PDA

View Full Version : New Indycar.com article

Jonesi
1st September 2007, 23:19
Lots of stuff on improvements, new car, '08 schedule, etc.
http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=9842
also:
http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=9845

Komahawk
2nd September 2007, 11:42
I read something about gear-shifting via paddles. Hell no! That would be a reason for me to quit watching.

Funny thing that F1 is going to the only major OW-series with 'real' gear-shifting in the future.

Turn-In
2nd September 2007, 14:16
what is real gear shifting to you? because f1 has seamless gearshifting with paddles....soon it will be driven by a computer if the ECU was specced

sanguin
2nd September 2007, 18:01
Where would they race in Canada and Mexico? that's all pretty vague.

Jonesi
2nd September 2007, 21:16
Where would they race in Canada and Mexico? that's all pretty vague.

Well in the past their standard MO is to try to hijack CC venues.

mark123
3rd September 2007, 00:20
a lot of positive vibes coming out of the IRL at the moment.

Mark in Oshawa
4th September 2007, 17:16
IRL in Canada? God knows CCWS owns Edmonton and has a hold on Quebec, but lets face it, Toronto is the market that you have to take first, and I don't see the IRL buying the event from Champ Car.

Sounds like a trial balloon to me, just like the IRL to Palm Springs rumour that was out there last year.....

Mark in Oshawa
4th September 2007, 17:18
I read something about gear-shifting via paddles. Hell no! That would be a reason for me to quit watching.

Funny thing that F1 is going to the only major OW-series with 'real' gear-shifting in the future.

f1 has paddles...it is where they came from. OF course, you watch to see guys shift gears, so I guess reality is a funny thing to you.

I suppose if real shifters use an H pattern too? That died about 25 years ago in OW racing...but that is ok..you just stick to your reality.

Easy Drifter
4th September 2007, 18:04
Canada. Maybe Mosport although Dr. Panoz owns it. Would put them in CC's backyard. Try to pry St. Jovite from CC? Just thoughts.