PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Drivers doing Britcar 24 hours

Jona
7th September 2007, 13:30
Just looking at the entry list for this weekend and theres a few BTCC drivers past and present there plus the Top Gear team!

Andy Neate
Anthony Reid
Gareth Howell
Alan Gow!
Fiona Leggate
John George

and probably a few others i've missed. Looks like a good event!

Iain
7th September 2007, 14:34
David Leslie, Hamish Irvine :D , Guy Povey, Dave Allan, Richard Meins, Mark Smith. Lots of BTCC drivers past and present.

Did you notice who was driving car 78, the BMW 330d? Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond and The Stig. :D

VkmSpouge
7th September 2007, 15:05
David Leslie, Hamish Irvine :D , Guy Povey, Dave Allan, Richard Meins, Mark Smith. Lots of BTCC drivers past and present.

Tim Sugden is there too. Great to see Hamish Irvine still active, I can still remember his Independents' Cup victory in his Peugeot 405 in 1995.

Did you notice who was driving car 78, the BMW 330d? Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond and The Stig. :D

Any time May loses the Stig can make up.

Alfa Fan
7th September 2007, 15:35
I'd expect May to be the quickest of the three presenters in an enduro.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th September 2007, 15:51
May's had driver training from Jackie Stewart ;)

Northern Monkey
7th September 2007, 16:30
Fiona is only doing it if she has found some team-mates as there weren't enough drivers for the car last weekend.

Iain
7th September 2007, 18:09
Tim Sugden is there too. Great to see Hamish Irvine still active, I can still remember his Independents' Cup victory in his Peugeot 405 in 1995.

Sugden's had a late call up to the Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari in the FIA GTs at Adria, so might not be there. Not until the early hours of Sunday morning anyway!

I didn't know Hamish was still competing, the last I saw of him, was on Deals On Wheels where a woman took her Citroen BX to his scrapyard. :p :

Marc W
8th September 2007, 07:39
Fiona isn't now racing her own MG ZR as she was let down by some drivers late on and wasn't able to find enough replacements but she has switched to one of the Daniels Motorsport Honda Civic type Rs. (Number 68, Green with Red Bumpers.)

I was listening to Top gear's radio transmissions last night during night Qualifying, very funny;

Pit: James where are you at the moment?
James May: You keep talking to me on that difficult corner and I keep COCKING IT UP!

and this one;

Jeremy Clarkson: BAD!
PIt: Pardon, are you okay?
Silence
Pit: Where are you Jeremy?
JC: I'm on the ***** track. Where do you think I'd be?!!
Pit: Where on the track are you?
JC. I'm coming past the pits, it's a BMW with a big ***** Wing on it. You can't miss it!

Right at the end

James May: I think i've broken it.
Pit: what have you broken?
James: Everything, it's stopped working.
Pit: Whats it doing?
James: I think the gearbox has gone, its making a great big clonking noise.

Captain VXR
8th September 2007, 09:00
Lol I hope they're put on the program :rotflmao:

m0rk
8th September 2007, 10:53

lmfao, that's the kind of stuff that makes for comedy genius

VkmSpouge
8th September 2007, 12:13
I was listening to Top gear's radio transmissions last night during night Qualifying, very funny;

Pit: James where are you at the moment?
James May: You keep talking to me on that difficult corner and I keep COCKING IT UP!

and this one;

Jeremy Clarkson: BAD!
PIt: Pardon, are you okay?
Silence
Pit: Where on the track are you?
JC. I'm coming past the pits, it's a BMW with a big ***** Wing on it. You can't miss it!

Right at the end

James May: I think i've broken it.
Pit: what have you broken?
James: Everything, it's stopped working.
Pit: Whats it doing?
James: I think the gearbox has gone, its making a great big clonking noise.

It's going to be one of the better episodes isn't it? :D

tintin
8th September 2007, 15:25
Rob Huff is also racing...

Rover V8
8th September 2007, 16:10
...and meanwhile, up at Croft it's British GT, and who should turn up in a Viper but Paul O'Neill.

