PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2007 Who do you think will win

VXRDartford
4th September 2007, 07:01
Just wondered who you think will come out on top of the pile when all the dust settles.

For me I think and hope plato will win but it is going to be very close.

(This is prob best as a poll but don't know how to create one if anyone can help)

SEATFreak
4th September 2007, 08:24
Going on the form and results of Thruxton Pt 1 back on May 8-9 I am afraid to say I think it will be Giovanardi though I hope by Sunday night I am one very very happy SEATFreak.

Fab got quite a good points haul and if he can repeat it he may well win the title.

I can cound 40pts alone from Thruxton without knowing how many races he led that day.

The 30pts for the two wins (2x 15pts) in Races 1 and 2, the 8pts for 4th in Race 3, and a point apeice for pole in Race 1 and the fastest lap of Race 2. He got pole for Race 2 but I am sure someone told me not so long ago only pole for Race 1 wins a point.

But I think if Jase' can win a race and finish highly in the other two, no worse than say 5th, whilst Fab does no better consistently that would be brilliant.

KILOHMUNNS
4th September 2007, 09:02
This is a tough one, with the lack of straight line speed I think Plato will struggle at little for pace. Giovanardi has done well at Thruxton already and I sure will do the same again. Also another factor could be Neal, no love lost between him and Plato, as I'm sure he will try and take as many points away from him as possible.

But I think as long as Plato continues to drive with his head then I think he will win it.

VkmSpouge
4th September 2007, 11:13
It is a very tough call. I think I will go for Plato to win it but I expect the points gap to be less than the 9 it currently is.

Any chance SEAT will bring in that third car to bolster their chances?

Iain
4th September 2007, 11:50
Giovanardi I hope, but Plato's always been right behind him this year, so I can see Plato scraping it by a few points.

Alfa Fan
4th September 2007, 13:13
Giovanardi's going to do it. The Vectra is very quick at Thruxton, and I can see Plato getting involved in an accident in the second race whilst trying to keep up with the faster Vauxhalls & BMWs (and even Hondas judging by Knockhill)

SEATFreak
4th September 2007, 13:56
Any chance SEAT will bring in that third car to bolster their chances?

I don't know how much it would help an individual driver in the Drivers Championship but I like to think if Scott knew how well VXR would be doing in the Manufacturers Championship where it would I think be as much of a boost as helping an individual driver in the Drivers Championship, he could, or perhaps should, have introduced the third car before now.

Granted they only lead by 3 points, providing the standings has been updates, but they are leading it.

But I like to think, for comfort reasons really, the reason why the third Leon hasn't materialised is because Scott has faith in Jase to win without any help from a third car.

nik
4th September 2007, 14:24
I think and hope Giovanardi will win. It's a fast track and the Vectra is much stronger than the Seat at Thruxton.

I also hope Jordan will win the indies - he was awesome there earlier in the year.

thompp
4th September 2007, 16:06
Giovanardi's going to do it. The Vectra is very quick at Thruxton, and I can see Plato getting involved in an accident in the second race whilst trying to keep up with the faster Vauxhalls & BMWs (and even Hondas judging by Knockhill)

I dont think JP would do anything to risk a DNF with the championship poised so closely. With the Vauxhalls likely to be quicker at Thruxton than the SEATs and Fab 9 points behind JP, the Finale is poised to be a knife-edge.

Iain
4th September 2007, 16:15
He might not do anything to risk it, but there are 24ish other drivers out there prepared to take a risk that might affect him......

I do wonder if we'll see a 3rd Leon and possibly even a 3rd Vectra out there for the manufacturers championship battle. Nominate cars 2 and 3, then leave Plato and Fabrizio to concentrate on drivers points.

BDunnell
4th September 2007, 17:17
He might not do anything to risk it, but there are 24ish other drivers out there prepared to take a risk that might affect him......

I do wonder if we'll see a 3rd Leon and possibly even a 3rd Vectra out there for the manufacturers championship battle. Nominate cars 2 and 3, then leave Plato and Fabrizio to concentrate on drivers points.

I suppose the third Leon is the more definite possibility, given that an extra entry was registered at the start of the season.

BeansBeansBeans
4th September 2007, 18:33
I think Plato will win.

I'm a long term Plato fan, so I'll be rooting for him, but I like Giovanardi a lot, so it won't be too painful if he wins the title instead.

Captain VXR
4th September 2007, 19:52
If the results are a repeat of last time round Thruxton in May then Gio will have it as they would become tied on points letting gio win cos hes won more races :)