PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2007 - rumours (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Robinho
5th December 2006, 13:51
i guess we need to start this off again then,

what do we know, what do we think and what do we hope for the 2007 season, i'll do a quick run down of what i can remember from the old thread, please fill in the blanks, there will be loads ;)

Seat - 2 x Leon, proabably Plato and Turner

Vauxhall - 2 x probably Vectra, Chilton and Giovanardi

Dynamics/Halfords - 2 or 3 x something s2000, rumours of Honda Civic, Honda Accord, BMW 320, Alfa 156. i expect probably Accord, Neal, Shedden and Howell if funds allow

Team RAC/WSR - 2 x probably S2000, hopefully, although rumours persist that they may run the MG ZS's in BTC spec again if no suitable S2000 car available, assume Turkington and Collard again

Eurotech - 1 x BTC Integra for Mike Jordan, possibly 1 extra car unknown for driver unknown, can't remember the rumours

Motorbase - 2/3 x Seat Toledo, assume Ferrier and Pinkney, have they sold the Integra to Richard Marsh or was that a dynamics cars?

Synchro - 1 x car for James Kaye, rumours persist about a S2000 New shape Civic, could be a tall order

Kartworld - latest rumour was 2 x Alfa 156 for Jason Hughes and A N Other, could yet revert to MG's

Eoin Murray - to return in his Alfa 156, hopeful

Geoff Steel Racing - Martyn Bell confirmed in BMW, rumours of 1 or 2 more cars possibly to be run by team, likely BMW's

Xero - 1 x Lexus for A Jones hopeful, plus 1 other car (ran under different team name at end of last season?)

BTC - 2 x Lexus for Darren Dowling and Chris Stockton as at end of 2006

Richard March/Team Farecla - i belive Richard has bought an Integra (ex Pinkney?), rumoured that they may run the Pug 307 as well

Techspeed 1 or 2 cars rumoured, probably last years Astras for hopefully Paul O'Neill and 1 other?

JAS - John George has Matt Neals Integra

Arena - have been rumoured to be fater 2 BMW's, not seen anything new on this

Mark Smith - rumoured to be selling the Alfa, Keeping the Alfa, Buying a new car, and not returning?

Clyde Valley - heavily rumoured to be running 2 x Biofuel Chevvy Lacettis, some more sceptical, only new builds available at £500k, Dan Eaves to drive 1 if the team makes the grid

DW Racing - another team waiting for a budget to come off, possible Astra Coupe(s)

Rick Kerry - 1/2 x BMW 120d S2000, 1 ex VLN car and 1 possible new build, very possible for at least a one car entry

Erkut Kiz? - rumoured to want a seat, possibly a vauxhall, techspeed maybe?

Fiona Leggate - supposedly going for Seats next year, may yet return to BTCC

Gavin Smith - money but no seat at VX

how are we doing for firming up a few of these or any new rumours surfacing?

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 14:02
I think Nick Leason is planning on returning next season after entering the last few rounds of this one....

Captain VXR
5th December 2006, 17:55
JAS - they are an Italian WTCC team,Robinho...
Shouldn't it be JAG
Good rumour summary though

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 20:03
Seat - 2 x Leon, proabably Plato and Turner

I reckon Thompson will be there.

nicemms
5th December 2006, 22:08
I hope Thommo returns.

He was brilliant last season. Should be a title contendor if he enters.

Captain VXR
5th December 2006, 22:16
He doesn't have to return with SEAT though...
Maybe Vauxhall will develop a third car for him

SEATFreak
6th December 2006, 09:25
I don't know how well connected SEATSport UK (BTCC) is to SEATSport UK (WTCC) but as Thommo is out of contract would SEATSportUK (BTCC) have to resign him?

Another bit of talk I have heard that isn't on the first is Tom-Onslow-Cole is 85% through a deal that will see him go to Team RAC.

LiamM
6th December 2006, 09:59
Well if Thompson is out of contract with SEATSport UK which I expect he is, they can sign whoever they like, this may not include Thompson!

Mark
6th December 2006, 10:15
If he's not in the WTCC and can't see SEAT Sport BTCC not running him!

Robinho
6th December 2006, 13:15
JAS - they are an Italian WTCC team,Robinho...
Shouldn't it be JAG
Good rumour summary though

if thats all i messed up thats a miracle, considering it was all off the top if my head!

i can see Tom Onslow-Cole and the Seat Champ (was it Jonathon Adam?) both making the step up this year, as long as a few of the rumoured entires come off

LiamM
6th December 2006, 14:27
It was Mr Jackson

BTCC2
6th December 2006, 17:05
Tom Onslow-Cole definately deserves his chance.

100%hondafan
6th December 2006, 23:07
i would like to see

jackson
boardman
mussi
adam
blencowe
rivett
onslow cole
pead

all step up to btcc but the only one i can see stepping up is onslow cole

dwracing23
7th December 2006, 16:05
Just something I heard the other day - Alfa 147's - Works Deal??

Nothing to report on DW Racing - couple of guys are seriously looking at the opportunities I have shown them.

dwracing23
7th December 2006, 16:07
Also I think Mr Jones will make a huge impact this year - but not in the IS200, a new car to the grid - Anything you want to tell us Luvinit?? Ive just heard rumours that tell me this info.

MBailey06
7th December 2006, 16:54
I have just read that BTC Racing might be selling their Lexuses after seeing them in Autosport. I am guessing they are low on funds because it is also in drives available so they may not be on the grid next year even though they said they would.

cos
7th December 2006, 17:16
There's a horrendous misspelling of Priaulx in that ad! Some of the BTC guys post on the forum, so hopefully we'll get a better idea of what's going on there.

I also see that Dynamics have two Integras up for sale... John George presumably has the third one, but wasn't there talk of Richard Marsh buying one as well?

Alfa Fan
7th December 2006, 17:19
But isn't Marshs car an 05 one? The one Pinkney raced this year?

cos
7th December 2006, 17:22
Yes it is... I lose track of how many of those Integras there are! George has the ex-Neal 06 car (which is the Howell 05 car?)

Alfa Fan
7th December 2006, 17:24
AFAIK this is whats happened to the Integra

Car 1

2005 Matt Neal
2006 Mike Jordan
2007 Mike Jordan

Car 2

2005 Dan Eaves
2006 Dave Pinkney
2007 Richard Marsh

Car 3

2005 Gareth Howell
2006 Gareth Howell
2007 ???

Car 4

2006 Matt Neal
2007 John George

Car 5

2006 Gordon Shedden
2007 ???

And therefore its Cars 3 and 5 that are available.

Also heard a rumour that Eurotech may purchase Car 3 to run another driver in alongside Jordan.

Howells 2005 car was a hybrid between 2005/6 spec of the Integra I believe. I don't think Dynamics actually used in 2006 until mid-season, at which point it was upgraded to full 06 spec. Someone correct me if thats not accurate though.

thompp
7th December 2006, 17:48
Good post, Alfa, that has explained it very clearly now. Thanks.

Captain VXR
7th December 2006, 18:01
Whats this about Adam Jones in a new car, maybe Arena or an Audi.I hope BTC Racing do continue.

Alfa Fan
7th December 2006, 18:09
Only way BTC will continue is if they find an additional sponsor, or if they attract a pay driver to the team.

cos
7th December 2006, 20:12
Whats this about Adam Jones in a new car, maybe Arena or an Audi.I hope BTC Racing do continue.

Where's all this Audi talk coming from??

Captain VXR
7th December 2006, 20:13
Just speculation

cos
7th December 2006, 20:17
Given that
a) VW own Audi and SEAT
b) SEAT are downsizing their touring car projects
and
c) There are little/no S2000 Audis around

I would think Audi in the BTCC is unlikely.

AndySpeed
7th December 2006, 20:52
Just something I heard the other day - Alfa 147's - Works Deal??

Care to elaborate on this a little? How big is Alfa's market over here?

Alfa Fan
7th December 2006, 21:06
Quest Racing plan to run a pair of Alfa Romeo 156s in next year series.

They are planning to run a new driver alongside Eoin Murray.

So now Kartworld & Quest would appear to both have a pair of 156s.

MBailey06
7th December 2006, 22:34
Given that
a) VW own Audi and SEAT
b) SEAT are downsizing their touring car projects
and
c) There are little/no S2000 Audis around

I would think Audi in the BTCC is unlikely.

Audi was rumoured as an independent idea for WSR getting then from the STCC so it isn't works speculation.

PDS
7th December 2006, 22:42
AFAIK this is whats happened to the Integra

Car 1

2005 Matt Neal
2006 Mike Jordan
2007 Mike Jordan

Car 2

2005 Dan Eaves
2006 Dave Pinkney
2007 Richard Marsh

Car 3

2005 Gareth Howell
2006 Gareth Howell
2007 ???

Car 4

2006 Matt Neal
2007 John George

Car 5

2006 Gordon Shedden
2007 ???

And therefore its Cars 3 and 5 that are available.

