PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2007 - rumours (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

cos
25th February 2007, 23:59
That White and Klien were out testing BTCC cars (well, the 307, if that counts as a BTCC car) shows that they're seriously considering a switch of series.

cos
26th February 2007, 15:17
Hopefully Colin White staying in SCSA
Instead of buying Dave Pinkney's Integra and going to the BTCC

And Malcom Klien staying in Pick ups instead of buying Richard Marsh's Peugeot 307 and going to the BTCC

White and Clien's Integra/307 to be run by CWS according to a knowledgeable post over on btcc.net. I don't follow ASCAR/SCSA much, but CWS were a front running team there I believe?

Henry Cutts
26th February 2007, 16:24
They are a top team, They could do both championships if they want to. I think there is only 1 date clash.

jonv
26th February 2007, 18:42
They are a top team, They could do both championships if they want to. I think there is only 1 date clash.

There is a SCSA clash with the Oulton and 2nd Brands round.

mattie007
26th February 2007, 19:11
Dick Bennetts has said the ZS's are being sold and that they will be up near the front at the start of the season while teams get used to S2000 cars.
I wonder who has brought them?

Ed
26th February 2007, 20:02
didnt Dick say after WSR bought the BMWs that the MGs have been sold to Asia or was that another teams cars

Iain
26th February 2007, 21:33
Dick Bennetts has said the ZS's are being sold and that they will be up near the front at the start of the season while teams get used to S2000 cars.
I wonder who has brought them?

Where did he say that?

100%hondafan
26th February 2007, 21:59
i thaught they went to asia, where did you here this ?

racer69
27th February 2007, 03:39
Where did he say that?

It was said in Autosport a few weeks back (when they did a feature on WSR's BMWs)

cos
27th February 2007, 10:26
He didn't say they were definitely sold though did he? (Although they may well be now of course)

Iain
27th February 2007, 12:28
It was said in Autosport a few weeks back (when they did a feature on WSR's BMWs)

Cheers. The way mattie007 posted it, it sounded like he had some inside information. I do wish people would quote where they read stuff.

It said they were in the process of selling them and Dick expected them to be scoring a lot of points in the early part of the season.

mattie007
27th February 2007, 22:06
It said they were in the process of selling them and Dick expected them to be scoring a lot of points in the early part of the season.

Which is what I said. Jeez, sorry were not perfect.

Im sure we'll have at least 2 on the grid.

The mad monk
27th February 2007, 22:29
Colin's MG is safely tucked up in Trevor Turkington's home garage.
and Jason Plato's Toledo is safely tucked up in Grant Clearwater's home garage.
and I expect they will remain there for a long time.

seatfan
28th February 2007, 07:38
I don't think that many people realise that the MG Colin drove always belonged to his dad. WSR have never owned so couldn't sell it.

100%hondafan
28th February 2007, 10:24
how comes platos toledo is in Grant Clearwater's garage ??

Like did he purchase it ?

cos
28th February 2007, 10:42
Update on Encke: http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Encke-Sport-working-hard-ahead-of-debut-season-~cid~10~id~143823.htm

mattie007
28th February 2007, 11:12
Didn't know Colin owned it. Thats a nice keepsake for him, he always loved the MG.

But that still leaves WSR with 4 left over.

VkmSpouge
28th February 2007, 12:12
Update on Encke: http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Encke-Sport-working-hard-ahead-of-debut-season-~cid~10~id~143823.htm

Simply tells us that they aren't confirmed and don't have drivers.

Jona
28th February 2007, 13:45
who or what is Grant Clearwater?

Iain
28th February 2007, 13:57
Didn't know Colin owned it. Thats a nice keepsake for him, he always loved the MG.

But that still leaves WSR with 4 left over.

Leaves them with another 2 latest spec cars by my reckoning.

mattie007
28th February 2007, 16:37
I was including the 2 Mauer ones.
Or was it Kartworld who have them?
Anyway theres a few about somewhere!

Iain
28th February 2007, 17:19
Kartworld were supposed to buy them last winter, but the deal fell through. WSR bought them back, so including the one Trevor T owned, had 3 latest spec cars available. Jason Hughes' car is a 2002 chassis. They may have a couple of the Lola-built cars knocking about, but nobody's going to buy a car that's been unused for 5 years.

kmchow
28th February 2007, 18:29
Kartworld were supposed to buy them last winter, but the deal fell through. WSR bought them back, so including the one Trevor T owned, had 3 latest spec cars available. Jason Hughes' car is a 2002 chassis. They may have a couple of the Lola-built cars knocking about, but nobody's going to buy a car that's been unused for 5 years.
Perhaps Vauxhall or some rich dude would start a Vauxhall Astra one make series!! :D

BTW, NA will be getting the showroom version of the Astra in '08! So we'll have the Saturn Sky (Opel GT), Saturn Aura (has Vectra front end, different rear end) and now Astra!

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 18:54
Gavin Smith - Lots of money & seemingly keen to continue in BTCC
Rob Collard - Looking at Porsche Carrera Cup now
Mark Proctor - SCSA?
Eoin Murray - Still working on Quest/Alfa BTCC I guess?
James Kaye - Move to Britcar with Synchro?
Adam Jones - Apparantly will be in BTCC
Tom Ferrier - Fia GT3 looks likely
Darren Dowling - 2nd BTC Lexus? Seemingly not entered
Mark Smith - Alfa 156? Seemingly not entered
Mark Jones - Xero?
Fiona Leggate - Xero?
Paul O'Neill - 2nd Arkas car probabily?
Dan Eaves - Another year on the sidelines?
James Pickford - Has he sorted a Porsche deal for 2007?

Northern Monkey
28th February 2007, 19:02
I don't mean to sound daft, but do we need another rumours thread?

Iain
28th February 2007, 20:46
All part of the one thread now. ;)

mattie007
28th February 2007, 21:22

Doesnt that mean they have 2x 06 spec ones then and 2x Mauer ones?
Or where the Mauer ones the ones that were converted to the new shape ZS?

