think about that before I started waging war with a moderator. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Garry Walker
10th September 2007, 15:29
Now tell me honestly Garry (see, two r's for a change ;) ) you don't seriously expect me to back down when I'm right. there's a principle at stake and I enjoy it

See, if you use all your mind-power, you can even spell a 5 letter name correctly :D

In any case, yep, I dont agree with the closing of the earlier topic, so you have my support. But dont think my support for you in this topic means I wont embarrass you in other topics :D :D

Daniel
10th September 2007, 15:34
You were ask nice, you were given gentle persuasion & a few points to get your attention.
Whether you realize it or not, all it takes is a couple of clicks & you are gone.
If I were you, I would think about that before I started waging war with a moderator. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
Too right.

How are the bones Stan? Is everything that was meant to be straight still straight? :D

RaceFanStan
10th September 2007, 15:40
I'm still healing, that crash really hurt me. :s
I'm walking with a cane now & the pain is less severe.

Broken bones take time to heal but ...
the bad thing is that when you don't use muscles they get weak,
then when you start using those muscles again, they get really sore. :s

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 15:53

Whining? We call it debating and arguement over here. If I had said "It's not fair bwahhhhhh" then that's whining. I have just reasoned and pointed out why I don't agree with a decision and backed that up with the rules that I am told to adhere to. Isn't that what feedback is? The fact that some Mods choose to ignore that is neither my problem or my business but a matter for them.

As for attitude. Well, sorry mate but that's called freedon of speech over here. As long as I make my points in a reasoned, structured and non-confrontational manner, then I don't see why my forthright approach should land me in the brown stuff. Do you?

Ahhh, it was to get my attention was it. Well, it did and now that you have my attention, you don't like it. Seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't really.

The Mods here can ban me for speaking my mind and ban me because I'm inconvienant. Didn't you use to be a Mod? Is that the way it's done then, ban people that don't fit in with the Mods views even though they are following the rules?

Fair enough. As you said in the PM, I can take your advice or not. Sorry, RFS but I've learn't that the free advice on here is basicaly to shut up, be a good boy and kiss butt. Not for me old fruit.

I'm not after starting wars. Why bother, all I have is my words and the Mods have the WMD's in this battle :laugh: i suspect that the only reason I'm not barred at the moment is because I'm right and it would look childish and vindictive but that may happen.

So, I think I have now made my point. I have broken no rules so am complying with the strict code of the forum. I have proven inconsistencies and had it confirmed that I'm being watched for slip up's where others are overlooked.

If any Mod wishes to justify their decidion to point me then a direct answer as to what I have done against the Rules will be appreciated. Otherwise, I think I'm done.

Back to F1 for me. Byeeeeeeeeeee :kiss:

Flat.tyres
10th September 2007, 15:56

Sorry to hear about your crash by the way. Good luck on the road to recovery.

Daniel
10th September 2007, 16:03

Well keep up the excercise up and I'm sure it will get back to being more normal :)

janneppi
10th September 2007, 18:26
Whining? We call it debating and arguement over here. If I had said "It's not fair bwahhhhhh" then that's whining. I have just reasoned and pointed out why I don't agree with a decision and backed that up with the rules that I am told to adhere to. Isn't that what feedback is? The fact that some Mods choose to ignore that is neither my problem or my business but a matter for them.

As for attitude. Well, sorry mate but that's called freedon of speech over here. As long as I make my points in a reasoned, structured and non-confrontational manner, then I don't see why my forthright approach should land me in the brown stuff. Do you?

Ahhh, it was to get my attention was it. Well, it did and now that you have my attention, you don't like it. Seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't really.

The Mods here can ban me for speaking my mind and ban me because I'm inconvienant. Didn't you use to be a Mod? Is that the way it's done then, ban people that don't fit in with the Mods views even though they are following the rules?

Fair enough. As you said in the PM, I can take your advice or not. Sorry, RFS but I've learn't that the free advice on here is basicaly to shut up, be a good boy and kiss butt. Not for me old fruit.

I'm not after starting wars. Why bother, all I have is my words and the Mods have the WMD's in this battle :laugh: i suspect that the only reason I'm not barred at the moment is because I'm right and it would look childish and vindictive but that may happen.

So, I think I have now made my point. I have broken no rules so am complying with the strict code of the forum. I have proven inconsistencies and had it confirmed that I'm being watched for slip up's where others are overlooked.

If any Mod wishes to justify their decidion to point me then a direct answer as to what I have done against the Rules will be appreciated. Otherwise, I think I'm done.

Back to F1 for me. Byeeeeeeeeeee :kiss:

This is the feedback section, not debate club, you gave your opinion on point given to you, certainly repeated them enough to make your point of view clear. ;)

The forum rules and mod action line however are not up for debate, nor under argument unless told othervise, they are what they are, suck it up or leave.

Mark
11th September 2007, 09:27
As for what the mods have the right to do then that is up to me, if a mod crosses the line I will do so in private. I have not done so recently.