View Full Version : MotorFest2007 Entries

Filray
4th September 2007, 16:51
http://www.v8trophy.com/motorfest2007.shtml

Regards
Ray

hicksy
4th September 2007, 17:46
Thats excellent news. Good to have Skid back plus the new?? drivers.

turn 4 mad
4th September 2007, 17:57
Good job

car20
4th September 2007, 19:01
shame couldn't talk around mr west-tec into playing but hey i'll be happy. will be smart see bigger grids back :)

One thing how do you find out that meetings running order and times out on track is it on the ovalfest website??

racing59
4th September 2007, 22:49
Skid in the 15 car? Can John afford the damage?

Here's hoping that Duncan's engine is no worse than mine was. One injector, one inlet valve, new supercharger, nitrous nozzles, whoops.. and the usual parts you have to replace when you take a head off (gasket/bolts/afterburner/gurgledanglepin)

Breathes sigh of relief.

I also found, two row's of potatoes growing in there, and some parsnips (standing joke!)

Rob.

EarWig
5th September 2007, 07:58
I also found, two row's of potatoes growing in there, and some parsnips (standing joke!)

Rob.

I'll be round for dinner tonight Rob!

Ray

Sticker Rub
5th September 2007, 13:04
...and the usual parts you have to replace when you take a head off (gasket/bolts/afterburner/gurgledanglepin)

I think you made those first 2 up.

car20
5th September 2007, 21:27
There is a warning in this post rob,

Watch out, watch out, skids about.

pedal to the metal

racing59
5th September 2007, 22:19
Skid? Run away! run away!

The scary thing is - he drove "my" car in 2005........

bravheart
5th September 2007, 22:40
There is a warning in this post rob,

pedal to the metal

Hey Rob, Are you Bothered!!!! Is that the face of someone who is bothered!
Face, Bothered! NA

turn 4 mad
5th September 2007, 22:56
bothered? about skid - naa, ive experienced duncans driving!!!!!!!!

Nick Brad
5th September 2007, 22:58
Skid's going to have to keep up with yellow peril before he can crash in front of it, Rob's got nothing to lose and everything to gain, ain't that right Rob. ;) :laugh:

racing59
5th September 2007, 23:00
Start - points - finish - points -...... DONUTS!!!!!!

Speedworx
5th September 2007, 23:03
Great to see more cars entered.

Henry Cutts
5th September 2007, 23:07
Looking forward to lots of donuts at the last round!

Henry Cutts
5th September 2007, 23:12
Start - points - finish - points -...... DONUTS!!!!!!

see if you can beat this:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzK0hVRkRQ&NR=1

kjb
6th September 2007, 21:12
i fully expect to see a better performance from you next time out duncan, and less of the excuses, afterall youve got a far more experianced crew than most of the other teams ! :-) asside from the humour i hope it goes well for all the teams and drivers next time out (V8 trophy and the trucks)kevin b

bravheart
6th September 2007, 22:45
i fully expect to see a better performance from you next time out duncan, and less of the excuses, afterall youve got a far more experianced crew than most of the other teams ! :-) asside from the humour i hope it goes well for all the teams and drivers next time out (V8 trophy and the trucks)kevin b

I have a Plan Kb, Im going to use the Volvo :o ) but dont tell Jo!!!!!

turn 4 mad
6th September 2007, 22:48
I have a Plan Kb, Im going to use the Volvo :o ) but dont tell Jo!!!!!

id feel safer going round the track in your volvo next time dunc, as long as it has more rubber on the tyres than the two seater scsa car and jo was driving!!

bravheart
6th September 2007, 22:57
id feel safer going round the track in your volvo next time dunc, as long as it has more rubber on the tyres than the two seater scsa car and jo was driving!!

Rather you than me!! He! He!

SkidCarrera
7th September 2007, 01:29
Skid in the 15 car? Can John afford the damage?

Skid? Run away! run away!

The scary thing is - he drove "my" car in 2005........

Not quite sure what you're all on about. I was thinking about a one-off drive to help boost the grid...but you know what? I really don't think I can be arsed!

With "fans" like you lot, it doesn't take much to work out why the series is going down the pan, does it?

turn 4 mad
7th September 2007, 08:10
Not quite sure what you're all on about. I was thinking about a one-off drive to help boost the grid...but you know what? I really don't think I can be arsed!