Iain
28th February 2007, 21:29
Doesnt that mean they have 2x 06 spec ones then and 2x Mauer ones?
Or where the Mauer ones the ones that were converted to the new shape ZS?

No, the two cars used last year were an ex-Maurer car and the one Trevor T owns as far as I know. The latter was used by Rob Collard on loan to WSR in 2005. The possible third car was the other car they bought back from Maurer.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 21:37
http://www.colinwhiteracing.co.uk/

Colin White's Website is under construction now. Getting ready for a BTCC related site?

tdb
28th February 2007, 21:45
http://www.colinwhiteracing.co.uk/

Colin White's Website is under construction now. Getting ready for a BTCC related site?

No! it's been like that since 2002!!!

It still shows EFS as a sponsor! who parted company with colin at the end of the 02 season. EFS is the company owned by Jonathan France who set up Emabassy racing in 2003!

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 21:55
Ah ok, I didn't realise that!

seatfan
1st March 2007, 07:31
who or what is Grant Clearwater?

Grant is the boss of Northern South (did I get that the right way round?) - they are the in-house team that run the Seat UK operation.

Iain
1st March 2007, 13:43
Joint Team Principal I think?

mattie007
1st March 2007, 21:35
No, the two cars used last year were an ex-Maurer car and the one Trevor T owns as far as I know. The latter was used by Rob Collard on loan to WSR in 2005. The possible third car was the other car they bought back from Maurer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Rod Ennde
1st March 2007, 23:00
Yes! It's been not like that since the ice ages!
Let me know if there's any change.

Alfa Fan
2nd March 2007, 01:55
Interesting update on BTC Racings website.

Confirms Chris Stockton in the #43 Lexus IS200 and also states that the team will announce the driver of the #42 in early March.

One car (Stocktons) will be at the test day, and I guess both will start the season at Brands.

Marc W
5th March 2007, 15:15
I'm pleased to be able to say that Fiona Leggate should be able to confirm her plans shortly. If everything goes according to plan she will be racing in the btcc this season. I can't say anything else until the plans are announced.

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 15:21
2nd GSR BMW

VkmSpouge
5th March 2007, 15:38
Well there are a few seats open at this stage, BTC Racing, Tech-speed, Encke Sport, etc. but will be good to have Fiona Leggate back in the championship whatever she ends up driving.

Captain VXR
5th March 2007, 16:13
Any chance Tech-speed can run the Astra Coupe alongside the Sport Hatch(es)

dwracing23
5th March 2007, 16:25
I'm pleased to be able to say that Fiona Leggate should be able to confirm her plans shortly. If everything goes according to plan she will be racing in the btcc this season. I can't say anything else until the plans are announced.

I'll stick with my comment a while ago that she will be in a IS200. She got to know the back of Adam Jones white Lexus very well - infact that was what she used as her braking point on most corners of the UK circuits!

100%hondafan
5th March 2007, 16:33
fiona would go backwoods with the lexus.

she strugled in the astra let alone a rwd lexus

Northern Monkey
5th March 2007, 16:44
2nd GSR BMW

Fiona won't be with GSR this season.

Ed
5th March 2007, 17:19
are GSR running a second car??

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 17:23
Yes

VkmSpouge
5th March 2007, 17:49
Where did they get this second car from?

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 17:51
MN showed a second GSR BMW on the entry list. A second car was also heavily hinted on btcc.net a few weeks ago, without it being directly stated. Presumably the second car is another 05-spec 320i E46 as I imagine there are many available now.

Northern Monkey
5th March 2007, 18:04
MN showed quite a few things on its entry list but it doesn't mean they are all correct.

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 18:20
Show me your evidence to suggest they are definetly only running one car then?

I see it as this

*Last year the team said they wanted to run 2/3 BMWs in 2007
*Martyn Bell confirmed as returning in his 320i E46 with the team
*Also stated that there was lots of exciting developments in the near future
*btcc.net article has also recently hinted at two cars for GSR
*MN did show two GSR cars in their entry list

Ed
5th March 2007, 19:27
you never no Alfa fan that GR Motorsport Alfa 147 that you were going on about years ago may finally turn up!

Captain VXR
5th March 2007, 20:16
you never no Alfa fan that GR Motorsport Alfa 147 that you were going on about years ago may finally turn up!

Is this a joke?

VkmSpouge
5th March 2007, 21:23
I think you can safely say that was a joke.

Ed
5th March 2007, 21:26
yea

MattL
5th March 2007, 21:45

I see it as this

I see it as this: Listen to MG-Fan on this one! ;)

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 22:25
Anyone know if Mark Smith will be out in 2007? I remember seeing it suggested he was hoping to sell his Alfa to Darrelle Wilson and then racing a BTC-Touring car (Honda Integra?) or if he doesn't sell the 156, racing that again?

tdb
5th March 2007, 22:59
Fiona won't be with GSR this season.

Correct!

tdb
5th March 2007, 23:00
I'll stick with my comment a while ago that she will be in a IS200. She got to know the back of Adam Jones white Lexus very well - infact that was what she used as her braking point on most corners of the UK circuits!

INCorrect!

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 23:01
Read on another forum it was yet another Honda Integra she will be entering in?

dwracing23
5th March 2007, 23:06
She got to know the back of Adam Jones white Lexus very well - infact that was what she used as her braking point on most corners of the UK circuits!

Think you should know this bit is correct the amount of times he told you and complained about it, ask a certain other person on this forum.

So I guess we wont be seeing you (or me holiday calls) at Media day - well not in a working capacity anyway? Correct, Incorrect or "we'll see?

tdb
5th March 2007, 23:32
Think you should know this bit is correct the amount of times he told you and complained about it, ask a certain other person on this forum.

So I guess we wont be seeing you (or me holiday calls) at Media day - well not in a working capacity anyway? Correct, Incorrect or "we'll see?

The "incorrect" referred to Fiona being in an IS200!

Also, As i am involved in the BTCC, I will be at Rockingham on media day!

As you are NOT in the BTCC i didn't expect to see you there, holiday or not!

tdb
5th March 2007, 23:34
Read on another forum it was yet another Honda Integra she will be entering in?
Thought you said GSR BMW????

