PDA

View Full Version : Citroen Sport: 2 crews at Cork rally!

Xsara Fan
7th September 2007, 11:52
Citroën Sport has decided to enter two cars for the Cork 20 International Rally (September 28-30) with a view to honing its preparations for the final phase of the 2007 WRC season.
The inaugural Rally Ireland, the fifteenth and penultimate round of this year's World Rally Championship, is scheduled to take place on November 15-18 and its inclusion for the first time in the WRC calendar has prompted a long list of questions regarding the profile of the atypical stages competitors can expect to find. Sébastien Loeb, Daniel Elena, the C4 WRC and Citroën Sport were able to gain an initial idea of the country's roads thanks to their participation on last June's Donegal Rally. Victory on that event enabled the team to glean a great deal of valuable information.
"To build up an even bigger picture of the Irish stages," explains Guy Fréquelin, "Citroën Sport has decided to enter two cars for the Cork Rally. Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena will be able to gain extra experience of these highly specific roads at the wheel of a C4 WRC, while Dani Sordo and Marc Marti will get their first taste of competition in the country with a
Xsara WRC, since Citroën Sport has no other C4s available for the weekend in question."

Donney
7th September 2007, 12:02
It would be funny if the Xsara beat the C4 here, not that I think it will happen anyway.

Good news for Cork.

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 12:17
We don't want this year to end in Ireland, it's just being an absolute classic. Roll on Cork and then Rally Ireland.

Josti
7th September 2007, 12:23
Is it true that both Ford's will be there too, or only Hirvonen?

Seems Citroën does everything for their title hopes this year.

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:15
It would be funny if the Xsara beat the C4 here, not that I think it will happen anyway.

Good news for Cork.

Well, be aware of the fact is a partecipation in order to tune the best setup for November event, nothing more. They will try different setups and they hope to get into rainy and slippery conditions, because nor Gronholm in February nor Loeb in June tested the rain.

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 13:24
Well, be aware of the fact is a partecipation in order to tune the best setup for November event, nothing more. They will try different setups and they hope to get into rainy and slippery conditions, because nor Gronholm in February nor Loeb in June tested the rain.

puntopower,

Both Gronholm and Loeb experienced rain when they competed here.

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:44
puntopower,

Both Gronholm and Loeb experienced rain when they competed here.

I read my national rally newspaper, Tuttorally+, which sentenced they were unlucky, because they didn't test similar conditions of the upcoming WRC round. You do surely know better than them!

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 14:06
I read my national rally newspaper, Tuttorally+, which sentenced they were unlucky, because they didn't test similar conditions of the upcoming WRC round. You do surely know better than them!

Granted it wasn't as muddy as Ireland in November could be. Gronholm had to contend with icy roads (not extreme though unlike Monte) and Loeb had lots of rain to contend with as our summer here has been fairly poor weatherwise.

MYCROFT4
7th September 2007, 14:45
"Is it true that both Ford's will be there too, or only Hirvonen?"

Mikko only for Cork.

puntopower
7th September 2007, 14:53
"Is it true that both Ford's will be there too, or only Hirvonen?"
Mikko only for Cork.

Well, it is quite obvious that Gronholm should race the event in order to defend or attack in the WRC drivers standings.

Lalo
7th September 2007, 15:12
Great news! That rally is gonna be awesome!

_ Real showdown between C4 and the Xsara.
_ A Ford is gonna be in that battle as well (too bad Marcus isn't gonna take part of that :( ).

Addicted
7th September 2007, 16:04
Eugene Donnelly and Mark Higgins are getting nice challengers. It`s gonna be great opportunity for them to show what they can do against world class drivers.

alleskids
7th September 2007, 19:05
If Duval should also appear in the Rally Ireland, on behave of Citroen Sport (/ Kronos Racing) , they have a set up for his Xsara WRC :) .

Langdale Forest
7th September 2007, 19:10
I think Loeb will be able to beat Sordo on this rally.

Would it be possible if an Irish driver won the WRC Rally Ireland?

A.F.F.
7th September 2007, 22:30
Would it be possible if an Irish driver won the WRC Rally Ireland?

With an amazing retirement rate, yes :)

Livewireshock
8th September 2007, 00:20
With some 130 WRC cars lying around Ireland in all sorts of back sheds & in team garages, I am dreaming of a field reversed with nearly all WRC cars and only 10-15 Gp N cars & only because of the PWRC running there.

Wim_Impreza
8th September 2007, 09:15
With some 130 WRC cars lying around Ireland in all sorts of back sheds & in team garages, I am dreaming of a field reversed with nearly all WRC cars and only 10-15 Gp N cars & only because of the PWRC running there.

That is only dreaming indeed. Sure there will be a limit of WRC cars in Rally Ireland.

Livewireshock
8th September 2007, 09:19
That is only dreaming indeed. Sure there will be a limit of WRC cars in Rally Ireland.

I know, I know but please let me be blissful in my dreams.

setannta007
8th September 2007, 16:51
With an amazing retirement rate, yes :)
Give Chris Meekes a Xsara in Cork,and he W'ont need retirements,with respect to my Learned Friend. :D

gerrycrossey
8th September 2007, 18:59
they capped the entire entry for Rally Ireland at 90 cars in total. with respect to the number of WR cars in Ireland id say its more like 50-60, theres a list and a list of Regs on Ireland rally forum http://www.rallyforums.com

Donney
10th September 2007, 09:05

I know, I know I would not read much into those results in terms of competitiveness, but it would be surprising.

What I really hope is Sordo makes the best from this Cork appearance since I will be going to the Ireland Rally and I want him to show his speed.

N.O.T
12th September 2007, 23:22
http://www.totallysideways.com/content/view/180/3/

here is the entry...taken from the british rallying forum...

hmmmmm I think Meeke has a golden chance here.....if he shows he can challenge Hirvonen and given the fact that he has tested the C4......he might get a chance in the rally Ireland.