PDA

View Full Version : Snow rally, does anyone know...?

OTA
4th September 2007, 20:37
Hello,

I am trying to find some information in how to fullfil an old dream and that's to drive in a snow rally.

Ideally I would love to find a school to learn the little I could manage in just a few days and end my week with some sort of Rally. So I need 3 things:
1-Find a school that offers courses of snow driving in February. I'm not any kind of Vatanen, but obviously I'm looking for a school with a clear bias towards rallying. I have race two tarmac seasons in my region and a few gravel events so my experience while limited is more than nothing.
2-Find a rally within a reasanoble distance where I would do to rally school. I'm not ambitious in this one, any regional, local rally with around 50 to 70 kilometers of special stages is perfect. For this one it's important all the burocratic part( license).
3-Find a car. I'm not looking for no Mitsu here, any compact group N or A such as 206, Clio, C-2 or others will do it. Again it's more important reliability than perfomance.

So that's it, if anyone could guide in anything I'll appreciate it.

Cheers
David

SubaruNorway
4th September 2007, 21:19
This is the one http://www.hauglandmotorsport.com/

"Top drivers such as Richard Burns, Alister McRae, Henrik Lundgaard, Raphael Sperrer, Armin Kremer, Martin Rowe, Mark and David Higgins, Neil Wearden, Neil Simpson, Martin Stenshorne, Emma Gilmore, Guy Wilks, Stuart Jones, Shaun Gallager, Andrew Nesbitt, Rory Galligan, Ryan Champion and Luke Pinder are just a few of those who have been practising on the tracks on our frozen lakes.
More than 70 Championships have been won by drivers after they have been to the school."

The first Norwegian round Mountain Rally Norway runs very close, this year it was held on january 13th

OTA
4th September 2007, 21:50
Thanks

COD
4th September 2007, 21:53
Thanks

PM me, and I can arrange something for you in Finland

Zes
7th September 2007, 11:55
Try this: http://www.juhakankkunen.com

anncath
2nd October 2007, 21:37
http://www.hauglandmotorsport.com

Tomi
2nd October 2007, 22:04
Hello,

I am trying to find some information in how to fullfil an old dream and that's to drive in a snow rally.

Ideally I would love to find a school to learn the little I could manage in just a few days and end my week with some sort of Rally. So I need 3 things:
1-Find a school that offers courses of snow driving in February. I'm not any kind of Vatanen, but obviously I'm looking for a school with a clear bias towards rallying. I have race two tarmac seasons in my region and a few gravel events so my experience while limited is more than nothing.
2-Find a rally within a reasanoble distance where I would do to rally school. I'm not ambitious in this one, any regional, local rally with around 50 to 70 kilometers of special stages is perfect. For this one it's important all the burocratic part( license).
3-Find a car. I'm not looking for no Mitsu here, any compact group N or A such as 206, Clio, C-2 or others will do it. Again it's more important reliability than perfomance.

So that's it, if anyone could guide in anything I'll appreciate it.

Cheers
David

Hi OTA,

I think for you would be a experience to drive an Group F rally in Finland, the car renting (full package) is not very expensive. also to find someone to teach you the basics would be easy too.