PDA

View Full Version : Rally Ireland 2007 rumours

puntopower
7th September 2007, 07:51
I have already booked the flight and some rooms in a B&B around the stages of Rally Ireland in mid of November. Does anybody know where the shakedown stage will be hosted?

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 10:44
It's going to be based about 4.5km north of Sligo town from what I've heard.

GigiGalliNo1
7th September 2007, 10:48
"Ninety cars will be entered in Rally Ireland with all the major manufacturers’ teams, including Citroen and Ford, represented. The event is also a round of the Production Car World Championship."

turves
7th September 2007, 10:50
Its certainly going to be a good craic...

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:17
It's going to be based about 4.5km north of Sligo town from what I've heard.

You stated that it would be in the area where the SSS is hosted.

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:19
I booked the flight just one week ago and last night I was able to book even a B&B in the Leitrim area at last!

During the last week I sent about two dozens of e-mail messages and yesterday I phoned about twenty B&B's in Sligo town, but they are all booked up. Somebody even told me that they got reservations in October 2006!

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 13:26
You stated that it would be in the area where the SSS is hosted.

No, the SSS is 200km away from Sligo in Belfast.

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:31
No, the SSS is 200km away from Sligo in Belfast.

Yes, you are right, because you meant the introductory SSS. There's even the final SSS, which is 10 km north far from Sligo, SS19. I meant the latter.

It will be my first time in Ireland! I'm looking forward to coming in your country.

bf1_IRL
7th September 2007, 13:32
Shakedown will take place at Lisduff, Co. Sligo. The stage is 4.32km in length. The stage start is 4.5km from Service Park and Headquarters and the finish is 9.2km from Service Park :)

puntopower
7th September 2007, 13:42
Shakedown will take place at Lisduff, Co. Sligo. The stage is 4.32km in length. The stage start is 4.5km from Service Park and Headquarters and the finish is 9.2km from Service Park :)

Thank you for your info. I'm evaluating how it takes me to reach the shakedown stage from Boyle.

dcr22B
7th September 2007, 14:05
Thank you for your info. I'm evaluating how it takes me to reach the shakedown stage from Boyle.

It shouldn't take you too long as it's a decent enough stretch of road from Boyle through to Sligo.

Sweetlamb95
7th September 2007, 18:56
Hi,

there are still these rumors about the park and ride system...
Does maybe anybody of the irish lads here in the forum know anything more about that??
Will there be no individual acces to the stages at all, or will the park and ride system with busses be only used in certain areas???-Hopefully only in Belfast???

Greetings
Sweetlamb

Bazza2541
10th September 2007, 00:33
Rumour has it that Kris Meeke will be nominated for points by Citroen.

jacko
10th September 2007, 09:04
Rumour has it that Kris Meeke will be nominated for points by Citroen.

another stupid rumour.., this kind of rumours makes threads like this more boring as usual...

padWRC
10th September 2007, 09:08
"Ninety cars will be entered in Rally Ireland with all the major manufacturers’ teams, including Citroen and Ford, represented. The event is also a round of the Production Car World Championship."

How many WRC cars ?

Bazza2541
10th September 2007, 09:31
another stupid rumour.., this kind of rumours makes threads like this more boring as usual...
Why is this stupid?
Kris has done the development work on the I.o.M. and Sordo isn't getting a C4 for Cork. We (Irish fans) were trying to put together a financial package for Kris to get a drive on Rally Ireland and were told to hold fire as Citroen were in negotiations with him.

jacko
10th September 2007, 10:56
Why is this stupid?
Kris has done the development work on the I.o.M. and Sordo isn't getting a C4 for Cork. We (Irish fans) were trying to put together a financial package for Kris to get a drive on Rally Ireland and were told to hold fire as Citroen were in negotiations with him.

you are really creating your own story... Kris only did a one day test last year yes and never asked again.. Sordo is doing the Irish round in a Xsara because there isn't a C4 available and why he is doing it and Citroën is putting extra money in this project...? well think about it...

If Kris will found the money he will driving a Xsara (or Focus WRC..), if there's another C4 in competition this year i think it will be find in the Kronos team!

Daniel
10th September 2007, 12:41
you are really creating your own story... Kris only did a one day test last year yes and never asked again.. Sordo is doing the Irish round in a Xsara because there isn't a C4 available and why he is doing it and Citroën is putting extra money in this project...? well think about it...

If Kris will found the money he will driving a Xsara (or Focus WRC..), if there's another C4 in competition this year i think it will be find in the Kronos team!
Can an M2 team use a 2007 car? I thought not.

Buzz Lightyear
10th September 2007, 13:34

Meeke tested many times for Citreon last year, both on gravel and tarmac. and his held in high regard for his test ability.

I doubt he will be in Rally Ireland in Citroen, unless at the request of Citroen . If he wants to do Rally Ireland, I dont see why he should change from the Subaru he used to good effect recently.

jacko
10th September 2007, 13:37
Can an M2 team use a 2007 car? I thought not. Is this a question or do really think it is.. Offcorse M2 teams could have the latest cars/ specifications if they are available and the money :)
Ford's M2 teams did have Ford 06 cars at the start of the season, same specification as the N0.1 team from Ford.. Otherwise they had to start with 05 cars??