Also heard a rumour that Eurotech may purchase Car 3 to run another driver in alongside Jordan.

Howells 2005 car was a hybrid between 2005/6 spec of the Integra I believe. I don't think Dynamics actually used in 2006 until mid-season, at which point it was upgraded to full 06 spec. Someone correct me if thats not accurate though.

You can check, but I heard that Matt Neal's car last year was #5 which is now owned by John George!

Apparently, it was Matts favorite chassis!

Alfa Fan
7th December 2006, 22:55
You can check, but I heard that Matt Neal's car last year was #5 which is now owned by John George!

Apparently, it was Matts favorite chassis!

Yeah, the car numbers were just generic.

tyreman2
7th December 2006, 23:21
Adam Jones will not be racing The Lexus in 2007 he has been in negotiation with several teams and hopes to announce his plans very soon

Pilfp
8th December 2006, 10:19
I very much hope he stays, hes oone of these rare drivers that give strength down the grid

Robinho
8th December 2006, 13:59
pity to hear the rumours about BTC, they were a welcome addition to the grid at the end of the last season and appeared to be showing improvement in the Lexus's, and they seemed very positive that they were going to be back on the grid this year, it seemed to me that all the pieces were in place, however it seems this is not the case and that they are struggling to make the grid, i hope the rumours are wrong and they do show up in 2007

Captain VXR
8th December 2006, 18:08
Would Quest's second driver be Mark Smith by any chance?

SEATFreak
9th December 2006, 20:48
I understand you all may know this already but I am a complete newbie to the WTCC but I see 2005 Independent Team title winners Weichers-Sport will be returning but with a whole new team and atleast one BMW 320i.

Bearing in mind I am a newbie, I see also Emmett O'Brien left midway through last season to find a better drive. Did Emmett find a drive and if not what are the chances of him being the driver to link up with Matyn Bell?

tin-top fan
9th December 2006, 21:42
O'brian managed to bag a drive with Gr Asia in the European Touring Car Cup, coming 2nd overall. With this in mind, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in the WTCC with GR Asia next season ( although thats just my guess so may or may not happnen)

Captain VXR
10th December 2006, 11:17
I would say Ryan Sharp would be more likely for that as he won the ETCC

SEATFreak
10th December 2006, 11:53
Would that tie in with the rumour I mentioned in the thread about SEAT's WTCC programme that getting in Dirk Muller and Rykard Rydell would form Honda's expansion of the WTCC programme with JAS?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=874

btracer
10th December 2006, 13:01
This is the BTCC rumours thread though.

Well WSR are selling there MG's which doesn't suprise me in the slightest. It will be interesting to see what they get now.

MBailey06
10th December 2006, 13:45
My initial thought was that they would go to Sweden to get some cars for next year Eg. Peugeot 407s or Audi A4s but now I am not so sure.

AndySpeed
10th December 2006, 15:22
For the development of a new car WSR have surely made some moves by now if they are to be in the BTCC for '07.

Captain VXR
10th December 2006, 18:15
For the development of a new car WSR have surely made some moves by now if they are to be in the BTCC for '07.

But have Vauxhall or Dynamics had any testing yet??
I think the BMW 1-series internals will have arrived by now as I remember RacerM5 saying they would arrive first week December.
The only person to have tested to my knowledge is John George.
WSR may well have already conducted private testswithout anyones knowledge and may well have some new touring cars in RAC colours. I do not remember them testing prior to the 2006 media day - the only teams that did so were VXRacing, Eurotech, Motorbase and Team Dynamics (that I remember).

tin-top fan
10th December 2006, 18:31
I think the BMW 1-series internals will have arrived by now as I remember RacerM5 saying they would arrive first week December.
WSR may well have already conducted private testswithout anyones knowledge and may well have some new touring cars in RAC colours. I do not remember them testing prior to the 2006 media day - the only teams that did so were VXRacing, Eurotech, Motorbase and Team Dynamics (that I remember).

VX-racing will show off a vectra-based s2000 car at the autosport show, presumably before heading off to Spain for testing. Remember that motorbase kind of tested their 2007 cars by running ferrier at silverstone, as have seat by running leons for the whole of last season.
I remeber that the first everyone knew about wsr's plans last season were when people saw autosport the day that there plans were anounced at the Autosport show. I can see this being quite a BTCC filled event this year...

Captain VXR
10th December 2006, 19:27
BTCC and Drift filled -look out for HKS Europe and EDC. If a test can be entering a race or two, how about BTC Racing and Daniels...
I really want to go to Autosport show, the entry price is worth it to see the new S2000 Vectra. A lot of BTCC announcments may be made like this year.
Will Dynamics and WSR be present???

Subaru WRX
10th December 2006, 19:28
lol a Vectra, like the one in DTM the previous year, the Playboy one !

tin-top fan
10th December 2006, 19:31
I would expect Team Rac, Team Halfords, VXRacing and Seat to be there. Last year I think that eurotech were there, and so was Leggate. Its from the Autosport show that a lot of the rumours start turning into facts.

Subaru WRX
10th December 2006, 19:38
for the 2007 season the BTCC will apply the S2000 regulation, so what about the older cars BTC, could they score points for the championships (drivers and temas) ?? as many privateers couldn't offrod a BMW 320si, an Alfa 156, or a Seat Leon
:cool:

Dickie L'Amour
10th December 2006, 19:48
for the 2007 season the BTCC will apply the S2000 regulation, so what about the older cars BTC, could they score points for the championships (drivers and temas) ?? as many privateers couldn't offrod a BMW 320si, an Alfa 156, or a Seat Leon
:cool:

It's already been confirmed (quite some time ago now) that those running BTC-T spec cars will only be eligible to challenge for the teams (outright) championship and also the independent drivers and teams titles. The drivers and manufacturers championships can only be won by a driver or manufacturer using S2000 machinery.

Subaru WRX
10th December 2006, 19:51
so if team Hallfords, continue with the Integra, both Matt Neil and Gordon Shedden could not be champions :D

Alfa Fan
10th December 2006, 19:55
TD will not run BTC-Touring Integras.

nicemms
10th December 2006, 20:50
TD are too big a title contendor to run btc spec cars. They will be racing S200 spec cars for sure.

Any ideas what though?

Captain VXR
10th December 2006, 21:30
honda Civic, Honda Accord, BMW 320si, Alfa Romeo 156 and distant chance of Chevrolet Lacetti. Even lower Leon and Vectra. :up:

nicemms
10th December 2006, 22:43
I was browsing the net and found colin turkington's mg for £75,000 ono.

Just thought you might like to know.
http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/6842.html

AndySpeed
11th December 2006, 00:09
honda Civic, Honda Accord, BMW 320si, Alfa Romeo 156 and distant chance of Chevrolet Lacetti. Even lower Leon and Vectra. :up:

Based upon how difficult the BMW's reportedly are to set up, and the potential availability of them, I doubt TD would use them.

TD built the Integra's that they used for '05 and '06. Are they building their own cars again or buying cars from other series running the S2000 rules?

I think you may have misunderstood me here. I was referring to the fact that WSR must have made some moves about the car they are going to use for next year, not moves as in general testing etc. However it's likely that we will find out at the earliest at the Autosport show. The period just before Christmas is not very popular for announcing next season's plans. We're really in the 'lull' at the moment.

Alfa Fan
11th December 2006, 00:56
Wonder whose bought the second of the WSR MGs that were put up for sale Initially there were two on offer and now theres only one.

MBailey06
11th December 2006, 09:01
This may be a real stab in the dark but the MG could have gone to someone like Mat Jackson or Tom Onslow Cole?

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 10:05
http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/6122.html
Is this out of date?

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 10:06
Peugeots
http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/6329.html
http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/6903.html

nicemms
11th December 2006, 10:10
http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/6122.html
Is this out of date?

I don't think so. I don't think anyone wants to buy them because of poor results.

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 10:13
But it is for sale from Speed Equipe when BTC Racing have them or did Speed Equipe make more than two?

Robinho
11th December 2006, 14:09
i think thats the old advert, i believe BTC bought them from Speedequipe (and there were only 2), although they are apparently up for sale again

tdb
11th December 2006, 21:13
the speed equipe cars are now the BTC racing cars. the advert on ,motorsportads is out of date.

Also it is actually only one car for sale, but if the advert in autosport is read correctly, you don't have to buy it to drive it in 07.

Alfa Fan
11th December 2006, 21:57
Presumably that means that BTC Racing aim to enter one of them. Hope its Stockton their planning to run, no offense to Dowling, but of the pair he looked the most promising.

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 22:53
I heard that Rick Kerry's mechanicles are ready for collection and that he cannot wait for 2007

Originally posted by racerm5 on Ten Tenths
The rest of the car is ready for collection so its off to munich next week.I still cant wait to get my hands on it around the track...
Rick, any news on the proposed second car? :up:

tdb
12th December 2006, 01:11
Presumably that means that BTC Racing aim to enter one of them. Hope its Stockton their planning to run, no offense to Dowling, but of the pair he looked the most promising.