With "fans" like you lot, it doesn't take much to work out why the series is going down the pan, does it?

hey, skid please mate, dont listen to a small number of so called "fans" think of all the ones who were with you on "my own race team"

Tiesse
7th September 2007, 09:33

Were the original comments not made in jest?

SteveA
7th September 2007, 09:37
Of course they were. Sense of humour failure?

R3ROK
7th September 2007, 12:11

Come on mate, I'm sure it was a bit of harmless fun! All you SCSA drivers surely have a bit of harmless banter between yourselves... ;) I thought that 'my own race team' was an excellent idea and I'm sure everyone, drivers and fans included, were behind you....I'm sure you would be welcomed back with open arms mate, and speaking from a fans point of view your name was always mentioned in the stands....''skid not racing this season...'' A distinctive name that sticks in everyone's minds...I'm sure you'll get the biggest cheer when you race at motorfest (yes, that was WHEN and RACE!!) Please come back mate...I'll come down and shake your hand :)

hicksy
7th September 2007, 13:39
Nothing quite like shooting yourself in the foot. Such a shame.

Skid if you do read this, I would not blame you for not showing up at Motorfest. However, I hope you will show up as I would ike to say hi and see you race again. Even if the comments made were in jest, there is a point where it still becomes hurtfull. If they are not made is jest, then those concerned should be embarrased posting such comments on a public forum. It doesnt show us in a good light. You are all concerned about grid sizes and you may have just lost someone that could help keep the numbers up.

Gripe over, have a nice day.

car20
7th September 2007, 15:34
SKID i hope your post is abit tongue in cheek !!!

like most post on here ya take with a bit of salt.... rob's racing in ya old machine so ya going kick his door in :(

Another thing you raced last year and did well...was dissapointed not to have you out... hell the way ya drove you could have had a chance a being champion this year...but then again looks like ya couldn't be arsed eh??

getting to understand why this series is liek it is WAY TOO .....

Nick Brad
7th September 2007, 15:56

Come on out to play, it was only meant as harmless fun. If it would make you feel better we can pick on a certain pickup star who trashed a 2 seater on his rookie test, (eh Gav ;) ) or maybe a local that seemed to kill mechanical parts for a hobby, (enter Mr Swan).
We'd all love to have you out on track, actually we feel that you are out there with us every time yellow peril takes to the track anyway 'cos that green just won't go away, no matter how many times we paint over it. :laugh:

turn 4 mad
9th September 2007, 01:46
probably old news by now, but i see the people in charge of motorfest have had to cancel the rallying due to not geting a road closure permit in time.

turn 4 mad
9th September 2007, 01:49
on the good side so far the weather looks good for next weekend, fingers crossed.

Abo
9th September 2007, 10:56
probably old news by now, but i see the people in charge of motorfest have had to cancel the rallying due to not geting a road closure permit in time.

Shame about that, was looking forward to a bit of rallying :(

Filray
9th September 2007, 12:57
Driver and initial picture for No 7 car

Regards

Ray

car20
9th September 2007, 15:59
cool mal's back!

now lads any chance you all get to play next year :D

PLEASE :D

must say a high caliber v8 grid for last meeting!

turn 4 mad
9th September 2007, 16:45
Driver and initial picture for No 7 car

Regards

Ray

thats the best weavers cars looked in a long time.

Gasman
9th September 2007, 19:39
Does anyone have the timetable for Motorfest 07 yet? Thanks.

deadsquirrel
10th September 2007, 11:24

I can see where Skid's coming from. He's been in the series in a couple of 'guises'. When he was in the Legs 11 car, he was racing with the big boys, when pootling around didn't happen. Remember his incident with Duncan - I do, it was a big hit, and never mind the damage to Skids car, sat facing the traffic, seeing a car coming for you at speed might have ended most drivers interest in the series.

When he did the 'MORT' car, he showed dedication, enthusiasm and showmanship to get it done and get out on track.

I think he deserves respect for that, and then when he commits to racing next weekend, all he gets is jip - and I hope that some peoples furious backtracking is enough to actually make him change his mind. Maybe it'll get his juices going to maybe tempt him back for next year.

Hope to see you at the weekend Skid - some of your buddies in the Safety Team will be camping by Med Centre, hope you find time to come across for a (1, singular) beer, you'll be more than welcome.

SkidCarrera
11th September 2007, 08:11
ok guys...maybe I over-reacted. It was late at night. I haven't been part of the gentle ribbing and banter on the forum for a while, so maybe I missed the light-heartedness in the comments...

