PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Brands...who do you think is going to win then?

aurelie
7th September 2007, 11:04
Priaulx's never won there, Thompson is the master and I reckon his 156 is gona be quite good and Rob Huff is getting better and better....

What do you all think? Is anyone going by the way? :)

Vaughan2005
7th September 2007, 11:14
Hey, i agree it's going to be a tough one to pick a winner but hopefully it will be a Brit!!! I'd like to see Huff win as the Chevvy's and he deserve it, but in all honesty i can see it being a SEAT Win.

I will be there on the Sunday - hotel is booked - just got to pre-order my tickets now :) Will you be there? Where will you be sitting/viewing from?

aurelie
7th September 2007, 11:43
mmm...could even be a Menu win with Chevie...he knows the track well too! I'm rooting for Thomo personally though!

Def going, I've lucked in tho - one of my friend knows a friend, blablabla...end result is I'll be watching from the paddock! Really excited!

Let me know which part of the track you pick though, I don't know Brands that well so would love some tips as to where's best in case I go on a wonder!

SEATFreak
7th September 2007, 12:59
but in all honesty i can see it being a SEAT Win.

I hope so. And I hope it is either Gene or Muller as it will be further proof SEAT's teams like SEATSport UK, SEATSport, GR Asia and SEAT-Sport Italia can switch to diesel power without fearing loss of performance of results.

Because although I think theirs not a dramatic imporvement the teams fortunes hasn't dipped.

But my team bias aside I do think it will be a blue and gold car across the line in Race 1. I predict Menu.

Steelrat
7th September 2007, 22:18
Correct me if I'm wrong (please) but I don't think Eurosport is showing it live .... :-(

P

Steelrat
7th September 2007, 22:21
Duh!! ..... Correcting meself ... it *is* being shown live ....

I'll just go and lie down ....

P

SEATFreak
8th September 2007, 08:27
I hope it will still mean the usual highlights show on C4 a few days later.

m0rk
8th September 2007, 10:44
I think Huffy may be in with a chance with their *illegal* :D engine, and I think Muller will do well with the TDi, especially with that uphill drag out onto the GP circuit.

Alfa's might do OK, but I don't think the BMW's will dominate that much

ATF
8th September 2007, 21:17
A bit off topic, but are ITV planning any coverage of the event? They did highlights on the day last year, hopefully something similar?!

Eunos
9th September 2007, 01:39
If i remember last year Priaulx was winning till he Went off at Paddock Hill bend giving the Win to Menu.

I put my Money on any ex BTCC Champion Menu, Muller, Tarquini or Thompson.

Allyc85
9th September 2007, 10:49
Huff and Muller in the diesel to win :D

SEATFreak
9th September 2007, 12:50
My view of the drivers in the WTCC that nobody is the outright top driver. The driver that is scoring highly and/or winning nearly every time and do it with great ability.

Looking at the form of everyone on closer inspection their is a few drivers have been scoring consistently; if not winning consistently. In BMW Praulx, Farfus and Muller J, in SEAT Muller Y and Tarquini, and in Chevy Larini and Menu.

But if anyone in the roster looks like being the outright top driver in the series and therefore the likely candidate for winner is current leader Augusto Fafus. His fighting spirit, especially at Pau has been great.

So I am going for Farfus in one and in the other Yvan Muller. Deffo.

Vaughan2005
10th September 2007, 00:07
mmm...could even be a Menu win with Chevie...he knows the track well too! I'm rooting for Thomo personally though!

Def going, I've lucked in tho - one of my friend knows a friend, blablabla...end result is I'll be watching from the paddock! Really excited!

Let me know which part of the track you pick though, I don't know Brands that well so would love some tips as to where's best in case I go on a wonder!

Wow - You are really lucky to be able to get in and view from the paddock at Brands Hatch - i hope you have a great day!!! I'm going to be sitting around Paddock Hill Bend which is the first corner. It's great seeing them come from the start/finish straight and down the hill. It is great for the first few laps when the cars are all bunched up - always sure of a few incidents and overtaking. From Paddock Hill Bend you can also see the cars going up towards Druids Hairpin and then down and up towards the grand prix section :)

Its going to be a great day!!!

Allyc85
10th September 2007, 16:05
im not jealous..... im not jealous.....

NoahsGirl
11th September 2007, 16:48
I'll be there, first time at a WTCC event and 1st time at Brands - can't wait! Of course, I'll be supporting Yvan! As for who will win, I think it is too close to call.

SEATFreak
12th September 2007, 09:26
I have changed my mind......COLIN TURKINGTON will win! :up: :)

Allyc85
12th September 2007, 11:14
lol I was going to say the same ;)

Les
12th September 2007, 13:33
got to be Huffy for a win -I'd love to see him on the podium in person.
I'll be there at Paddock Hill Bend :)