Apparently there's a story going round that more than one driver might be The Stig this weekend...

'The Top Gear garage is a source of endless fascination to the public, a burly security guard preventing prying eyes from viewing goings on there, in particular the racing debut (in this guise) of the Stig – sources suggest that at least four drivers, some very familiar names to DSC readers, have signed on as the Stig!' (source: Dailysportscar.com)

Iain
8th September 2007, 17:02
Hamster's taking it serious anyway. He's even grown a 1970s racing driver hairstyle. http://www.imm-photography.co.uk/gallery2/Motorsport/Britcar2007/Qualifying/_G2G0029.JPG.html

BeansBeansBeans
8th September 2007, 17:40
...and meanwhile, up at Croft it's British GT, and who should turn up in a Viper but Paul O'Neill.

Fantastic!

I'm off to Croft tomorrow, so now I can cheer on the Widnes Wonder.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th September 2007, 23:08
Team Top Gear are 38th out of 61 at the moment

http://www.sportsync.net/sportsyncaccesspages/LiveTimingEERC.html

thetrooper_uk
8th September 2007, 23:13
Lol nice hair, all he needs now is an open face helmet.

Marc W
8th September 2007, 23:37
UPDATE: Hamster just had a huge off with the Chad Mosler. Car being returned to the pits on a truck. There is apparently a lot of damage. Hope they can fix it, its been brilliant listening to their team radio.

Fiona's car is currently 29th, (3rd in Class.) it had a bad first stint but Fiona and the subsequent drivers have dragged it back up the field. Her next stint in the car is at 1:30am.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th September 2007, 23:55
Hamster crashed on the Hanger straight with the Mosler. The Cad Mosler was the fastest on track at that moment. I think all four Top Gear presenters have had a go in the car :) The Stig was lapping in the 2:16's, Hamster was in the 2:27's

Allyc85
9th September 2007, 10:50
what is it with Hamster n big crashes lol

Neil Adams
9th September 2007, 12:18
just noticed that alan gows in car 47,
on the live timing are sc1 and sc2 the safety cars?
anyone know whos driving car 4, the apex motorsport jag xkr?
top gear bm looks ace!

good result for oneill in the gts, notice blanckleys there as well

Captain VXR
9th September 2007, 12:42
TG are pos 42 at the mo

Iain
9th September 2007, 15:18
Ahh, the Top Gear thing becomes clearer. They're using the bio-fuel they made in the episode with the tractors in the BMW. Apparantly. :p :

Alfa Fan
9th September 2007, 15:56
Ahh, the Top Gear thing becomes clearer. They're using the bio-fuel they made in the episode with the tractors in the BMW. Apparantly. :p :

Yeah, that was in press release for the race ages ago.....thought it was common knowledge.

Iain
9th September 2007, 16:40
Not really, no.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th September 2007, 16:46
Top Gear finish 39th, 3rd in class. Duller motorsport win

Alfa Fan
9th September 2007, 16:54
Not really, no.

I didn't mean to sound patronising btw!

Les
10th September 2007, 13:20
just noticed that alan gows in car 47,
on the live timing are sc1 and sc2 the safety cars?
anyone know whos driving car 4, the apex motorsport jag xkr?
top gear bm looks ace!

good result for oneill in the gts, notice blanckleys there as well

Duke car died as did Huffy's Viper.
Jaguar raced by Stuart Scott, Chris Ryan, Michael Neuhoff and a journo (Fickel?)

SEATFreak
11th September 2007, 13:21
Fortunately the Hamster wasn't hurt at all and after a repair to equal to the job Schnitzer did on Augusto Farfus' beemer after qualification for Pau he was able to carry on but a scare nevertheless for Richard.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070911/tuk-uk-britain-hammond-fa6b408_2.html

Rover V8
11th September 2007, 20:07
Duke car died as did Huffy's Viper.
Jaguar raced by Stuart Scott, Chris Ryan, Michael Neuhoff and a journo (Fickel?)

Andrew Frankel from Autocar magazine