Alfa Fan
5th March 2007, 23:56
Thought you said GSR BMW????

Thats where I thought she'd end up, but seemingly not from what you've posted. I read something elsewhere, can't recall where atm, saying she'd be racing another of the Honda Integras.

cos
6th March 2007, 00:33
Thats where I thought she'd end up, but seemingly not from what you've posted. I read something elsewhere, can't recall where atm, saying she'd be racing another of the Honda Integras.

How many Integras are left? Neal's 05 car is still with Jordan, Shedden's '05 is now presumably with Colin White via Pinkney, John George has Neal's '06 machine and Sibsport have Howell's '06 car. Presumably Howell's '05 was developed for 2006, leaving just the one (Shedden '06) Integra left? Is that right?

Iain
6th March 2007, 00:52
Eaves' 05 car presumably with Colin White via Pinkney. Don't forget poor Dan. ;)

5 cars built, 1 left. Well that's what we think we know anyway! Could be a lot going on behind closed doors that we don't know about.

Rusty
6th March 2007, 08:20
Talking of Dan Eaves any insider or other info on him yet People??????????

tyreman2
6th March 2007, 09:28
Anyone know if Mark Smith will be out in 2007? I remember seeing it suggested he was hoping to sell his Alfa to Darrelle Wilson and then racing a BTC-Touring car (Honda Integra?) or if he doesn't sell the 156, racing that again?

When/If Darrele races in BTCC it won't be in Mark's Alfa.
The decision for Mark to go racing is purely dependent on sponsorship and at the moment he doesn't have any

Ed
6th March 2007, 10:13
Does anyone know what is going on regarding Pinkey and March- im stering to get worried that they wont be on the grid this year

kali
6th March 2007, 10:45
There'd better be an integra left as the Brands Hatch site says Neal will be doing demo laps in it at the open day in a weeks time! (14th) Unless they bring the Civic down which would be v nice.

Looking more forward to seeing the A4 DTM and Priualx's new 320si anyway. Chances are Matt won't finish a demo lap, he'll either end up in Paddock or Druids gravel.

cos
6th March 2007, 10:48
There'd better be an integra left as the Brands Hatch site says Neal will be doing demo laps in it at the open day in a weeks time! (14th) Unless they bring the Civic down which would be v nice.

Dynamics have a road-legal Integra mocked up to look like the BTCC racer - if all the cars have been sold the demo laps may be in the mockup!

Robinho
6th March 2007, 20:09

I see it as this

they are definateley running one car, everything esle has hinted tyhat they may run a second and evn 3rd car, maybe this year, maybe next.

the latest article from Martyn Bell states he reckons he'll be pushing the top ten this year with the improved set-up and improvements they've made (crash.net), but no more news on any extra cars, for me there are a lot more definite entries still lacking confirmed drivers ahead of any extra GSR BMW's...that is not to say it definatley won't happen, but i would include in the "unlikely" list for now

reidy_fan
6th March 2007, 20:11
noticed the GSR transporter is for sale http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=8035 have they bought a new one

PDS
6th March 2007, 20:46
Talking of Dan Eaves any insider or other info on him yet People??????????
He is contracted to Clyde Valley Racing!

Does anyone know what is going on regarding Pinkey and March- im stering to get worried that they wont be on the grid this year

With any luck, there may be an announcement this week.

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 21:02
PDS, could you expand on what you said about Dan Eaves?

AFAIK Team Cylde Valley Racing won't be in the BTCC this season.

PDS
6th March 2007, 21:32
PDS, could you expand on what you said about Dan Eaves?

AFAIK Team Cylde Valley Racing won't be in the BTCC this season.

Not really! I thought it was quite clear!

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 21:36
Yeah - you said he was contracted, but to do what?

cos
6th March 2007, 21:44
I guess CVR may just have first refusal on Eaves' services... I doubt a driver like him would lock himself into a contract with a team that doesn't have solid plans for the season!

cookingfat
6th March 2007, 21:51
I doubt a driver like him would lock himself into a contract with a team that doesn't have solid plans for the season!
It could be down to how much money he has put into the team!
If he's put nothing in, he ain't going to get anything out!

Lets face it, Clyde Valley convinced a lot of people here that they were going to be in the 2007 BTCC!!!!

LiamM
6th March 2007, 23:03
Lets face it, Clyde Valley convinced a lot of people here that they were going to be in the 2007 BTCC!!!!

Just not the right people!

BTCC2
8th March 2007, 16:24
So does anyone know whats going on with Jason Hughes.

Are the 2 Alfa Romeos that Pinkney/Marsh have the 2 S2000 cars he wanted ?

PDS
8th March 2007, 16:43

I think we are expecting confirmation on the media day..

Could be. There were a lot of people after them!

ATF
8th March 2007, 17:13

What's anyones guess what he will do? Stay in his BTC-spec MG?

Alfa Fan
8th March 2007, 17:24
Yes. Someone on this forum said he would be out in his MG again this season, before upgrading to "two very good Super 2000 cars in 2008"

chrisyboy
8th March 2007, 18:37
I think leggate will be in the arkas racing sport hatch

cookingfat
8th March 2007, 18:57
I think leggate will be in the arkas racing sport hatch

Why not? She's been linked with everyone one else, including drives that are not available yet!

ATF
8th March 2007, 18:59
I thought Leggate was meant to be in another Integra?!

chrisyboy
8th March 2007, 19:00
Cant see where she would get the money from as her main sponser has closed

tdb
8th March 2007, 19:20
Cant see where she would get the money from as her main sponser has closed

Her main sponsr is her father and he has not closed!!!

And i garauntee 100% that she will not be returning to techspeed!
I could quote her on what she said about them, but this is a public forum! ;)

Scuderia ferrari
8th March 2007, 19:36
Marsh and pickney team mates for this year in S2000 alfas- good news!

Rick kerry has announced his car here

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=420&PHPSESSID=efed427202dd0499a63c6e18f90985ea

Iain
8th March 2007, 19:40
Old news now. And they're not rumours, so don't belong in this thread.

tin-top fan
9th March 2007, 18:13
At the bottom of this news http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=424 , Neal says that there will be at least 4 integras out this season. Does anyone know who will be driving all of these cars? I can think of Mike Jordan, Simon Blankley and John George- am I missing someone really obvious or has the other car not been confirmed yet?

cos
9th March 2007, 18:43
Colin White and his CWS team have been out testing one, but haven't confirmed yet.

mattie007
11th March 2007, 22:27
From another forum:
"Their will be two MGs from Kartworld all season long. One of them driven and owned by someone who hasnt been linked to the MG at all during the winter."

cos
11th March 2007, 22:42
From another forum:
"Their will be two MGs from Kartworld all season long. One of them driven and owned by someone who hasnt been linked to the MG at all during the winter."

If it's true... I would be expecting Hughes to return; maybe it's Leggate who's family has got the second?

tin-top fan
11th March 2007, 23:18
I'd definitly put Leggate as the favourite for the 2nd seat, as shes raced MG's before and seems to be one of the only people who is still to confirm her drive for this season

cookingfat
11th March 2007, 23:45
I'm not so sure it will be Fiona...

Alfa Fan
11th March 2007, 23:58
If it's true... I would be expecting Hughes to return; maybe it's Leggate who's family has got the second?

Kartworld won't be running without Jason I wouldn't have thought seeing as he owns the company/team!

Adam Jones for the second seat? He says he's bought a car for 2007. I still think he'll be with GR in a SEAT Toledo Cupra though.

Can't wait until Tuesday when we'll finally know (roughly) whose entered and with whom.

thompp
12th March 2007, 00:49
Fiona still hasnt confirmed her 2007 BTCC package - maybe that will be announced Tuesday - and maybe as the second MG...?

ATF
12th March 2007, 07:40
I can't wait for tomorrow either just to see some photos of the Vectra and Civic and more!!!

Ian McC
12th March 2007, 09:42
If the Civic is in one piece yet

Marc W
12th March 2007, 10:32
Fiona's plans will all be revealed in the next 24 hours :D

thompp
12th March 2007, 11:11
Fiona's plans will all be revealed in the next 24 hours :D

Excellent - yee ha! Thanks for that, LF. Lets hope its to hear that Fiona will take part in the BTCC this year!

Also, Fiona will be on Telly:

"Fans will be interested to know that the dates and times for the Autosport Karting coverage have been announced, they'll be two shows on two channels;

Sunday 18th March 2007 on ITV2 1700 to 1800 And Monday 26th March 2007 on MotorsTV 1930 to 2100."

http://www.fionaleggate.co.uk/cgi-bin/Otusshow.pl?Autosport_Show_on_ITV

Marc W
12th March 2007, 11:45
They got the channels and dates mixed up!

It should be Men and Motors (Rather than Motors) on Sunday 18th March 2007 1700 to 1800 and ITV4 on Monday 26th March 2007 1930 to 2100.

Hopefully it should be changed soon! ;)

thompp
12th March 2007, 12:34
Doh! Thanks for that.

Robinho
12th March 2007, 13:09
Kartworld won't be running without Jason I wouldn't have thought seeing as he owns the company/team!

Adam Jones for the second seat? He says he's bought a car for 2007. I still think he'll be with GR in a SEAT Toledo Cupra though.

Can't wait until Tuesday when we'll finally know (roughly) whose entered and with whom.

if he's bought a car i would have thought its far more likely to see him in an MG than the Seat, i wouldn't have thought GR would be selling the Toledo only to run it for someone.

i would hope he'll get an S2000 drive but they are a bit thin on the ground now

DJS
12th March 2007, 13:19
Fiona still hasnt confirmed her 2007 BTCC package - maybe that will be announced Tuesday - and maybe as the second MG...?

Fiona Leggate + Techspeed = Arkas Racing

cos
12th March 2007, 13:29
Fiona Leggate + Techspeed = Arkas Racing

I thought I understood from this forum that Fiona had fallen out with Tech-speed?

Ed
12th March 2007, 14:27
Leggate better up he pace this year, I think O'Neil showed what the astra was capable off at silverstone after he stepped into the car

DJS
12th March 2007, 15:01
Leggate better up he pace this year, I think O'Neil showed what the astra was capable off at silverstone after he stepped into the car
O'Neil was on the front row of the grid at Silverstone because Matt Neal plucked number 9 from VBH's hat, putting Jason Hughes on pole and Paul along side him. Ok Paul got the Astra off the line well, but the lucky number that put him on the front of the grid came back to haunt him as he still finished in 9th.
I'd love to see Paul O'Neill find enough money to race this year, we would then be able to put the Leggate/O'Neill debate to bed!

Alfa Fan
12th March 2007, 15:03
If that's true then she'll have to make sure she's faster than Erkut.

Ed
12th March 2007, 15:03
yea but he was still able to keep the other cars behind him in contrast to Fiona who is off the pace and make silly mistakes

Alfa Fan
12th March 2007, 15:04
O'Neil was on the front row of the grid at Silverstone because Matt Neal plucked number 9 from VBH's hat, putting Jason Hughes on pole and Paul along side him. Ok Paul got the Astra off the line well, but the lucky number that put him on the front of the grid came back to haunt him as he still finished in 9th.
I'd love to see Paul O'Neill find enough money to race this year, we would then be able to put the Leggate/O'Neill debate to bed!

I don't think there's any debate as to whose the faster racing driver. O'Neill is clearly better, just a shame he doesn't have sufficient backing to get out there this season (or doesn't appear to that should be)

DJS
12th March 2007, 15:11
I don't think there's any debate as to whose the faster racing driver. O'Neill is clearly better, just a shame he doesn't have sufficient backing to get out there this season (or doesn't appear to that should be)
We dont know if Fiona will be out there for sure?

Alfa Fan
12th March 2007, 15:23
See her website. She will be there.

thompp
12th March 2007, 15:30

Agreed. Although I am a fan of Fiona, I definitely felt that she underperformed last year.