Daniel
10th September 2007, 13:43
Is this a question or do really think it is.. Offcorse M2 teams could have the latest cars/ specifications if they are available and the money :)
Ford's M2 teams did have Ford 06 cars at the start of the season, same specification as the N0.1 team from Ford.. Otherwise they had to start with 05 cars??
What I mean is that according to what I remember if a car is homologated on or after the 1st of January then it can only be used by an M1 team for that year. This is to prevent teams just giving the latest car to an M2 team to take away points from other teams. Companies don't just give their latest car to anyone with the money either. Usually customer cars are at least a year or so behind the works cars.

cut the b.s.
10th September 2007, 13:49
Is this a question or do really think it is.. Offcorse M2 teams could have the latest cars/ specifications if they are available and the money :)

Focus06 is actually Focus05, that was when it was homologated.

DonJippo
10th September 2007, 15:04
What I mean is that according to what I remember if a car is homologated on or after the 1st of January then it can only be used by an M1 team for that year. This is to prevent teams just giving the latest car to an M2 team to take away points from other teams. Companies don't just give their latest car to anyone with the money either. Usually customer cars are at least a year or so behind the works cars.

You are right,

A Manufacturer = M1

A Manufacturer must enter only cars corresponding to the very latest homologated version of a World Rally Car and that will be in conformity with the 2007 Appendix J.A Manufacturer Team = M2

A Manufacturer Team cannot enter World Rally Cars homologated during the year 2007 and cannot use parts homologated after 2 January 2007.Source http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/529461093__WRC_Constr.pdf

J4MIE
10th September 2007, 16:30
I dont see why he should change from the Subaru he used to good effect recently.

Because that is Mark Higgins car for the event :s Kris was only using it cos Mark was in a group n impreza as it was a round of the british championship as well.

Daniel
10th September 2007, 16:32
Perhaps they can share the car :D

J4MIE
10th September 2007, 16:39
Also I can assure you that in Donegal it was very, very wet!! :p :

Buzz Lightyear
10th September 2007, 16:39
Because that is Mark Higgins car for the event :s Kris was only using it cos Mark was in a group n impreza as it was a round of the british championship as well.

Are we talking about Rally Ireland here or this Cork Rally?

Daniel
10th September 2007, 16:45
Also I can assure you that in Donegal it was very, very wet!! :p :
I remember the text you sent me. It read something like "This is the most rain I have ever seen!" and J4mie's Scottish so that must definitely mean something ;)

J4MIE
10th September 2007, 16:53
Are we talking about Rally Ireland here or this Cork Rally?

I was talking about Cork! Sorry for confusion! :D

Bob Coggins
29th October 2007, 15:31
Hey, there is a Shakedown stage in Calry, in the killsellagh and carrowlustia area, going further on out to finish in the Fivemilebourne area. I live beside it, and thats what the locals are being told. Also, by mother has a guest house, been booked out since January, but my sister is going to open up her newly built house for people to stay, as is a family friend. They have approx 6 bedrooms between them. Our house is 3-4 minute drive from the Sligo It, where the service park is based, our friends is along the shores of lough gill, where there is a stage planned, and is a 15 min drive from the IT. If interested, call +353719143770 or marycoggins@gmail.com by mail. Im sticking it up here because i think its the best way to reach genuine Fans. Let anyone who may be interested know.

Magnus
29th October 2007, 17:01
Gee Bob Coggins, just booked flight today, and now I am starting to realize that there might be some difficulties finding room for me and my girlfriend... I will e-mail your sister. Thanks for the tip, and welcome to the forum!

Donney
29th October 2007, 18:32
I've finally booked my flgiht and the room issue has already been taken care.
:beer:

Magnus
29th October 2007, 18:45
I've finally booked my flgiht and the room issue has already been taken care.
:beer:

Lucky you...

cut the b.s.
29th October 2007, 20:23
Real rallyfans sleep in cars if at all.....

DERMY
29th October 2007, 20:30
hi all i am also new to this forum, i live in the north of ireland and am a rally nut,just cant wait until we get our round of the wrc, i just everything goes smoothly for the organisers as i dont want this to be our 1 and only wrc event. Mangus did you get sorted yet?

Magnus
29th October 2007, 20:48
Nope, not yet... I am waiting for a reply from Bob Coggins sister. Fingers crossed...

DERMY
29th October 2007, 21:11
Well i had a talk with my wife and there is a room in our house if you are stuck. we live about 1 hour and 30min from Sligo but 1 hour from Belfast and about 20 min from saturdays stages. I will be going to watch as much as possible so you can follow me. Just trying to be helpfull.

Cha-Fitz
30th October 2007, 01:00
I'm living close enough to two of the Friday stages...SS2/5 and SS3/6. SS 2/5 is all rite of a stage wit some quick sections in it, but mainly tight twisty sections wit some jumps stuck in for good measure. These are the stages which have ran in previous years.Good stage all the same though.For viewing this stage however i would advice sleeping in a car overnight on it. Access is restricted. These satges are approx 25km from HQ depending on which route you choose.

Magnus
30th October 2007, 07:31
Very nice of you indeed dermy, maybe I´ll come back to you!

c4
30th October 2007, 13:34
Rumour that Duval will not be doing RI. Interestingly, is doing Condroz rally this weekend in Punto S2000.

Brother John
30th October 2007, 14:54
Rumour that Duval will not be doing RI. Interestingly, is doing Condroz rally this weekend in Punto S2000.

With a new sponsor! look at this thread.
http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=378328&postcount=330

c4
30th October 2007, 15:39
With a new sponsor! look at this thread.
http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=378328&postcount=330

Nice

DERMY
30th October 2007, 18:57
Magnus if you take up my offer please e mail me because i might miss you on these forums , thanks Dermy.