PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices Motorfest 2007

R3ROK
9th September 2007, 13:18
Just a couple of questions with regards to the ticket pricing for Motorfest 2007. I know the season ticket does not cover for this event but I wanted to know as my son is 14 will he need an adult ticket or does he still qualify for a child ticket? Also, I was thinking about buying the tickets on the day and can't find out if there is much difference (if any) in price over pre-booking them. I might have left it a bit late pre-booking as it only leaves 5 working days if I order them on Monday...Any advice would be appreciated.

By the Way.....Confirmed by Dominic at BRSCC just in case you didn't know...
''Your pass does however get you into the British F3/GT season finale on 29/30th September, which is our last Rockingham meeting of the year''

Cheers
John

acorn
9th September 2007, 17:23
....and can't find out

not surprising. woefully inadequate information. the full page advert in motorsport news mentions advance tickets but doesn't say if there's a discount or what age a child is. it also doesn't say that advanced tickets give reserved seating(at least that's what it says on the incarace website).

the motorfest website might have been a good source of information except THE LINKS AREN'T WORKING!!!!

R3ROK
9th September 2007, 19:51
the motorfest website might have been a good source of information except THE LINKS AREN'T WORKING!!!!

Exactly! I did try ringing the ticket hotline but not open on Sunday's...looks like I will have to ring them Monday. I'm not sure if I should risk getting them posted.....Rockingham used to offer the service where you could pre-book and pick up the tickets from the office on the day...which was good if you left it late booking them. Not sure if that's still possible? Still need to remember to ask about the child age cut-off.

Reynard
9th September 2007, 21:27
I'm still yet to beat the organisers into submission for a media pass. :mad:

As it stands, it looks like I may well end up not being there. :(

JDPower
9th September 2007, 23:36
The motorfest website might have been a good source of information except THE LINKS AREN'T WORKING!!!!
The Motorfest website is working fine and most of the information you seem to be looking for is there:

http://www.motorfest.co.uk/book.htm

Box office is open regular office hours (as you would expect), no mention of what age classifies as a child though :\

R3ROK
10th September 2007, 10:40
The Motorfest website is working fine and most of the information you seem to be looking for is there:

Box office is open regular office hours (as you would expect), no mention of what age classifies as a child though :\

JD, You are correct about the website. It was only the links at the bottom of the page that don't work....the links in BOLD RED in each main window work..Doh!! OK, back to the ticket fiasco....this is the situation now I have spoken to the ticket office (0121) 357 7328

1) Child age range is from 5 - 15 (Under 5's go free) My lad is 14 so £10 for him on Sunday or £7 on Saturday.

2) You can't pre-book the tickets any more...only buy them on the day at the same price as the pre-booked tickets..at least they got something right ;) At least I can decide on Saturday night if I want to go or not :)

I assume family tickets are the same as the website states...

http://www.motorfest.co.uk/book.htm

deadsquirrel
10th September 2007, 11:28

And I fully expect that us marshal types will be issued with just one ticket also; we normally get a guest ticket (this is true from the F1 at Silverstone, to the Champ Car I did in Holland, down to a 750 Motorclub event at Mallory).

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 17:08
I've not really thought about it until now, but I hope the team pass is still valid otherwise I'm going to have to drag up some more money that I really hadn't budgeted for.....

racing59
10th September 2007, 20:20
Nick,

Our Team Passes won't be used - they are going to issue us with their own passes. It sucks, but that's there way of doing it. It's their meeting. We play by their rules. I'm still waiting for answers on passes. It's Tuesday tomorrow.
It's dark. I'm not wearing sunglasses.....

Rob.

Reynard
10th September 2007, 20:38
The folks issuing passes haven't replied to my e-mails or returned my phone calls and I'm starting to get rather peeved...

JDPower
10th September 2007, 20:43
At least I can decide on Saturday night if I want to go or not
Unfortunately you won't have the best seats for the short oval stuff as last year the bottom level seating in the Rock building was advanced tickets only (even though it was 80% empty), and as the site states advanced tickets get reserved seating I suspect the same will be in place this year.

LessThanSte
10th September 2007, 21:45
Does anyone actually sit on those bottom seating rows?

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 21:56
Nope, much prefer the scaffolding up the top of the grandstand. :p
I think the only time I've ever used those seats was way back when I thought that the commentary said that all racing was done for the day due to the rain still coming down, I went to the coast instead and arrived home to read that a race did indeed take place and Witty had decided to take up lobster impressions. :laugh:
Can't remember if the was 03 or 04 now.

Reynard
10th September 2007, 22:20
I think the only time I've ever used those seats was way back when I thought that the commentary said that all racing was done for the day due to the rain still coming down, I went to the coast instead and arrived home to read that a race did indeed take place and Witty had decided to take up lobster impressions. :laugh:
Can't remember if the was 03 or 04 now.

Oh you horror! :laugh: Think that might have been June '03....