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 16:57
Top female runner in the britcar and best driver ever to have graced the touring cars. Latest news fiona was so pissed of at the way she was treated by a team last year she's been offered a drive partnering some body in dtm's

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 17:22
fiona has also been linked with a formula one team as a 5th test driver she was testing behind closed gates at a circuit in belgium last month

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 17:33
he was no quiker at silverstone or brands than fiona if you have read the speed trap data and the lap times from last year and the first brands round this year she was quiker by average times than the od few times that paul put in as a fact about 2 tenths quicker on average. Paul is a good driver like Fiona but he needs to get out of tech speed to prove this like Fiona has done to better herself. You wait and see Paul will realise that there are teams that are better suited to his speed and driving style

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 17:34
he was no quiker at silverstone or brands than fiona if you have read the speed trap data and the lap times from last year and the first brands round this year she was quiker by average times than the od few times that paul put in as a fact about 2 tenths quicker on average. Paul is a good driver like Fiona but he needs to get out of tech speed to prove this like Fiona has done to better herself. You wait and see Paul will realise that there are teams that are better suited to his speed and driving style

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 18:04
leggate is also 1 of the quickest female racers in the bricar at the 24hr last year she was leading the times on most of her laps when she was on her stint

BTCC2
12th March 2007, 19:00
unsung hero, Paul O'Neil has won 2 BTCC races and driven for VX Racing for 2 years whilst they were BTCC champions. And if you look you will see that Fiona Leggates fastest Silverstone race lap time in 2005 was 1:02.450 but Paul O'Neils in 2006 was 1:01.558. So how you can say that Leggate is fater than O'Neil I don't know.

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 19:10
if you read the message properly i said average lap times and also speed trap times and not just the od one also fionas car last year was heavier because of the extra fuel she was carrying before the rules changed at donnington last year on fuel weights for bio-ethanal run cars. Plus yes paul has won 2 races but that was in a competative car. so read things properly and know the facts

BTCC2
12th March 2007, 19:18
Are we talking about the Fiona Leggate who got 3 points in 21 races and the Paul O'Neil who got 7 from 6 despite there being considerably more cars in those 6 races aswell ?????? A bit of a mismatch really.

tdb
12th March 2007, 19:27
This is a rumours thread.

NOT a Fiona Leggate/paul o'neil comparison thread fgs!

Funks
12th March 2007, 19:29
Indeed tdb - it needs to get back on track.

The 5th test driver at an F1 team was the best rumour I've seen in many a moon though. Ace.

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 19:41
and i'm not saying fiona is better than paul as i like both of them put them in identical cars and i'll put 100 quid on fiona

unsung hero
12th March 2007, 19:47
this story is real the team she tested for is only small and she has strong ties with you'll seee soon. (boyfriend ties or maybe father ties) only those who know can tell you know what i mean

DJS
12th March 2007, 19:57
Sorry unsung hero, Fiona wasnt testing for formula 1, she was one of five drivers headhunted to compete for the prestige title "STIG" in the new summer Top Gear!

DJS
12th March 2007, 20:34
unsung hero, Paul O'Neil has won 2 BTCC races and driven for VX Racing for 2 years whilst they were BTCC champions. And if you look you will see that Fiona Leggates fastest Silverstone race lap time in 2005 was 1:02.450 but Paul O'Neils in 2006 was 1:01.558. So how you can say that Leggate is fater than O'Neil I don't know.
I agree, Leggate is not fatter than O'Neil, she looks like she only be about 8 stone!

BTCC2
12th March 2007, 21:00
I agree, Leggate is not fatter than O'Neil, she looks like she only be about 8 stone!

Whoops :D

dwracing23
12th March 2007, 21:19
This is a rumours thread.

NOT a Fiona Leggate/paul o'neil comparison thread fgs!

I totally agree! Lets get back on to the topic in hand and talk about the rumour mill!

Will we see either driver at MD?? No, I dont think so.
Will we see either driver at the first race? Maybe one.
Will we see either driver at the last race? I think both will finish the season.

How many drivers at media day? I think around 24.
Drivers to start the last race weekend? Around 30/32.

Champion? Plato!
2nd? Turner
3rd? A Toledo

Plus points of 2007? Big grids, big action, a young driver to win a race, a Integra to win a race (Mike Jordan), BMW's to run good at certain tracks, Civic will get better as season goes on, BIG BIG crash at Knockhill!

2008 will be bigger and better than 2007!

mattie007
12th March 2007, 21:20
The 2nd MG seat is linked to an ex btcc star! *PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID*

BTCC2
13th March 2007, 11:39
The 2nd MG seat is linked to an ex btcc star! *PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID,PLEASE BE ANTHONY REID*

Unfortunately it wasn't Mr. Reid.

ADnet
13th March 2007, 14:49
Fiona Leggate is partnering Jason Hughes At Kartworld

cos
13th March 2007, 18:12
It's Kelvin Burt who could join Martyn Bell as his team-mate if plans come together!
http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~10~id~144471.htm

mattie007
13th March 2007, 20:00
Alot of the rumours have come true this year. This thread has been some fun aswell!
The only ones left are Encke, O'Neill and Xero....

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 20:02
It's Kelvin Burt who could join Martyn Bell as his team-mate if plans come together!
http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~10~id~144471.htm

Another one depending on money, still would be nice to see Kelvin back.

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 20:19
Alot of the rumours have come true this year. This thread has been some fun aswell!

I expect other rumours will crop up mid season for us to discuss, argue and find out if they are true or not

unsung hero
13th March 2007, 22:21
the white overalls with the white helmet and white gloves and a spyker and three presenters. Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

unsung hero
13th March 2007, 22:41
good to see he was at media day keeping a low profile but spent alot of time talking to old teams VXR AND DYNAMICS

Winchester
13th March 2007, 23:00
Rumours on the official btcc.net forum that Yvan Muller is heading here to drive the 3rd SEAT, apparently from a 'reliable source' Sounds good to me!
If anyone is wondering about Nick Leason, the deal with Daniels fell through and he secured an 11th-hour deal with BTC racing.
Also a chance for a big fat PLUG - I'm doing a column with Nick for my paper before and after race weekends which should be on http://www.icnorthants.co.uk very soon.
Plug over!

