PDA

View Full Version : Footy Finals (australia)

millencolin
5th September 2007, 13:30
Its finals football time once again! Both codes going at it to see who wins their most coverted prize, the premiership.

I'll admit, i watch afl as much as i watch paint dry, which is never (i'm a XXXX drinkin, Maroon blooded Queenslander). SO to spare my embarrasment i wont cover the AFL but i will talk about the NRL finals series!

Friday Night - New Zealand Warriors vs Paramatta Eels in Auckland

The warriors are my outside tip for the premiership this year. Their brand of football is razzle-dazzle from the backs with the Forwards knocking down everything in their path. Lead by Steven Price, its hard to see how they will lose this game against the Inconsistant Eels

And inconsistant is what they are! after losing a handful of games in a row, they come back and Demolish the injury filled Brisbane Broncos by 46 points. So they're confidence will be high coming into this game against the Warriors.

I tip the Warriors to win by 16

Saturday Night - North Queensland Cowboys vs Canterbury Bulldogs in Townsville

By coincidence these two teams played against each other just last week in townsville. If last week is anything to go by, when Jonathon Thursdton and Matt Bowen are on the field, the Bulldogs stand no chance! The cowboys had a massive lead last week until JT was rested... then the bulldogs started the comeback as the cowboys had no leadership. Cowboys on their day can beat anybody (thats why they finished third), but without their leader, Thurston, on the field, its like watching the under12's from the Cannon Hill Stars local football club. Theres no defence structure and no flow in attack. If Thurston becomes injured during this finals series, you can write off the Cowboys. Which is sad because i want to see the Cowboys win the premiership

Cowboys by 24

Saturday Night - Manly Sea Eagles vs South Sydney Rabbithoes at Brookvale

Well, who would of thought? South Sydney made the finals! The 'whipping boys' for the past few seasons have pulled their heads out of their arses and started to play some good football. Everyone seems to be jumping on the Souths bandwagon and cheering them on. BUT! They are coming off a loss to the Sydney Roosters and players are on report for fighting. The last thing the bunnies need is any kind of disruption this finals series.

Manly have been solid all year. But... perhaps... they are falling apart a little towards the end of the year. They were beaten a couple of weeks ago by SOUTH SYDNEY in a major upset. But if stats are anything to go by, expect manly to win. But there are upsets in every finals series so who know? can the rabbits pull one out of their hats?

Souths (yes, souths) by 4

Sunday - Melbourne Storm Vs Brisbane Broncos in Melbourne

The Brisbane Broncos, the defending premiers, been in the finals series for 16 straight years... how?!?!? I'm the biggest Broncos fan you will ever meet, and im still trying to figure out how we made it? The injury list is bigger than Michael Schumacher's Chin! Lockyer, Berrigan and Hunt are the main casualities along with Tate, Taylor, Ennis and now Hodges. Every week The Broncos add to their injury list. The team is made up of players who usually play for Aspley in the Queensland Cup. But one thing they dont lack is courage. They are brave, as their win against Canberra can show. BUt they are coming off from that horrendous loss to the Eels, how is their confidence shaping up for this game? time will tell

As for Melbourne? The pressure is on them. EVERYONE expects them to win, not just the game, but the premiership! But remember what happened last year, strolled into the grand final, but CHOKED in the game that counted and the premiership was stolen by Brisbane. Im sure revenge is on their minds. Last time these teams met, it was a hard fought game where Melbourne won 14-6, but easily could of gone Brisbanes way. Expect another hard fought game but i think Melbourne will win. that doesn't mean i will Be barracking for them! COME ON BRONCOS!!!! KICK SOME OVERRATED STORM ARSE! No one likes that Matt King, lets punch him in the face!

My head says Melbourne but my heart says

BRONCOS BY 7