PDA

View Full Version : Encke Sport in 2008?

ADnet
1st September 2007, 21:57
Anyone heard any news on this?
I was just faffing about on ebay and managed to find one of the Astra coupe's up for grabs for 12k... 1 bidder aswell...

It's item number 330160751415

Alfa Fan
1st September 2007, 22:06
They were/are planning to buy 2x S2000 cars in the middle of this year for a full-time entry next year. I have my doubts.

ADnet
1st September 2007, 22:21
Part of that ebay write up says they are looking to enter 2008.. they didnt this year due to time constraints.. so hope they pull their finger out this year if they want to be in it next year!

VkmSpouge
1st September 2007, 22:34
I hope Encke get the funds to compete. They were supposed to be racing in the Dunlop Maxx Sport Cup with a Renault Clio, weren't they?
Wondering who is buying their Vauxhall (or as apparently the livery shows, Opel) Astra coupe? I wouldn't mind seeing one racing again.

thompp
1st September 2007, 22:37
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-Vauxhall-Astra-Coupe-Race-Racing-Car-BTCC_W0QQitemZ330160751415QQihZ014QQcategoryZ18308 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah I saw it as well. I could almost afford it as well. hmm...Team Thompp......

SEATFreak
2nd September 2007, 08:45
I their selling the car could that mean that if they do return in 2008 they may have a different car? Possibly something like an old Toledo?

Ian McC
2nd September 2007, 10:49
IWondering who is buying their Vauxhall (or as apparently the livery shows, Opel) Astra coupe?

Can't see there is much of a market for them now.

VkmSpouge
2nd September 2007, 14:55
Can't see there is much of a market for them now.

They'll be eligible to race in other club series like Britcar, they certainly wouldn't be the most competitive car in the BTCC but a well prepared one should be able to be in the midfield like Paul o'Neill was last year.

VXRDartford
5th September 2007, 09:29
I hope Encke get the funds to compete. They were supposed to be racing in the Dunlop Maxx Sport Cup with a Renault Clio, weren't they?

According to autosport they are running a clio in the Dunlop Maxx Sport cup and they are planning to run a second clio in the remaining rounds. Hope they will be in BTCC next year

VkmSpouge
5th September 2007, 13:23
At least they're running a car which gives them a platform and experience to build off.

BDunnell
5th September 2007, 13:35
I their selling the car could that mean that if they do return in 2008 they may have a different car?

I may be taking a wild stab in the dark here, but I suspect that this might be the case.

Along similar lines, my parents recently sold their house. As a result, they now have to live in a different one.

SEATFreak
5th September 2007, 15:16
At least they're running a car which gives them a platform and experience to build off.

And I think whatever car they will be running in 2008 they will have a platform there too to build something and I think something good off.

I think if I were a team boss and I had an old 01' Astra I wouldn't be that confident it would give me the same platform to build off as say a 04' factory Toledo or an 05 or 06' ex-Team Dyanamics Integra which are I think much more proven in Independent hands than the Astra. SibSports aside I think the Integra hasn't been that bad and we know how good the Toledo is for Team Air Cool and Motorbase.

If I wanted a good, strong, competitive Independent car that is at the same time "proven" I would choose an Integra over an Astra.

BDunnell
5th September 2007, 15:42
Let's hope they're reading this, for their sakes. ;)

VkmSpouge
5th September 2007, 17:12
Looks like the reserve on the Astra wasn't met during bidding, the highest it was was £13,100.

Jona
5th September 2007, 20:00
Check out what Encke Sport bought last from their feedback!

An Ice cream van! perhaps theyre going to enter that next year?! haha