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 23:39
Rumours on the official btcc.net forum that Yvan Muller is heading here to drive the 3rd SEAT, apparently from a 'reliable source' Sounds good to me!

Right :rolleyes:

Allyc85
14th March 2007, 09:39
il believe that when I see it tbh

CroftPilgrim
14th March 2007, 11:38

Well, as tdb has been telling us for ages - its only confirmed when it turns up! I note there was no Clyde Valley at the media day, as tdb suggested would be the case...

chrisyboy
14th March 2007, 13:32
You need women in there as you need alternative fuels

cos
14th March 2007, 14:17
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=434

Arkas is scheduled to next test at Donington Park tomorrow (Thursday), with talks on-going with drivers to fill its two other Astras.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2007, 15:16
Spotted that myself - good news indeed! Makes sense for Erkut to get 2 experienced drivers to join him in the team to help him learn the series and tracks. Paul O'Neill & Gavin Smith??

cos
14th March 2007, 15:39
But as ever just because the cars are available doesn't mean that drivers will automatically end up in those seats! Still at least they're working on it...

Captain VXR
14th March 2007, 16:22
I hope they can get the seats filled with good, deserving drivers

VkmSpouge
14th March 2007, 16:50
I hope they can get drivers for the seats but they're in a similar position to Encke Sport at the moment; they have the cars but no one to race them.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2007, 16:56
Slightly different though. Encke's cars are ancient 2002/3 models with no drivers and nothing yet ready for 2007.

Arkas have a team in place, have 2006-spec cars, one driver confirmed who has already tested and is well funded.

ATF
14th March 2007, 17:16
I only expected 2 Arkas cars anyway so if they can get 1 more driver then it's all good.

reidy_fan
14th March 2007, 17:25
fact is that there is so much cheap BTC spec cars out there I am not surprised that encke havent filled their cars. There is still at least 1 integra, 1 civic and 2 astra sport hatches okay the ex 888 astra sport hatches are not cheap

still reckon that gavin smith's daddy will buy him a drive

Big Boonster
14th March 2007, 19:09
Given Gavin's brother is in same team as my protege I have talked to John about what Gavin is up to. He said that as Gavin was up with Tom C at the end of last year he is expecting no to have to bring money to a team- for that read free or paid drive...

My guess is he will turn up in something soon, did think the extra SEAT might be an option, especially if free drives dry up. Anyway, with time running out he may change his expectations and put money in to a drive or team??

LiamM
14th March 2007, 19:26
The attitude 'I'm too good to pay for a drive' not get him very far rather quickly! Nothing against him as a driver, I havent been overly impressed by him, he's a good-average racer

LiamM
15th March 2007, 11:08
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~26~id~144532.htm

Encke has announced their entering the Sport Maxx Cup, possibly an alternative for the BTCC this year, although the article does say they still want to do the BTCC

Iain
15th March 2007, 11:39
They're entering it and using it as a feeder to the BTCC they say.

chrisyboy
15th March 2007, 13:38
As far as im aware they are using the sport maxx to give the 2 drivers experiance and sumet to do with the licenses they have i think, them 2 drivers i rekon will be in the astras within 2 or 3 rounds

chrisyboy
15th March 2007, 14:25
Think we will see at least 5 more cars at Brands.

Plato 4 Title
15th March 2007, 21:50
Think we will see at least 5 more cars at Brands.

I choose not to believe a word of that, 'will see at least 5 more cars at Brands' - your living in dream world. this coming from the same forum member who stated that cvr definetly had 1 new build chevy and an 05 car plus the Jason Hughes definetly has 2 s2000 cars.

LiamM
15th March 2007, 21:58
Well we should get 1 maybe 2 Lexi from Xero, and maybe 1 from Arkas, 3 more wouldnt be bad, but does it really matter? We have 26 (-SEATs TBA for now) confirmed entries, last year we had to make do with below 20 for quite a lot of the season!

underdog.
15th March 2007, 23:17
Does Anyone Have Any News On Clyde Valley Racing, Or Dan Eaves

Robinho
16th March 2007, 12:18
there has been no new news for months, in fact nothing sonce the initial press release last year, everything else has been pure speculation

Alfa Fan
16th March 2007, 12:22
chrisyboy can be ignored for the purposes of this discussion.

reidy_fan
16th March 2007, 16:00
hold on Jason Hughes does have 2 S2000 cars, the ex barwell motorsport ETCC Civics, okay they are about as fast as a 2cv and out of date but they are S2000

Iain
16th March 2007, 16:13
He has one. Don't know if he ever had two.

BTCC2
16th March 2007, 16:40
He has one. Don't know if he ever had two.

He had that black Civic that was for sale.

Iain
16th March 2007, 16:44
Which was the one I was referring to........

unsung hero
16th March 2007, 17:17
yes chris boy is right there will be another 5 at brands 2 lexus 2 more bmw a 1 series and a 3 and another seat ex wtcc that was orang and black last year but no chevys as gm wont let them come to this contrie to race in the series till 2008 when they maybe run by e.s racing

Northern Monkey
16th March 2007, 17:36
chrisyboy can be ignored for the purposes of this discussion.

...says the same person who had 35 drivers listed on the grid on the 'Predict Brands Grid' thread.

Alfa Fan
16th March 2007, 18:36
I thought you may have guessed it was tongue-in-cheek?

Captain VXR
16th March 2007, 19:12
yes chris boy is right there will be another 5 at brands 2 lexus 2 more bmw a 1 series and a 3 and another seat ex wtcc that was orang and black last year but no chevys as gm wont let them come to this contrie to race in the series till 2008 when they maybe run by e.s racing

I thought it would be two Lexuses, Eoin Murray's Alfa, the Enke cars and the extra Arkas car(s) if a driver could come up with enough money

tdb
16th March 2007, 19:33
no chevys as gm wont let them come to this contrie to race in the series till 2008

Utter rubbish!!!!

