PDA

View Full Version : A new format for the USRC

klm-607
26th December 2006, 14:29
USRC unveil 2007 calendar
Eliminating cross-country travel
[22/12/06 - 10:29]

A new format for the USRC

The 2007 United States Rally Championship (USRC) is taking bold steps to make national competition more affordable and accessible to a larger number of rally teams. The new Championship structure minimizes or, for many teams, eliminates the need for cross-country travel by providing competition on each side of the country with the final round deciding top spots in the Championship at the end of the year.

Teams may enter any number of events but will only score points in one Division – Atlantic or Pacific. Each team may count the best results from events with the maximum of 360%, with the final event, the Laughlin International Rally, counting toward both Divisions. The teams can achieve the maximum points for the Championship in as few as four events.

The top three teams in both the All-Wheel Drive Championship and the Two-Wheel Drive Championship from each Division will be invited to compete for the top six places at Laughlin International Rally. The Championship will subsidize travel costs for teams from the Atlantic Division with a fixed cash amount approximately equal to the cost of the cross-country travel.

“Fewer and fewer teams can afford towing back and forth across the country,” stated Michel Taylor, USRC President. “A meaningful National Championship needs to embrace the reality that most of our top competitors are professional and trades people who have been excluded from serious consideration in previous championship formats due to the time or financial demands of cross-country travel. With our new format, that has all changed.”

The new structure opens the Championship to all national and regional rally competitors without the requirement of an additional national license or higher national rally entry fees.

An announcement regarding the TV coverage of the 2007 USRC season will follow.

1. Sandblast Rally Feb17 NASA 60% Atlantic
2. Rally New York USA Mar 30-31 RNY 100% Atlantic
3. Subaru Rim of the World Apr 27-28 NASA 100% Pacific
4. Rally Tennessee May 5 NASA 100% Atlantic
5. Gorman Ridge Rally Aug 18 NASA 60% Pacific
6. Rally West Virginia Aug 18 NASA 60% Atlantic
7. International Rally New York Sept 7-8 RNY 100% Atlantic
8. Black River Stages Sept 29 NASA 60% Atlantic
9. Prescott Rally Oct 5-6 NASA 100% Pacific
10. Laughlin International Rally Nov 9-11 NASA 100% Atlantic.

Press Release
United States Rally Championship
© Copyright, All reproduction and distribution rights reserved to RACING LIVE.
Rights strictly reserved for the private user who acknowledges the Agreement of Use.

Jonesi
30th December 2006, 03:15
There was a correction issued on the date for RWV:
6. Rally West Virginia Aug 4 NASA 60% Atlantic

sagsert
31st December 2006, 06:15
I like the new format. I will be running all the West Coast rallies sanctioned by NASA and will try to codrive all the East Coast rallies sanctioned by NASA.

This will be a fun season, not necessarily cheap but fun.

klm-607
31st December 2006, 19:11
I think USRC & Rally America should merge together for better overall exposure to the masses. Just like Camp Car & IRL need to get back together.

GruppoB
31st December 2006, 21:46
Apparently NASA tried to merge at a meeting in laughlin or at least proposed it. And RA wanted nothing to do with it. Not trying to flame but yea it was over on ss forums.

milly
2nd March 2007, 18:51
Can S2000 cars run in US rally series?

L5->R5/CR
2nd March 2007, 19:28
Can S2000 cars run in US rally series?

Do you have one and want to run? I don't see where there would be grounds to not permit it atleast...

sagsert
3rd March 2007, 06:59
Yes S2000 cars can run. Open Class.

klm-607
3rd March 2007, 18:30
I really think that USRC & Rally America need some good Tarmac Raliies, & at least one more Snow Rally to round out the championships.

L5->R5/CR
4th March 2007, 00:58
I really think that USRC & Rally America need some good Tarmac Raliies, & at least one more Snow Rally to round out the championships.

Hopefully in a few years there will be a second US snow rally period.

Jonesi
4th March 2007, 09:44

The only thing stopping USRC or Rally America from scheduling more Tarmac Rallies, is organizers with Tarmac events looking for a sanction. Are you volunteering to organize one? ;-)
I think the big problem with Tarmac is that if the roads have enough traffic to pave they have too much traffic to let you close them. The straighter roads a way too fast, and the twistier ones are still too fast for the trees, rocks & cliffs.
The problem with Snow events seem to be they are constantly cancelled for: too little snow, too much snow, snow is melting, etc. (I may be a little biased on this, I grew up in Chicago, now live in San Diego and have no desire to EVER see the damn stuff again ;-)

L5->R5/CR
4th March 2007, 20:33
The only thing stopping USRC or Rally America from scheduling more Tarmac Rallies, is organizers with Tarmac events looking for a sanction. Are you volunteering to organize one? ;-)
I think the big problem with Tarmac is that if the roads have enough traffic to pave they have too much traffic to let you close them. The straighter roads a way too fast, and the twistier ones are still too fast for the trees, rocks & cliffs.
The problem with Snow events seem to be they are constantly cancelled for: too little snow, too much snow, snow is melting, etc. (I may be a little biased on this, I grew up in Chicago, now live in San Diego and have no desire to EVER see the damn stuff again ;-)

We have a county that is interested in a rally here in CO.

Tons of snow, pretty consistent too.

The only issue I can see is if we get hit right before or durring the rally we could get a couple of feet and lose access to the plows necessary to open up the roads. But generally speaking the snow fall normally is 6-16 inches per storm after you get the base established, certainly not too much for an AWD to handle...

milly
8th March 2007, 17:09
Is USRC open to S2000 cars?

L5->R5/CR
8th March 2007, 17:44
Is USRC open to S2000 cars?

S2000 cars can run. They will be in what we term Open class (or the corresponding NASA class, I can't remember their terminology off hand).

They will be up against cars with similiar weight, more powerful but restricted turbocharged motors.

But s2000s can run in the US in one or both championships.

GigiGalliNo1
16th March 2007, 09:50
I just watched NY Rally from 2006 and the music is horrible, like listening to super Mario or some crap. (not really bad, enjoyable but is needed to work on a bit more - production wise other wise i'm interested in this years season! =)