PDA

View Full Version : [Official thread] LMS 1000km of Silverstone...

Tom206wrc
10th September 2007, 09:01
Hi,

At the end of this week is the british round of LMS held on Formula 1 circuit of Silverstone, so it's time to create the thread :D

You're welcome to write in it if you have news or anything else to say about this round... ;)

As usual, live-timing of the week-end will be available on http://www.ris-timing.be and on official series website http://www.lmes.com

harvick#1
10th September 2007, 16:16
Team LNT will be driving a Zytek in P2, they will only be bringing 1 Panoz

Tom206wrc
11th September 2007, 09:15
Perhaps good news for the P2 level...?? ;)

Tom206wrc
12th September 2007, 11:50
Strangely, I have the feeling that 1000km of Silverstone won't have success(including the participations in this thread)because of F1 Grand-Prix the same week-end(held in Spa)... :rolleyes:

Scuderia ferrari
12th September 2007, 18:18
I'm going to the race, defiently!

Tom206wrc
13th September 2007, 11:33
Tomorrow at Silverstone Embassy Racing and ORECA should announce their plans for the 2008 season !!! :D

harvick#1
13th September 2007, 15:29
hopefully they say they will be going to a R10, I'd love to see Oreca in an Audi competing again for the overall win

Tom206wrc
14th September 2007, 08:40
hopefully they say they will be going to a R10, I'd love to see Oreca in an Audi competing again for the overall win

Better would that they announce partnership with new constructors in LMP1 possibly with gasoline engines to see if there's really a problem with gasoline/diesel ACO rules between makes with equal forces... :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
14th September 2007, 10:25
It looks like there will be no internet live results for this race unlike the previous ones !!! :mad:

The free session races have already started(not for LMS though)and results services are unavailable on http://www.lmes.com :rolleyes:

What crap :mad:

Tom206wrc
14th September 2007, 11:49
Results free practice 1... ;)

http://www.lemans-series.com/results/silverstone/lmsfree1.htm

harvick#1
14th September 2007, 15:17
seems LNT have no problem in getting up to sped in there Zytek :D

Jamie Brown
14th September 2007, 17:44
yeh there well on pace by the looks of it :)

Jamie Brown
14th September 2007, 23:40
free practice 2 results http://www.lemans-series.com/results/silverstone/lmsfree2.htm :)

harvick#1
15th September 2007, 06:21
again, barring any serious problems from Peugeot, they will get another weak win.

2.5 seconds faster a lap is just pathetic, I really wish the series would have done something sooner, but they give a big advantage to the Diesal's and Hybrid and punish the Gasoline engines

Tom206wrc
15th September 2007, 08:07
again, barring any serious problems from Peugeot, they will get another weak win.

2.5 seconds faster a lap is just pathetic, I really wish the series would have done something sooner, but they give a big advantage to the Diesal's and Hybrid and punish the Gasoline engines

I don't understand why everybody always shows the engine rules diesel/gasoline and not the fact that Peugeot is a FACTORY and the others on the LMS field are PRIVATES... :rolleyes:

harvick#1
15th September 2007, 16:30
wow, how about LNT, starting P4 overall in there first race with a P2 car.

I don't think that it matters between Privateers and Factory. Pescarolo, Zytek, Creation, and Courage have been in the series for awhile now and have had great racing. now the way they are allowing the Deisal teams to have V12 twin turbos while everyone else has V10's-V8's and they are running 2-4 seconds a lap faster on all tracks, if they want to try and pick on someone, why don't they come across the pond and try and Beat Audi at Petit

Tom206wrc
15th September 2007, 18:23
Or the opposite WHY Audi don't come in LMS ??? :mad:

Peugeot as a sales car company have few to do in USA/Canada where they don't sell cars whereas Audi sells also in Europe(normal I'd say)... :rolleyes:

harvick#1
15th September 2007, 19:32
I'd guess you'd have to convince Team Joest to run in Europe. Champion Racing runs the R10's in the States

harvick#1
16th September 2007, 18:51
no surprise Peugeot wins again, followed by the two Pescarolos from Pesc Sport and Rollcentre

Bazari won P2 (6th overall) and LNT took 2nd in class (8th)

Oreca won GT1 (15th) with Team Modena right behind

Virgo Motorsports won GT2 with the Ferrari ahead of IMSA Performance

wedge
16th September 2007, 21:20
That was a great race to watch!

I spent most of the time along Hangar Straight and Stowe. I thought I was watching NASCAR or IRL!

All the lead cars were slicing through traffic and passing for position there as if it was the last 5 laps at Daytona! Every 10mins there was drafting and going 3 wide - you had to feel sorry for the GT drivers because they were in a LMP sandwich every few laps! That was how crazy it was today! Some near misses but plenty of bumps and bruises!

wedge
17th September 2007, 14:44
Managed to sneak into Team Alphand pit just as the Corvettes were being fired up - it was awesome! Stood next to Ollie Gavin and congratulated on his ALMS success. He's a lot taller in real life! For a moment I thought I was standing next to Justin Wilson!

Met Darren Manning and congratulated on his return to IRL. He definitely wants to stay in IRL, preferably in a better team obviously - he has no problems going to back to Chip Ganassi if the offer came up.

Scuderia ferrari
17th September 2007, 17:28
What a day! Thrilling race, relly enjoyed it. My dad did as well. Defiently going back to silverstone next year if they are there next year. Please!

Action all over. Towards the end, down at becketts i think it was, a car went off right in front of us! Showered us in tyre marbels as well.

The speed of the cars was imense! Like wedge, we stood at hangar strait and they were so fast, espcially the peugeots. They were just like bullets! So quiet as well!

Congrats to the winners, espcaially ferrari in GT2! Yeah!

The news of the death of colin mcrea spoilt the day a bit for us, but nother the less, a fab day. Walked all around the track while the race was on, trying out different vantage points. The opening sequence of corners is very impressive, we stood on the outside of that corner. Very close to the cars.

All in all, a very worth while trip. As i said, we will defeiently be there next year if they go back to silverstone. It was great weather as well, all though a bit windy!

Took quite a few pictures of the cars, so pictures to follow when we have got to uploading them

Tom206wrc
17th September 2007, 21:04
Pictures ;)

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?Y=2007&S=LMS&E=Silverstone/Friday_practice_1

Scuderia ferrari
18th September 2007, 08:20
My pictures to follow, have them uploaded to my computer now

Tom206wrc
19th September 2007, 15:42
Superb pictures available on http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event/145/2007-Le-Mans-Series-Silverstone-1000-KM.html !!! :bounce: