PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2007 - rumours (merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

tin-top fan
28th December 2006, 00:12
after listening to an interview with Ian Harrison on crash.net , it was quite interesting in a few points that he came up with:

-that the s2000 regulations are technically weaker than the BTCC regs that they are replacing
- there is absolutely no inscentive to run a third car, even if someone with the budget came along
- that he expects quite a few btcc-spec cars out there next season, including what looks like the Sport Hatches running again

I have to say with point 1 though, is this resentment caused by the fact that Seat now have a head start whereas previously Vauxhall have been the team to beat, or are the new regs really that bad?

Captain VXR
28th December 2006, 10:31
One will have BTCC experience and the other has a very rich dad!

Can I suggest the rich dad one could be Max Chilton?

SEATFreak
28th December 2006, 11:22
after listening to an interview with Ian Harrison on crash.net , it was quite interesting in a few points that he came up with:

-that the s2000 regulations are technically weaker than the BTCC regs that they are replacing
- there is absolutely no inscentive to run a third car, even if someone with the budget came along
- that he expects quite a few btcc-spec cars out there next season, including what looks like the Sport Hatches running again

I have to say with point 1 though, is this resentment caused by the fact that Seat now have a head start whereas previously Vauxhall have been the team to beat, or are the new regs really that bad?

How did Ian come to pretty much all three points? Especially points 1 & 2. Though I do agree with point 3. Techspeed are rumoured to be running the Sport Hatches but are likely to continue with the Astra Coupes. In what way is the S2000 regs weaker than the BTCC weaker and how is there no incentive to run three cars?

Re the point about possible resentment, as a SEAT fan of course I am gonna say yes because VXR are our only works rivals, but I really do think that. Certainly I get the impression he is edgy about his chances in 2007.

Radders
28th December 2006, 11:23
[quote="tin-top fan"]after listening to an interview with Ian Harrison on crash.net , it was quite interesting in a few points that he came up with:

In the interview, Ian Harrison made no mention of which Championship the Sport Hatches will run in, so don't jump to any conclusions - he merely talked about potential customers and the sales process is moving along.

With reference to the "strength" of the S2000 regs, I think his frustrations lie more in their apparent ambiguity. It's difficult to argue they are technically inferior as we have seen the SEATs always on the pace, so even if the tech regs can be interpreted in a number of ways, it obviously also provides a broader framework wo work within to modify and develop the parts and get them working at their best. Previously BTCC teams had rules specifying exactly what components were required, now the base car and how this can be modified seems a far more important variable.

Radders
28th December 2006, 11:26
Just seen SEATFreaks' post.

Think the decision of number fo cars to run to remain at 2 is based on the fact hatt only 2 cars can score manufacturer (and team?) championship points. However I think 3 would still prove beneficial on points scoring if one car got taken out for example. However there is also a cost element to work in there which ultimately I guess is what it comes down to

smiley_opc
28th December 2006, 11:29
it would be cool to see astra gtc's in 2007 ( i hope for o'neill and smith !! )

Iain
28th December 2006, 12:25
In what way is the S2000 regs weaker than the BTCC weaker and how is there no incentive to run three cars?

Listen to the interview and he'll give you the answers.

I do see his point, as the rules are quite vague when it comes to certain items like suspension. I blame BMW anyway. The ETCC was going to adopt the BTC-T rules until they stuck their considerable oar in and made them use a modified Super Production formula instead, which suited them. I fear costs going through the roof again with S2000 and teams spending more money to make the best of what base car they have, especially those which are really not best suited to racing.

SEATFreak
28th December 2006, 12:53
I have a document I can go to in order to get the difference in size between BTC and the S2000 cars and guess on that whether the S2000 cars would peform better, so what is the fundemental differences between the BTCC rules and the S2000 rules?

Is it much like the WTCC where there is the presence of different types of evolutions and variants? Would a Group N BMW 320i say in the WTCC which has to comply with say the evolution of the type (ET), (I am assuming means a car which has to have all the components that relates to that evolution of 320i), also comply with a BMW 320i in the BTCC?

BDunnell
28th December 2006, 13:03
Listen to the interview and he'll give you the answers.

I do see his point, as the rules are quite vague when it comes to certain items like suspension. I blame BMW anyway. The ETCC was going to adopt the BTC-T rules until they stuck their considerable oar in and made them use a modified Super Production formula instead, which suited them. I fear costs going through the roof again with S2000 and teams spending more money to make the best of what base car they have, especially those which are really not best suited to racing.

That's a very good summary of the situation. :up:

I am sure that costs will rise, because they always do and there isn't much that can be done to stop them. Some manufacturers will always spend more than others, and given that it's basically impossible to impose a budget cap that covers every aspect of a team's operation, there is really no way in which championships can prevent these situations occurring. Look at the example of Alfa in the 1994 BTCC — one team exploited the regulations to their maximum extent, spent a lot of money on winning the championship and thereby forced the hand of the powers-that-be when it came to the technical regulations. That had the knock-on effect of pushing everyone's budgets up and, in the end, killing off Super Touring.

As for those teams with inherently less suitable base cars, the example of Chevrolet shows that they can still enter the WTCC and get given certain breaks to render the car competitive, rather than just face the consequences of running an unsuitable machine (as happened with such as the Mazda 323F and Renault 19 in the BTCC).

tin-top fan
28th December 2006, 13:23
Could this be the way that Clyde Valley run Chevies in the Championship next year? http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/7489.html (thanks for the link Iain :D )

Radders
28th December 2006, 14:10
Guys, do any of us ACTUALLY have the skills to interpret and build a product to these regulations? How on earth can we be saying the rules are vague when we have no appreciation of whats involved - hence my use of the phrase "apparent ambiguity." Lets leave it to the engineers to sort out and no matter how apparently inferior and confusing the S2000 regs maybe, BTC and WTC teams have shown equally competitive cars can be built and raced - it's up to the guys in the workshops to make the most of what they have from a set of rules that appear more centrally focused on the base showroom offering. Means the manufacturers will have to offer you and I something better in the road car (if they are to be successful racing it) and makes the marketing boys and girls happy because they're actually promoting the sporting pretentions of the model in their range!

Captain VXR
28th December 2006, 14:31
Could this be the way that Clyde Valley run Chevies in the Championship next year? http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-cars/saloon-cars/7489.html (thanks for the link Iain :D )

Aww you beat me :evil: I was gonna post that d'oh

Dave Clark
29th December 2006, 10:42
and how is there no incentive to run three cars?

Only two cars can be nominated to score points, if there are 3 cars, and one of the nominated points scoring cars crashes out, the car not nominated still wont score points. So in that respect it does seem pointless...

...from a spectators position - it means less cars.

But it could help to have 3 - such as Halfords entering Howell, it can help in pushing opposition further down the field.

Iain
29th December 2006, 12:46
Indeed. Sometimes literally....... ;)

tyreman2
2nd January 2007, 11:31
I was told over the weekend that someone has bought the three Astra Hatches from triple 8 and intends to race 2 of them in BTCC in 2007 glad they havn't gone to britcar or another country.
Also some interesting comments and pics on www.adam-jones.co.uk (http://www.adam-jones.co.uk)
And another Alfa for a B'ham based driver later in the season

Captain VXR
2nd January 2007, 12:56
I was told over the weekend that someone has bought the three Astra Hatches from triple 8 and intends to race 2 of them in BTCC in 2007 glad they havn't gone to britcar or another country.
Also some interesting comments and pics on www.adam-jones.co.uk (http://www.adam-jones.co.uk)

Yay, more Vauxhalls. Good news for all :beer: . What is going to happen to the third? Will it be a spare or if someone brings enough money, it will enter too, or is it going to be used for another purpose. Next year, we could have three different types of Vauxhall http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance017.gif. Nice to hear that more cars are entering and I'm guessing the Alfa could be Birmingham based drifter Phil Morrison (obviously not :p ).

tin-top fan
2nd January 2007, 14:45
I was told over the weekend that someone has bought the three Astra Hatches from triple 8 and intends to race 2 of them in BTCC in 2007
Anything to do with Techspeed and thurlby?

Kelvin Burt was born in Birmingham......

Captain VXR
2nd January 2007, 18:51
Kelvin Burt was born in Birmingham......
That would fit in with the Alfa Romeo 156 - He drove for GA Motorsports in 2004 aka QUEST and Quest said they want to run two Alfa Romeos

dwracing23
2nd January 2007, 20:28
That would fit in with the Alfa Romeo 156 - He drove for GA Motorsports in 2004 aka QUEST and Quest said they want to run two Alfa Romeos

Quest WANT to run two Alfa's but if you listen to the interview with E Murrey on Crash, it doesnt sound 100% he will be out never mind two!

Its a good guess but wrong, infact way of the mark.

Good luck to Adam Jones I for one think he will be a big player in 2007 if the rumours I hear are correct, also Kartworld may be a big player if the other rumour is true I ve been told about.

Happy new year all.

Dan

VkmSpouge
2nd January 2007, 20:50
Good luck to Adam Jones I for one think he will be a big player in 2007 if the rumours I hear are correct, also Kartworld may be a big player if the other rumour is true I ve been told about.

I just hope your team will be playing, Dan.

It will be interesting to find out what Kartworld will be running next season. The next couple of months should be quite busy for announcements in the BTCC (I really hope so anyway), I guess we'll find out what Mr Hughes has in store for 2007.

Subaru WRX
3rd January 2007, 04:38
with 2006 N-Technology cars ?

Alfa Fan
3rd January 2007, 11:21
SEAT & Jason Plato confirmed for 2007. Team-mate TBA

Rusty
3rd January 2007, 12:02
Just read it in MSN WOOO-HOOO!!!!!!!

Funks
3rd January 2007, 12:11
Not exactly the biggest shock there has ever been though huh.

MBailey06
3rd January 2007, 12:26
No, but its nice to know that it has been confirmed.

BTCC2
3rd January 2007, 12:54
I expect they will announce his teammate/s at the Autosport Show. They did last year.

I hope it's Thompson

Neil Adams
3rd January 2007, 13:58
good news, hopefully they'll learn from 06 and have the same 2nd driver in the car all year, if it's thompson i fully expect him to out perform plato

VkmSpouge
3rd January 2007, 14:08
Good news that SEAT will be back with Jason Plato. I do hope James Thompson will be partnering him but if it isn't Thommo then I hope Darren Turner gets the drive.

tin-top fan
3rd January 2007, 18:01
News stories from todays Motorsport News:

- Dave Pinkney will reveal plans for a two-car assault on this years BTCC in a weeks time. Although the 49 year old refused to divulge what cars he will be using, he says he has two super 2000 specification machines with a manufacturers blessing. Pinkney said: "This is something i've been working on for a few years and we have some very exciting plans."

It carries on to say that they will be run in partnership with an exsisting team, probably either alfa or beemer and then won't be full works entries.

- The BTC racing Lexus could be up to a second quicker on the shorter circuits this year according to Chris Stockton.

Looking at last years qualifying for Brands, this would have put them in 12th rather than 16th place on the grid

MBailey06
3rd January 2007, 18:09
Thats not bad for BTC Racing considering in reality the first meeting at Brands would be their 3rd meeting. If they can qualify just outside the top 10 when there are hopefully 20+ cars on the grid would be no mean achievement.

BTCC2
3rd January 2007, 18:22

- Dave Pinkney will reveal plans for a two-car assault on this years BTCC in a weeks time. Although the 49 year old refused to divulge what cars he will be using, he says he has two super 2000 specification machines with a manufacturers blessing. Pinkney said: "This is something i've been working on for a few years and we have some very exciting plans."

It carries on to say that they will be run in partnership with an exsisting team, probably either alfa or beemer and then won't be full works entries.

Can't wait to hear more about this one!!!

Any idea who his teammate could be???

tisme
3rd January 2007, 18:47
Can't wait to hear more about this one!!!

Any idea who his teammate could be???

I thought everyone keeps saying he is racing at Motorbase alongside Ferrier?

LiamM
3rd January 2007, 18:59

My money is on some Alfas in conjunction with Quest then

tdb
3rd January 2007, 20:17
RE pikney
I thought everyone knew about the cars and drivers on this one!!

Ah well, maybe it's just me then?

tdb
3rd January 2007, 20:20
Heard today that a new northwest team have bought the 2 old GA astras and plan to enter the btcc.

I wonder if worn out ,outdated cars will be allowed in?

reidy_fan
3rd January 2007, 20:55
TDB, it even said in the advert that the cars required work, in your opinion as an engineer would a full overhaul be worthwhile I.E new engine, gearbox, suspension etc as the astra coupe even with techspeed's knowlege hasnt really been competitive or is it just a cheap way into the BTCC (as per the 307 etc)

makes me wonder with good BTCC spec cars like Proctor's civic, rac mg's and dynamics integras why folk want to chuck ££££ at a car that will b at the back of the field

PDS
3rd January 2007, 21:22
makes me wonder with good BTCC spec cars like Proctor's civic, rac mg's and dynamics integras why folk want to chuck ££££ at a car that will b at the back of the field

If you look at all these drivers that are coming out in S2000 spec cars, there are not going to be many BTC Spec cars out.
Making the Independents championship looking an easy win for someone!

So far John George has the best car!

VkmSpouge
3rd January 2007, 21:32

I can only guess that the old GA Astras must be comparatively cheap. Buying them would be a nice and easy way to get onto the BTCC grid if you simply want to learn the ropes for a year and then hopefully upgrade to something more competitive in the future.

tyreman2
3rd January 2007, 21:39
The team tdb refers to have bought 3 astra coupe the one Leason used plus the 2 that Quest still owned,they have purchased all Quests spares.they have bought the cars as a quick fix to get up and running but have bigger and better plans for the future.they intend to race 2 and use the other for back-up parts,etc.
Pinkney has defo bought 2 S2000 cars and will run one for himself and one for a driver with BTCC experience with a team made up of personell with BTCC backgrounds

Dave B
3rd January 2007, 21:39
Forgive me, but there's something faintly depressing about people using the BTCC to "learn the ropes".

This is supposed to be Britain's top championship. While I welcome huge grids, and appreciate that everbody concerned is making an effort and an investment to be there, I can't help thinking that one should already be a good driver and have some top-level race experience as a team before joining in.

I'm all for big grids, but not at any price.

MBailey06
3rd January 2007, 21:47
We don't even know who it is, so we should give them a chance. They obviously wouldn't be front runners but they could aim to be running in the midfield like the lexuses.

BTCC2
3rd January 2007, 21:47
Forgive me, but there's something faintly depressing about people using the BTCC to "learn the ropes".

This is supposed to be Britain's top championship. While I welcome huge grids, and appreciate that everbody concerned is making an effort and an investment to be there, I can't help thinking that one should already be a good driver and have some top-level race experience as a team before joining in.

Maybe the team is learning the ropes, but we don't know who the drivers are yet so just wait and see.

LiamM
3rd January 2007, 21:52
Is it not Mr Woodrow finally getting off the ground? The DW website says students from Preston and Leeds will be working in the team (I no Leeds aint really NW but Preston aint NE is it now)

cos
3rd January 2007, 22:25
If you look at all these drivers that are coming out in S2000 spec cars, there are not going to be many BTC Spec cars out.
Making the Independents championship looking an easy win for someone!

So far John George has the best car!

I thought the Indie championship could still be won by S2000 cars next year?

kmchow
3rd January 2007, 22:34

Well, as long as these newbies are in the Independents class, I don't have a problem with it. And hopefully, all the Independents would be in the same boat. If you have semi-works or overly well financed independents beating budget independents, I have more of a problem with that.

BTCC2
3rd January 2007, 22:38
Is it not Mr Woodrow finally getting off the ground? The DW website says students from Preston and Leeds will be working in the team (I no Leeds aint really NW but Preston aint NE is it now)

Preston and Leeds are both fairly north western

LiamM
3rd January 2007, 22:46
Well with Leeds being in Yorkshire rather than Lancashire I would say its north eastern, but it is pretty much central to be honest

PDS
3rd January 2007, 22:53
I thought the Indie championship could still be won by S2000 cars next year?

Can it??? I'm confused! Can the safety car enter? At least it will get points for laps lead.. :D

dwracing23
3rd January 2007, 22:56
Sadly not me but I think I may know who it is! I also think that they may shock a few people with choice of drivers etc - watch this space as they say.

We are moving along ok at the moment but I dont think its looking like the BTCC for this season, we should be still in the TOCA tour though. More to follow in the next month or so. Keep checking the website for updates and further BTCC information.

Happy new year.

Dan

tyreman2
4th January 2007, 01:42

Iagree with Dave in that BTCC is supposed to be the premier series in Tin Tops.but i don't think we should knock people trying to make a start in BTCC,most of them consist of team members who have done well at other types of racing,and want the opportunity to race at the top level.If anything it's the quality of some of the drivers we should be looking at!

Dickie L'Amour
4th January 2007, 12:46
I see on btcc.net the team has revealed a few of its plans. Blackburn goalie Peter Enckelman is behind it!

PDS
4th January 2007, 12:47
Heard today that a new northwest team have bought the 2 old GA astras and plan to enter the btcc.

I wonder if worn out ,outdated cars will be allowed in?

Must be this story here?

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=384&PHPSESSID=4b8bb3d528b517d071a67c909b312f9c

Robinho
4th January 2007, 13:04
thats an interesting and surprise (potential) entry, it seems no-one saw that one coming, good to see more cars on the grid and if they are well organised with decent funding then they should do ok if they get decent drivers in,

any guesses as to who they'll get?

Paul O'neill is local to the team and has good knowledge of the car?

cos
4th January 2007, 13:36
I see on btcc.net the team has revealed a few of its plans. Blackburn goalie Peter Enckelman is behind it!

I hope he doesn't score an own goal with this team (unlike the rather embarassing one he let in when playing for Villa a year or so back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18QsjFUquD8 )

BDunnell
4th January 2007, 13:37

To be honest, there have been plenty of people over the years who, by the criteria of being a 'good driver' in the context of the BTCC, would have struggled to get in.

And wasn't it you who said once before, in a thread about Mark Proctor (before he came good last year!) that if you could get the money together, you'd be out there, regardless of your racing ability?

VkmSpouge
4th January 2007, 13:50
I hope Encke Sport have a good year, I wonder who the drivers will be.

Just a thought, I look at the Encke Sport livery and I want to say, "Can I have a P please Bob?"

tisme
4th January 2007, 17:13
Well, thats me happy now!

I just heard that there will be more BMW's on the grid for 2007....

Now we should see how they are meant to go in the BTCC.

cookingfat
4th January 2007, 17:21
The team tdb refers to have bought 3 astra coupe the one Leason used plus the 2 that Quest still owned,they have purchased all Quests spares.they have bought the cars as a quick fix to get up and running but have bigger and better plans for the future.they intend to race 2 and use the other for back-up parts,etc.

Does this mean Leason will run with this team or is looking for another team?

I assumed that he was all set for this year?

Northern Monkey
4th January 2007, 17:29
Well, thats me happy now!

I just heard that there will be more BMW's on the grid for 2007....

Now we should see how they are meant to go in the BTCC.

There will be quite a few....

MBailey06
4th January 2007, 18:18
I heard that Kartworld might have got some, which would be brilliant.

BTCC2
4th January 2007, 19:04
At least this team will have no problems with a budget.

MBailey06
4th January 2007, 19:11
I think it could give the BTCC a good reputation that a professional premiership footballer is funding a team. I know its not the best footballer in the world ever but its a start I suppose.

PDS
4th January 2007, 19:21
There will be quite a few....

Would you like to enlighten us? Be more specific? Or are you guessing?

mattie007
4th January 2007, 20:09
I read on xpower forums, who have very close connections to a number of teams, that Jason Hughes hasn't got s2000 cars yet and may run 2 MG's.
It looks like WSR have s2000 spec cars and Collard Racing could reform with some ex RAC MG's.
Dreadnought, a team who run MG ZT 520's in various championships are also looking at entering, either with a ZS or ZT.

Winchester
4th January 2007, 20:23
Does this mean Leason will run with this team or is looking for another team?

I assumed that he was all set for this year?

I will try and find out, I am hoping to speak to him this week or next to do a season preview for the paper I write for. I think the car was actually owned by Daniels but I'm not sure.
Also, the GA Astras the new team are using must be ancient! Are they 02 or 03? Even the Techspeed one was an 04 car and remember how slow that one was last season!

cos
4th January 2007, 21:29
Also, the GA Astras the new team are using must be ancient! Are they 02 or 03? Even the Techspeed one was an 04 car and remember how slow that one was last season!

The ex-GA cars should be chassis #001 and #003, which were first used by Bennett and Muller in 2001!

Radders
4th January 2007, 21:38
My bet goes a WSR BMW - now that would be very cool!

Winchester
4th January 2007, 23:08
The ex-GA cars should be chassis #001 and #003, which were first used by Bennett and Muller in 2001!

Blimey! I'm worried they are going to be stupidly slow.

tyreman2
4th January 2007, 23:12
I will try and find out, I am hoping to speak to him this week or next to do a season preview for the paper I write for. I think the car was actually owned by Daniels but I'm not sure.
I don't think the Techspeed Astra could be described as slow,the early season driver maybe!
Radders I think you are spot on

LiamM
4th January 2007, 23:25
Blimey! I'm worried they are going to be stupidly slow.

Although if they require a huge overhaul then they can be brought up to a spec closer to the '04 chassis surely?

tyreman2
4th January 2007, 23:32
one of the cars is the ex Bentwood car which was built 2004 although not quite as trick as the Techspeed car,as i said in my first thread 1 car(probably the oldest) will be used for spares or as a back-up

cos
5th January 2007, 01:30
one of the cars is the ex Bentwood car which was built 2004 although not quite as trick as the Techspeed car,as i said in my first thread 1 car(probably the oldest) will be used for spares or as a back-up

The ex-Bentwood one was an '01 build as well I believe (used by Plato for the first few rounds in '01 then as the two-seater until Bentwood used it in '04).

Northern Monkey
5th January 2007, 11:05
Would you like to enlighten us? Be more specific? Or are you guessing?

Its just what I've been told but not my place to enlighten at the moment - I'm sure all will be revealed in due course!!

PDS
5th January 2007, 11:08
Its just what I've been told but not my place to enlighten at the moment - I'm sure all will be revealed in due course!!

I had to ask!

dwracing23
5th January 2007, 11:27

From no BMW's in 2005 to upto 5 in 2007! Thats progress and we may even see a potential Champion in one, and a very good young driver in another if a few plans come off!!

As far as next season I think like a few others do that we will see upto 30 cars at the first meeting, this can only be good for the BTCC.

BTCC2
5th January 2007, 11:34
I would say Turkington in a WSR BMW. I'm 99.9% certain of that.

Robinho
5th January 2007, 12:43
I would say Turkington in a WSR BMW. I'm 99.9% certain of that.

that would certainly keep Seat on their toes, i hope that comes to fruition as it would throw a spanner in the works for the supposed Seat domination of the season that many are expecting

VkmSpouge
5th January 2007, 14:00
As far as next season I think like a few others do that we will see upto 30 cars at the first meeting, this can only be good for the BTCC.

I take the cautious view, anything 20 and above will be fine in my books.

PDS
5th January 2007, 14:24
I take the cautious view, anything 20 and above will be fine in my books.

I think you will be a happy man then!

Rusty
5th January 2007, 14:54

Thanks PDS your statement alone has made my year already.....
(yes im easily pleased)

MBailey06
5th January 2007, 15:50
My guess is that there will be 26/27 cars on the grid at Brands like there was in 1994.

SEATFreak
5th January 2007, 18:22
I am wondering if I ought to guess. It is just as of late a tiny grid at Round 1 has usually balooned halfway through. I remember both the 2004 and 2005 grids starting small and by the end we had a quite impressive lineup. But the goalposts have been changed somewhat with the new S2000-spec coming in. I think the costs of setting up a team, whatever it may be, will ether make it easier or harder for teams to enter.

PDS
5th January 2007, 18:56

I am assuming that you are of male gender.. :D

I know Rusty is!

cos
5th January 2007, 19:17
I think the costs of setting up a team, whatever it may be, will ether make it easier or harder for teams to enter.

I think you may be right there....!

Jona
5th January 2007, 20:12
Some more about encke sport:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~10~id~141666~pid~1.htm

reidy_fan
5th January 2007, 20:28

well wasnt the car that Rob Collard and latterly Mark Proctor used a build from the same time and in recent times both Rob and Mark failed to get much out of it

When Nick Leason used the ex techspeed Bentwood car at Brands it wasnt too bad it really depends on how much work the new owners do on the cars

Wonder if we will see the ex John George 406 (??) out advertised at £18k including spares

LiamM
5th January 2007, 20:34
well wasnt the car that Rob Collard and latterly Mark Proctor used a build from the same time and in recent times both Rob and Mark failed to get much out of it

Rob was independent champion in 2003! I think he got everything out of it he could

Allyc85
5th January 2007, 22:35
thats not the chassis that with a bit of help rob bent at thruxton is it?

tisme
5th January 2007, 23:10
What this one?

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/2003/BTCCThruxton_191

LiamM
6th January 2007, 00:00
Can't be that one, that ones perfect!

tyreman2
6th January 2007, 00:11
Apologies to all i was given some incorrect info,encke have not bought the ex Bentwood car,but have bought a 2004 build car(the last one built) from triple 8 plus the 2 cars from Quest.

BTCC2
6th January 2007, 00:16
So which 2 will they race ?

cos
6th January 2007, 01:39
Apologies to all i was given some incorrect info,encke have not bought the ex Bentwood car,but have bought a 2004 build car(the last one built) from triple 8 plus the 2 cars from Quest.

So they have chassis #001 and #003 (ex-GA) and #011 (the only Astra Coupé built in '04).

VkmSpouge
6th January 2007, 01:57
So which 2 will they race ?

I guess they would use the latest car and try to bring one of the others up to spec.

reidy_fan
6th January 2007, 10:26
wasnt the 04 car the one Thompson had replaced after the Knockhill shunt, actually thought that Techspeed/Fiona Leggate had that car, must have been Yvan Muller's 04 car that Fiona had. I am sure Iain has all the correct info as we discussed this in great length on the old forum

The ex Rob Collard/Mark Proctor car was sold by Mark to someone in sweden wasnt it???

Winchester
6th January 2007, 11:24
As far as I know, last year's Techspeed car was Muller's new build 04 car. That's what Paul O Neill said anyway!

tdb
6th January 2007, 17:23
The ex Rob Collard/Mark Proctor car was sold by Mark to someone in sweden wasnt it???

Correct, sold in Feb 06 to Team Opel Sweden.
They wanted the car and spares for spares for the 2 cars they already had.

BTCC2
7th January 2007, 10:20
Only 4 days untill the Autosport Show!!!!!!!!!

SEATFreak
7th January 2007, 12:23
Going back to Enke Sport, I know is seems obvious to me but you never know, but will the running of the three Astra Coupe's Enke Sport have (2x ex-GA/Quest Racing and 1x ex-VXR/888???) depend on how many drivers are able to secure funds?

If only two are able to secure funds then only two will be run?

Funks
7th January 2007, 12:32
As it was said before, the plan is to only run two cars. 3 cars have been purchased but only 2 will race with a spare car available to be used as a donor.

VkmSpouge
7th January 2007, 14:35
Going back to Enke Sport, I know is seems obvious to me but you never know, but will the running of the three Astra Coupe's Enke Sport have (2x ex-GA/Quest Racing and 1x ex-VXR/888???) depend on how many drivers are able to secure funds?

Almost certainly yes. Most teams will need drivers with money to drive the cars.

Captain VXR
7th January 2007, 18:56
Only 4 days untill the Autosport Show!!!!!!!!!

I'm going on the sunday, won tickets from the SEAT Paddock Club :D

Alfa Fan
7th January 2007, 19:19
As it was said before, the plan is to only run two cars. 3 cars have been purchased but only 2 will race with a spare car available to be used as a donor.

Not according to btcc.net

"Encke Sport plans to contest its first BTCC season with at least two Vauxhall Astra Coupés."

Which indicates they hope to run all 3.

PDS
7th January 2007, 20:03
But.. If you read this interview on Crash.net, the team priciple, Ed Tilley say only TWO!

http://www.crash.net/feature_view~cid~10~id~10600.htm

Alfa Fan
7th January 2007, 20:06
For next year. Nowhere does it say they will only run 2 this year.

PDS
7th January 2007, 20:13
You obviously didn't read this part..

Ed Tilley:
Basically we are looking at running two Triple Eight built Astra Coupes in the championship this year. Obviously we are a new team so don't have high hopes of winning a championship, but we want to be as reliable as possible and learn as much as we can. We have long term plans for the team so we will see how we get on this year.

Funks
7th January 2007, 20:45
Indeed. That's what I based my statement on.

tyreman2
7th January 2007, 22:00
Not according to btcc.net

"Encke Sport plans to contest its first BTCC season with at least two Vauxhall Astra Coupés."

Which indicates they hope to run all 3.

Believe Me (please) It will be 2

PDS
7th January 2007, 22:06
Believe Me (please) It will be 2

I think we have convinced him..

Neil Adams
7th January 2007, 23:43
some good info here on the triple8 chassis and their owners over the years
http://www.touringcarworld.com/vauxhall.html

the newest car encke have (011) is the one that was built to replace the (010) chassis which was written off at knockhill

according to this info the car that techspeed have been running since 2005 is actually paul o neills old car

i wish encke motorsport all the best but their plans don't sound concrete yet,
on the crash.net Q&A ed tilley says he might drive one of the cars!? i'm pretty sure that ga updated the spec of the astras when they had them but i could be wrong, who would be likely candidates for the drives do you think?

Alfabeta2
8th January 2007, 20:46
team dynamics would never run a s2000 vauxhall in 2007 would they?

The Ripper
8th January 2007, 20:57
Chassis 11 is still with 888. Reckon it's the ex chilton astra in addition to the 2 GA chassis they've bought. Chassis 1,3 and 7(I think).

First time back on since 13/12/06 Happy new year all!

Jona
8th January 2007, 21:34
Seen as its the Autosport show this weekend, by this weekend should we know?

-what car team dynamics are using
- what car wsr/rac are using
- What the vectra s2000 looks like
- who will be the 2nd seat driver

I reckon the chances of finding all those out this weekend are good!

BTCC2
8th January 2007, 22:36
And possibly something from Jason Hughes or David Pinkney???

Winchester
8th January 2007, 23:43
Post on the btcc.net forum
WSR to run two brand new BMW 320s
Turkington in one
Gavin Smith, Dan Eaves or Gareth Howell in the other
Sounds good to me - Turks for the title!

cookingfat
9th January 2007, 00:41
Turkington in one

It will be a tall order for Turks to win the title even in the BM.

My Aunt Sally says it wont be Gareth!

kmchow
9th January 2007, 02:51
Turkington in one
I was expecting them to race BMWs, they have the most development and support. Only success/race wins attract sponsors so you have to buy the car that gives you the best chance. I guess Seats would be next choice followed by the Chevys.

MBailey06
9th January 2007, 07:56
I agree that SEATs would follow BMWs but I think Alfa Romeos would be a better piece of kit than a Chevrolet, but thats just my opinion.

tin-top fan
9th January 2007, 11:53
If you could get your hands on a couple of chevies I would presume that you would be able to get some help from chevrolet/rml though, also gaining from the upgrades to the car that happen in the WTCC. With the alfa's no longer factory supported I presume a team running them in the BTCC would have no support watsoever in what is in theory now an outdated car (looking at the standings in the WTCC this season the chevies actually outperformed the alfas if you discount farfus!)

thompp
9th January 2007, 13:46
I'd love to see Dan Eaves back! But what will Rob Collard be doing if he's lost his WSR seat?

tin-top fan
9th January 2007, 13:50
what its looking like for next year, is that Eaves and Turkington will drive BMW 320si's for Team RAC, with Collard running one of the MGs under the collard racing banner. I would also expect Howell, Neal and possibly shedden in at Team Halfords with Accords.

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 13:52
Shedden is far more likely than Howell at Team Dynamics, on both the money & performance front!

SEATFreak
9th January 2007, 13:55
Where would WSR/Team RAC get the 320si's from?

I know Weichers have sold their BMW's from 06 but they were the old i model of 320.

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 13:59
SEATFreak, he used the 's' to denote it was plural, ie, 2 BMW 320's (the apostrope shouldn't be used in this context but I'm trying to illustrate something)

The cars could either be new builds for the 2007 season, straight from Schnitzer Motorsport, or they could be 2006-spec WTCC cars, which could mean they are either the Schnitzer, Ravaglia or RBM cars.

I would guess they are the 2 RBM BMWs that Arena were trying to get.

cookingfat
9th January 2007, 14:00
Shedden is far more likely than Howell at Team Dynamics, on both the money & performance front!

Shedden brought the Bank sponsorship to TD, so don't expect any change there! Sorry, no pun intended!

Anyway, my Aunt Sally says that Gareth is close to sorting a drive out for 2007, and it's not in a rear wheel drive car!

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 14:10
Any idea where? I guess it would be with Neal & Shedden at TD

cookingfat
9th January 2007, 14:15
Yes and NO! :D

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 14:19
Thats an interesting development. Dynamics seemed keen to hold on to Howell at the end of 2006.

PDS
9th January 2007, 14:30
I heard he was talking to a team nearer his home!

tisme
9th January 2007, 14:33
I heard he was talking to a team nearer his home!
Where is Gareth from?

cos
9th January 2007, 14:43
Where is Gareth from?

Bromley (Kent). I guess there must be teams based around Brands Hatch...

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 14:45
So a team near Kent. Speed Equipe fits, but I doubt its them. However, Motorbase Performance are also in Kent - and that could be a real possibility.

tisme
9th January 2007, 14:49
So a team near Kent. Speed Equipe fits, but I doubt its them. However, Motorbase Performance are also in Kent - and that could be a real possibility.

isn't BTC Racing in near Brands?

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 14:50
Nah, they're just down the road from me in Malpas, Cheshire.

PDS
9th January 2007, 14:54
Nah, they're just down the road from me in Malpas, Cheshire.

Chris Stockton is from Malpas. The cars are based in Longfield, just down the road from Brands with Bert!

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 15:01
Details/
Team Principal: Chris Stockton
Team Manager: Bert Taylor
Address: Lane End Offices, Shocklach, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 7BN
Tel: 01375 481 260

Is what I was going on.

PDS
9th January 2007, 15:14
Details/
Team Principal: Chris Stockton
Team Manager: Bert Taylor
Address: Lane End Offices, Shocklach, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 7BN
Tel: 01375 481 260

Is what I was going on.

That is correct!

Tisme has assumed that as the cars are in Kent, that's where the team is based. But just to confuse things, the team's HQ is in Cheshire.

edenrace
9th January 2007, 16:00
If you want to buy a BMW you purchase it from BMW motorsport in Munich in kit form. Schnitzer collect the parts from BMW like everyone else but have a contract to develop cars for BMW and run the factory team.

Captain VXR
9th January 2007, 16:29
Same way as Rick Kerry's 1-series then. If anyone wants proof that you can by them [320si] in kit form, look at Luca Ragoni in the WTCC, Den Bla Avis in Denmark, Flash Engineering and Elgh Motorsport in Sweden. All ran new build 320si touring cars and West Coast Racing [Sweden] HAVE new build 2007 spec cars.

Dave Clark
9th January 2007, 16:34
Anyone have the contact details for the Kent address?

tisme
9th January 2007, 16:54
Tisme has assumed that as the cars are in Kent, that's where the team is based. But just to confuse things, the team's HQ is in Cheshire.

Yes I did.. I didn't know the Cheshire connection..

So, Going back to the original question. Who has Howell been talking to?

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 16:56
Motorbase Performance is the obvious one. AFAIK no other current/proposed BTCC team meets the criteria.

CroftPilgrim
9th January 2007, 16:56
Same way as Rick Kerry's 1-series then. If anyone wants proof that you can by them [320si] in kit form, look at Luca Ragoni in the WTCC, Den Bla Avis in Denmark, Flash Engineering and Elgh Motorsport in Sweden. All ran new build 320si touring cars and West Coast Racing [Sweden] HAVE new build 2007 spec cars.

So that means that any team could have a BMW if they've got the money. Which means that the rumoured shortage of S2000 cars isn't quite the problem it has been made out to be

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 17:00
There isn't a major shortage in Super 2000 cars, just a shortage in variety available.

Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW 3-Series are the only easily available cars. I believe this is because because manufacturers were/are willing to sell the cars as a whole self-sustainble package at a reasonable price.

MBailey06
9th January 2007, 17:39
Also if you go to Denmark or Sweden you can also get Audi A4s and Peugeot 407s. There are 8 potential S2000 manufacturers: SEAT, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Chevrolet, Honda, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Audi. So I can't believe there isn't a variety if you keep your eyes peeled.

cpearson
9th January 2007, 18:10
There will be no Collard Racing in an MG or any other car. As far as I know Rob is still in line for a WSR seat.

bout as much as I can say at the moment.

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 18:32
Rob is not in contention for a drive with the team in 2007.

As has been said elsewhere, WSR have TWO Super 2000 BMWs.

Car 1 will be driven by Colin Turkington

Car 2 will be driven by Dan Eaves, Gavin Smith or Gareth Howell.

cpearson
9th January 2007, 18:43
:) we shall see.

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 18:47
Check your PMs please.

ade t
9th January 2007, 19:22
Going back to the original question. Who has Howell been talking to?

a new team run buy a friend of his dad and looks like he be in a chevey

BTCC2
9th January 2007, 19:42
I would prefere to see Gavin Smith in the 2nd WSR BMW seat, if i'm honest. I think that he deserves it after a big improvement was shown from him in 2006.

cpearson
9th January 2007, 19:47
pm replied to.

c

MBailey06
9th January 2007, 20:03
However both Dan Eaves and Gareth Howell have won races in the past and Gavin Smith hasn't so from an employer perspective he loses out in that way, but with the money he could bring it wouldn't be the most surprising thing I've heard.

ade t
9th January 2007, 20:13
However both Dan Eaves and Gareth Howell have won races in the past and Gavin Smith hasn't so from an employer perspective he loses out in that way, but with the money he could bring it wouldn't be the most surprising thing I've heard.

sorry but gavin smith was a flop and i don t think we see him much if he fails to get a ride in 2007 eaves might be in one of the alfas that ment to be on there way here and howell as i said might be in one of the ex ray mallocks cheveys :rolleyes:

Captain VXR
9th January 2007, 20:14
a new team run buy a friend of his dad and looks like he be in a chevey

PM me on this, is it the Maurer one, another one or jst a load of bullplop? TDB will tell you that RML do not have any second hand Lacettis, they have been all sold.

ade t
9th January 2007, 20:30
PM me on this, is it the Maurer one, another one or jst a load of bullplop? TDB will tell you that RML do not have any second hand Lacettis, they have been all sold.

well don t forget thay had 8 cars built foe wtcc lat year and ray has said he would like one or two of his cars running in btcc again also rml also built the cars run in sweedish and dutch touring car s

tdb
9th January 2007, 20:37
Yaaaawn!!!! nothing has changed since i last posted about chevrolets from RML.

I beleive the maurer car is still for sale.

I think you are much more likely to see gareth in a motorbase toledo.

ade t
9th January 2007, 20:39
no turner and whats his face that drove it at silverstone

Funks
9th January 2007, 20:50
Isn't it a pity that every year during the dark months (with nothing better to discuss) that there is a temptation to actually spend more than a few seconds contemplating every rumour, hope and educated guess that gets posted in this annual thread. The only real fun part is seeing what percentage of the supposed scoops turn out to be correct - and who the insiders are that are doing the sensible thing of hiding behind their usernames. :)

ade t
9th January 2007, 20:55
ryan sharp is free and got big backing so maybe team dynamics

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 20:58
Just a note on ade t. He's got a reputation for posting nonsence on the Motors TV forum, so I don't suppose his posts here have any more substance.

BTCC2
9th January 2007, 20:58
I'm sorry ade t but you are talking absolute bull****.

ade t
9th January 2007, 20:59
we see

tdb
9th January 2007, 21:01
ade t
your sig and profile suggest you are just here to play the wind up game!

And as i am in possesion of FACTS, i know your posts are either guesswork or deliberate bluffs!

ade t
9th January 2007, 21:02
Just a note on ade t. He's got a reputation for posting nonsence on the Motors TV forum, so I don't suppose his posts here have any more substance.

well if u can t have fun then stay in bed .if don t like what i say don t read it . don t belive me fine i ll still sleep at night still :D

tdb
9th January 2007, 21:07
ade t
Maybe wearing boxing gloves while you are in bed will cure you of your affliction.

ade t
9th January 2007, 21:09
ade t
your sig and profile suggest you are just here to play the wind up game!

And as i am in possesion of FACTS, i know your posts are either guesswork or deliberate bluffs!

or maybe i know from friends in the game ;)

Funks
9th January 2007, 21:10
A few people should wear boxing gloves at all times... it would prevent them typing. :p :

tdb
9th January 2007, 21:38
OK.
to get away from silly boys that know nothing!

And is sure to get you all talking!

Fact not rumour!

Kazillimak has bought the astra sport hatches from 888 and will be running 2 cars, him +1 tba driver and will be run by Techspeed.

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 21:41
Knew that was going to happen. I believe it will be Paul O'Neill alongside him provided funding can be sorted!

LiamM
9th January 2007, 21:42
Didnt see that coming! Hope Owy gets a look in at the second drive if he can put some funds together

EDIT: Forget whatever I say, I was seconds too late!

Any word on continuing down the E85 route with the new cars?

VkmSpouge
9th January 2007, 22:24
OK.

Fact not rumour!

Kazillimak has bought the astra sport hatches from 888 and will be running 2 cars, him +1 tba driver and will be run by Techspeed.

It would be great to have Erkut Kizilirmak back :D . I would hope Paul o'Neill gets in any Tech-speed car.

Winchester
9th January 2007, 23:27
Go Owy! He would wipe the floor with Erkut, of course. But I'm sure Erkut would improve on last year.

tdb
9th January 2007, 23:35
Erkut Kazilirmak watches this forum very closely!
I think you do him an injustice winchester!!!!!

If you consider he had a quickly converted multi spec car last year, i think he did very well indeed for his first time on any uk track!

PDS
10th January 2007, 00:01
Well, at least he has a wheel gun!

(sorry, private joke with tdb!)

AndySpeed
10th January 2007, 00:22
Indeed, Kizlirmak's car from last year was'nt originally intended to race was it? Or are my facts a bit wrong there

Neil Adams
10th January 2007, 09:48
i remember seeing 5 sport hatches at the media day last year, the one Erkut Kizilirmak raced was used as the two seater at the edinburgh live event.

Compare erkuts performances to giovanardis for the first time they'd raced at a track, its great to have another entry but lets not get carried away. I dont think that time difference can all be down to the car

Alfa Fan
10th January 2007, 10:11
Giovanardi, that 6x touring car champion who has been racing at the very highest level for 10 years. Kizilirmak didn't disgrace himself in his appearances in 2006, far from it. I think he achieved what he set out to do. Gained some experience in a championship which operates at a level far higher than anything he'd previously competed in (Turkish WTCC round exempted)

I look forward to seeing how Erkut gets on this year. The story is reported in MN this week. All it states is that Vauxhall have sold all three of their "race cars" from 2006 to a unspecified team.

btracer
10th January 2007, 11:24
Yeah good point AF, they guy certainly didn't disgrace himself.

So out of all of the rumours the ones that seem to have most weight are:

WSR - 2x BMW's
and thats about it... :p :

I don't understand why everyone rates the Chevy so highly, it has only won in the WTCC because of all the weight breaks its been given. Granted its a decent car but not a patch on the BMW's, Alfa's or Seat's in raw pace. Huffy managed to win a race, and a good win it was but (sorry to go into SeatFreak mode :p :) but Priaulx who was second to him had an extra 60kg on the car added to all the weight breaks that they had recieved from the FIA. I don't think the Chevy is such a good car for a privateer to go for tbh.

Robinho
10th January 2007, 13:22
the way i see it he likely rumours look like

WSR - 2 x BMW
Dynamics - 2 x civic (as per MN and other thread)
and the Techspeed/Kizlirmak ex 888 Astras

everything else is more concrete than rumours but still not confirmed - such as Rick Kerry and everything else seems to be mostly pure speculation and a few hints from people who do know something.

from what i remember we are waiting on Kartworld Alfa's, Clyde Valley and others Chevvies, a couple of potential extra BMW's, someone in MG's, as well as confirming drives in most teams

Going back to the rumour mill entry list we seem to be looking at something like this, in rough order of probablility

Dynamics - 2/3 x Honda, probably Civics at the moment, Neal and ?

VX - 2 x Vectra, Chilton and Giovinardi

Seat - 2 x Leon, Plato and? (Turner?)

WSR RAC- 2 x probably BMW's, probably Turkington and ?(Eaves/Howell/Smith/Collard)

Motorbase - 2 x Toledo, for ? (Ferrier? possibly Pinkney?)

GSR - 1/2 x BMW 320, Martyn Bell and ?

Eurotech - 1/2 cars probaly Integra + 1 for Mike Jordan and ?

Quest - 1/2 x Alfas for Eoin Murray and ?

BTC - 2 x Lexus for Stockton and ?

Rick Kerry/West Suffolk - 1/2 x BMW 120d for himself and ?

Kartworld - 1/2 Alfa or MG's for Hughes and ?

Synchro - 1 x Honda probably Civic for James Kaye

Xero - 1/2 Lexus for ? (A Jones may be with another team?)

Enklemen - 2 x Astra Coupe for ?

Techspeed - 2 x ex 888 Astra Sport Hatch for Erkut and ? (Paul O'Neill)

Farecla - 2 x car, 1 Integra for Marsh, 1 ? for ? (peugeot or another S2000)

John George (JAG) - 1 x Integra for John George

Dave Pinkney - possible 1 x S2000 away from motorbase

That leaves us with rumoured entries by:

Arena - BMWs (gone quiet)
Mark Proctor (popular but unlikely)
Mark Smith - Alfa (quiet again, no news on old or new car)
Clyde Valeey - 2 x Chevvy or another, (no new news, no cars available if you believe some, have cars if you believe others! Dan Eaves linked with other teams again now)
DW Racing - (DW reports unlikely)
Howells dads mates new team?
Collard racing - old MG's? (Collard still liked with WSR seat?)
Nick Leason - (gone quiet)

That is a lot of ? marks surrounding drivers and cars for the probable teams, let alone the less probable entries, but still i reckon a conservative estimate of 25+ cars if all the top section put out the minimum number of cars they have been linked to.

Roll on the Autosport show, hopefully we can start filling in the blanks rather than making up new ones!

Alfa Fan
10th January 2007, 13:36
You missed a hell of a lot in that list!!!!

VXR is confirmed - with the Vectra - and Giovanardi/Chilton. How can that be below the Dynamics entry in certainty?

Kartworld Racing HAVE two Super 2000 cars, and MN thinks their SEATs!!

WSR HAVE two Super 2000 BMWs.

Motorbase,GSR,Eurotech are all confirmed too.

Synchro Motorsport WON'T be in the BTCC in 2007, but Kaye probabily will.

Mark Smith was confirmed in MN today.

AndySpeed
10th January 2007, 14:20

Team Dynamics were very happy with Shedden and I've heard (and think) that they will continue with him.

Motorbase want to run 3 Toledo's in 2007. Originally, at the end of September the team said they would run 2, but changed their plans to 3 in October.

Synchro are off to Britcar.

VkmSpouge
10th January 2007, 14:37
It's a disappointment to hear about Synchro Motorsport not returning this year. I hope they do well in Britcar.

LiamM
10th January 2007, 14:53
If TD do well with an S2000 Civic this year, we may see them back in 2008 with an old TD Civic

cos
10th January 2007, 15:31

I hope they rename the team "Turk-Speed"...

mattie007
10th January 2007, 15:56
Theres talk of Reidy returning to WSR in one of the orange beemers.

Alfa Fan
10th January 2007, 16:04
Where? Thats too good to be true. Him and Turkington in a pair of Orange Beemers!!! Would love that to happen, can't see it though.

Rusty
10th January 2007, 16:06
Theres talk of Reidy returning to WSR in one of the orange beemers.

Wheres that come from mate!!
I dont like the man personally but hes a bloody good addition to the championship.......

cpearson
10th January 2007, 16:14
first pic of the RAC BMW.

http://www.btcc.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43&d=1168444693

VkmSpouge
10th January 2007, 16:26
The BMW looks very good, though instead of a black stripe I think it should be a white one.

Captain VXR
10th January 2007, 16:37
OK.

Fact not rumour!

YES this rocks http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/cool11.gif. Three different types of Vauxhall next year :s mokin:

MBailey06
10th January 2007, 16:48
I think the black stripe works quite well actually. Fabulous looking car.

LiamM
10th January 2007, 17:00
Isn't it slightly ironic that a perfectly good car in the MG has been replaced by a BMW?

EDIT: Just realised, all we need is Rick Kerry to paint his 1-Series Orange and we have 3 orange BMWs run by a team that shortens to WSR! This is gonna get confusing i think

ade t
10th January 2007, 17:54

WSR - 2 x BMW

everything else is more concrete than rumours but still not confirmed - such as Rick Kerry and everything else seems to be mostly pure speculation and a few hints from people who do know something.

from what i remember we are waiting on Kartworld Alfa's, Clyde Valley and others Chevvies, a couple of potential extra BMW's, someone in MG's, as well as confirming drives in most teams

Going back to the rumour mill entry list we seem to be looking at something like this, in rough order of probablility

WSR RAC- 2 x probably BMW's, probably Turkington and ?(Eaves/Howell/Smith/Collard)

Clyde Valeey - 2 x Chevvy or another, (no new news, no cars available if you believe some, have cars if you believe others! Dan Eaves linked with other teams again now)

That is a lot of ? marks surrounding drivers and cars for the probable teams, let alone the less probable entries, but still i reckon a conservative estimate of 25+ cars if all the top section put out the minimum number of cars they have been linked to.

Roll on the Autosport show, hopefully we can start filling in the blanks rather than making up new ones!

888 say thay sold 4 astra s to british teams for btcc ( or brit car )

also 888 say only running 2 cars so why have thay got 8 cars in build up and 2 show cars :dozey: maybe like last year one driver might pick up a late drive with 888

Captain VXR
10th January 2007, 18:02
888 said they sold three cars. Can you not count? :p

kmchow
10th January 2007, 18:41

25+ cars if all of them showed up at a single race? It would be interesting to see how many would show up on a regular race. I recall the NATCC would have numbered like 20 cars if all of them showed up, but only averaged 10 as cars disappeared/reappeared due to budgets.

It would definitely be awesome to go to the races where the maximum number of cars would show up!

tyreman2
10th January 2007, 19:33

WSR - 2 x BMW

As i wrote in a previous post Adam Jones has no plans to race in a Lexus next season
Pinkney is not in Motorbase's plans,He will team up with Marsh in 2 alfa's probablyrun by Griffin
Dynamics will run 2 cars for Neal and Sheddon,probably Accord's
Turkspeed (I love it!) will run 2 of the ex 888 Astra's for Kizilimark and a driver with BTCC experience, O'neil or Jones
Mark Smith will use his current car (it's at the show) as will Nick Leason
Enckle sport will run 2 cars,again Jones and O'neil are in the frame for that
Question. What will happen to the techspeed Astra coupe now? That would be a great car for a newcomer to use

Allyc85
10th January 2007, 21:20
oooh that team RAC beemer is sexy!!

Ian McC
10th January 2007, 21:22
So far BMW's in the recent BTCC have been a disaster, will the change to S2000 really make a difference?

Ur not a salmon
10th January 2007, 21:26
Main problem has been tyres. I'm sure with the prospect of more of them coming in, Dunlop will be making a big effort to tune the tyres to the RWD cars such as the BMWs and the Lexuses.

Piesjohn
10th January 2007, 21:48
Does anyone know about the spec of WTCC tyres are they really that different to the Dunlops?

Winchester
10th January 2007, 21:55
Erkut Kazilirmak watches this forum very closely!
I think you do him an injustice winchester!!!!!

If you consider he had a quickly converted multi spec car last year, i think he did very well indeed for his first time on any uk track!

Agreed, he certainly didn't disgrace himself.
And I hope I am proved wrong because anything which means (a) another overseas driver in the series and (b) better quality of driver throughout the field.

Winchester
10th January 2007, 21:56
I meant to add I hope to speak to Nick Leason tomorrow and see what his latest plans are. Update when I get it!

btracer
10th January 2007, 22:02
WSR looking good for next year then, serious contenders.

Car looks good and with two quick drivers its looking good for them.

Anyone know if there 07 cars or some of last years?

Piesjohn
10th January 2007, 22:12
Thought I read somewhere that they were 06 cars.

Radders
10th January 2007, 22:25
My bet goes a WSR BMW - now that would be very cool!

I don't like to brag, but man I'm good! Mystic Meg move over love...

tdb
10th January 2007, 22:44
Sorry to burst your bubble Radders but it was old news to a lot of people before you posted that!

dwracing23
10th January 2007, 22:47
I meant to add I hope to speak to Nick Leason tomorrow and see what his latest plans are. Update when I get it!

I'll save you the time - working hard on the BTCC for 2007. He may spring a few shocks as other things are also progressing well.

Nicks a top bloke and fully deserves a place on the grid for 07.

2 semi-works Alfa's in the BTCC that will good, also a team to run the BMW's how they should be run.

Alfa Fan
10th January 2007, 23:29
Whats this about the semi-works Alfas? Any clues?

tdb
10th January 2007, 23:43
thought you knew it all AlfaFan????

The semi-works thing is such old news, this and btcc forums are littered with clues!

Alfa Fan
10th January 2007, 23:48
Would you mind refreshing my memory?

Ur not a salmon
10th January 2007, 23:49
But then that'll jog your memory and you'll pass the news off as your own elsewhere, claiming that a contact told you this and that. ;)

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 00:08
lol - either you know or you don't - and if its as obvious as you make it seem, then lots of people know, so just post who it is!

tdb
11th January 2007, 00:20
well, Johnathan, read what i have posted here and elsewhere and see if 2+2 makes 4, not 5 like it normally does for you!

As someone who professes to know so much, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

you should know by now that i only post facts as i know them.
when they are 100% confirmed then i post them as such!

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 00:29
My only guess is its related to the story about Dave Pinkney in MN last week, but that could be miles off.

tyreman2
11th January 2007, 00:35
My only guess is its related to the story about Dave Pinkney in MN last week, but that could be miles off.

Besides the forum being littered with clues as tcp (sorry tdb) say's I told you the answer in my last post

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 00:38
You mean the Pinkney/Marsh thing? I knew about that, but I don't think its a semi-works deal?

tyreman2
11th January 2007, 06:45
I understand that they are recieving technical help from N-technology and will be distributor of Alfa parts for the UK

Neil Adams
11th January 2007, 11:37
WSR looking good for next year then, serious contenders.

Car looks good and with two quick drivers its looking good for them.

Anyone know if there 07 cars or some of last years?

i've read somewhere that they're brand new built 07 spec cars

the livery is basically the same as those in wtcc, e.g. stripes in the same place. I think the diagonal white stripes of last years livery would work quite well with the bimmer.

Ur not a salmon
11th January 2007, 12:56
You mean the Pinkney/Marsh thing? I knew about that, but I don't think its a semi-works deal?

C'mon, say it: "I believe that Team Griffin/Farecla will be running a semi-works Alfa Romeo 156 team in 2007, with Marsh and Pinkney driving, according to my contact." ;)

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 12:59
It won't be Griffin ;) According to Motorsport News last week, Dave Pinkney is being run by a new team thats being formed for this season.

Robinho
11th January 2007, 14:18
You missed a hell of a lot in that list!!!!

VXR is confirmed - with the Vectra - and Giovanardi/Chilton. How can that be below the Dynamics entry in certainty?

Kartworld Racing HAVE two Super 2000 cars, and MN thinks their SEATs!!

Motorbase,GSR,Eurotech are all confirmed too.

Synchro Motorsport WON'T be in the BTCC in 2007, but Kaye probabily will.

Mark Smith was confirmed in MN today.

jesus, chill out,

i know VXR are confirmed, i did say "rough" order, purely went from the bigger teams down, and i put all the confirmed details in next to the team name. we know Dynamics and Neal will be there but not in what yet. i went with the view that certain entries would be from VX, SEAT, Dynamics and WSR in terms of the big 4 from last season

at the time, it was not knowledge that WSR had BMW's, everyone assumed they did but the news was not released. now it is confirmed (and very nice it looks too)

i said Kartworld probably have a couple of S2000 cars, as people think, again it is not confirmed, even if you KNOW this to be fact. i imagine they have and that they could well be Seats or Alfa's, i have seen both rumoured

Motorbase, Eurotech and GSR are all in the list, the complete details of their entires are still up for devabte as to number of cars etc.

Synchro i did not know, that piece of news passed me by, sorry for including them.

Mark Smith news had been thin on the ground, apparantley until today, glad to see him back again.

all i was doing was summarising the thread and relegating some of the more far fetched or disputed rumours. i thought this might be a nice idea the day before the Autosport show started confirming things we still didn't know, but apparently not

Robinho
11th January 2007, 14:24
so if Marsh is now running and semi-works Alfa with Pinkney in a new team, where does that leave the Integra he bought?

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 14:29
Sold on perhaps?

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 19:01
Drivers in contention at Encke Sport

- Ed Tilley
- Adam Jones
- Dan Buxton
- Nick Beaumont

I can't see Adam Jones being with the team, think him/Xero/Lexus is more likely. My guess would be Dan Buxton & Nick Beaumont as the first two drivers, and Ed Tilley in a third car if they have the budget.

BTCC2
11th January 2007, 19:20
Source?

And, they have said. AND people on here have repetedley said they are only going to be running 2 cars.

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 19:23
Autosport.

tyreman2
11th January 2007, 19:42

- Ed Tilley
- Adam Jones
- Dan Buxton
- Nick Beaumont

I can't see Adam Jones being with the team, think him/Xero/Lexus is more likely. My guess would be Dan Buxton & Nick Beaumont as the first two drivers, and Ed Tilley in a third car if they have the budget.

Alfa fan,no offence but how many times do you need to be told Adam Jones will NOT be racing in a Xero/Lexus

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 19:47
Post me the link to where it is stated factually that Adam WILL not be with Xero?

His website says he has 3 options - 2 with Super 2000 teams (one of them possibly Xero) and 1 with a BTC-Touring team.

Unless your willing categorically state otherwise, thats what I'm believing.

VkmSpouge
11th January 2007, 19:58
I don't think Adam Jones would opt to drive for Encke Sport. I mean no offence to Encke but there have to be some drives available at a team which will be closer to the front of the grid. That said I think Encke would pull off a small coup getting Danny Buxton and Nick Beaumont to be their drivers.

Alfa Fan
11th January 2007, 20:01
Depends. If the drive doesn't require the driver to bring finance, then many drivers will be interested, as its the best they can achieve.

Winchester
11th January 2007, 21:35
Please excuse my ignorance but Beaumont is not a driver I'm familiar with. What has he raced in?

BTCC2
11th January 2007, 21:41
He raced in the BTCC in 2001 in a Honda Integra.

BTCC2
11th January 2007, 21:48
http://www.redshoes-archive.com/info.php?ID=1489&cat=78

Thats him in the orange car.

http://www.redshoes-archive.com/info.php?ID=1527&cat=80

And that's him..

MattL
11th January 2007, 22:03

Alfa fan,no offence but how many times do you need to be told Adam Jones will NOT be racing in a Xero/Lexus

'Categoric' enough for me.

PDS
11th January 2007, 22:10

Not yet! They have yet to be delivered!

It won't be Griffin. According to Motorsport News last week, Dave Pinkney is being run by a new team thats being formed for this season.

Wait and see!

mattie007
11th January 2007, 22:32
Just read some details of a major team being sponsored by AA! Think this could be TD! So we could have a RAC Vs AA battle!! Or WSR Vs TD! Should make the racing even more closer!

PDS
11th January 2007, 22:46
Just read some details of a major team being sponsored by AA! !

Suddenly, It all becomes clear! You just don't know what information you have there!

Think this could be TD! So we could have a RAC Vs AA battle!! Or WSR Vs TD! Should make the racing even more closer!

Way off... No-one saw this coming....

cos
11th January 2007, 23:09
- Nick Beaumont

Beaumont's a blast from the past! Nick driving for a BTCC team with a strong football involvement...? Seen that before somewhere :D (where's Jo Clarke these days?)

Just read some details of a major team being sponsored by AA!

Intriguing! (presuming it's the AA and not Alcoholics Anonymous). If,as PDS says, no one's seen this coming then let the guessing and wild speculation begin! :p :

PDS
11th January 2007, 23:28
Intriguing! (presuming it's the AA and not Alcoholics Anonymous). If, as PDS says, no one's seen this coming then let the guessing and wild speculation begin! :p :

As far as i'm aware, there are only two other people on this forum that know the answer to this!

So speculate away!

tisme
11th January 2007, 23:33
As far as i'm aware, there are only two other people on this forum that know the answer to this!

So speculate away!

Is one of them Alfa Fan? He always seems to have the answers!

cos
11th January 2007, 23:34

So speculate away!

Ah, but if we get it right will you/they let us know, or will we be left to degenerate into further mindless rumourmongering...

...I (completely) guess it involves Saabs. Just because it's probably the only manufacturer not mentioned on this thread so far. With, hm, Vic Lee running it. How wrong could that be?

PDS
11th January 2007, 23:40
Just read some details of a major team being sponsored by AA!

Notice, the word MANUFACTURER does not appear in this statement!

The word is TEAM!

Ah, but if we get it right will you/they let us know, or will we be left to degenerate into further mindless rumourmongering...

I'm not a complete ******* like some here!

Is one of them Alfa Fan? He always seems to have the answers!

I very much doubt it!

Piesjohn
12th January 2007, 01:27
If AA are sponsoring, then they have budget to buy cars... good cars, which would challenge. Then they would need 2 experienced drivers.

1 of 3 - take your pick
TD - Are Halfords still are kinda linked to AA (workshops etc) would make sense
Kartworld - Rumours at Seat or Alfa's
Pinkey's New Team - some are very confident that they will have S2000 cars

My Money is on TD..... but I just have this feeling about Kartworld.

Am I anywhere near?

Neil Adams
12th January 2007, 09:28
im gonna go with one guess for this aa team:
arena motorsport with bmws

tyreman2
12th January 2007, 10:04
Post me the link to where it is stated factually that Adam WILL not be with Xero?

His website says he has 3 options - 2 with Super 2000 teams (one of them possibly Xero) and 1 with a BTC-Touring team.

I am categorically stating that Adam will not be racing with Xero,He told me himself,it doesn't have to be in a magazine to be true! He has been talking to Encke,but they where not the BTCC team mentioned on his web site.At the moment he has had an offer that is overwhelmingly better that any of the others,but needs more money than he has at the moment.so first priority is to raise that money.If that can't be done then he has the other options to go to.one way or another he will be racing in 2007 but it won't be with Xero

Alfa Fan
12th January 2007, 12:33
im gonna go with one guess for this aa team:
arena motorsport with bmws

Funny, thats who I was going to guess too.

Robinho
12th January 2007, 14:03
i'm sure i remember seeing something about there definatley going to be some yellow on (private) Seats this year, but i imagine the mystery Alfa team running with Pinkney to be the top contender, unless its completely left field and we have no clues at all

ADnet
12th January 2007, 15:42
I'd say either Arena's BMW's or Pinkneys new team... would make sense if they have a major sponsor that they could finance setting up a new team for the season.
Good to add to the list, that we now have Mark Smith in his Alfa & Gareth Howell at Motorbase

Captain VXR
12th January 2007, 16:01
I say Arena BMWs. The battle of the recovery team BMWs :cool: