PDA

View Full Version : Are supervillains dumb ?

A.F.F.
1st September 2007, 18:39
Quite day at work and all the kids are on their weekendholidays. So I layed on the sofa and found a superhero comicbook.

One thing made me wondering. If you were a supervillain with some sort of superpowers and you wanted to rob a bank or something, why on earth you'd choose to do it in New York where there seem to be dozens of heroes all over the city ???? I mean, America is quite large places and surely there are banks in smaller towns with certainly not a single superhero nearby, only a local police department.

So why do they come alone and in to a place where definately meet heroes ??

Eki
1st September 2007, 18:43
Quite day at work and all the kids are on their weekendholidays. So I layed on the sofa and found a superhero comicbook.

One thing made me wondering. If you were a supervillain with some sort of superpowers and you wanted to rob a bank or something, why on earth you'd choose to do it in New York where there seem to be dozens of heroes all over the city ???? I mean, America is quite large places and surely there are banks in smaller towns with certainly not a single superhero nearby, only a local police department.

One thing made me wondering. If all the kids are on a weekend holiday, what on earth are you doing at work, and most of all, why do they pay your salary for it? Are all employers dumb?

Donney
1st September 2007, 19:21
Are there any vacancies at your company I'd work like that anytime. ;)

tinchote
1st September 2007, 20:37

I would say that is just one of their usual mistakes. For example, what's the need for the monologue before killing the superhero? And even worse, why do they always leave when the superhero is trapped in their killing machine? :confused:

A.F.F.
1st September 2007, 22:39
One thing made me wondering. If all the kids are on a weekend holiday, what on earth are you doing at work, and most of all, why do they pay your salary for it? Are all employers dumb?

Well, like I said, I read that comicbook. Now I'm following Rally New Zealand on internet. I'm at work because if something happens at their holiday, they usually come back.

And to answer your second question, my employer is the City of Helsinki. Of course they're dumb.

ChrisS
1st September 2007, 23:05

Its just hero propaganda

of course supervillains rob small city banks and they often get away with robbing big city banks, but they dont make comics about them, no they only make comics about the ones that get caught ;) :p

A.F.F.
2nd September 2007, 16:34
Its just hero propaganda

of course supervillains rob small city banks and they often get away with robbing big city banks, but they dont make comics about them, no they only make comics about the ones that get caught ;) :p

I think you're very close to truth ChrisS.

In this episode of The Avengers, this guys Rhino comes in New york and starts messing things around. Let's talk about Rhino for a second. This guy could easily get his ass kicked by Spiderman, not to mention all Avengers. Why even try to face them all ???

Anyway, long story short, he got his ass kicked and new york safe once again.

I'm pretty sure that the other supervillains make succesfull acts of terror all around US all the time.

Sleeper
2nd September 2007, 22:29
I think you're very close to truth ChrisS.

In this episode of The Avengers, this guys Rhino comes in New york and starts messing things around. Let's talk about Rhino for a second. This guy could easily get his ass kicked by Spiderman, not to mention all Avengers. Why even try to face them all ???

Anyway, long story short, he got his ass kicked and new york safe once again.

I'm pretty sure that the other supervillains make succesfull acts of terror all around US all the time.
Well, Rhino's normally a hired hand so if he's doing something its because he's been told to.

Rollo
3rd September 2007, 03:43
of course supervillains rob small city banks and they often get away with robbing big city banks

The Penguin runs all sorts of shopfronts as an affront to organised crime. His target of eliminating the goddamn Batman is because Batman presents am obstruction to business.
Not dumb; quite smart business sense when you think about it.

I think that the people who usually get caught are Uneducated Itinerant Henchpersons of lower wages who have mental issues such as Redshirt Syndrome.

A.F.F.
3rd September 2007, 08:06
Well, Rhino's normally a hired hand so if he's doing something its because he's been told to.

I wasn't aware of that. Could it be that Rhino was hired to distract superheroes in New York while other supervillains do damage somewhere else ?? .eek:

SEATFreak
3rd September 2007, 15:42
Why do you rekon it is always poor New York?

Is it because if it was in LA they won't be able to see a hand in front of their face because of the smog, if it was in Florida they would be spending all their time at Disney Land and if it was in Las Vegas they would be distraced by the lure of testing their luck on the tables or seeing a well produced Frank Sinatra tribute show by singers you have never heard of but are bloody good anyway?