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 22:28
That'd be the one 'cos it was roughly around my birthday. i wonder if anyone has any pics, purely for nostalgic purposes of course. :p ;)

Reynard
10th September 2007, 22:31
I seem to recall that SteveA got a dastardly pics of me scuttling to a cut-out in Turn 1... I'm sure he'll dig it out for nostalgia's sake! ;-)

JDPower
11th September 2007, 07:06
Does anyone actually sit on those bottom seating rows?
I'd never sat there till last years Ovalfest, and never sat there since, but its definitely the place to be for the short oval races.

Tiesse
11th September 2007, 07:50

Witty, just out of interest, if you paid to get in rather than have a media pass, would that restrict you in any way for publishing any photos you may take of the event from public areas?

I understand that you own the copyright to your photos, but I am curious whether Incarace have any control over published images of their event.

Tiesse
11th September 2007, 07:54
I'd never sat there till last years Ovalfest, and never sat there since, but its definitely the place to be for the short oval races.

We sat there for the motorcycle freestyle jumping at the stuntshow & it was great for that as we were level with the bikes when they jumped. The kids loved it.

We also sat there for a couple of the Ovalfest races, (which is curious going by a previous post as I bought the tickets on the day & had no worries getting in there) it definately gives you better close up view for the short circuit stuff - even if one of then was the last farcical race of the event!

JDPower
11th September 2007, 08:46
We also sat there for a couple of the Ovalfest races, (which is curious going by a previous post as I bought the tickets on the day & had no worries getting in there)
Yeah, on the saturday you could sit there, but the sunday was advanced tickets only IIRC

madphotog
11th September 2007, 08:51
In answer to Tiesse, copyright is owned by the the photographer as you rightly said and Incarace have no control over what gets published where and when. Come down to Team Networking and say hello as you missed out last time. We are obviously there on both days but I may be somewhere else taking photographs for the local paper by Earwig and of course Braveheart should be around as well as two of my pretty ones on both days.

Cheers

Brian aka MADMAN :)

Reynard
11th September 2007, 10:10
Witty, just out of interest, if you paid to get in rather than have a media pass, would that restrict you in any way for publishing any photos you may take of the event from public areas?

Yes it would - anything from public areas is (unless working a media pass) is for personal consumption only. I can share them between friends but not sell them. Not sure how that would affect any printed matter though. Also, not having a media pass would not allow me access to the fencline, pit lane, garages...

I understand that you own the copyright to your photos, but I am curious whether Incarace have any control over published images of their event.

Not as far as I know - in the UK we're pretty lenient on this - the one exception is Superbikes I believe. Now NASCAR own the copyright of anything that a photographer shoots.

I *finally* managed to get through on the phone yesterday, but guess what - my call wasn't returned. I reckon that's pretty rude.

deadsquirrel
11th September 2007, 10:19
I *finally* managed to get through on the phone yesterday, but guess what - my call wasn't returned. I reckon that's pretty rude.

Is there no way to get your pass via normal BRSCC route(s) for SCSA/PuT's as normal? A call to Sonny Howard or Drew Furlong might help?

If the Incarace people don't want to play, that's their loss methinks. . I assume you've contacted Smiffyman or maybe shortcircuit for advice/contact numbers?

Reynard
11th September 2007, 13:23
I've tried the BRSCC, but no reply, Smiffyman is in Canada and I'm about to try the PuT folks in desperation.

You don't happen to have a contact number / e-mail for Drew by any chance, Simon? PM me if you do.

Tiesse
11th September 2007, 15:13
In answer to Tiesse, copyright is owned by the the photographer as you rightly said and Incarace have no control over what gets published where and when. Come down to Team Networking and say hello as you missed out last time. We are obviously there on both days but I may be somewhere else taking photographs for the local paper by Earwig and of course Braveheart should be around as well as two of my pretty ones on both days.

Cheers

Brian aka MADMAN :)

Brian

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I have to work this weekend, so can't come down. If that's not enough, I also can't come to the GT meeting (it is Ryan's 7th birthday on Sat 29th & we are having a go kart party for him & I am going to the O2 arena on the Sunday to see some NHL ice hockey). The season is over for me!! Gutted.

Ryan is going to be dragging my wife along on the 30th, I'll try to persuade her to come & say hello!

Ryan shall probably be wearing his blue Duncan Grey hat & I'll tell her to pop over to get it signed.

I think I'll sign off with two words to describe this season for me "BLOODY RAIN!"

Regards

Tony

deadsquirrel
11th September 2007, 16:19
I've tried the BRSCC, but no reply, Smiffyman is in Canada and I'm about to try the PuT folks in desperation.

You don't happen to have a contact number / e-mail for Drew by any chance, Simon? PM me if you do.

done :)

Richard C
11th September 2007, 22:59
Witty,

I have sent you a PM.

Richard.

Reynard
12th September 2007, 18:11
Thanks folks, crisis averted. Will be there along with my cameras. :)

All the hoop jumping has improved my fitness somewhat... :eek:

Sticker Rub
12th September 2007, 18:50
Have any marshals had their passes yet?

Chigley
12th September 2007, 19:06
Have any marshals had their passes yet?

See:

http://dot.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121132

Sticker Rub
13th September 2007, 17:40
Thanks Ian. The letter was waiting when I got home from work last night.