As Stockton owns the cars, then your presumtion is correct!
I'm sure BTC would love to continue to run a 2 car squad, but have all the possibles in their advert to ensure both cars are there next season.

PDS
12th December 2006, 01:58
Chris Stockon is intending to get at least one Lexus on the grid for the first round at Brands Hatch come April 2007!

Captain VXR
12th December 2006, 18:03
Good on him, I wish him best of luck and that he can get both on the grid :up:

Captain VXR
13th December 2006, 22:31
Someone on the BTCC.net forum was certain Dynamics would be using Civics:

Originally posted by vectra5 (BTCC.net forum)
CIVIC. Thats all Im saying!

Captain VXR
13th December 2006, 22:34
HOT PRESS HOT PRESS!
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Bird-enjoys-maiden-touring-car-run-~cid~10~id~141287.htm
Good news for Kartworld if he can rent a car

tdb
13th December 2006, 22:41
i did post about this some time ago, it was on the 22nd of november.
we were there testing the black lexus.
it was then that Jason told me that they were buying 2 S2000 cars for him and Paul to run in 07.

Captain VXR
13th December 2006, 22:48
Did he tell you which ones or is it private?
Thanks for posting on here and giving us information. :up:
Proving me wrong about the Danish Chevrolets told me not to assume too.

Subaru WRX
14th December 2006, 05:34
why Honda did not back the Hallfords effort in the BTCC and JAS in the WTCC ? very strange as the 2 teams are doing very well, even with great competition !

Alfa Fan
14th December 2006, 05:54
Did he tell you which ones or is it private?
Thanks for posting on here and giving us information. :up:
Proving me wrong about the Danish Chevrolets told me not to assume too.

Think its Alfa 156s..

LiamM
14th December 2006, 10:22
why Honda did not back the Hallfords effort in the BTCC and JAS in the WTCC ? very strange as the 2 teams are doing very well, even with great competition !

Its cos Honda can take the reflective glory from the teams, the average onlooker will just see Matt Neal winning in a Honda Integra. It does the same job as if Honda was there doing the same job, and if TD do it its free for Honda

PDS
14th December 2006, 12:07
Think its Alfa 156s..

Is that an educated guess, or do you know he has them?

Dickie L'Amour
14th December 2006, 12:16
Its cos Honda can take the reflective glory from the teams, the average onlooker will just see Matt Neal winning in a Honda Integra. It does the same job as if Honda was there doing the same job, and if TD do it its free for Honda
True to a point, but there's nothing like having the word Honda in big letters down the side of the car or across the windscreen strip (like SEAT and Vauxhall) just to make sure people know. Honda are also unable to profit from/live off TD's success in way of advertising campaigns after the title has been won.

Alfa Fan
14th December 2006, 12:36
Is that an educated guess, or do you know he has them?

I don't know 100%, but I'm pretty certain their Alfas.

SEATFreak
14th December 2006, 14:50

True to a point, but there's nothing like having the word Honda in big letters down the side of the car or across the windscreen strip (like SEAT and Vauxhall) just to make sure people know. Honda are also unable to profit from/live off TD's success in way of advertising campaigns after the title has been won.

So, would you say then guys that the glory of TD's success will be more reflective to Halfords given Halfords was the dominant sponsor name on the Integras's and not Honda? Yes, TD ran Honda's but if it is glory through being evident we are talking about, then Halfords is the name most of us will recall as far as names on the car is concerned.

Dickie L'Amour
14th December 2006, 17:02
I'd say Halfords have taken far more glory from it as they have been able to exploit their participation in the BTCC to the full, eg. filling its stores with TD/Halfords posters/fliers and a race tracks etc. thus promoting themselves as having a very sporty, professional image to many thousands (millions?) of walk-in customers throughout the year. Most people into motoring will probably know it's a Honda (not guaranteed as it's not a model on sale in the UK) but that bracket of people will only make up a per centage of all Halfords customers. And sorry I don't what per centage!

tdb
14th December 2006, 19:51

Actually, Honda Uk did give some backing to TD.
I spoke with Honda UK at the start of the season on Mark Proctor's behalf and was told, (quote)"All our efforts are currently being put into our F1 Project and as we are already supplying BTCC Team dynamics with some backing and team vehicles, we are unable to help you at this time, good luck with your racing"(un-quote.)

racerm5
14th December 2006, 23:44
originally posted by captain vxr
Rick, any news on the proposed second car?
No big news yet,it will depend on sponsorship but companies arent thinking of much apart from christmas at the moment.If all goes well a second car will be out during 2007 but i think we will get the deal late on.The parts are ready for collection as from today but ive been ill for a couple of days and im behind at work.But if we cant make next week then Munich are shut till 8th of Jan.
I will keep you posted but at the moment the painted shell is with west suffolk racing and we are talking to lots of potential sponsors...thanks Rick

100%hondafan
14th December 2006, 23:49
glad to here all is going well rick i look forward to seeing your btcc racer next year

will be intresting to see how it goes compared to the other manufacture developed card

Honda gave TD backing when ??? i didnt see no honda on the car apart from the badges

tdb
15th December 2006, 00:50
Honda gave TD backing when ??? i didnt see no honda on the car apart from the badges

oops! there i go again, nearly getting sucked in by a kid that knows little about what really goes on!

cookingfat
15th December 2006, 01:38

And, the logic behind that statement is?

tisme
15th December 2006, 01:42
And, the logic behind that statement is?

I think he means.

i didnt see any honda on the car apart from the badges

Subaru WRX
15th December 2006, 06:11
Thats true, there is no sign that Honda is backing Hallfords

racer69
15th December 2006, 07:35
Just because there is no 'Honda' on the car doesn't mean anything. For starters everyone knows it is a Honda Integra....

SEATFreak
15th December 2006, 09:24
I'd say Halfords have taken far more glory from it as they have been able to exploit their participation in the BTCC to the full, eg. filling its stores with TD/Halfords posters/fliers and a race tracks etc. thus promoting themselves as having a very sporty, professional image to many thousands (millions?) of walk-in customers throughout the year. Most people into motoring will probably know it's a Honda (not guaranteed as it's not a model on sale in the UK) but that bracket of people will only make up a per centage of all Halfords customers. And sorry I don't what per centage!

It is just I noticed in one ad Halfords run, they had on it a TV you can put in your car like a SatNav device. The bit of film they had on it to demonstrate is use was all three Team Dynamics cars in a line at what must have been Brands although where is not important. But I was wondering if seeing a tiny clip of a BTCC race with all three TD cars in a line was in some way important to how Halfords see their role in TD.

But regarding the other issue of TD and Honda support, I thought with the Integra not being a model sold here Honda couldn't lend any direct facory backing? Techical help maybe, but not direct factory help.

Robinho
15th December 2006, 14:27
its good to read that BTC aren't selling both Lexus's, or even one if someone can come up with the cash for the drive,

also happy to read that Rick Kerry's preparations for at least one car are still going well, i hope you manage to get the 2nd car out too Rick, and get well soon enough to get to Munich at get the parts before the new year!

as for Honda, i'm sure they were able to lend a little financial assistance, like said before in terms of team vehicles etc, but unable to register as a Honda backed effort for the championship. that way the Honda brand was able to be seen and be successful in the BTCC with little input from Honda, but Honda obviously would like to help out enough to help TD run well so as to not diminish the Honda brand.

mattie007
15th December 2006, 17:05
If one WSR MG has been sold, my guess is Rob Collard has brought it to run on his own.
My other guess is WSR will run Turks and TOC in S2000 spec cars.
If Jason Hughes has just 1 Alfa, I wonder what chance ther eis of Paul Bird running the Kartworld MG?

Alfa Fan
15th December 2006, 17:10
Hughes has TWO Super 2000 cars.

Captain VXR
15th December 2006, 17:27
Good luck Rick, I hope you can make it to Munich quickly. I cannot wait to see the car(s) on the BTCC grid, hopefully showing VXRacing and SEAT that you do not need a huge budget to win the BTCC championship.

Alfabeta2
15th December 2006, 18:00
The only support that team dynamics have had from Honda is the supply of Honda FRV's that the team drive around in. All Hondas motorsport marketing budget goes into F1!

hovever if you beleive certain rumours this may be about to change.

BT 96
16th December 2006, 22:14
I can tell you,it's
Good news for BTC Racing, Chris as signed a 2 year deal to drive for them today, and also its good news on the second car, they have been inundated
with drivers looking for a drive, so the BTCC grids could be full up next season.

Nick The Flick
16th December 2006, 22:21
With the way some board members see evrything, If Dynamics were to run a milk float in the 2007 season, you'd be on here typing away that it isn't fair and they get secret backing from Cravendale.

By the way, as far as I know, Dynamics aren't running a milk float, or even a zamboni for next year, so don't quote me on it.

Ian McC
16th December 2006, 22:26
With the way some board members see evrything, If Dynamics were to run a milk float in the 2007 season, you'd be on here typing away that it isn't fair and they get secret backing from Cravendale.

