PDA

View Full Version : wrc 2008 calander

johnny utah
7th September 2007, 23:13
where can i find the 2008wrc calander ?

Livewireshock
7th September 2007, 23:56
The 2007 & 2008 calendars were released together in late 2006 by the FIA. However, expect the 2008 dates to be revised next month at the FIA's next major meeting.

October is generally the time of year the calendar is ratified pending on what is good for individual events, clashes with F1 etc, air time on tv & more.

This could be a very interesting meeting as they might try to lay out the framework for 2009 too as the FIA wish to express forward planning over waiting until the last minute lately. This will be the first year of the new rotational system, if they continue to push for it. Who will be in & who has a 'bye' for that year?

Langdale Forest
8th September 2007, 07:41
Will there still be 16 events in 2008 and 2009?

Wim_Impreza
8th September 2007, 08:44
Will there still be 16 events in 2008 and 2009?

In 2008 yes, in 2009 there will be 12 events.

N
8th September 2007, 10:22
They still have to see if rally Cyprus will be part of the calendar and they will decide after this years rally Cyprus is run, so I would imagine around the end of October to see the calendar for next year.

Livewireshock
8th September 2007, 12:00
They still have to see if rally Cyprus will be part of the calendar and they will decide after this years rally Cyprus is run, so I would imagine around the end of October to see the calendar for next year.

That is if Poland does not get the nod ahead of Cyprus.

Salist
8th September 2007, 12:22
2008 FIA World Rally Championship calendar

25-27 Jan Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo
8-10 Feb Swedish Rally
7-9 Mar Rally South Africa*
28-30 Mar Jordan Rally
11-13 Apr Cyprus Rally*
25-27 Apr Rally Argentina
16-18 May Rally Italia-Sardinia
30 May-1 June Acropolis Rally of Greece
13-15 June Rally of Turkey
27-29 June Rally Poland*
1-3 Aug Rally Finland
15-17 Aug Rallye Deutschland
29-31 Aug Rally New Zealand
12-14 Sept Rally Australia
3-5 Oct Rallye de Espana
10-12 Oct Rallye de France - Tour de Corse
24-26 Oct Rally Japan
28-30 Nov Rally GB

* Rally South Africa, Cyprus Rally and Rally Poland will be subject to inspection in 2007. One of the three events will be included in the 2008 calendar. The World Motor Sport Council agreed that all future candidate events must first be part of an FIA Regional Championship.

Livewireshock
8th September 2007, 12:40
2008 FIA World Rally Championship calendar

25-27 Jan Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo
8-10 Feb Swedish Rally
7-9 Mar Rally South Africa*
28-30 Mar Jordan Rally
11-13 Apr Cyprus Rally*
25-27 Apr Rally Argentina
16-18 May Rally Italia-Sardinia
30 May-1 June Acropolis Rally of Greece
13-15 June Rally of Turkey
27-29 June Rally Poland*
1-3 Aug Rally Finland
15-17 Aug Rallye Deutschland
29-31 Aug Rally New Zealand
12-14 Sept Rally Australia
3-5 Oct Rallye de Espana
10-12 Oct Rallye de France - Tour de Corse
24-26 Oct Rally Japan
28-30 Nov Rally GB

* Rally South Africa, Cyprus Rally and Rally Poland will be subject to inspection in 2007. One of the three events will be included in the 2008 calendar. The World Motor Sport Council agreed that all future candidate events must first be part of an FIA Regional Championship.

South Africa has already pulled out of the running, so it is only Poland & Cyprus left for the final spot.

Plus the date for Rally Australia has already been pushed back one week later to ensure a three week gap between Rally NZ & Rally Australia. Allows for parts to be flown out & repairs made once the cars have been shipped from NZ.

Salist
8th September 2007, 17:16
Thanks for your information.

Langdale Forest
8th September 2007, 19:58
Why is there no rally Ireland, Portugal and Norway for 2008?
Will they be back for 2009?

Livewireshock
8th September 2007, 23:46

You expect FIA logic to be straight forward?

mercury8
9th September 2007, 03:35
So is 19th/21st September for Australia WRC?

Livewireshock
9th September 2007, 04:38
So is 19th/21st September for Australia WRC?

Provisionally it is. They are the dates we are working on here. Until the FIA ratifies the entire calendar plus if Poland or Cyprus is in or out, it still not 100% certain.

