PDA

View Full Version : O/T - CWS in the 24hrs (update!)

racing59
9th September 2007, 00:16
Colin's team is flying!!

Well into the top 10, leading "class 1" as I tripe this massage. In fact in 7th overall!!!!!!

deadsquirrel
10th September 2007, 10:17
Colin's team is flying!!

Well into the top 10, leading "class 1" as I tripe this massage. In fact in 7th overall!!!!!!

I think he was at P5 overall at one point - but I must admit that with the lack of sleep during and since the race, I haven't checked his final result.

Again shows what a versatile and skilled driver he is!

Jamie Brown
10th September 2007, 18:37
CWS did great :) well done!

Reynard
10th September 2007, 18:55
Just had a looksy on MST.The CWS BMW M3 finished 11th overall and 2nd in class. Not bad at all! :cheese:

The man dun good.... Yet again! :champion: Time to raise a few :beer: methinks!

Al_Green
10th September 2007, 21:08
Very good effort from CWS, car was showing a few battle scars (back of the exhaust held on by wire I noticed) and picked up a few penalties for pits infringements, but 11th overall out of 60ish cars was a top job. Shame the other drivers couldn't come up with Colin & the rest of the CWS team for the trophy presentation (Colin went away with an armful, only for the other drivers to arrive after the prize giving!). Followed the car & the German contingent out of the circuit this morning.

Other drivers known to us - one former ASCAR driver and now Stig was part of the Team Top Gear entry with Clarkson, May & Hammond and bagged third in the diesel class (feature on TG in the new series in October), while Hammond also got involved with another ex-SCSA fave, Mr Vergers, by apparently pulling across in front of Verge and causing irrepairable damage. MVs comments were not suitable for a family audience by all accounts.

Another super weekend though, and confirmed for another 3 years at least at Silverstone.

Al.

racing59
10th September 2007, 22:59
I was listening to Globecast when the Hamster had sex with the Mosler, and the interview with Verge after that. He was a "little surprised" when the TG Beemer moved across the track taking the front right off of his MT900.

I expected it to be Jeremy that caused the incidents, not Richard. And Captain Slow, well he did get quicker as time went on.... a little. Not bad for someone who has only held a race licence for about a month!

Did you clock the sponsor's logos, and the affect the doors had on them when opened and viewed from the front. Very Clarkson indeed.

Also - when they were having their "chat" at the burger van in the middle of the garages, I stealthily said "how are the rib's Ben", and a crash helmet turned to see where such a "timorous comment" could come from.....

It's a shame I wasn't there longer, but I had the family with me, even though I was doing a bit of radio comms work "on the side"!!

It's also a shame that I couldn't raise the budget required to get a seat, but next year - well let's see what I can sell...... (no, nothing to do with the V8 Trophy)

Rob.

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 23:31
What about that other V8 beast?
Unless there's some fettling and racing planned for it, it should maybe make way for other racing activities, maybe a Tin snail then i'll race it with ya at Snetterton next year. ;) Should be enough change left over for a spare car from the states.

racing59
10th September 2007, 23:53
Sell Harry? Never!!!!! Major unfinished business there!

I was thinking about other things, like furniture, tropical fish tank, food out of the fridge, ok we're up to £16.83, now what.....

Rob.

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 00:43
So when are we bringing him out to play? The RS owners club would have been good fun, if only to see some of the boy racers c*** themselves as you hoon past.
I'd say start saving money by cutting out the jaffa cakes, but then of course you'd have a mutiny on your hands from the Grimbo crew ;)

JDPower
11th September 2007, 07:17
Also - when they were having their "chat" at the burger van in the middle of the garages, I stealthily said "how are the rib's Ben", and a crash helmet turned to see where such a "timorous comment" could come from.....
Ooh, very clever. You'll be changing your race number to 007 next :p :