By the way, as far as I know, Dynamics aren't running a milk float, or even a zamboni for next year, so don't quote me on it.

It's true, Steve Neal has been ordering extra gold top I tell you ;) :p :

PDS
17th December 2006, 01:37
I can tell you,it's
Good news for BTC Racing, Chris as signed a 2 year deal to drive for them today, and also its good news on the second car, they have been inundated
with drivers looking for a drive, so the BTCC grids could be full up next season.

Thats great news Bert.. It will be good to see you and the gang out again!

VkmSpouge
17th December 2006, 02:14
Good news that Stockton will be around. He was pretty impressive in that Lexus at Brands Hatch.

@ Nick, A pair of bright orange milkfloats going 140mph around Thruxton would have been a sight to see :D

MBailey06
17th December 2006, 11:12
Thats great news about Stockton, when will we know who the second driver will be?

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 14:44
I can tell you,it's

YES, I hope Dowling/Curley/Williams get the drive.

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 14:46
@ Nick, A pair of bright orange milkfloats going 140mph around Thruxton would have been a sight to see :D

A triplet, Don't forget Howell and Shedden should have a full season drive alongide neal.

MBailey06
17th December 2006, 14:51
I hope the second lexus goes to a seat cupra driver or clio cup driver like Paul Rivett or Carl Breeze.

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 15:20
I hope the second lexus goes to a seat cupra driver or clio cup driver like Paul Rivett or Carl Breeze.

It depends on who can bring money and speed. A rare opportunity to get a S2000 drive as most are full up:
VXRacing 2 Vectras Chilton and Giovanardi
Kartworld 2 156s Hughes and Bird (unconfirmed)
Quest 2 156s Murray and maybe Smith (speculation)
SEAT Sport UK 2/3 Leons Plato, Turner and Thommo (speculation)
etc
I expect that someone will make their BTCC debut in the Farecla Peugeot (speculation) and there is a chance of more than one team running a Peugeot (what I have been told). I know who the team is but it is secret.
This is hopefully going to be permanent sight in the BTCC pits between races mingling with many famous teams:
http://www.btcracing.co.uk/brands-4.jpg
And this:
http://www.btcracing.co.uk/brands-1.jpg

Funks
17th December 2006, 15:30
Nothing is a secret in motorsport. Somebody somewhere knows information that isn't supposed to be in the public domain.

I'm told that Mr Curley is to have meetings very soon to decide on any involvement for 2007. Perhaps a Motorbase Toledo is an option there.

BTCC2
17th December 2006, 17:28
What did Curley do in 2006???

Alfa Fan
17th December 2006, 17:29
Nothing.

VkmSpouge
17th December 2006, 18:10
I thought Curley did some club racing?

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 18:19
what about the BMW 1 series that will compete in BTCC next year, is it supported from the BMW British dealer ?

Alfa Fan
17th December 2006, 18:21
No

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 18:27
so why competing with an unknown car rather than using a world champion one the 320si ??

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 18:55
Cheaper, different, easier to get hold of and more suited to british circuits perhaps. The 320si has only competed in the UK at the Brands WTCC so would be just as challenging. Arena may well be getting some 320si race cars for the UK though so you may end up seeing 3 models of BMW racing - 120d, 320i (e46) and 320si (e90)

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 19:23
in 2007 is it possible to see BTCC cars running with the WTCC at Brands Hatch, like the German ADAC Pro Car had done at Oschesrleben ?

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 19:26
If any team wanted to, they could. It would be interesting to see BTC Racing and VXRacing at the Brands WTCC.

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 19:32
against the top international teams !! it will be great to watch. but is there any chance to see VX Racing or Hallfords winning against Schnitzer, Seat or even RML Chevrolet ?

Allyc85
17th December 2006, 19:50
i dont see why not, BTCC cars are prepared to the same standards and rules.

racer69
17th December 2006, 20:12
And of course remember back to 1988 when Andy Rouse in his BTCC Sierra beat the ETCC regulars at the Silverstone TT.

Would any BTCC teams racing in the WTCC round be allowed, considering the testing restrictions?

And if it was possible, would VXR with whatever car they race be allowed to compete, as isn't the VXR entry only going to be a 'local' Super2000 homologation, rather than homologated through the regular FIA procedures?

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 20:14
for sure VX, Seat UK and Hallfords can do great things and why not RAC but the others, frankly are far from the top international level

MBailey06
17th December 2006, 20:49
I think it you can add Mike Jordan to that list as well, because some of his performances this year have been outstanding.

tdb
17th December 2006, 20:52
i fail to understand how you can say that!
At present Seat are the only team on your list with a proven S2000 car.

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 21:12
yes it will be a great outsider ! with his spec-Integra

100%hondafan
17th December 2006, 21:21
jordan couldnt race his integra in the wtcc race car is not to the rules at all.

Subaru WRX
17th December 2006, 21:29
jordan couldnt race his integra in the wtcc race car is not to the rules at all.
completely forgot this one :D

MBailey06
17th December 2006, 22:18
No I mean in a WTCC spec car, he would just as good as he is in the Integra.

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 22:19
Eoin Murray has a proven 156 as do Kartworld. VXRacing could enter the WTCC as Opel if the FIA will only let them enter like that.

tdb
17th December 2006, 22:27
As has been said on numerous occasions and is the case with many manufacturers. GM would not want their brands competing against each other.

tisme
17th December 2006, 22:32
VXRacing could enter the WTCC as Opel if the FIA will only let them enter like that.
Couldnt Vauxhall race as Chevrolets? They are GM. Before they were chevies they were Deawoos, which were re-badged vauxhalls anyway.

Captain VXR
17th December 2006, 22:39
As has been said on numerous occasions and is the case with many manufacturers. GM would not want their brands competing against each other.

I only said it would be interesting to see and in Sweden there will be a Chevrolet vs Opel battle next year so never say never. I do not think they would mind a one off VXRacing entry at Brands Hatch. Tisme - VXRacing/888 wouldn't buy some Chevies for one race but if the Clyde Valley planned BTCC entry happens, maybe they will enter the WTCC for some races.

tisme
17th December 2006, 22:51
Tisme - VXRacing/888 wouldn't buy some Chevies for one race but if the Clyde Valley planned BTCC entry happens, maybe they will enter the WTCC for some races.

At what point did I talk about Vauxhall buying Chevrolets????

Someone else who doesn't read posts properly!!! And, you obviously have forgotten the posts from TDB about Clyde Valley as well!!

PDS
17th December 2006, 23:00
Tisme - VXRacing/888 wouldn't buy some Chevies for one race but if the Clyde Valley planned BTCC entry happens, maybe they will enter the WTCC for some races.

And, can't spot the IRONY in his post either, me thinks....

MBailey06
18th December 2006, 08:51
And you obviously have forgotten what chrisboy said as he was adamant that Clyde Valley would be on the grid next year, but it seemed that it wouldn't be with Chevys, so I'm guessing he knows something.

racer77
18th December 2006, 13:49
Cant help but feeling most of the rumours are far wide of the mark regarding nxt year sorry ! Having spoken to a lot of people who are involved with teams and so on Pretty sure if TD are continuing with a honda it will be with JAS built Accords to late to develop the new civic although that would probably be the ideal choice.Dont think we will have the arena BMW,s more likely a factory team in08.Quite sure Kartworld have not got any S2000 cars and more than likely wont be getting any. Vauxhall will run a Vectra S2000, and i will guarantee there will not be the constant 30 car grids we are all dreaming of 20/25 max there is just not enough drivers around with £150,000 to £250,000 in the bank.

PDS
18th December 2006, 14:36
Cant help but feeling most of the rumours are far wide of the mark regarding nxt year sorry ! Having spoken to a lot of people who are involved with teams and so on Pretty sure if TD are continuing with a honda it will be with JAS built Accords to late to develop the new civic although that would probably be the ideal choice.Dont think we will have the arena BMW,s more likely a factory team in08.Quite sure Kartworld have not got any S2000 cars and more than likely wont be getting any. Vauxhall will run a Vectra S2000, and i will guarantee there will not be the constant 30 car grids we are all dreaming of 20/25 max there is just not enough drivers around with £150,000 to £250,000 in the bank.

Welcome Racer77. Someone else who lives in the real world!

tyreman2
18th December 2006, 17:54
Except for the 150-200k that wouldn't get you very far at all :rolleyes:

Alfabeta2
18th December 2006, 18:04
150-200 is not too far off the mark if you are just talking about running costs for a year .
but you would easily spend all of that on buying a decent car to run.

MBailey06
18th December 2006, 18:13
I wouldn't dismiss the Arena rumour just yet considering Mike Earle said that he was very close to getting hold of BMWs just a couple of weeks ago. I think we should wait until February/March until any rumour with some meaning can be dismissed when the season is near to starting.

