PDA

View Full Version : Slipping Driving Standards in Pickup Trucks

carcrazy
6th September 2007, 21:19
I have just been reading through the comments made regarding the SCSA licence issue, I am sure it can be sorted out.

Many people have commented as part of that debate about driving standards in PUT's slipping and becoming rowdy.

Well I can not agree more, the driving standards have definately slipped much lower than I could ever imagine from the PUT's, and certainally some very desperate driving at the last meeting, the one with more cautions than northampton crown court.

From our usual position on turn 4, we witnessed many very desperate moves from what we would consider very experienced truck drivers. Steve Dance and Gavin amongst them.

One massive crash afew laps from the end of race 1, caused by one of the most experienced and talented drivers in the field attempting to take a position back that he had just lost, in a very clean manouver.

It's ok for the established teams or the big spenders, but how long can the struggling drivers afford to stay in the series, having to repair smashed racing cars through no fault of their own? these issues need to be addressed before sombody gets seriously hurt!

Nick Brad
6th September 2007, 22:46
Simple solution, all the drivers who are struggling with budgets should sell their trucks which at the current rate would allow them to buy a car AND compete for a season in the V8 Trophy, (not including crashes,) instantly securing the grid numbers we need for next year and saving themselves money on repair bills at the same time. ;)

royale31
7th September 2007, 12:39
PUT's SLIPPING

so Nascar's must be too. WATCH LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EKSr_Ib0mU

truckmonster
9th September 2007, 15:08
The kiwi has retired!

just_smile99
9th September 2007, 18:57
The kiwi has retired!

your jokin!!! i loved kiwi

x

pickup
10th September 2007, 00:26
your jokin!!! i loved kiwi

x

Not to sure all the drivers agreed with that!

pickup
10th September 2007, 00:31
Simple solution, all the drivers who are struggling with budgets should sell their trucks which at the current rate would allow them to buy a car AND compete for a season in the V8 Trophy, (not including crashes,)and saving themselves money on repair bills at the same time. ;)

If they can crash a truck how many times will they trash a stock car!

briggs'mechanic
10th September 2007, 10:58
I don't think the constant slagging off of each others series is gone help anyone, both series are there to support each other and thats how we should be promoting this on this forum for the fans. yeah there are accidents in the PUT's and we have been part of it but thats motor racing the closer the racing around an oval the more chances there are of things going wrong, so lets stop the tit for tat and maybe we should all think of ways to help each other.

pickup
10th September 2007, 11:39
I see where your coming from and totally agree but i don't see anything in this thread that warrants the term "slagging off" it's just a bit of banter.
I'm certainly certainly a stock car fan as i'm sure Nick is a pick up supporter as i said i can appreciate what your saying and have often thought this myself but i think there have been more deserving threads to post your reply on.

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 16:49
Very much so, I have a lot of friends in the pickup camp.
I just think if a few drivers made the switch then both series would have healthy grids numbers, the pickups certainly aren't going to miss half a dozen runners, I know of at least one new driver starting next year, (he's asked me to spot for him ;) ) and I'm sure he won't be alone. Sadly, it's not really viable for a driver to race in both series, quite a few have tried and found out that it's bloody hard work.
I wouldn't worry about them crashing a stock car too many times, plans are afoot to resolve that issue ;)

briggs'mechanic
10th September 2007, 18:15
I'm not targetting anyone person in particular and maybe the term I used was a bit harsh I was just saying in general. I also enjoy the V8's and would love to see them back to big grids so the drivers/teams themselves and the race fans could get the enjoyment that the series deserves. I think I've got my point across and if I have affended anyone then I appologise, all it leaves me to say is I'll see you all at the weekend and I look forward to a good weekends racing

Good luck everyone

Sean

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 20:05
No offence taken from me mate, I'm totally laid back and rarely take things to heart. :s mokin:

racing59
10th September 2007, 20:14
'Ere Nick, you hold him, I'll put V8 overalls on him and throw him in a car.....
Where's that Paul McKenna book - "you are feeling sleeeeepy...."

One more down, a few more to go...

Personally, I wouldn't say that driving standards have slipped. It's more of a case that there are more who are closer to each other in terms of pace than ever before, and when you have too much metal trying to occupy not enough tarmac, incidents happen.

Rob.

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 20:36
I'd go along with that plan, but I can only spot for one person at a time. John would have a fit otherwise. ;)

JDPower
10th September 2007, 20:50
I wouldn't worry about them crashing a stock car too many times, plans are afoot to resolve that issue ;)
You can't just slip that in and expect it to go unnoticed, come on give us a clue? New tyres, aero changes???

pickup
10th September 2007, 20:51

"RUBBER WALLS"

No offence taken here Sean as i said totally agree with you.

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 21:10
You can't just slip that in and expect it to go unnoticed, come on give us a clue? New tyres, aero changes???

All will be revealed when deals are formally signed off, (not sure if they are yet). Duane will be along to tell all soon enough. ;)

JDPower
10th September 2007, 21:14
All will be revealed when deals are formally signed off, (not sure if they are yet). Duane will be along to tell all soon enough. ;)
Ooh, deals to be signed. So its not an aero change, I'll put my money on a new tyre supplier then ;)

Nick Brad
10th September 2007, 21:27
Could be a new body shape? Or training wheels? Or indeed different tyres?

I can't and won't say too much as nothing is set in stone until signatures are signed and I'd rather leave you all hanging than say such and such is happening, then it doesn't come off, giving non supporters/doubters ammo to throw at the series.
All I shall say is that I fully support the changes that are coming. :cool:

JovialJooles
11th September 2007, 00:01
Concrete cars and rubber walls? :D

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 00:46
Concrete cars and rubber walls? :D

No, we shalln't be forcing the drivers to use the latest NASCAR offering from EA, good guess though. ;)

racing59
11th September 2007, 19:31
Rockingham are to fit a massive wire mesh above the circuit, and re-pave the circuit with steel sheeting.

Cars will be smaller, with little "aerials" on the back that rub on the wire mesh above, and have large rubber bumpers all around.

(posted 1st April 2007 - delayed due to slow internet connection)

A race fan
13th September 2007, 23:50
I don't think the constant slagging off of each others series is gone help anyone, both series are there to support each other and thats how we should be promoting this on this forum for the fans. yeah there are accidents in the PUT's and we have been part of it but thats motor racing the closer the racing around an oval the more chances there are of things going wrong, so lets stop the tit for tat and maybe we should all think of ways to help each other.

I'm not a fan of the kiwi but i think that yes you cant take it away from the guy hes fast but i do think that the amount that hes been involved in a crashes not saying its his fault but that he should try to take a little more time in not setting the fastest lap and just back off a little and run his own race learn the car and finish as you have to learn to crawl before walking and i hope to see him out next year because at the end of the day you need balls to even get into any car to race.