This helps mesh in with the Speed on Tweed historic racing at Murwillumbah & the Indy 300 on the Gold Coast. Both will bookend Rally Australia for a month of motorsport. Pending on the final 2008 Champcar calendar.

fastboy
9th September 2007, 11:42
Rally Jordan and Argentina have swopped places also.The dates remain the same though.

jbmarcus21
11th September 2007, 20:58
The calendar has changed ... a bit ..

Argentina & Jordan switch ...

Look it the new calendar 2008 : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/wrc2008.htm

Livewireshock
11th September 2007, 22:44
The calendar has changed ... a bit ..

Argentina & Jordan switch ...

Look it the new calendar 2008 : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/wrc2008.htm

This 'new' calendar has Rally Australia scheduled for the 12-14th of Sept. It has been pushed back one week to 19-21st. It allows more time to transport cars from NZ & for parts to be brought out from Europe to effect any needed repairs.

feresc13
12th September 2007, 08:24

That's really strange, Portugal Rally came back in WRC after 6 years, and now is again out? Rally Norway intruduced a 2nd rally on snow, that was good, under my opinion, for the WRC. And Irish rally was the fourth tarmac rally on the season.

But all sponsors that supported these events in its adventure in WRC, now they'll see as their bet goes by.

Hope that Poland Rally will be also a tarmac rally.

Apart from Portugal, Norway, and Ireland, also falls Mexico, isn't?

Livewireshock
12th September 2007, 10:04
That's really strange, Portugal Rally came back in WRC after 6 years, and now is again out? Rally Norway intruduced a 2nd rally on snow, that was good, under my opinion, for the WRC. And Irish rally was the fourth tarmac rally on the season.

But all sponsors that supported these events in its adventure in WRC, now they'll see as their bet goes by.

Hope that Poland Rally will be also a tarmac rally.

Apart from Portugal, Norway, and Ireland, also falls Mexico, isn't?

Poland was changed from a tarmac event to gravel for it's candidate events. So if it is successful over Cyprus, it will stick to gravel.

As for Norway, Portugal & Ireland, they will no doubtedly form a quarter of the 12 round 2009 calendar under the new rotation system??????

ste898
12th September 2007, 11:20
I dont agree with letting Joprdan South africa in

curry
12th September 2007, 11:26
I though South Africa elected to pull out.

Roy
12th September 2007, 12:01
I had planned a holiday end of april to Jordan and Israel. This is great news.
My girlfriend is less happy ;)

MikeD
12th September 2007, 12:11
I had planned a holiday end of april to Jordan and Israel. This is great news.
My girlfriend is less happy ;)

Are you going to see Petra? I can recommend it. Just be aware that the easiest way to cross the border is via Eilat. Crossing the border from Israel to either Jordan or Egypt takes 2-3 hours and can be a bit of a nightmare.

When i returned from Egypt (went to see the Santa Catarina monestary in the Sinai desert) Israel wouldn't let me back in the country. Had to call an israelli friend in Copenhagen and make him vautch for me.

Also tried to get into Saudi .... no es possible! That is one closed country!

Good luck :)

N
12th September 2007, 19:48
Actually, it's not closed, you just need a visa and they don't have tourist visa's :D , but you don't wanna go into Saudi Arabia, I've spent 5 months this year in Riyadh and I hope I will never have to go back there. :)

J4MIE
13th September 2007, 00:24
I guess that will make Jordan a hotter event being closer to summer. I am still thinking of going there and would love to go back to Australia. I also would prefer Corsica to be on a different weekend so it doesn't clash with a UK event :\

But I will wait till the calendar is finalised before booking my flights to Sweden, which is a definite for me :D

Livewireshock
13th September 2007, 01:14
I guess that will make Jordan a hotter event being closer to summer. I am still thinking of going there and would love to go back to Australia. I also would prefer Corsica to be on a different weekend so it doesn't clash with a UK event :\

But I will wait till the calendar is finalised before booking my flights to Sweden, which is a definite for me :D

Average temps in Amman over the rally dates is for a maximum of 24-25C & a low of 12C with 0.3mm of rain. So it should be reasonably comfortable. Although the Dead Sea area will be hotter.

I would love to attend this event. It should be really good. This year's candidate rally was great to follow. The spectator areas & views were reported to be stunning.