Captain VXR
18th December 2006, 18:38
Maybe Arena will be at Autosport?

chrisyboy
18th December 2006, 19:12
So what and who is confirmed then?

Plato 4 Title
18th December 2006, 19:19
i thought you knew chrisboy - you keep telling us who will and wont drive what in 2007 lol - btw only 14 weeks 5 days until btcc 2007

chrisyboy
18th December 2006, 19:21
I have my information yes, im just fishing lol

nicemms
18th December 2006, 22:00
When can you tell it to us then?

tdb
18th December 2006, 22:02
Probably when he finds out if it is true or not!

Captain VXR
18th December 2006, 22:14
Or when he is allowed to.

chrisyboy
19th December 2006, 12:38
When im allowed to and when i get my pics sorted because people will want proof!!

nicemms
19th December 2006, 12:47
Thats quite true. I guess we'll all have to be patient and wait a while. Thanks in Advance.

chrisyboy
19th December 2006, 17:15
Is it time to start a confirmed thread yet?

Captain VXR
19th December 2006, 17:57
Yes it is, unless there will be a huge unveilling at Autosport.

tin-top fan
19th December 2006, 18:08
I think it certainly is time for a confirmed list- something stickied at the top of the page with the confirmed stuff in, which is then updated as new info comes along. All the discussion can then be kept in this thread

cookingfat
19th December 2006, 20:11
I can tell you,it's
Good news for BTC Racing, Chris as signed a 2 year deal to drive for them today,

How can this be???? Why would he sign a 2 year deal to drive for the team?

Chris owns the team!

Is he paying himself to drive?

Robinho
19th December 2006, 20:15
How can this be???? Why would he sign a 2 year deal to drive for the team?

Chris owns the team!

Is he paying himself to drive?

does he? i thought Chris owned the cars, to be run by BTC racing (owned by Bert Taylor, the BT in BTC?) although i may be way off the mark as thats just the way i remember reading it!

tdb
19th December 2006, 20:26
does he? i thought Chris owned the cars, to be run by BTC racing (owned by Bert Taylor, the BT in BTC?) although i may be way off the mark as thats just the way i remember reading it!

Correct Robinho.

I'm sure BT96 will appear and confirm this to the folk who don't beleive what i post.

Captain VXR
19th December 2006, 20:57
He probably signed a deal that BTC Racing RUN the cars seeing as that is what TDB is sure about and he is in the motorsport industry so will know more things first.

PDS
20th December 2006, 00:04

BTC Racing is owned by Bert Taylor and Chris Stockton!

Chris is Team Principle and on race days, Bert is the Team Manager!

You can find confirmation of this on their website http://www.btcracing.co.uk/

Robinho
20th December 2006, 14:07
that'll do for me! i was close, and i guess that between them all they have brought enough funds to the team to take one oft he drives for 2 years, hence the comment that Chris has signed a 2 year deal with the (partly his) team

tisme
21st December 2006, 01:16
There seems to be a few changes on the motorsportpedia site for 2007..

http://www.motorsportpedia.com/index.php/2007_BTCC_Season

MBailey06
21st December 2006, 08:45
I guess the site forgot about Shane Lynch joining ASCAR then, I wouldn't take too much notice of this site because many of that stuff I have not heard and I am not led to believe, such as the Ford rumour and the two German marques. It would be nice to see all of this but I very much doubt it will all be there by the time we get to March/April at the start of the season.

MBailey06
21st December 2006, 08:48
I would also like to add where on earth did the Dave Pinkney reportedly looking at an Alfa 156 rumour come from. Considering he is very likely to be driving a Toledo why would he look at getting another car?

Neil Adams
21st December 2006, 14:17
just seen this on the quest racing website,

"For next season we are planning to run 2 Alfa 156 N Technology cars. Eoin Murray will be driving one car while the other driver has yet to be finalised"

Alfa Fan
21st December 2006, 14:43
Yeah, was noted a while ago, on the old forum I think.

tisme
21st December 2006, 22:06
I would also like to add where on earth did the Dave Pinkney reportedly looking at an Alfa 156 rumour come from.

That has been on the motorsportpedia site for a long time now!

Considering he is very likely to be driving a Toledo why would he look at getting another car?

Who's Toledo will he be driving? Is it confirmed?

MBailey06
21st December 2006, 22:11
Its likely he will be driving for Motorbase like he has been the whole of this year.

tisme
21st December 2006, 22:26
Its likely he will be driving for Motorbase like he has been the whole of this year.

I didn't realise he is a confirmed driver with Motorbase.

Will Motorbase be the only team running Seat Toledos in 2007?

PDS
22nd December 2006, 01:33
I didn't realise he is a confirmed driver with Motorbase.No, He is not!

Will Motorbase be the only team running Seat Toledos in 2007?
Unlikely!

MBailey06
22nd December 2006, 09:26
I never said confirmed, I said it is likely! considering that he drove for them this year, like I said before.

Captain VXR
22nd December 2006, 12:18
Unlikely!

Enlighten me on this please, or is it speculation?

PDS
22nd December 2006, 18:46
At the moment it is my personal opinion!

But... lets wait and see what news Santa brings!

Captain VXR
22nd December 2006, 20:36
Well if GR Asia still have their's and as they are a British race team (I think) they could sell them on.

MBailey06
22nd December 2006, 22:19
Perhaps a team like Kartworld could get them - it's unlikely but its a possibility with all sorts of rumours flying about at the moment.

Funks
22nd December 2006, 23:03
If it hasn't been bought already, somebody really ought to go and get this for christmas and get it sorted for the season.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/photos/dsc01379_medium.jpg

Iain
23rd December 2006, 00:00
I saw that earlier. Stunning. I'd like to see teams being inventive and building their own cars like that.

Alfa Fan
23rd December 2006, 00:04
If I had the money, I would :)

According to the website, its already in Super 2000 spec, so it could quite concievably be entered.

Would be lovely to see it going up against the BMW 1-Series.

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 09:39
*Cough* Hurry up Alfa UK and buy the 147, using it as a works BTCC car. *Cough*
There's a couple of BTCC-T spec Peugeots knocking about too.
I could see Clyd Valley/ DW Racing in that Alfa

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 10:26
The current word on James Kaye is that he will develop a super 2000 new Civic. I remember an Auto Express article last year saying he will use a car from the Swindon Honda factory, almost certainly the Civic as it and the CRV are the only Honda models made there.

tyreman2
23rd December 2006, 10:47
Well if GR Asia still have their's and as they are a British race team (I think) they could sell them on.

GR Asia Toledo's where leased from Seat (Spain) so they can't sell them
I don't think Pinkney will race with motorbase I believe he is either setting up his own team or finding somebody else to run his S2000 car.
Mark Smith is upping the spec of his Alfa and will continue with the same car next year

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 12:53
Do you know what S2000 car it is?
PM me if you want to keep it private.

tisme
23rd December 2006, 12:58
Do you know what S2000 car it is?
PM me if you want to keep it private.

Let me guess??

I would also like to add where on earth did the Dave Pinkney reportedly looking at an Alfa 156 rumour come from.

Allyc85
23rd December 2006, 13:19
im not a fan of small hatchbacks in the BTCC but that Alfa looks stunning! *not to self, do lottery*

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 13:52
I hope Dave buys the 147 as he raced one in 2001

tdb
23rd December 2006, 14:14
According to the website, its already in Super 2000 spec, so it could quite concievably be entered.

Errrm........ Only 2 doors! so no it can't be entered in S2000.

PDS
23rd December 2006, 14:19
I hope Dave buys the 147 as he raced one in 2001

It needs to be a lot better than his previous 147!

SEATFreak
23rd December 2006, 15:29
So concievably we could have 4 teams running 6 156's between them if all the reports relating to the car comes true.

In-Front Motorsport/Mark Smith who will seem to have Eoin Murray's Quest Racing 156, Quest Racing with two former N.Technology 156's with Eoin Murray and an un-named Driver, Dave Pinkney and Kartworld running two with Jason Hughes and an un-named Driver.

Appoligies if it has been mentioned already but where is Dave Pinkney and especially Kartworld as they are looking at two from the WTCC (when Quest are also looking at two N.Technology 156's), looking at getting the cars from? I see DB Motorsport run two 156's.

Subaru WRX
23rd December 2006, 15:44
...Quest Racing with two former N.Technology 156's with Eoin Murray and an un-named Driver...
who are they ??

tisme
23rd December 2006, 15:47
Dave Pinkney and Kartworld running two with Jason Hughes and an un-named Driver.

Sorry Seatfreak, Do you mean David Pinkney is running two cars? or do you mean Pinkney and Kartworld total two??

I dont understand your comment, can you explain what you mean?

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 17:15

He could get dispensation like the WTCC Toyota which contested one race. John George had a 3-door Civic Type-R which was S2000 so he must have got dispensation.

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 17:19
Sorry Seatfreak, Do you mean David Pinkney is running two cars? or do you mean Pinkney and Kartworld total two??

I dont understand your comment, can you explain what you mean?