Anyone with the required funds can buy a factory(RML) built chevy and run it in the BTCC.

FACT!

LiamM
16th March 2007, 19:52
Eoin Murray's Alfa

Already confirmed! Hes one of the 27!

Alfa Fan
18th March 2007, 20:43
Is CWS Racing still planning to enter Colin White in an Integra and Malcolm Clien in a 307?

VkmSpouge
19th March 2007, 00:08
Were they actually planning on it? The only quote from White was that he was looking at maybe doing a few races this year if they could strike a deal. Clein tested the 307 but there was never any comment that if he would enter it would be with CWS Racing. I believe the Peugeot 307 is still with Marsh as he tested it last week at Silverstone.

PDS
19th March 2007, 00:27
I had a long chat with Colin when he tested the Pug at Silverstone the other week.

He wants to race in the BTCC! He just needs to decide the best options available for him to compete this year.

He wants to do a full season, he is not expecting to win races, more to use it as a stepping stone for 2008!

I know what cars he was looking at and I wish him good luck to him finding a suitable car to run, if he hasn't already decided on something.

Alfa Fan
19th March 2007, 00:32
Suggestion is Colin will buy both of Marshs BTC-Touring cars. (The Honda Integra & Peugeot 307) Honda for Colin and 307 for fellow CWS driver Malcolm Clien.

Would be nice to see both in the series this year. Its going to start causing some problems grid size wise at some of the shorter tracks though...

cos
19th March 2007, 01:10
Would be nice to see both in the series this year. Its going to start causing some problems grid size wise at some of the shorter tracks though...

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=218261&postcount=291

I'd be surprised (but not displeased) if the grid got to over 32! There wouldn't be "problems" though; late entrants would get bumped to the back/reserve list.

PDS
19th March 2007, 09:38
Suggestion is Colin will buy both of Marshs BTC-Touring cars. (The Honda Integra & Peugeot 307) Honda for Colin and 307 for fellow CWS driver Malcolm Clien.

That was one option!

kmchow
19th March 2007, 16:10
I had a long chat with Colin when he tested the Pug at Silverstone the other week.

He wants to race in the BTCC! He just needs to decide the best options available for him to compete this year.

He wants to do a full season, he is not expecting to win races, more to use it as a stepping stone for 2008!

I know what cars he was looking at and I wish him good luck to him finding a suitable car to run, if he hasn't already decided on something.

How about the Maurer run Lacetti that's for sale? It should be cheaper than the other S2000 brands? And perhaps he can share data with the other team and get support from Chevy? They seem like a very suppportive manufacturer to work with?

cos
19th March 2007, 19:29
Encke Sport admit they won't make the start of the season, but are looking into entering S2000 cars for the latter part of the year.

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=10&id=144787

Allyc85
19th March 2007, 19:54
I think its a good move by the team, no point pottering around at the back with very old machinery. Will be interesting to see what cars they go for.

kmchow
19th March 2007, 20:02
Encke Sport admit they won't make the start of the season, but are looking into entering S2000 cars for the latter part of the year.

So I guess their Astra(s) will be up for sale then? So the starting grid is starting to get a bit shaky in terms of participation? I hope they can race mid-season. :(

tdb
19th March 2007, 20:08

Ed Tilley and Colin Neil both have the same sandman!

Alfa Fan
19th March 2007, 20:18
So I guess their Astra(s) will be up for sale then? So the starting grid is starting to get a bit shaky in terms of participation? I hope they can race mid-season. :(

They never registered. There decision does not affect the 27 announced last Tuesday.

Alfa Fan
19th March 2007, 20:21
I'm not trying to be harsh on Encke, but tbh I just knew they wouldn't be on the grid unless Peter Enckleman had a huge amount of money to burn.

Who would seriously want to race in the 4/5 year old Astra Coupes in 27th and 28th place?

PDS
19th March 2007, 20:38
I think its a good move by the team, no point pottering around at the back with very old machinery.

Something that was mentioned by many when they first announced their intentions!

kmchow
19th March 2007, 20:56
I'm not trying to be harsh on Encke, but tbh I just knew they wouldn't be on the grid unless Peter Enckleman had a huge amount of money to burn.

Who would seriously want to race in the 4/5 year old Astra Coupes in 27th and 28th place?
It was a very bad move to buy all those cars upfront, who would buy them now? How much money could he recover?

Alfa Fan
19th March 2007, 20:59
I wouldn't have thought he would have spent that much on them upfront in the first place tbh. I can't imagine they were more than £100k combined.

tintin
19th March 2007, 21:01
I would estimate significantly less than that.

PDS
19th March 2007, 21:19
I don't think the money would be the main issue. They have wasted so much time!
If they went for S2000 cars at the start, you might find that they would have two drivers now ready for the 2007 season.
But I do understand that there are not many S2000 cars left that are ready to compete!
Lets hope they do get something sorted for later this year..

VkmSpouge
19th March 2007, 23:02
Ed Tilley and Colin Neil both have the same sandman!

But Encke Sport are at least racing this year in the Dunlop Sport Maxx (why two x?) Cup and they also had the cars to race in the BTCC (without drivers). This is significantly further than Team Clyde Valley Racing have got.

I hope Encke do appear some time later this season.

kmchow
19th March 2007, 23:26
...they also had the cars to race in the BTCC (without drivers). This is significantly further than Team Clyde Valley Racing have got.

I hope Encke do appear some time later this season.
Ouch, that Clyde Valley comment hurts! ;)

ADnet
20th March 2007, 15:17
the Dunlop Sport Maxx (why two x?) Cup

Because it's cool? lol

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 15:38
BTC drivers could not compete for the championship, right, so is there any trophy for them like the Advan trophy in the wtcc ?