Anyways...

The deal is done. Skid's back, and excited as a gorilla on a banana boat.

See you all at the weekend.

jonv
11th September 2007, 08:24
Does anyone have the timetable for Motorfest 07 yet? Thanks.

http://www.motorfest.co.uk/kingofrock.htm

Bit of a timetable here but not much detail. Are all the Pickup and SCSA races on Sunday or are they split across both days ?

JovialJooles
11th September 2007, 08:36
ok guys...maybe I over-reacted. It was late at night. I haven't been part of the gentle ribbing and banter on the forum for a while, so maybe I missed the light-heartedness in the comments...

Anyways...

Great to see you're back Skid.

Good luck at the weekend. :D

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 09:15

We should have been a bit more restrained as well, like you say you haven't been part of the banter for a while and we shouldn't have automatically assumed you'd drop straight back into it. There is a lesson to be learnt from this............... don't disappear next time! :laugh:

Anyways...

Pleased to hear it, will be even more pleased to hear the extra cars on the grids that's for sure :D

Abo
11th September 2007, 10:07
http://www.motorfest.co.uk/kingofrock.htm

Bit of a timetable here but not much detail. Are all the Pickup and SCSA races on Sunday or are they split across both days ?

Spoke to Wilky about it yesterday and he says the races are split across both days

racing59
11th September 2007, 19:26
I almost had kittens when I looked at the motorfest site and it said that Stockcar practice starts on Friday..... then I read further - to see that it's the short circuit stuff, not us... phew!!

So yes, one race on Saturday, one on Sunday. Hopefully, the yellow peril will be "on station" (and on 8 cylinders!) on Friday afternoon.

Rob.

Nick Brad
11th September 2007, 19:39
What time on friday are you planning to be there? I may head down on friday during the day as it's the final meeting of the year.

just_smile99
11th September 2007, 21:39

Anyways...

glad to see u coming back babe! will be good to see you again!!!

will come down and see you

x

racing59
11th September 2007, 23:03
It's all looking good.

Will you be wanting Custard to go with those Banana's Skid??

Don't eat too many though, or the only seat you'll fit in is the one that's in my car (it was once home to Proccy!)

Providing I can get injectors sorted, and thus back to 8 pots all firing tomorrow, I'm planning to get there late Friday afternoon (around 5-ish), and will drop off car & RV ready for weekend.

Speedworx
11th September 2007, 23:08
Does it cost anything on Friday?

racing59
11th September 2007, 23:59
Pass.

It's press day according to the website, and open to the public. Nothing on the motorfest site to suggest they want any money.

Rob.

turn 4 mad
12th September 2007, 00:04
i thought i read somewhere it was £20 per car. may be wrong

JDPower
12th September 2007, 05:44
i thought i read somewhere it was £20 per car. may be wrong
It's £25 per car (from the website)

Nick Brad
12th September 2007, 08:51
They'd better not even try to charge me for coming to the event or I won't be a happy chicken.
Was there this much hassle last year? (I didn't attend for various reasons.)

deadsquirrel
12th September 2007, 09:20
It's £25 per car (from the website)

LOL! That's the cost if you want to test/practise your RACECAR!!!!!!

Nick Brad
12th September 2007, 10:39
That's very reasonable, anyone want to lend me a car? :D

Filray
13th September 2007, 15:53
Change of driver for No 7 Car for this weekend

car20
13th September 2007, 21:03
jay sheperd ? don't remeber as a old driver?

cool new driver but what happned too mal? is going to the number 30 or is he pulled out because of the red card?

racing59
13th September 2007, 22:10
Malcolm's not well.
That's all I know.

acorn
14th September 2007, 10:24
jay sheperd ? don't remeber as a old driver?

please tell me he's passed his rookie test so that we don't get another let down.

Nick Brad
14th September 2007, 10:42
Jay Shepherd happens to be some hot shot lawyer from the US. ;)

acorn
14th September 2007, 11:11
been googling have we?

could be useful in appealing the red card :D

Nick Brad
14th September 2007, 11:41
Google, the home of the useless info. I rarely can find what I'm actually after on there. :rolleyes:

car20
14th September 2007, 18:14
sorry too hear that :( hope a speedy recovery

turn 4 mad
14th September 2007, 22:21
Jay Shepherd actually done his rookie test the same time as jason plato and gang. As far as i know hes been racing tvr's and gt's, but dont quote me on this.