I think he means one for Dave, two for Kartworld. Dave could be joining either Kartworld or Quest as they are going to run two. Mark Smith's Alfa and the STCC one could have been bought.
Quest 1 2005 spec, one 2006
In Front same as this year just with upgrades
Kartworld 2 2006
Dave ex STCC
That's my guess
Anyone know if Mark's car is an updated GTA or a newer one?

MBailey06
23rd December 2006, 18:36
That means that there may be a spare seat at Motorbase if Tom Ferrier gets the first one. What are the chances that James Pickford could get the second SEAT on account of the fact he has had previous experience in the car.

VkmSpouge
23rd December 2006, 18:36
So concievably we could have 4 teams running 6 156's between them if all the reports relating to the car comes true.

It's highly unlikely that all these rumours coming to pass.

In-Front Motorsport/Mark Smith who will seem to have Eoin Murray's Quest Racing 156, Quest Racing with two former N.Technology 156's with Eoin Murray and an un-named Driver, Dave Pinkney and Kartworld running two with Jason Hughes and an un-named Driver.

So far in this off-season I've heard that Mark Smith is
1). Planning to buy a new car
2). That he's planning to run the Alfa he had this year
3). That he's not going to run at all.
The old rumour mill has been spinning around so much with Mark Smith.

Not entirely sure where the "Pinkney buying a 156" rumour has appeared from.

It's always interesting to see how rumours develop over time as boredom takes hold with fans deprived of real news. Can't wait for the Autosport Show in a few weeks so (hopefully) we can have some real news to digest rather than these shadows.

MBailey06
23rd December 2006, 18:41
I questionned the "Pinkney Alfa 156" rumour as well because it just appeared from nowhere and everyone seems to think it is going to happen. I'm just going to wait until the autosport show when some of the rumours are put to rest.

MBailey06
23rd December 2006, 18:44
Also I am wondering whether WSR have bought some replacements or have sold their MGs because their advert in Autosport has gone.

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 19:08
It's highly unlikely that all these rumours coming to pass.
It's always interesting to see how rumours develop over time as boredom takes hold with fans deprived of real news. Can't wait for the Autosport Show in a few weeks so (hopefully) we can have some real news to digest rather than these shadows.

I reckon a lot of these 'rumours' are speculation. Still fun though.
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance006.gif Let's party :D

tdb
23rd December 2006, 19:11
WSR will be running the 2 S2000 cars that they have.

Kartworld do not have Alfa 156's. they do, however have 2 S2000 cars.

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 20:06
It's a shame we don't have the same interest by works teams

PDS, love the sig :D

Iain
23rd December 2006, 20:17
Also I am wondering whether WSR have bought some replacements or have sold their MGs because their advert in Autosport has gone.

The Dynamics advert has gone as well though. Probably down to the expense of advertising in Autosport than anything else.

Alfa Fan
23rd December 2006, 20:44

Two pieces of good news :) I really wonder what cars Kartworld have, because there isn't a whole lot of choice when it comes to S2000, so if it isn't Alfas or Chevrolets, then it must be BMW or SEAT, presuming they've got "standard" Super 2000 cars (ie, main WTCC ones)

Alfa Fan
23rd December 2006, 20:45
The Dynamics advert has gone as well though. Probably down to the expense of advertising in Autosport than anything else.

Either that or they've sold.....

I've heard several rumours that suggest that the WSR MGs have been sold.

Allyc85
23rd December 2006, 21:08
cant it be entered under local rules?

MBailey06
23rd December 2006, 22:10
Probably not with WSR because they want to challenge for the title so they wouldn't be allowed to use the MGs.

SEATFreak
24th December 2006, 10:18
I think he means one for Dave, two for Kartworld.

I did yes. I have been told it makes grammatical sense that when structuring a list of things like I did you don't put a comma after the penultimate one. But, although far from certain, if Dave will be racing a 156 with Kartworld (which as it turn out may not even have them), or Quest and not running one by himself from the STCC, then my point could be invalid.

Moving on, throwing one name into the ring as a possible S2000 car for Team RAC, what about a Honda Civic? Steve Neal wouldn't have mentioned the possibility of Honda Civic's if it wasn't S2000 spec. But I struggle to think where they could have come from.

MBailey06
24th December 2006, 10:55
Why would RAC use a Civic? Team Dynamics (if they use the Civic) were going to make them from scratch. I doubt RAC would use it anyway. I don't know why but I don't think they will.

SEATFreak
24th December 2006, 11:58
Like 100% of my posts it was only a guess. I am the only one that uses guesswork because I am the only one that has to use guesswork and guesswork only to form posts. You should all have long realised that. I don't regret making it really. Regrets just make you a socaially weaker person.

I realise now that it would be hard for Team RAC to get Civic's as TD I am guessing may be the only team in the BTCC to build them from scratch if they do decide to go with it. But not at the time. I did have an opinion two teams top Independent teams (WSR & TD) running the same car may cause rivalry between the two though.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 13:18

Will any of these be a new make/model of car to enter the BTCC? :up:

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 13:38
I could see Dynamics in Chevrolets - not likely though.
Can anyone do a Photoshop perhaps using:
1. http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/album84/MG_9145W and
http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/album74/MG_3399w (Dynamics Chevrolet Lacetti)
http://www.touringcarnews.net/news/stcc06051516.jpg and
http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/album81/489D8586w (RAC Audi A4)
That was the best picture of an Audi A4 I could find, sorry if the BMW in the background gets in the way.

Funks
24th December 2006, 14:27

Whoops. Didn't spot that. However, didn't a 2 door Toyota Corolla appear briefly in the WTCC this year? Or was it the ETC cup thing? Or both?