Northern Monkey
20th March 2007, 15:59
They can fight for the Independents' title and win that - just not the outright one. None of the drivers in BTC cars would realistically expect to win it anyway, Mike Jordan is probably the most likely to ever have a chance and even himself says he doesn't think it would happen.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 16:05
for sure independent can not challenge works drivers, like Plato, Giovanardi, Turner...espacially in with olds BTC cars, anyway shame that Motors will not cover the fantastic btcc any longer, i am really frustrated

mattie007
20th March 2007, 21:47
Get a digibox for £15 from Tesco mate. ITV4 are showing the races live.

tdb
20th March 2007, 21:52
But Encke Sport are at least racing this year in the Dunlop Sport Maxx (why two x?) Cup

Are they? we'll see!

tdb
20th March 2007, 21:53
Get a digibox for £15 from Tesco mate. ITV4 are showing the races live.

Not sure they have Tesco's or digi boxes in tunisia!

Iain
20th March 2007, 21:54
Don't think they have Tescos in Tunisia. ;) :p :

*waits for someone to prove him wrong* :o

the king
21st March 2007, 00:22
Unfortunately for Subaru WRX, you appear to be correct. When I checked the Tesco website and looked on the store locator and selected Tunisia, it came up with something like "stack overflow line 0" and my IE crashed. I tried again and it said that the nearest it could find to Tunisia was a town called Tinitsa in The Ukraine. I did search on Tunis but it sent me to Wallassey in Merseyside.

There's not even one of those Tesco Extras in a petrol garage.

Ps Tried Sainsbury and Budgens but there aren't any of those either.

Iain
21st March 2007, 01:46
They'll conquer Tunisia one day no doubt.

thompp
21st March 2007, 08:56
Unless McDonalds have already beaten them to it and its now called McTunisia.

unsung hero
22nd March 2007, 13:00
i see fionna will be gracing us with her A1 racing talent at the brit car at silverstone this weekend great news. She is then on her way to brands next weekend to whip all those blokes asssessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seatfan
22nd March 2007, 13:04
. She is then on her way to brands next weekend to whip all those blokes asssessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'll be a first then

PDS
22nd March 2007, 18:56
She is then on her way to brands next weekend to whip all those blokes asssessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought she was there to race her MG!

BTCC2
22nd March 2007, 18:59
She is then on her way to brands next weekend to whip all those blokes asssessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there. :D

thompp
23rd March 2007, 09:06

The clerk of the course might have something to say about that!!! :)

mattie007
23rd March 2007, 09:32
Is she racing her ZR or ZS?

unsung hero
23rd March 2007, 10:18
she's in the zr at silverstone and zs at brands obviously so heres to her boston bowl

unsung hero
23rd March 2007, 12:03
does anyone have the lap times for the 2 kart world mgs from this weeks testing at the Rock. Also has anybody got an answer for the reason that Marvins team don't know how to smile. Is it hide and seek season at tech speed

DJS
23rd March 2007, 12:31
Also has anybody got an answer for the reason that Marvins team don't know how to smile.
Obviously disappointed they’ve not managed to secure Paul O’Neill a drive in one of Erkuts Astra’s

Marc W
23rd March 2007, 12:51
does anyone have the lap times for the 2 kart world mgs from this weeks testing at the Rock. Also has anybody got an answer for the reason that Marvins team don't know how to smile. Is it hide and seek season at tech speed

You can find all the testing times here:

http://www.msttiming.com/toca/2007/71141trg.pdf

However its a bit pointless in terms of the Kartworld team as both MG's suffered gearbox failure before any meaningful times could be set. Jason failed to set any times at all before his went and Fiona's car was also suffering from fuel pick-up problems.

unsung hero
23rd March 2007, 16:26
not press day times this weeks times read the posted replies properly

unsung hero
23rd March 2007, 16:30
i have heard on the great vine that this seasons new black is not to smile at tech speed and that playing hide and seek is the new thing to do when you lose your top female driver and can't resign talent (paul o'neil)

Iain
23rd March 2007, 17:13
Must you make multiple posts within minutes of eachother? Can you not just put everything you want to say into the one post?

unsung hero
26th March 2007, 13:18
no i can't put it all on one post as news on hot topics come into me every min

LiamM
26th March 2007, 13:46
Still you can easily use the EDIT button

BeeJ_UK
26th March 2007, 14:27
i see fionna will be gracing us with her A1 racing talent at the brit car at silverstone this weekend great news. She is then on her way to brands next weekend to whip all those blokes asssessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was good to see Mike Jordan out in the Porsche as well.

DJS
26th March 2007, 15:49
News hot off the press is great keep it up unsung hero

Also, Fi drove well at the weekend with some Yvan Muller styli driving managed two 1st in class http://www.fionaleggate.co.uk/cgi-bin/Otusshow.pl?Silverstone_PS1

Let's hope she can bring it to the BTCC!

Funks
26th March 2007, 17:29
Still you can easily use the EDIT button

I'm thinking of using my BAN button.

I'm also thinking it may be time to put a padlock on this thread.

Captain VXR
26th March 2007, 18:51

Perhaps temporarily until some rumours for mid season come up :)

Alfa Fan
28th March 2007, 15:37
J-Team Motorsport running 2 BMW 320s?

Their website lists both Jim Pocklington (already confirmed) and Michael Wilson as their drivers for this season.

BTCC2
28th March 2007, 16:13

Nooo!

cos
29th March 2007, 23:32
J-Team Motorsport running 2 BMW 320s?

Their website lists both Jim Pocklington (already confirmed) and Michael Wilson as their drivers for this season.

Wilson might be driving for the team in another series?

In other news/rumours, yesterday's MN says Colin White won't be joining BTCC for the time being; the championship apparently wanted him to commit to at least half of the rounds and he can't/won't do that just yet. It's not ruled out though...

VkmSpouge
30th March 2007, 00:48
Well he could wait until later in the season and do what BTC Racing and Nick Leason did last year.

BTCC2
30th March 2007, 11:52
What has happened to the Lexus IS200 that Mark Jones used for the last 2 rounds of 2006?

Is this one of the cars that Xero have, along with the one that Adam Jones drove last season.

Marc W
30th March 2007, 12:41
Yes, the Mark jones car is the second Xero Lexus.