Damn these minor regulation details. Just bang another 2 doors in it. :p :
Or give it special dispensation.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 14:38
The Corolla entered both and JAS used to use 3-door Civics before the Accords. Something tells me that Honda Sweden entered a CTR in 2005's WTCC and that GR Asia used Civics in 2004.
Do you remember the green Focusii of 2005 and the one that got written off? they were all 3 doors as were the Focusii of 2005's ETCC at Vallelunga. The 2004 ETCC 307(s) may have been 3 door too.
Quite a few 3 door cars here http://www.fiatouringcars.com/2k4/?callpage=press/gallery/include_GalleryV3Details.asp&nome=valencia&id=9#
Page 2 http://www.fiatouringcars.com/2k4/Default.asp?pagId=3&pagSize=12&callpage=press%2Fgallery%2Finclude%5FGalleryV3Deta ils%2Easp&nome=valencia&id=9#
Entry List for 2004 ETCC
1 AutoDelta Squadra Corse Gabriele Tarquini (ITA) Alfa Romeo 156
2 AutoDelta Squadra Corse Fabrizio Giovanardi (ITA) Alfa Romeo 156
3 AutoDelta Squadra Corse Augusto Farfus jr. (BRA) Alfa Romeo 156
4 BMW Team Italy-Spain Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) BMW 320i
5 BMW Team Italy-Spain Antonio García (ESP) BMW 320i
6 AutoDelta Squadra Corse James Thompson (GBR) Alfa Romeo 156
7 SEAT Sport Italia Gianni Morbidelli (ITA) SEAT Toledo Cupra
8 SEAT Sport Rickard Rydell (SWE) SEAT Toledo Cupra
9 SEAT Sport Jordi Gené (ESP) SEAT Toledo Cupra
10 SEAT Sport Frank Diefenbacher (GER) SEAT Toledo Cupra
11 BMW Team Great Britain Andy Priaulx (GBR) BMW 320i
12 BMW Team Belgium-Luxembourg Kurt Mollekens (BEL) BMW 320i
14 JAS Motorsport Alessandro Balzan (ITA) * Honda Accord Euro R
16 GR Asia Simon Harrison (GBR) * Honda Civic Type-R 3 door
17 GR Asia Toni R. Ruokonen (FIN) * Honda Civic Type-R 3 door
18 RS-Line Rotpunkt Sport Sebastian Grunert (GER) * Ford Focus ST170 3 door
19 RS-Line Rotpunkt Sport Roland Asch (GER) * Ford Focus ST170 3 door
20 Carly Motors Tom Coronel (NED) * BMW 320i
21 Carly Motors Paulien Zwart (NED) * BMW 320i
22 Carly Motors Klaas Zwart (NED) * BMW 320i
23 Peugeot Sport Engineering Jan Magnussen (DEN) Peugeot 307 Gti 3 door
24 Peugeot Sport Engineering Jason Watt (DEN) Peugeot 307 Gti 3 door
25 Proteam Motorsport Stefano D´Aste (ITA) * BMW 320i
26 Carly Motors Duncan Huisman (NED) BMW 320i
27 Crawford Racing Carl Rosenblad (SWE) * BMW 320i
28 RS-Line Rotpunkt Sport Thomas Klenke (GER) * Ford Focus ST170 3 door
29 Peugeot Sport Engineering Sandro Sardelli (ITA) * Peugeot 307 Gti 3 door
42 BMW Team Deutschland Jörg Müller (GER) BMW 320i
43 BMW Team Deutschland Dirk Müller (GER) BMW 320i
44 Oregon Team Salvatore Tavano (ITA) * Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
45 Oregon Team Michele Bartyan (AUT) * Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
46 Oregon Team Luca Rangoni (ITA) * Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
WTCC 2006
N° Driver Team Car
1 Andy Priaulx (GBR) BMW Team UK BMW 320si
2 Gabriele Tarquini (ITA) SEAT Sport Italia SEAT León
3 Rickard Rydell (SWE) SEAT Sport Sverige SEAT
4 Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) BMW Italy-Spain BMW 320si
5 Marcel Costa (ESP) BMW Italy-Spain BMW 320si
6 Robert Huff (GBR) Chevrolet Lacetti
7 Nicola Larini (ITA) Chevrolet Lacetti
8 Alain Menu (SUI) Chevrolet Lacetti
9 Jordi Gené (ESP) SEAT Sport España SEAT León
10 Peter Terting (GER) SEAT Sport Deutschland SEAT León
11 James Thompson (GBR) SEAT Sport UK SEAT León
12 Yvan Muller (FRA) SEAT Sport France SEAT León
14 Florian Gruber (GER) SEAT Sport Deutschland SEAT León
15 Augusto Farfus Jr (BRA) N. Technology Alfa Romeo 156
16 Gianni Morbidelli (ITA) N. Technology Alfa Romeo 156
18 Salvatore Tavano (ITA) N. Technology Alfa Romeo 156
19 Maurizio Ceresoli * (ITA) GR Asia SEAT León
20 Tom Coronel * (NED) GR Asia SEAT León
21 Oscar Nogués Farré (ESP) SEAT Sport España SEAT León
23 Pierre-Yves Corthals * (BEL) JAS Motorsport Honda Accord Euro R
24 Ryan Sharp * (GBR) JAS Motorsport Honda Accord Euro R
25 Fabrizio Giovanardi (ITA) JAS Motorsport Honda Accord Euro R
30 Luca Rangoni * (ITA) Proteam Motorsport BMW 320si
31 Stefano D'Aste * (ITA) Proteam Motorsport BMW 320i
32 Oscar Alberto Hidalgo Forcelledo* (MEX) Wiechers-Sport BMW 320i
33 Emmet O'Brien * (IRL) Wiechers-Sport BMW 320i
34 Diego Romanini * (ITA) Wiechers-Sport BMW 320i
35 Jan Vonka* (CZE) Wiechers-Sport BMW 320i
36 Lucas Molo * (BRA) Equipe TekProm Alfa Romeo 156
37 Rainer Bastuck* (GER) Maurer Motorsport Chevrolet Lacetti
38 Vincent Radermecker* (BEL) Maurer Motorsport Chevrolet Lacetti
39 Phillip Geipel* (GER) TFS Yaco Racing Toyota Corolla T-Sport 3 door
40 Jan Magnussen (DEN) BMW Team UK BMW 320si
41 Duncan Huisman (NED) BMW Italy-Spain BMW 320si
42 Jörg Müller (GER) BMW Team Germany BMW 320si
43 Dirk Müller (GER) BMW Team Germany BMW 320si
44 Jiří Janák * (CZE) Československy Motorsport Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
46 Jens Edman * (SWE) Peugeot Sport Denmark Peugeot 407
47 Ibrahim Okyay* (TUR) Kosifler Gillette M3 Power Team BMW 320i
48 María De Villota* (ESP) Maurer Motorsport Chevrolet Lacetti
51 Alessandro Balzan* (ITA) DB Motorsport Alfa Romeo 156
52 Elio Marchetti* (ITA) DB Motorsport Alfa Romeo 156
53 Riccardo Romagnoli * (ITA) Scuderia la Torre Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
54 Emanuele Naspetti * (ITA) GDL Racing BMW 320i
55 Stefano Valli * (SMR) Zerocinque Motorsport BMW 320i
56 Simone Iacone * (ITA) Zerocinque Motorsport BMW 320i
57 Davide Roda * (ITA) SEAT Sport Italia SEAT León
58 Roberto Colciago * (ITA) SEAT Sport Italia SEAT Toledo Cupra/León
62 Ao Chi Hong (MAC) Ao's Racing Team BMW 320i
66 André Couto (MAC) SEAT Sport SEAT León
ETCC 2006
CLASS TEAM DRIVER CAR
2 S2000 SEAT Sport UK Jason Plato (GBR) SEAT León
3 S2000 Elgh Motorsport Carl Rosenblad (SWE) BMW 320si
4 S2000 Maarakennus M. Laivola Oy Ari Laivola (FIN) SEAT Toledo Cupra
5 S2000 Avtodom Racing - BMW Russia Mikhail Ukhov (RUS) BMW 320i
6 S2000 Sport-Garage Alexey Dudukalo (RUS) Audi A4
7 S2000 Engström Motorsport Tomas Engström (SWE) Honda Accord Euro R
8 S2000 TFS Yaco Racing Philip Geipel (GER) Toyota Corolla T-Sport 3 door
9 S2000 GR Asia Emmet O´Brien (IRL) SEAT León
10 S2000 BMW Team Team Italy-Spain Félix Porteiro (ESP) BMW 320si
11 S2000 BMW Team Italy-Spain Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) BMW 320si
12 S2000 Maurer Motorsport Vincent Radermecker (BEL) Chevrolet Lacetti
14 S2000 Maurer Motorsport Hugo Godinho (POR) Chevrolet Lacetti
15 S2000 Engstler Motorsport Rustem Teregulov (RUS) BMW 320i
18 S2000 Zerocinque Motorsport Miguel Freitas (POR) BMW 320i
19 S2000 MTS AC Racing Vladimir Labazov (RUS) BMW 320i
20 S2000 MA GP Mattias Andersson (SWE) Alfa Romeo 156
21 S2000 West Coast Racing Robin Rudholm (SWE) BMW 320i
22 S2000 GR Asia Ryan Sharp (GBR) SEAT León
ETCC 2005
# CLASS TEAM DRIVER CAR
1 S2000 Honda Dealer Team Sweden Tomas Engström (SWE) Honda Accord Euro R
2 S2000 BMW Team Italy-Spain Alessandro Zanardi (ITA) BMW 320i
3 S2000 BMW Team Engstler Franz Engstler (GER) BMW 320i
4 S2000 SEAT Racing Team Michel Nykjær (DEN) SEAT Toledo Cupra
5 S2000 DB Motorsport Salvatore Tavano (ITA) Alfa Romeo 156
6 S2000 DB Motorsport Andrea Larini (ITA) Alfa Romeo 156
7 S2000 Avtodom Racing - BMW Russia Mikhail Ukhov (RUS) BMW 320i
8 S2000 Zerocinque Motorsport Stefano Valli (RSM) BMW 320i
9 S2000 Peugeot Sport Denmark Jens Edman (SWE) Peugeot 407
10 S2000 IPS Motorsport Johan Stureson (SWE) Peugeot 407
11 S2000 Maarakennus M. Laivola Oy Ari Laivola (FIN) SEAT Toledo Cupra
12 S2000 Schubert Motors Rustem Teregulov (RUS) BMW 320i
13 S2000 Schubert Motors Claudia Hürtgen (GER) BMW 320i
14 S2000 SEAT Sport Italia Alessandro Balzan (ITA) SEAT Toledo Cupra
15 S2000 West Coast Racing Richard Göransson (SWE) BMW 320i
16 S2000 West Coast Racing Thed Björk (SWE) BMW 320i
19 S2000 TW Racing Wolfgang Treml (AUT) Ford Focus ST170 3 door
20 S2000 SEAT Sport UK Jason Plato (GBR) SEAT Toledo Cupra
21 S2000 GR Asia Tom Coronel (NED) SEAT Toledo Cupra
22 S2000 GR Asia Robert Collard (GBR) SEAT Toledo Cupra
23 S2000 Proteam Motorsport Davide Roda (ITA) BMW 320i
24 S2000 Proteam Motorsport Luca Rangoni (ITA) BMW 320i
Cannot find WTCC 2005

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 14:54
2005 WTCC
http://www.eurosport.com/fiasuperracingwe/sport_sto702512.shtml
Some of those are 3 door

BT 96
24th December 2006, 15:08
Correct Robinho.

I'm sure BT96 will appear and confirm this to the folk who don't beleive what i post.

tdb your right again, I own the team, and Chris owns a car, as for the second driver, there is lots of guys out there, but as for guys with the money again not that many.So we will have to see who comes up with the £, I can tell you we have 1 of 3 I want to do it Paul Sheard,Darren Dowling,Dan Eves,thats all I can tell you.

Iain
24th December 2006, 16:33
I could see Dynamics in Chevrolets - not likely though.
Can anyone do a Photoshop perhaps using:

(RAC Audi A4)
That was the best picture of an Audi A4 I could find, sorry if the BMW in the background gets in the way.

Where did this RAC and Audi thing come from? They will be running S2000 cars, but they won't be Audis.

The three door Civics were entered by JAS on the provision that they would then build the 4 door Accord to replace them. The 3 door 307s were allowed to run because PSE Denmark were going to build 5 door versions, when they were able to get hold of the parts for them. I'm guessing the Corolla was a local homologation thing, like the Audi A4, Lexus IS200, Mercedes C-Klasse, Opel Astra OPC and Renault Megane.

Plato 4 Title
24th December 2006, 16:50
maybe now people will realise that there will be NO clyde valley chevys and dan eaves isnt involved with the team if he is talking to BT96's team about the 2nd car.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 16:54
Or it could be a back up if Clyde valley don't get the money.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 17:32
Where did this RAC and Audi thing come from? They will be running S2000 cars, but they won't be Audis.

Lots of speculation.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 17:35
I think it will be either a Honda Civic or a Honda Accord. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-008.gif :beer:
What do you think?
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s31/smilies-42503.png
Just found this :D

Allyc85
24th December 2006, 18:25
i really hope its the accord but i can see it being the civic for some reason

tin-top fan
24th December 2006, 18:47
I have to say that the wiki page for 2007 seems to be a good source of info for next season. All of the things on it's list now have sources for where they come from, so I would say this is pretty reliable information ( unlike it used to be !) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_BTCC_season

VkmSpouge
24th December 2006, 18:52
Well its a good source of what rumours and reports there have been over the past few months.

VkmSpouge
24th December 2006, 18:56
I think they'll use a car with four wheels (not including the steering wheel). This unfortunately rules out the much vaunted Team Halfords Reliant Robin.

nicemms
24th December 2006, 20:24
I think the Accord. The Civic is too new I would say but it might make an appearence next year.(I hope)

tisme
24th December 2006, 20:52
I am interested in the note about Richard Marsh!

He intends to enter next season and will team-up with another driver from the 2006 BTCC.

It is also mentioned on Motorsportpedia as well..

Richard Marsh has bought Dave Pinkney's Honda Integra Type R and will team-up with another driver in 2007.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 21:09
Him and Mike Jordan together possibly?

PDS
24th December 2006, 21:32
That means that there may be a spare seat at Motorbase if Tom Ferrier gets the first one. What are the chances that James Pickford could get the second SEAT on account of the fact he has had previous experience in the car.

You wouldn't believe the drivers that have contacted Motorbase looking for a drive in 2007!

I am looking forward to the day when Motorbase name their two drivers.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 21:38
I am looking forward to the day when Motorbase name their three drivers.

There will be 3 Motorbase SEATs according to the teams own website.

Dave Clark
24th December 2006, 21:53
Yeah, but Seat look the risk with the new Leon and Vauxhall did with the Sport Hatch last year, so it could be the good choice. Not as bulky as the Vectra too?!

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 22:03
SEAT didn't take a risk with the Leon. It had been well tested in the WTCC in the second-half of 2005.

Dave Clark
24th December 2006, 22:05
What I'm getting at is that no matter what car - its always a risk when choosing a new car.

VkmSpouge
24th December 2006, 22:06
I am interested in the note about Richard Marsh!

He intends to enter next season and will team-up with another driver from the 2006 BTCC.

It is also mentioned on Motorsportpedia as well..

Richard Marsh has bought Dave Pinkney's Honda Integra Type R and will team-up with another driver in 2007.

Him and Mike Jordan together possibly?

Hmm, when looking at what Richard Marsh actually said in those posts on Ten Tenth's forum that the Wikipedia page links to he says:

Richard Marsh - Team Griffin, New car purchased last week.

Needless to say, we have purchased a new car, our budget to run is dropping into place nicely and we have 3 drivers talking to us about us running a car for them next year.

So (barring a drastic change of plans) no link up with Mike Jordan and as of yet, no team mate.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 22:11
Suppose so, but some cars are more risky than others.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 22:12
Do you think it would be another Honda Integra or the Peugeot 307 that Griffin would be looking to run alongside Marsh next year?

VkmSpouge
24th December 2006, 22:20
Who knows? Just have to wait for an official press release from the team. That said I would like to see the little Peugeot 307 tootling around next year.

There will be 3 Motorbase SEATs according to the teams own website.

Actually the team's website seems somewhat confused about it. In the initial press release about the purchase of the Toledos they clearly state two cars ex-Pickford and ex-Hines. In the release about the race meeting at Silverstone it's suddenly up to three cars. In their season review it's back down to two cars.

Iain
24th December 2006, 22:25
Lots of speculation.

No, the only speculation I have seen has been from this forum with a few people throwing every possible variable under the sun into the equation.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 22:26
Hopefully it will be 3

MBailey06
24th December 2006, 22:28
Well I guess we won't know until any of these rumours are cleared up at the Autosport shoe and beyond. That way all the apparent definite no-shows will be ruled out completely.

Alfa Fan
24th December 2006, 22:34
We won't know whose going to show up or not in 2007 until October 13 2007!

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 22:43
Do you think it would be another Honda Integra or the Peugeot 307 that Griffin would be looking to run alongside Marsh next year?

I remember reading on Ten Tenths that many drivers want to drive the Peugeot 307.

PDS
24th December 2006, 23:21
Hopefully it will be 3

You will just have to wait and see! Trust me!

tisme
24th December 2006, 23:24

Neither!

It will be a S2000 car!

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 23:34
Neither!

It will a S2000 car!

What does that mean? :p
Why can't Marsh drive the S2000?
Which make/model is it?

tisme
24th December 2006, 23:42
What does that mean? :p

Exactly what it says. Not the Honda or the Pug.. But it will be a S2000 spec
car!

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 23:46
You obviously noticed the typo and changed the post so it didn't get mocked by loads of people. Good thinking - it happened to me - search orse :uhoh:
BTW someone seams adament that Dynamics will build Civics for 2007. Look at the Motorsportpedia 2007 BTCC season article.

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 23:49
Exactly what it says. Not the Honda or the Pug.. But it will be a S2000 spec
car!

Could you narrow it down a bit as there are loads of different S2000 cars. *Prays 'Please don't be a LADA, please don't be a LADA'*

VkmSpouge
25th December 2006, 00:49
There are probably worse S2000 cars than Lada.

Captain VXR
25th December 2006, 10:37
Errr...
Honda Civic Type-R EP3

tyreman2
27th December 2006, 11:18
WSR are commited to running 2 S2000 cars,but have still to reveal what make they are.They would still run 1 mg if someone had the right budget

Captain VXR
27th December 2006, 11:29
That's good news. I hope they do run the MG as well as whatever they plan to run.
I would say that RAC should run either:
ex Hotfiels Ford Focus (improve it a lot)
KMS Audi A4 (won STCC this year)
BMW 320si (proven WTCC car)
Honda Accord Euro R (showed signs of pace)
I bet whatever s2000 car they have chosen will be a good choice and may/may not been on the list.
After all, they may have built their own cars.
Is there any chance of an Autosport unveilling?

Iain
27th December 2006, 19:18
Not enough time or money to design, build and develop their own cars.

Captain VXR
27th December 2006, 19:30
Ah, so they bought some. I hope they aren't ex WTCC ones for more variety unless nobody else enters that kind of ex-WTCC car eg Peugeot 407.

MBailey06
27th December 2006, 19:39
Whats wrong with the 407? Only one person has used it unsuccessfully in WTCC. It has done well in the STCC or the Danish championship (I can't remember) so how can you judge from the one race it did in the WTCC? I'd love to use a 407 but I'm not old enough.

Captain VXR
27th December 2006, 20:03
Nothing wrong with a 407, quite like them and used to have an STCC 407 as my desktop background, you mis-read my post. I meant I didn't want them to run a man-and-his-dog touring car like an Alfa Romeo 156 or BMW 3-series.

redcoat
27th December 2006, 20:16
I met someone closely connected to Motorbase at a local party over Christmas and Motorbase do have three cars all of which are in the middle of full rebuilds and new livery. Two cars are definite appearing and two very good young drivers are apparently close to a deal. I tried everything but names would not be given! It is apparent that Dave Pinkney is NOT one of them as he wanted to pursue his own route although he still has a strong relationship with the team. The third car will be built and ready for the season and will either sit as a spare or could be out if the right driver came along? It is the silly season of course so anything could happen?! Anyone else got any closer connections and can verify any of the above?

cookingfat
27th December 2006, 22:37
My auntie knows a welder at Andy Britnells scrap yard. And she reckons that Motorbase will run two young drivers as well. One will have BTCC experience and the other has a very rich dad!

Iain
27th December 2006, 23:17
Ah, so they bought some. I hope they aren't ex WTCC ones for more variety unless nobody else enters that kind of ex-WTCC car eg Peugeot 407.

It's all good having variety, but that doesn't win races or championships.

cos
28th December 2006, 00:49
My auntie knows a welder at Andy Britnells scrap yard....

Where's Carl's dad when you need him?